image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 114.
#4151 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

One of my favorite moments was when Jack had to thank "Wet Butt Disease" for joining while he was talking to Steve Ritchie:

I'd watch more of this is there was more of that. Though I think awmanishitmypants! would have been better, especially with all those ladies in the background.

#4152 8 years ago

This theme really screams for an LCD - especially if they are using show clips on the DMD
After seeing and playing WOZ and Hobbit, I am sold on the LCD.

#4153 8 years ago

No one is complaining about Steve or even Jack who has a big personality. The Jody kid was obnoxious. Whether you admit it or not, it affects your opinion of the company to some degree. Gary was drunk in the last stream and no one cared. Cause Gary can act like an adult. Jody tried to match Jacks style and failed. Oops

#4154 8 years ago

Was that George Gomez who did the Hulk vs. Transformer thing? That's hilarious.

#4155 8 years ago

Never thought I would say this but the GoT theme music is getting annoying if it is overused. I hope they will work on this. Perhaps every house needs it's theme and they should all be very different to the main song.

#4156 8 years ago

I think the "Beta" code is off to a great start. Plenty of rules in place, very cool light shows. Much further along than many early games. Game play seems pretty cool, obviously fast. The dragon type kickback is always fun.
Much more impressed after watching it play rather than looking at static playfield images. The sword lock is cool. Looks to function more cleanly than the munchkin hut, bar on WOZ.

On the downside for me: THE DMD. Even the same sized LCD monitor display would be 100% improvement. Hard to look at it in a new game after owning WOZ. Don't get me wrong my TZ, TAFG and STTNG are not going anywhere but the red DMD just looked.......... on a new game. And the video mode looks like I played it on an original non color Game boy

Definitely a game I would like to play and am interested in seeing the LE version differences in play, but probably not something I would buy at the moment.

#4157 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Never thought I would say this but the GoT theme music is getting annoying if it is overused. I hope they will work on this. Perhaps every house needs it's theme and they should all be very different to the main song.

That's one of the things I don't like about LOTR. The main theme gets old after a while. Of course, that's just incentive to get to a mode or multiball as soon as possible.

#4158 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Never thought I would say this but the GoT theme music is getting annoying if it is overused.

That was my gripe. As I said earlier my coworker even mentioned it was annoying while I watched twitch at the office. Showed the wife not saying anything except here is the new game and mid way she said that's annoying as hell.
As of now until someone has alternate music that's a huge reason for me not to buy. Two games of that and folks will be slitting their wrists .
Does anyone watch that long arse intro for the show anyway?

#4159 8 years ago

i can see what the peoples are saying with the theme song playing almost all the time.
there must be other tracks, i hope.
but then again, never heard somebody say something about LOTR.

#4160 8 years ago

Sold LOTr ; )

#4161 8 years ago

or get away but seriously, i know what you mean.

#4162 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i can see what the peoples are saying with the theme song playing almost all the time.

Steve Ritchie said voicework is in the early stage of being implemented, so seems possible/likely they've got more music to add as well.

#4163 8 years ago

Watched the Dead Flip stream last night.

Seems simple, fun and easy to follow in terms of gameplay.

BUT good god did the art and theme look weak. I know *some* of it still is placeholder, but pretty much everything on the DMD looked like placeholder art ... it looked really careless and poor.

#4164 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Pinball Browser supports spike now as well.

#4166 8 years ago

My post just "Lit up" on Steve Ritchie's FB page!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207760558242055&set=p.10207760558242055&type=3&theater&notif_t=like

Sr.PNGSr.PNG

PinsideGOT.jpgPinsideGOT.jpg

#4167 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

BUT good god did the art and theme look weak. I know *some* of it still is placeholder, but pretty much everything on the DMD looked like placeholder art ... it looked really careless and poor.

Yes, I know Jody was taking shots at JJP because "we ship games that's what we do" but some time man you got to step up and do something a cut above. IMO.

#4168 8 years ago

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm sticking with the LE. I love the hand drawn art on the cab.

#4169 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm sticking with the LE. I love the hand drawn art on the cab.

I got your back devils fan. I'm in on LE as well.

#4170 8 years ago

Well, I'm more optimistic about the game after watching some game play. I'm still not sure if it's my cup of tea, but the game is fast and I'm now pretty sure that they'll sell a lot of pros.

