image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 114.
#3051 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Found the leaked playfield art for the upcoming Star Wars pin from Stern. Looks legit
sternstarwarsplayfieldart.jpg

is that a wide body?

#3053 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

That is a beautiful woman and in that scene she was the definition of erotic and sexy. I was watching it with my wife and son and it was interesting watching their reactions.

I'd much prefer to see art more like those 2 examples. Without showing much T&A at all, they convey the sex appeal and violence of the show. The artists who created them get it.

#3055 8 years ago

It appears the moon shot is the far right orbit on the upperplayfield looks to be badazz

#3056 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Oh,boy,here we go again!! The dealers will buy up all the LE s,wait for any mods,then sell them for a grand more!!700 pins will go fast!I also wish they would build one pin and let it go at that!So,we have a LOTR,a HOBBIT,and a GOT.Now you have the trilogy in pinball form,and for us that never saw this show!!! Hodor hodor,omg!!!

Dude, going cold turkey is usually a bad idea.

#3057 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I see some dimpling already....

play field protector it is then. Gotta hand it to JJP I saw a show pin with thousands of plays and not a single dimple from the pin at cleveland show

#3058 8 years ago

standard edition

#3059 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Dude, going cold turkey is usually a bad idea.

That dude has been quitting cold turkey for his entire pinside career.

#3060 8 years ago

When I asked about GI I was told le will be 3 colors but they didnt know what colors. Pro will be one.

#3061 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

play field protector it is then. Gotta hand it to JJP I saw a show pin with thousands of plays and not a single dimple from the pin at cleveland show

Lowepg was talking about dimpling on the fat guy's back with the Star Wars tats. It was a joke!

#3062 8 years ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

When I asked about GI I was told le will be 3 colors but they didnt know what colors. Pro will be one.

Star Trek LE GI was listed as 3 on the matrix, but then only shipped as white. So these things seem to change last second.

#3063 8 years ago

I missed the announcement. Who is doing the voice work again? TIA.

#3064 8 years ago

Where is the PREMIUM?

How much longer does Stern need to give the distros time to soak up the LE sales?

#3065 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Where is the PREMIUM?
How much longer does Stern need to give the distros time to soak up the LE sales?

They're just waiting for the dust to settle. Oops...wrong thread.

#3066 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

is that a wide body?

I don't know. I'm just hoping it doesn't come with a shaker motor.

#3067 8 years ago

This is Post #3067 of mostly negative reactions to the art. I think it will be a blast to play. To me it boils down to trying it in person. If the Premium is nice I can't see spending and extra $1500 for art. I think my first shot will be the Houston show in November.

#3068 8 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Does it seem to you at least that within a certain region in the show that they kept the regional accent consistent? I wonder how much thought goes into that. Being that Americans are the show runners, I bet they just hear any British accent and shout, "Perfect!"
There is actually a northern British accent, though, right? I remember them mentioning it in Doctor Who when Christopher Eccleston was The Doctor ("Why do you have a northern accent?"). Did they at least get that one right in GOT? Seems like those in the north should be using it.

Absolutely and there are many different northern accents. People from Yorkshire, Newcastle and Liverpool (for example) sound very different. I think they do a pretty good job of keeping them grouped on the show. I'd rather that than people attempt to imitate an accent and risk doing a bad job!

Quoted from winteriscoming:

Of course, then you've got the foreigners doing British accents. Do those sound bad to you? Peter Dinklage (Tyrion) is American and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime) is Danish.

Russell Crowe's accent in Robin Hood is hilarious. In every scene he sounds like he's from a different part of the UK. Maybe he should have followed Kevin Costner's lead (from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves) and not even attempted one. Still, it could be worse I guess. You have to put up Jason Statham attempting an American accent...

#3069 8 years ago

I have looked at the various pics and have come to the conclusion that it doesn't look too bad except for the Fisher Price inserts. If they wouldn't have cheaped out on the castle walls and stuff like that and put some normal sized inserts in it and not made the shield sill looking it would look pretty good. For a Stern game that is. Metallica is still the best looking stern to hit the streets.

#3070 8 years ago

Does anyone know the ballpark time frames for shipping of pro's and then LEs?

#3071 8 years ago

LEs should be shipping at the end of October.

#3072 8 years ago

According to their Facebook page looks like they are adding a throne in the Pros. Fills in the empty space in the back left corner a bit and solves the "wheresthethrone" complaint.

#3073 8 years ago

New art and throne added to GOT pro

GOT1.jpgGOT1.jpg

GOT2.jpgGOT2.jpg

#3074 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

New art and throne added to GOT pro

GOT1.jpg GOT2.jpg

Jarred:"we have a bunch of complaints about the shitty pro, what should we do?"

Gary:"Stick the chair in the game in some spot randomly and not have it interact with the ball"

#3075 8 years ago

besides the Throne its interesting that the background is changed from the white walker to the trone background. maybe more changed will be made.

#3076 8 years ago

This says to me:

1. That Stern has heard the concerns with respect to the art on GOT; and
2. That they are able to make changes to it, even at this late stage.

Maybe they can still change the gradient silver blob on the playfield to a proper throne graphic on the premium and LE.

