image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 114.
#2651 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

After I got out of work, I took a quick stab at what would have made me excited for the GoT cabinet. Obviously it's not going to appeal to everyone, and I'm sure lots of people are going to prefer Stern's effort compared to mine, but according to Stern's Facebook rep they spent months nailing down their look whereas I gave myself a handful of hours. And everyone's tastes are different of course. Not everyone wants a black cabinet, but I've owned TZ, TAF, HS2, RFM, and SC, and I'm a little fond of them. It won't offend me if you don't like it.
I'm going to try the playfield next, but I can't promise to finish that. Huge project.
cab.jpg
For the translite, I imagine it having a mirrored backing, so where you see the flourishes around the logo, and the logo itself, would be reflective. The character montage is missing some key players, like a Baratheon, a Tyrell, etc. I just took what I could quickly find on Google that fit the brooding look I wanted. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a montage of characters on backglasses as long as they are well composited and interesting looking. Like I said in another post, the way the actual translite is setup reminds me of a medieval group photo shoot at a Sears.
The gold T-molding is replaced with mirrored T-molding. Instead of another character montage on the side of the cabinet, I just went with the house motto and sigil. I imagine the opposite side would be House Lannister since the LE model is Targaryen themed. Kept the front of the cab simple. Instead of two random characters, I just have the logo and some flourishes.

Thats pretty badass, Id be a buyer on that cab art for sure.

edit---I saw the pic before reading the post, immediately hoped it was the premium.

#2652 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

I took a quick stab at what would have made me excited for the GoT cabinet.

Great stuff. What continues to be so sad is that so many people can come up with passable alternatives in hours. What the hell went wrong????????????

#2653 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Little known fact: it was the art on a Stern game that created Batman.

Striker Extreme?

#2654 8 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

This is a game (might of been said already, maybe not? lol) that is a cross between Medievil Madness and Lord of the Rings..

Or D&D mixed with Swords of fury...using rules from Dr. Who & ....some other thing I forgot cause of the booze

#2655 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

After I got out of work, I took a quick stab at what would have made me excited for the GoT cabinet. Obviously it's not going to appeal to everyone, and I'm sure lots of people are going to prefer Stern's effort compared to mine, but according to Stern's Facebook rep they spent months nailing down their look whereas I gave myself a handful of hours. And everyone's tastes are different of course. Not everyone wants a black cabinet, but I've owned TZ, TAF, HS2, RFM, and SC, and I'm a little fond of them. It won't offend me if you don't like it.
I'm going to try the playfield next, but I can't promise to finish that. Huge project.
cab.jpg
For the translite, I imagine it having a mirrored backing, so where you see the flourishes around the logo, and the logo itself, would be reflective. The character montage is missing some key players, like a Baratheon, a Tyrell, etc. I just took what I could quickly find on Google that fit the brooding look I wanted. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a montage of characters on backglasses as long as they are well composited and interesting looking. Like I said in another post, the way the actual translite is setup reminds me of a medieval group photo shoot at a Sears.
The gold T-molding is replaced with mirrored T-molding. Instead of another character montage on the side of the cabinet, I just went with the house motto and sigil. I imagine the opposite side would be House Lannister since the LE model is Targaryen themed. Kept the front of the cab simple. Instead of two random characters, I just have the logo and some flourishes.

Cabinet is awesome
The Game of Thrones on the Translite doesn't look right there
Imo

#2656 8 years ago
Quoted from laprocket:

Solid effort but get rid of the HBO logo on the back glass

And the wee-man while at it. Jon Snow, Ygritte, the wildling giant and white walkers please.

Quoted from XXVII:

It won't offend me if you don't like it.

You will only learn from taking criticism. It's a skill to turn both constructive and subjective criticism into something that won't kill your ego. That said, quotes on the cab is a no go. "Winter is coming" is fine because that is what we all expected. The backbox sides are simply awesome and reminds me of the TZ backbox. Having a true mirrored backglass on this sucker would be absolutely awesome with your design.

#2657 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

cab.jpg

That looks bad ass. I would start saving money if you could ale the pf look just as good

#2658 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

cab.jpg

That looks bad ass. I would start saving money if you could ale the pf look just as good

#2659 8 years ago
Quoted from dri:

You will only learn from taking criticism. It's a skill to turn both constructive and subjective criticism into something that won't kill your ego.

Yup. Comes with being a graphic designer. Have to get used to people shitting on your work. Sometimes you make something that's a hit, and sometimes everyone smashes it, but you learn from it either way and have a better idea what people want for next time. First few times you have to trash your work and start over is pretty disheartening, but it's a process and you grow to accept it.

Quoted from dri:

That said, quotes on the cab is a no go. "Winter is coming" is fine because that is what we all expected.