I wouldn't normally fault the horseplay while playing pinball, but this is the first time anyone has seen game play, so it would have been a lot better if Jody hadn't dominated the dialog so much. It seemed that Steve kind of withdrew as a result of that, though that might be his usual demeanor for all I know. The video worked, but could have been a lot better for those of us on the fence about buying had we been able to hear more of the game sounds, callouts, and tips from Steve, rather than be distracted by two guys competing to see which one was the biggest jokester.

This also seems to have shot down the rumor of the game being super further along on code than usual. It seems very playable and probably further along than usual for a beta version, but from Steve's comments, they're obviously still figuring out some aspects of the code (3 vs 4 multiballs, for instance). I wish Stern luck with sales and hope that they can throw a touchdown on the Premium reveal. It's the best second chance they're going to get and a bunch of us are on the fence waiting for that play.

#4171 8 years ago

Sometimes I feel like people haven't read the feature list. The theme song will not be the only oneimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#4172 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

metimes I feel like people haven't read the feature list. The theme song will not be the only one

Correct . And great news.

#4173 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Sometimes I feel like people haven't read the feature list. The theme song will not be the only oneimage.jpeg

All I know is what I saw and heard. And while I love the GOT theme song I had to turn off the stream after a while because I just couldn't listen to it looping any more. So if there are songs for each multiball and other modes or something then great, but I sure hope that theme isn't the default thing that plays constantly otherwise.

#4174 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

All I know is what I saw and heard. And while I love the GOT theme song I had to turn off the stream after a while because I just couldn't listen to it looping any more. So if there are songs for each multiball and other modes or something then great, but I sure hope that theme isn't the default thing that plays constantly otherwise.

Good grief, do people really think this will happen? When has this ever happened before? Seriously, the exact same music looped endlessly during the entire game is what people think will happen?

This is as bad as you thinking that the Elvira "Ooh, Jackpot!" callout was part of the game too.

#4175 8 years ago

Going back to the art.... If they had just made the Shield Gold instead of Silver, it would have blended in much better.

Edit -> game play looked cool -> looking forward to seeing the Premium/LE!

#4176 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Good grief, do people really think this will happen? When has this ever happened before? Seriously, the exact same music looped endlessly during the entire game is what people think will happen?

Uh, yes? Most games have a "default" theme, and then switch up the music for multiballs etc. Which is exactly what I just typed.

Quoted from RobT:

This is as bad as you thinking that the Elvira "Ooh, Jackpot!" callout was part of the game too.

You know, I enjoyed your posts here before you got cranky a few months ago. Now you're just dickish all the time to everyone. Here, have your favorite emoticon:

#4177 8 years ago

I sense there is some Vicodin abuse in this thread. Send it to me and all will be fine.

#4178 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It isn't? I'm out!

#4179 8 years ago

In the video I saw, every mode and multiball had a different tune.

#4180 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Uh, yes? Most games have a "default" theme, and then switch up the music for multiballs etc. Which is exactly what I just typed.

You know, I enjoyed your posts here before you got cranky a few months ago. Now you're just dickish all the time to everyone. Here, have your favorite emoticon:

Take a look in the mirror. Your constant bashing of a game that you aren't even interested in comes across as pretty dickish as well.

#4181 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

All I know is what I saw and heard.

I take it Aliens will have multiple songs to chose from before you launch the ball?

Honestly I wish we had more info on Aliens right now to make a decision between it, GOT and TH.

#4182 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

My post just "Lit up" on Steve Ritchie's FB page!

Glad he had an honest reply. Makes you wonder if they had roadblocks with the art package.

#4183 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Take a look in the mirror. Your constant bashing of a game that you aren't even interested in comes across as pretty dickish as well.

I haven't read this thread in three weeks because the bashing was nauseating and I see that has not changed. Just one question to save me reading 2000+ posts: any idea of when the Premium pictures are coming? I need to decide between the Premium and LE soon.

#4184 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Here's the difference: I'm posting my opinion on a game, not people. One of the reasons this forum exists, so we can post our opinions about pinball. I praise things I love, and I'm not shy about saying what I don't like. Why else are we here to talk about new games? To just cheer each other on about spending money? The only "bashing" I've done recently was in response to you trying to poke me. My comment in that thread previously had been positive, but you just had to be a dick, so you got what you wanted.

You know why I'm not interested in it? Because it looks kinda crummy, and I'm not going to spend $7000 to look at it, because on my personal scale of what matters art and translation of theme counts. Whatever Steve and Dwight have done isn't related to that, might be a fun game. I'll play someone else's or something. It's not because I hate Sterns (I own 3) or hate Steve Ritchie (one of the greats) or thing Dwight is lame (solid programmer with creative ideas), or I'm not a GOT fan (seen every episode, most multiple times). I buy pinballs. I buy Sterns. So don't try and play the "you aren't even interested" card like I'm some outside hater.