#3077 8 years ago

wow that is atleast nice to see they saw a huge omission of the throne and tried to remedy it, perhaps the #wheresthethrone hashtag worked

#3078 8 years ago

For comparison sake - old vs new pro back panel (I think the new look is a lot better):

GOT4.jpgGOT4.jpgGOT2.jpgGOT2.jpg

#3079 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

This says to me:
1. That Stern has heard the concerns with respect to the art on GOT; and
2. That they are able to make changes to it, even at this late stage.
Maybe they can still change the gradient silver blob on the playfield to a proper throne graphic on the premium and LE.

Very cool indeed!

#3080 8 years ago

I asked on Facebook if the throne will really just hang off the plastic like that. They confirmed yes. I mean ... it's nice that they're trying to respond to feedback, but that's pretty half-assed. Anyone trying to sell an aftermarket mod that looked like that would be laughed at.

I assume that the playfields are all printed and clearcoated and curing already, so it's too late to change anything there. But since the art on the back plastic is apparently changeable it's too bad they couldn't make the plastic the throne is on actually fit it.

#3081 8 years ago

I applaud Stern for putting the throne back into the Pro. That was a glaring omission.

#3082 8 years ago

jj.jpgjj.jpg

#3083 8 years ago

I'd rather see a company own up to it's mistakes then hide them under a rug. The overall art on the cabinet and playfield still sucks but at least they added a throne and yes the background with the throne is much better than a huge White walker starring at you.

#3084 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Jarred:"we have a bunch of complaints about the shitty pro, what should we do?"
Gary:"Stick the chair in the game in some spot randomly and not have it interact with the ball"

Give them credit, they are doing something to address customer concerns. As for the ball interaction, if you want that, buy the Premium or LE. Their $4800.00 pins are still light years ahead of everyone else's $4800.00 pins.

#3085 8 years ago

I think i actually like the white walker back art over the throne room. Although they probably did that cause how out of place the new throne toy would look next to white walkers. I wonder if they would be able to fit the throne over the pops between the ramps kind of where it is on the LE. thats where i pictured it in my head it should have been this whole time.

#3086 8 years ago

Now Stern can raise the price on the Pro

#3087 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I wonder if they would be able to fit the throne over the pops between the ramps kind of where it is on the LE. thats where i pictured it in my head it should have been this whole time.

That would make the hole on the left look twice as empty.

#3088 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think i actually like the white walker back art over the throne room. Although they probably did that cause how out of place the new throne toy would look next to white walkers. I wonder if they would be able to fit the throne over the pops between the ramps kind of where it is on the LE. thats where i pictured it in my head it should have been this whole time.

That new throne looks ridiculous. And yes, they've now removed the best art on the Pro.

#3089 8 years ago

finally, it makes more sense to have a throne in game of thrones.

if i ever get a pro i'd move that thrones to a better place and they didn't have to change the artwork in the back

#3090 8 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

besides the Throne its interesting that the background is changed from the white walker to the trone background. maybe more changed will be made.

That original White Walker backboard art was too barren. It is a shame they could not fit him in with a background that was a just a little more busy rather than nuking him. Hopefully the throne looks better in person. It looks out of place in the render.

#3091 8 years ago

Well, there's doing it the right way, and there's doing it this way. Really like that they listen, but it's really ridiculous hot gluing a throne from a previous mold that doesn't fit.

#3092 8 years ago

Throne room BG with the throne looks WAY better. Will have to see how it interacts with that flasher (if at all).

Plenty of opportunity for some great lighting mods in and around the throne.

#3093 8 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

That new throne looks ridiculous. And yes, they've now removed the best art on the Pro.

By adding the throne they had to change the background or else you would have had a huge white walker starring at an empty throne. I hear you...it's not ideal but they are in damage control. The warning signals should have been clear before even releasing this art package...oh well....

#3094 8 years ago

That's just a photoshop, guys. I'm sure the final will look even worse, don't worry.

#3095 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Now Stern can raise the price on the Pro

\

12k by xmas?

#3096 8 years ago

This is literally the dumbest thing Stern has ever done (well besides approving the GoT layout/toys/art in the first place).

#3097 8 years ago

I think Stern took the opportunity of a life time and flushed it down the toilet. This thing could have been a gold mine. You can't blame Steve Ritchie on this one. You have to blame whoever is at the top at Stern and whoever approved / rejected the artwork on HBO's side.

#3098 8 years ago
Quoted from clg:

\
12k by xmas?

I will take the AFM or MB for that price instead of a GoT pro
Crazy how our prices work on this side of the world, AFM or MB will get you a GoTle in USA

#3099 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I will take the AFM or MB for that price instead of a GoT pro
Crazy how our prices work on this side of the world, AFM or MB will get you a GoTle in USA

No kidding! At least they are making it easy for us to say no between the price and design.

#3100 8 years ago

I mean.. this is something that could have been fixed with a $20 mod anyway, so while I appreciate the gesture, it's not going to do anything to close the gameplay gap.

I'm still excited to give this machine a play. I'm hoping that Stern plans to bring the Pro and Pre/LE to Expo. Historically, I don't believe I've seen a Premium/LE there (outside of the tournament).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.