Yeah, unfortunately the throne graphic didn't span the entire height, and I wanted to finish it tonight, so I decided to just shift the graphic up and fill in the space with a relevant quote. I'd be interested in hearing anyone's ideas for how to better utilize that space. I ran out of ideas.

#2660 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

cab.jpg

#2661 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

What? A mini sword in addition to the big sword? That would be a complete mess scale-wise and ruin the sword-ramp effect.
Kinda like the guys mounting a small clock on the target right next to the big original clock on TZ...

It's simply "needle"...perfectly proportioned...

#2662 8 years ago

Sorry, I did not mean to post 3 times.

#2663 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Sorry, I did not mean to post 3 times.

Karma whore!

#2664 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Cabinet is awesome
The Game of Thrones on the Translite doesn't look right there
Imo

I think the issue with it is I have it separated kind of in a JJP style where there's a short marquee at the top and a big area for the LCD screen just below that. I was really hoping for an LCD in GoT I think I carried that thought into the translite.

#2666 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

I think the issue with it is I have it separated kind of in a JJP style where there's a short marquee at the top and a big area for the LCD screen just below that. I was really hoping for an LCD in GoT I think I carried that thought into the translite.

That would have looked good

#2668 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What he said. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#2669 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

Yeah, unfortunately the throne graphic didn't span the entire height, and I wanted to finish it tonight, so I decided to just shift the graphic up and fill in the space with a relevant quote. I'd be interested in hearing anyone's ideas for how to better utilize that space. I ran out of ideas.

Perhaps a dragon breathing fire behind the throne? Helps break up the image and provides some contrast. It also gives the Targaryan's some representation on the cab.

b2c40d7b-0a68-4954-881b-eda994a55427.jpgb2c40d7b-0a68-4954-881b-eda994a55427.jpg

Just for reference. I know it's not the best image.

#2670 8 years ago

Now take that cab and put chrome legs, coin door and lockdown bar on it and you got yourself an LE worthy of a royal lineage.

#2671 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Now take that cab and put chrome legs, coin door and lockdown bar on it and you got yourself an LE worthy of a royal lineage.

Ha! I liked the whole blackout look of it

edit----Gotta change the leg levelers to black ones

#2672 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ha! I liked the whole blackout look of it

That looks good too but you want to simulate a little steel to pay homage to the blade.

#2673 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

That looks good too but you want to simulate a little steel to pay homage to the blade.

Topper!!!!!!

ballsinyourmouthballsinyourmouth

#2674 8 years ago

Artwork aside, what's interesting is Stern's LE choice (with HBO consent or request) to choose Daeneris, her dragons and suite rather than The North (Stark, the Wall, Wildlings, white walkers, The Watch...).

Correct me if I am wrong, but the second theme would
- fit the saga better
- be more appealing to many. Daeneris may be a lovely Queen, but the North seems the place to be.

In other words, I would have swapped LE and premium themes.

#2675 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

The North (Stark

Screw them, they all dead.....

WTF happened to the kid with the telepathic abilities, haven't seen him in a while

#2676 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Topper!!!!!!
UC889711lg.jpg

I was thinking a dragon ala Judge Dredd eagle topper myslef.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2677 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

WTF happened to the kid with the telepathic abilities, haven't seen him in a while

Bran. Still here. As a few Starks, Crows, Wildlings and too many White walkers...

#2678 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

cab.jpg

If that's what the Premium looked like.I am all in!

#2679 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Bran. Still here. As a few Starks, Crows, Wildlings and too many White walkers...

Fingers crossed for a Gendry premium.

#2680 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Artwork aside, what's interesting is Stern's LE choice (with HBO consent or request) to choose Daeneris, her dragons and suite rather than The North (Stark, the Wall, Wildlings, white walkers, The Watch...).
Correct me if I am wrong, but the second theme would
- fit the saga better
- be more appealing to many. Daeneris may be a lovely Queen, but the North seems the place to be.
In other words, I would have swapped LE and premium themes.

I agree. Also, if the game is to be all about the various Houses fighting with each other, Daenerys is the least relevant to have prominently displayed on the cabinet. Most the other Houses are pretty close to each other, battling one another, and Daenerys is all by herself practically on the other side of the world. As far as I can remember the end of this last season was the first time another main character has interacted with her face-to-face.

#2681 8 years ago

So... After all this... My Birthday is coming up soon. So I thought I should treat myself to one of them digital picture frames for my arcade...

STERN.gifSTERN.gif

#2682 8 years ago

With XXVII Blessing!
I put his design of GOT on Steve Ritchie's facebook page.
In hopes HBO takes notice and salvages the Premium.
So,Go and hit it hard before it gets taking down.
Like it!
Comment on it!
Express yourself!
There might be hope!
I posted it while Steve Ritchie sleeps.So,Pinsiders can hit it hard before he wakes up and HBO makes him take it down.

