image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 114.
#3501 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Stern's market share of selling NIB games is the lowest its been in probably 20 years! They move into a new larger factory and people are still waiting for their Kiss Premiums for over 90 days. Do I sound so silly now??

Dude, seriously? The market was dying 20 years ago. B/W were at the end of the line. Capcom closed shop. Data east was on its last legs. Now Stern had to go to a bigger factory just to try to keep of with production, they almost quadrupled the size of the factory, and still can't keep up. That's why people are still waiting for their KISS. Stern has sold more games in the past 4 years, than the previous 11 before that.

#3502 8 years ago

Well with a bigger shop Stern should be able to give all buyers of the newest release their pins they paid for quickly. Sounds to me like they didn't order enough parts to complete orders paid for KISS Premium. Doesn't make a lot of sense to have that capacity and not fill all orders of your new release in short order. That's the main reason many buy NIB Sterns to get a pin quick after paying.

#3503 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

That's the way I see it. It's like GM in the 70's producing the same boat cars with declining quality while ignoring the import competition. It aleady sounds like WOZ is a popular route pin. If JJP can get games out the door faster or maybe a cheaper pin, Stern may quickly find themselves behind in the competition. I just don't get why Stern doesn't raise the bar to tighten their hold on the market and drive out these startups. It's not like many people buy multiple $7000-$9000 pins a year. Stern needs to do better and quit calling it in.

Maybe they aren't raising the bar because they can't. Because you can't produce the kind of pins people here want at the price people here want to pay. I understand some of the complaints against Stern, but a lot of the stuff comes down to limitations within the industry.

#3504 8 years ago

For KISS, Stern ordered 150% of their normal parts ordered for an initial machine release. Initial orders turned out at just a bit over 300% of average. Playfields take time to cure. Compare this to WWE, and to date they have only used about 30% of their initial parts order. So it can be difficult to plan parts ordering.

#3505 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

For KISS, Stern ordered 150% of their normal parts ordered for an initial machine release. Initial orders turned out at just a bit over 300% of average. Playfields take time to cure. Compare this to WWE, and to date they have only used about 30% of their initial parts order. So it can be difficult to plan parts ordering.

That makes sense sounds like KISS turned out to be one hell of a release for them. Good to see that type of activity for a new pin. You know us pinball addicts want our pins yesterday. Kinda tough having that much $ tied up for something that we're not playing the hell out of.

#3506 8 years ago

Those small clips is pointless to me as a buyer. Why not show some gameplay or at least the whole playfield? Even with bare-bone code, anything is better than these tiny clips. Are they supposed to wet my appetite for the game?

Strange pr, if you ask me.

#3507 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

And yet, not as hard as it could be. Ask anyone here, will WWE sell? Will Kiss sell? No. Yes. Done.

#3508 8 years ago

Seems like the GOT release was rushed for some reason. Initial pics were actually renders, then subsequent video clips from an unfinished game in a TWD cabinet. With the negative response to the art, would have been much better to follow up with some strong gameplay footage of a finished game.

Was it something to do with the license?

#3509 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Goes to show that a decent theme with nice looking art will sell like hot cakes before anyone plays it.

Curious do you have actual numbers sold, not as a percentage?

#3510 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Seems like the GOT release was rushed for some reason. Initial pics were actually renders, then subsequent video clips from an unfinished game in a TWD cabinet. With the negative response to the art, would have been much better to follow up with some strong gameplay footage of a finished game.

GOT (release) was not rushed. Release date was scheduled 18 months ago. KISS was also released with renders.

#3511 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

GOT (release) was not rushed. Release date was scheduled 18 months ago.

It's been known it was September for a long time, agreed. But man, it sure *looks* rushed.

#3512 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

GOT (release) was not rushed. Release date was scheduled 18 months ago. KISS was also released with renders.

If the release date was scheduled 18 months ago but the game wasn't quite ready (maybe due to a significantly different pro and LE/premium model), it may have been rushed to meet the deadline.

#3513 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's been known it was September for a long time, agreed. But man, it sure *looks* rushed.

I never said it didn't look rushed, lol. Seriously though, Stern's hands were tied pretty much when it came to the artwork. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that this game is being marketed as "Game of Thrones Pinball by HBO", NOT "HBO's Game of Thrones pinball by Stern". HBO pretty much controls every aspect of this machine, except playfield layout. IMHO, this is clearly a case of the Licensee having to much control.