You're just personally nasty now. I dunno what happened to make you so cranky, but you've been like this for months. And you make it personal instead of about the ideas. Sorry I've never watched Dead Flip and didn't know they had an Elvira jackpot callout that plays automatically. I'm supposed to know while watching a game I've never seen before that a jackpot callout isn't coming from it? I obviously knew the origin of the callout, I own the freaking game, but I figured it was an homage, and remarked that it sounded weird. Because it did.

Honest mistake. Kinda funny really. But not from you, because you're being an asshole about it. You're pissing directly in my Cheerios over what? That I think the art on Game of Thrones is lackluster? That's making your feelings hurt so you want to be a dick to me, personally? Check your own mirror.

#4185 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

This was one of the few things that stood out to me during the hour or so that I watched the stream. The flow looked great but I kept getting a bit distracted by the repetitive theme of the GoT Intro music. And full disclosure--I've watched almost the entire series twice On Demand, and I get excited about the Intro every single time I fire up a show. There a plenty of On Demand shows that I fast forward through the Intro, but GoT is not one of those shows.

Having said that, I couldn't help but think: "Man. 90 seconds of this while watching the intro to the show instantly sends me into "pretending to conduct an orchestra" mode.. an hour of this?? And I'm seriously hoping that they somehow remix this song into less of an earworm if this is the only track that they bought the license for.."

#4186 8 years ago

Seriously getting tired of the same people bashing the same pin(s). Why? Pretend that it's to help promote changes? Enough voices from many, maybe. Same small batch of voices heard over and over, just whiny bitching.

#4187 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

I take it Aliens will have multiple songs to chose from before you launch the ball?
Honestly I wish we had more info on Aliens right now to make a decision between it, GOT and TH.

No clue, I'm not at all in charge of the music. Couldn't answer if I wanted to.

The point isn't that games shouldn't have a main theme, almost all of them do, and that's fine. The point was that I'm not sure I can take listening to that particular one over and over. It's a great theme song, but it has these sort of irritating edge to it after you hear it for too long with the up and down repeating violin phrase. I'm describing that badly, but I think people know what I mean. I can hear it in my head just typing about it.

Several people have made the same comment, so I know I'm not alone there. Who knows what the final code will sound like? All I know is I'm sorry David Thiel and Stern parted ways, I would trust his instincts if he was putting the music together.

#4188 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I haven't read this thread in three weeks because the bashing was nauseating and I see that has not changed. Just one question to save me reading 2000+ posts: any idea of when the Premium pictures are coming? I need to decide between the Premium and LE soon.

Most of sterns posts are "stayed tuned" but they did post that the live game play is something they will do in the future and that the LE gameplay will be shown in oct.

#4189 8 years ago

Hopefully you can buy it back.

#4190 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sorry I've never watched Dead Flip and didn't know they had an Elvira jackpot callout that plays automatically. I'm supposed to know while watching a game I've never seen before that a jackpot callout isn't coming from it? I obviously knew the origin of the callout, I own the freaking game, but I figured it was an homage, and remarked that it sounded weird. Because it did.
Honest mistake. Kinda funny really. But not from you, because you're being an asshole about it. You're pissing directly in my Cheerios over what? That I think the art on Game of Thrones is lackluster? That's making your feelings hurt so you want to be a dick to me, personally? Check your own mirror.

No, and you know that's not it, because I've already told you exactly what the issue that I have with you is.

But if you want me to repeat it, I will: you've said the same thing about the artwork a million times. I don't care how you phrase it, when you keep repeating how bad the artwork is, even if you say it in different ways each time, it still comes down to you saying the artwork sucks. So, at some point I think it's pretty fair to say that you are bashing the game at that point.

So when I see you quickly make a post once again criticizing the game for a callout from Scared Stiff, without apparently even taking a second to think about how stupid and unrealistic it would be to have that in GOT (a callout from a different manufacturer no less), it came across to me as another example of you just wanting to be quick to bash the game. Again.

I do find it ironic that I never once called you a name in any of my posts, yet you respond with plenty of personal attacks of your own.

#4191 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It was hard to see some of it, so I chalked a lot of it up to "This might translate better in person."

The only things that had me scratching my head were that a lot of the Dots/Code just didn't seem to integrate into the theme all that well.

