image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 114.
#1951 8 years ago

Regarding the missing inserts... You can read on the close up pics. They removed a castle one and then replaced with the two from right orbit. Prob b/c a diverter is missing so right orbit only goes around now.

#1952 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Since the "choose your battle" insert is not on the pro, one would have to assume it has something to do with the upper castle playfield.

Its still there. Different color in the promo stuff for some reason.

The Castle Black insert is missing however.

#1955 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Anyone else notice that the LE has three extra game feature inserts on the main Playfield that are just covered by weird shadows on the Pro?
image.jpg

This type of "spot of the differences " reminds of the bar table top game where u have 30 sec to pick out 6 differences in the 2 pics

#1956 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

This type of "spot of the differences " reminds of the bar table top game where u have 30 sec to pick out 6 differences in the 2 pics

LOL, I get it, we are supposed to Spot The Difference between all your 3 posts? Cant see any.

#1957 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

You got 4 kingdoms fighting over who is castle black, but nobody backs down. So I pick. You're castle pink.

#1958 8 years ago

The three arrow ones?
449104.jpg
I think it's shots moved around from the pro, and I'm assuming the Castle Black shot isn't available on the pro:
449096.jpg

You got one of the three. The other two are on the far right orbit

#1959 8 years ago

Now that I've seen all of season 1, here is my review:

- Now I see why Ned is nowhere to be found, but a little confused why the Drago guy is on the LE back glass.
- First few episodes were difficult to watch, but now that they found their footing, the show is taking off.
- Midget character is the best one on the show. Really should've had him do the custom speech for the machine.

Negatives:
- Men's junk...enough, please no more. I cringe every time that pops up on the screen. My least favorite place to be is a cruise ship, because it is a floating fortress of germs, festering the next black plague. My 2nd least favorite place to be is my gym locker room due to all the guys in there who just swing freely.

On a side note, there really needs to be a co-ed locker room at the gym where everyone remains clothed.

#1960 8 years ago

You got one of the three. The other two are on the far right orbit

The far right orbit arrows on the LE are mystery and extra ball no? Those are missing on the pro on that shot, but they exist on the left-of-center shot.

The three weird arrows I see on the LE overhead shot turn out to be Mystery, EB, and Choose your Battle. They all exist on the Pro but the first two are moved, and the third one is a different color. The Castle Black insert is the only one I don't see moved - it's not present on the pro

If there are other inserts I'm not seeing I'm clearly not dedicating enough to the 'spot the differences' game

#1961 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Midget character is the best one on the show.

Agreed 100%

Really should've had him do the custom speech for the machine

Erm.... maybe not... ask anyone who has played Destiny...

http://kotaku.com/peter-dinklage-s-destiny-performance-is-not-great-1591460157

http://kotaku.com/nolan-north-is-way-better-than-peter-dinklage-in-destin-1729406769

#1962 8 years ago

The far right orbit arrows on the LE are mystery and extra ball no? Those are missing on the pro on that shot, but they exist on the left-of-center shot.

I counted five of those arrow inserts on the pro and six on the LE. Do you know which insert is missing on the pro?

#1963 8 years ago

I counted five of those arrow inserts on the pro and six on the LE. Do you know which insert is missing on the pro?

Castle Black I think

#1964 8 years ago

I see that now, the row of inserts with "Castle Black" has been moved upward in the pro with the removal of the castle, and "Castle Black" is replaced with "Extra Ball" and "Mystery". Does this mean one of the 3 dragons is attacking Castle Black? Where are the other two? If it's not a future spoiler it's just one more example that the game is completely disconnected from the story.

gotinserts.pnggotinserts.png

#1965 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Now that I've seen all of season 1, here is my review:
- Now I see why Ned is nowhere to be found, but a little confused why the Drago guy is on the LE back glass.

My thought as well... a true to the series pinball machine would be latching on to the more enduring characters, not ones with an early death and little relevance on the future.

#1966 8 years ago

Game looks fun.

Pro and LE don't look like the same game at all.