#3514 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

I never said it didn't look rushed, lol. Seriously though, Stern's hands were tied pretty much when it came to the artwork. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that this game is being marketed as "Game of Thrones Pinball by HBO", NOT "HBO's Game of Thrones pinball by Stern". HBO pretty much controls every aspect of this machine, except playfield layout. IMHO, this is clearly a case of the Licensee having to much control.

From what I've heard this is exactly what happened.

And this is consistent with the crap that JJP had to put up with on TH as well ("no, you can't let the ball hit Smaug!)

#3515 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that this game is being marketed as "Game of Thrones Pinball by HBO"

I sure hope this will be HBO's last outing as a pinball company.

#3516 8 years ago

Which begs the question: Why didn't Stern just use Photoshop instead of paying someone to do photorealistic pics?? Seems that money could have gone elsewhere.

#3517 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Stern,.............. Do I sound so silly now??

Yes. Even more so.

#3518 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

HBO pretty much controls every aspect of this machine, except playfield layout. IMHO, this is clearly a case of the Licensee having to much control.

Well then maybe its time to say fuck the license, how about we go back to original themes? I've asked this before but no one seems to know I guess, how much per pin is a license costing? $100, $1000? I assume it depends on the amount of pins manufactured, I would be way more interested in GOT if was say Knights of the round table or something like that, not that a license is bad thing and I'm sure it has to be that way for on site games but what a shame. I think Stern could handle every 1 in 3 or 4 pins at least being original themed. I don't know.

#3519 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well then maybe its time to say fuck the license, how about we go back to original themes? I've asked this before but no one seems to know I guess, how much per pin is a license costing? $100, $1000? I assume it depends on the amount of pins manufactured, I would be way more interested in GOT if was say Knights of the round table or something like that, not that a license is bad thing and I'm sure it has to be that way for on site games but what a shame. I think Stern could handle every 1 in 3 or 4 pins at least being original themed. I don't know.

The licensed model has been KILLING it for them. Why would they do it differently?

#3520 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The licensed model has been KILLING it for them. Why would they do it differently?

I know, just curiousity and wishful thinking, also not too many themes that appeal to me are made in pinball, next to none but I love the 80's stuff and prefer OG themes, always have. Aliens is a great theme and I love the films but I would be happy with a well thought out Alien theme that has no connection to the films, I understand why it won't happen and yeah if it ain't broke then why fix it, well maybe that time is coming.

#3521 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Those small clips is pointless to me as a buyer. Why not show some gameplay or at least the whole playfield? Even with bare-bone code, anything is better than these tiny clips. Are they supposed to wet my appetite for the game?

Hey Robin is there a way I can like this 10,000 times?

#3522 8 years ago

WWE was "broken". Just 1 out of 4 with the unlicensed theme is all, or 1 in 8, whatever.

#3523 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Yes. Even more so.

thanks for taking the time to read my posts, adding you own verbiage to a quote of mine and post it in a reply. I could of swore misquoting was grounds for a thread eject.

#3524 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I could of swore misquoting was grounds for a thread eject.

whiny.jpgwhiny.jpg

#3525 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

I just don't buy it. But I could post all my arguments and it wouldn't change a thing, so no point. I'm sad that Ritchie and the theme weren't given more love. They both deserve it. Why it happened doesn't really matter.

I'm looking forward to playing it. But I hope they have more than just Pros at Expo.

#3526 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I could of swore misquoting was grounds for a thread eject.

I "could of" swore being whiny was grounds for being ridiculed.

Lighten up francis....

#3527 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

thanks for taking the time to read my posts, adding you own verbiage to a quote of mine and post it in a reply. I could of swore misquoting was grounds for a thread eject.

IMO you should have seen it coming man.

#3528 8 years ago

Guys, this thread is DONE. Until gameplay footage happens, let's all take a breather and stop insulting each other. It's not worth it. 71 pages of back and forth...we all agree. THE ART SUCKS!!! Nothing left to say.

#3529 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Guys, this thread is DONE. Until gameplay footage happens, let's all take a breather and stop insulting each other. It's not worth it. 71 pages of back and forth...we all agree. THE ART SUCKS!!! Nothing left to say.

I don't, necessarily. I think the cabinet and translite are fine. Just the PF needs to be tweaked. But it won't, so I'll just play in the dark.