The slot machine mechanic might be fun.. the cash collection/spending might be fun.. the video mode might end up being fun--they just didn't really look all that fun, and there just seemed like a lot of it that didn't come across as "Game of Thrones" to me. Some of the cut scenes drew me back in and I'd say to myself "Ok. I see where they're going.." but then there was just so much that felt like it could be on a different game and give me the same impression.. It's early code, so that's fine. I'm just hoping they reel it in a bit and really focus on integration going forward.

#4192 8 years ago

I thought the Live Stream was GREAT! What more do you want? WTF

Clearly they aren't releasing the Premium artwork until they give ample time to sell the LE's. Surprise?

All that said, I won't buy the Pro, it was "underwhelming" to me. I have enough SR "flow" pins.

The code seems much farther along. Tanio enters the stream and had been "working all weekend" to get it to that point. Didn't know he was "the guy".

I'm interested in the premium only. We'll see. Great stuff.

#4193 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Hopefully you can buy it back.

lol won't happen. But the Getaway is my favorite game. I think it's just the style of music but luckily if the rest of the game rocks I am sure there will be solutions.

#4194 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I thought the Live Stream was GREAT! What more do you want? WTF

I thought it was great too. Okay, so it wasn't perfect, people wanted everyone to shut up so they could hear the callouts and Steve explaining stuff, I get that. But I feel like we're never satisfied. We cry and cry about getting video, so they show Woah Nellie on the factory floor, right away, and we whine that the person playing didn't have a good game.

Now they take the game that we've all been talking about and are curious (good or bad, it's generated comments) and stream a live session. Not one little game, but a whole bunch of them, taking comments in real time.

Fine, Jody was annoying some people. And I got tired of the music. Poor us. Good for Jack and Steve and Stern.

Quoted from iceman44:

Tanio enters the stream and had been "working all weekend" to get it to that point. Didn't know he was "the guy".

Hopefully it's at least further out than a typical Stern launch, but the way they were talking about how that wasn't even 1.0 and the typo etc makes me wonder. Maybe they had to scramble to ditch the LCD we were all expecting and that held things back?

#4195 8 years ago

When they stream the LE, let Lyman play it, while Steve talks about it. Jody should go on a Starbucks run for everyone.

#4196 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

When they stream the LE, let Lyman play it, while Steve talks about it. Jody should go on a Starbucks run for everyone.

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. Like honestly, I can't believe I've never seen Lyman play a game live. He's a great coder and I want to see his pinball skills!

#4197 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Now they take the game that we've all been talking about and are curious (good or bad, it's generated comments) and stream a live session. Not one little game, but a whole bunch of them, taking comments in real time.

I really enjoyed the whole unscripted unveiling. And I LMAO at some of the live streaming comments. Some brutal and many very complimentary.

You gotta at least give Jody credit for taking all the incoming on the FB ban comments. They put themselves out there.

At least Stern is trying! Even though Steve had to text his wife and tell her where the F he was at during the stream.

It's Pinball, and it's a WHOLE lot better than before.

#4198 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

On TWD, sure, I don't care about seeing Lyman play a pin he has nothing to do with. Poor Jody, forget the Starbucks run, he needed to make the BEER run.

#4199 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I do find it ironic that I never once called you a name in any of my posts, yet you respond with plenty of personal attacks of your own.

Quoted from RobT:

Your constant bashing of a game that you aren't even interested in comes across as pretty dickish as well.

This reminds me of talking to my wife.

Her: "You called me a bitch!"
Me: "No, no I said you're ACTING like a bitch"

#4200 8 years ago

One of the reasons that I think that this thread in particular is so polarizing is that this is such an important theme for so many people. There are people that just troll threads because they get a rise out of it or whatever, but I'm not seeing that from most of the people commenting here. I think that in general, most people have a lot better things to do with their time than to spend 15 minutes per post drafting a well thought out response articulating their concerns.

That is one of the reasons why I keep coming back to this thread. I'm not trying to call anyone's baby ugly. I just want this pin to be good because it's on my short list of dream themes.

My list of dream themes really isn't all that long: Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Lord of the Rings, Battlestar Gallactica, The Hobbit, Aliens (Aliens moreso than any of the other movies in the series), Star Trek (The Next Generation in particular, but I enjoy most things Star Trek), X-Files, and Firefly. There's a ton of things that I could care less about. I'm indifferent to most music pins, and there are a ton of themes that I can understand peoples excitement, but I just don't get the appeal. To each their own--but if something is on my short list, I can't help but be passionate about it. In a perfect world I want my perception of the finished product to live up to my expectations. There's nothing wrong with that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.