#2683 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

With XXVII Blessing!
I put his design of GOT on SR's facebook page.
In hopes HBO takes notice and salvages the Premium.
So,Go and hit it hard before it gets taking down.
Like it!
Comment on it!
Express yourself!
There might be hope!
I posted it while SR sleeps.So,Pinsiders can hit it hard before he wakes up and HBO makes him take it down.

I would but Im perm banned, really cant figure out why? Im a pretty easy going fella.

#2684 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I would but Im perm banned, really cant figure out why? Im a pretty easy going fella.

Can someone who isn't banned on Sterns facebook and youtube post the gif I posted above lol.... Cuz they banned me....

#2685 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

I agree. Also, if the game is to be all about the various Houses fighting with each other, Daenerys is the least relevant to have prominently displayed on the cabinet. Most the other Houses are pretty close to each other, battling one another, and Daenerys is all by herself practically on the other side of the world. As far as I can remember the end of this last season was the first time another main character has interacted with her face-to-face.

I imagine that will change soon...maybe some foreshadowing...like the Dragon on the castle?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2686 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Can someone who isn't banned on Sterns facebook and youtube post the gif I posted above lol.... Cuz they banned me....

I put it up on Steve's page.Not sterns.
Are you banned from both?
Hell,I might be too come morning!
But it will be worth it.If it effects the outcome of the Premium cab.

#2687 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

Yup. Comes with being a graphic designer. Have to get used to people shitting on your work. Sometimes you make something that's a hit, and sometimes everyone smashes it, but you learn from it either way and have a better idea what people want for next time. First few times you have to trash your work and start over is pretty disheartening, but it's a process and you grow to accept it.

I vote Boobs. This is Game of Boobs, err thrones after all

#2688 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

Daenerys is the least relevant to have prominently displayed on the cabinet.

Or one may argue she will be a predominant - the predominant - character for next season.
HBO might have pushed Stern in that direction.
Daenerys may be the next one sitting on the Iron Throne, for all I know (and she's a Queen I would not mind serving).

#2689 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I put it up on Steve's page.Not sterns.
Are you banned from both?
Hell,I might be too come morning!
But it will be worth it.If it effects the outcome of the Premium cab.

My beef is not with SR... Its with Stern...

#2690 8 years ago

Be careful what you wish for. People saying that the main character should be the backglass.

Ever thought that the main person is actually Varys? He's the one who has manipulated Danny and everything in Kings Landing from the start

Possibly the only image they could use that would actually be worse than the LE one, so I'm guessing Stern will probably go for that.....

#2691 8 years ago

I wouldn't bother steve. why aggravate the guy for sterns cost cutting.

#2692 8 years ago

Everybody can draw 1000 backglasses or cabinets.
There is alway's someone that likes it or don"t.

Its simple........ we want lotr style graphics.
Thats all. Nothing more nothing less.

Gameplay looks lighting fast.
Software is better than other first release's because Steve will look after it.
If Gary Stern pull his nose in the air.... well we have to live with it.

#2693 8 years ago

In the near future you can choose between 2 playfield graphics designs.
Watch my words, it take some jears but there will be a manufacture in the future that wil let you choose.
Because home customers have money to spend.
Its all about the money.

#2694 8 years ago

I vote for you, too.

Quoted from centerflank:

He's still around. They just cut him out of this season because Hodor is the most exciting part of his storyline.

#2695 8 years ago

I usually fast forward through all the Hodor crap. Too boring.

#2696 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

That cabinet design is classy. Art is is always subjective, but I think something like this would have fit the feel of the show so much better than what we've seen so far.

#2697 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

cab.jpg

This is what makes Stern and their artists look bad. Our Pinside community does it better than the professionals they hire and in a fraction of the time. I love this design.

#2698 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

He's taking a siesta, under a tree....

#2699 8 years ago

LOTR was stock photos of actors Photoshopped into a backglass as well (with some painted over) They too were mostly standing around. It was done the same way, just looked a lot better.

The irony is Stern defends the GOT look, yet is heavily rumored to re-release Spider-Man with comic book art as the main selling point?

#2700 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

This is what makes Stern and their artists look bad. Our Pinside community does it better than the professionals they hire and in a fraction of the time. I love this design.

I was going to post the same thing. The graphics guys throw out much better results without any real effort. Maybe they did have similar designs that were shot down by license approval. Maybe Stern just intentionally aims low to get quick approval and save money having to redo art over and over. I just don't get it. Someone at Stern should be able to see what looks bad or good.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Highland, UT
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.