Art is a disapointment and let down to the game itself : choose your house but besides house of Stark and Lanister for the Pro and Taggarian for the LE the other house don't even deserve a single picture to represent them. Let's be realistic these are the house everyone will choose and the most powerfull but still would have love ( while at it photoshoping) if they would have include all the houses.

John Snow ???

Even Tyrion is not there enough while drogo is a waste of ink. While at it Ned had his place way more than him.

The Hound seems to be the Karl Urban of this one. So like walking dead I'm expecting no dialog or callouts from the actors.

So besides callouts, artwork, music we don't know what else than the original theme but the are saying more tracks from the show........these are minor, game still looks very fun and love the Theme, toys and possible shots with a fast flow (it looks and feel fast). Premium with the white walkers package would sure be the way to go.

Main concern : we have Steve but no Lyman and that is a big question mark as code support is the one thing we keep crying about.

I want one

#1967 8 years ago

It's too bad that they didn't make the current LE/Premium into a Pro, then have a more fancy castle with a nicer looking upper and lower playfield, better cabinet art, fancy painted legs, etc. on a LE/Premium. I think that's pretty much what everyone was looking for. That's what I was looking for, anyway. It's a shame.
I really dislike the fact that the actual layouts between a Pro and LE/Premium playfield differ so much. I personally think the Pro and LE/Premium playfields should be designed exactly the same and only have aesthetically pleasing differences. They shouldn't play differently, I think that's very wrong.
I didn't have high expectations for the cabinet artwork or translite. I own a Star Trek Pro and I think it's cabinet and translite are awful. I changed out the translite and just deal with the way cabinet looks. Even without high expectations, I really thought they'd do a better job than they did with GOT. I'm sure someone will come up with a nice alternative translite. The Pro cabinet, IMHO, is terrible. The LE is alright, I just don't like the sides of the backbox.
Anyway, what's done is done. I could go on and on about ways that I would improve the design, but there'd really be no point.
If I had the money/income, despite it's looks, I'd probably buy the Premium because it does look like it could be a fun game to play. However, I can only afford/justify a Pro once a year at most. This Pro, sadly, is one I was looking forward to as my second pin, but I will have to pass on this offering and wait for something else. In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy playing my Star Trek Pro.
Hopefully, on my next trip to Vegas, the Pinball Hall of Fame will have a GOT that I can play. I'm sure it (the LE/Premium) will be a fun pin to play, it's just not much of a looker is all.
*Edit: I just wanted to add that I look forward to seeing the light show on the LE/Premium. I'm thinking that it will be very nice!

#1968 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

- Midget character is the best one on the show. Really should've had him do the custom speech for the machine.

He was the voice of the computer AI in the new smash hit video game Destiny. His work was pulled from the game and replaced by a generic actor due to his performance being so horrible and fans' violent reaction. Probably the actor with the worst reputation in gaming voice work right now.

#1969 8 years ago

How the hell do you know how the gameplay and audio are? When did you play it?

I haven't, and I didn't say that I have, but those are two of the four things that I look for in a game.

#1970 8 years ago

I disagree with most.

Looks pretty good to me. The most glaring omission being the wall.
I am sure that the lighting will salvage the simple play field like it does in Star Trek. I think the sound and go will probably be pretty good on this machine as well.

I have to say I really like the design of the play field. Looks pretty interesting. I love the upper play field and the bash wall ala the dude. The ramps and the throne are cool.

Think it will be very cool. Is it a Hobbit killer? No way, but it's an original table for sure.
Am I sad when I think about the cool stuff they could have done and didn't for profits sake?? Yes, but I have a feeling that this will be a very fun machine.

#1971 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

- Midget character is the best one on the show.

Please don't call them midgets, they find it extremely insulting and demeaning. They prefer to be called little people or dwarfs.

#1972 8 years ago

Usually on the slingshot slings this is where the pictures of the chicks are. Not gears. Also tron and x-men have chicks on the side of the backbox.

So many chicks in GoT with a theme very open on sexuality.