#3530 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't, necessarily. I think the cabinet and translite are fine. Just the PF needs to be tweaked. But it won't, so I'll just play in the dark.

Yes, I agree. The playfield artwork will never change and thus we are all left having to feel lukewarm about a pin we all wanted to love. No code or gamplay will overcome the hideous nature of the playfield. When people play LOTR, this first thing they say is how awesome the playfield is...Hobbit has it. GOT does not. Bummer.

#3531 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm looking forward to playing it. But I hope they have more than just Pros at Expo.

Don't count on it. The last three years, the latest releases have only had pros at Expo. Xmen, Star Trek, TWD.

#3532 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Don't count on it. The last three years, the latest releases have only had pros at Expo. Xmen, Star Trek, TWD.

Yeah, I had the same thought.

#3533 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Yes, I agree. The playfield artwork will never change and thus we are all left having to feel lukewarm about a pin we all wanted to love. No code or gamplay will overcome the hideous nature of the playfield. When people play LOTR, this first thing they say is how awesome the playfield is...Hobbit has it. GOT does not. Bummer.

I think hideous is a bit much. Let down, sure. When I think LOTR, I don't think beautiful playfield. I think, cool theme and deep rules.

#3534 8 years ago

And no matter how beautiful the playfield, if the gameplay sucks with TH, they won't move many of them. Gameplay def trumps artwork IMHO

#3535 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Guys, this thread is DONE. Until gameplay footage happens

Well, there are the clips being released every 2 days...

Quoted from karl:

...which, I agree, are very pointless.

#3536 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Hey, Kaneda...you played TH at Jack's open house, right? What did you think of it?

#3537 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Guys, this thread is DONE.

This thread is dead. We said it all......

#3538 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

After hearing all of the call outs/voices from the brief lab clips so far.. I'm even more disappointed... dribbling of game footage is making me not like this game even more..

#3539 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Guys, this thread is DONE. ..... Nothing left to say.

Quoted from kaneda:

The play field artwork ................... hideous nature of the playfield. W

Guess you found more to say?...... and only 5 short minutes after your pronouncement....

#3540 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Because no one would buy them.

#3541 8 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

After hearing all of the call outs/voices from the brief lab clips so far.. I'm even more disappointed... dribbling of game footage is making me not like this game even more..

Yes, the quick clips suck and while I like the theme music, I think it might get annoying after a while if the theme music is played continuously.

#3542 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Interesting stats.....

#3543 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Rushed ? It's been in development for 2 years.

#3544 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Because no one would buy them.

Well that sucks, if people need a theme from pop culture then as usual I will stay on the outside of that bubble. I went to look a an Embryon yesterday and it's a ten times cooler than any super hero or old rock band for me, I guess if I watched these shows and listened to those bands I would actually care but I don't, I'm glad at least some people get want they want. I'll happily buy the Embryon for 1/5 the price.

#3545 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Do you know how silly you sound? Stern has probably 85%-90% of the Pinball market. Spooky sold 150 games. Stern probably sold more WWE LE's than that (I can not confirm or deny this)..
How's this. I'll bet you $100 GOT ships before Hobbit. By the time Rob Zombie ships, Stern will have shipped 3 pins. And will Alien even ship in 2016? Who knows. Hope so.
As much as people on here complain that Stern is digging it's own grave, remember, Pinside is like 10% of buyers for Stern. Most Pinball collectors are not on Pinside daily complaining about art. We are because, heck it's fun

don't you get tired of betting everybody?

#3546 8 years ago

So I'm watching these GoT video tidbits...

The white on black background titles last almost as long as the video part. It's annoying.

#3547 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Give them two more years and maybe they'll deliver a good pin package.

#3548 8 years ago

Have I missed something? I thought nobody here has seen or played GoT. How could anybody judge this game already?

#3549 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Have I missed something? I thought nobody here has seen or played GoT. How could anybody judge this game already?

Because everybody on Pinside knows everything. Didn't you know that? You must not be a Pinsider.

#3550 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Quoted from Iceman5000:

Quoted from mnpinball:

That's my point - they've had 18 months - 2 years to develop this thing, was supposed to be the most complete game on release they've ever done. And all we have on release are some 3d renders of the PF / cab, and some short 5 sec vids of a game in a TWD cab! With so much time in development, why does the launch (release) feel so rushed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.