Shame ! Shame ! Shame !

Oh well maybe lord baylish will have his own : little finger bordelo multiball.

If not I shall sastify my urges looking at the hound, bryan of Tar, or if lucky Dario and kalessi's right hand on the LE hahahaha

#1973 8 years ago

I don't see why people bitch. It's not like they have to buy it.

#1974 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Plenty of people *wanted* to buy it if it was ever produced, and they had preconceived notions of how awesome/epic it would be. Aaaand...expectations have not met reality so far.

#1975 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

First world problems.

#1976 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think it's more like disappointment. So many people wanted this to be so epic. Maybe it could never have met expectations that were set so high.

#1977 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I think it's more like disappointment. So many people wanted this to be so epic. Maybe it could never have met expectations that were set so high.

Epic art or epic gameplay and code?

#1978 8 years ago

Here's my quick attempt at how I think it should have looked:

(I couldn't find the perfect image for the translite, so I kept it simple. But I feel this style of art would have looked amazing.)

le-1-leftjpg-9f7b85_765w1.jpgle-1-leftjpg-9f7b85_765w1.jpg

#1979 8 years ago

On a positive note I have to say the layout has me intrigued. Definitely want to play it with an open mind. I'm hoping the upper PF can be lit from below the majority of it so they can relay some intensity when the dragon is reigning down fire.

#1980 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's my main worry right now...did Stern get the rights to leverage the original character audio from the show? Yes Stern got one of the actors, Rory McCann as "The Hound" which seems like an odd (and probably cheaper) choice, to do custom callouts. However, the feature matrix doesn't mention other character show audio and we know how Stern loves to mention even the most minor of things ("no buzz" quiet flippers...really?) in their feature matrix's so it would be pretty big thing to leave it out. Sure there's characters represented on the cabinet but TWD has the same thing and like TWD no show characters are mentioned on the playfield...

This is my main concern now as well.

The art ship has sailed, so I'm 99% out on the LE unless the light show and dots are basically the best of all-time. The LE is about paying for bling, and this is lipstick on a pig territory. Not worth $1,200 extra. That's craziness.

So that leaves the Premium, and if there's no audio from the show I'm 100% out.

#1981 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Got me thinking about ordering TWD or KISS now. I guess Stern wins either way.

Yep, same here. Cross off GoT for now and then try and decide what else to buy in the future...LOTR, KISS, TWD, WoZ or Iron Man.

#1982 8 years ago

Grifter that looks so much better!

#1983 8 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

The random collage of 3D-rendered bricks/photographs of fire/thick-stroked cartoony inserts, etc seems like a first-pass blocking layout. It's at least 3-4 revisions behind where it should to be.
And there was some borrowing going on (left is GoT upper PF, right is MM slingshot).

Screen_Shot_2015-09-08_at_12.39.55_PM.png

Stern wrote on their Facebook page a plausible explanation:

shame on us? Surely you are joking? You know what you are posting about right?

Greg Feres, the artist on Game of Thrones, was also the artist on Medieval Madness back in the 90's. It is a common pinball Easter egg for designers and artists to incorporate elements of their past work into new games as hidden messages to players.

Greg drew the "original" archer... and the new one too! Their pose is deliberate... to pay homage to one of the best pinball machines ever made!

If you look on the plastics and playfield artwork on machines across the decades, you will find that many characters "jumped games" and showed up around other titles.

This is not a lack of commitment Eric, this is proof of passion for the history and heritage of our industry.

#1984 8 years ago

^^^^
Except there are two parts to an homage, choice of material and execution. It has to be done delicately and on a worthy underlying asset. Neither is the case here.

#1985 8 years ago
#1986 8 years ago

I must say, I was very excited when I heard the announcement, before the art work was released.
I kept imagining all the possibilities, all the key characters and moments they could include!

The red wedding, the purple wedding, the mountain vs the viper fight, Arya and the hound, Arya and the faceless men, The Red Priestess, The battle of Blackwater, The siege of castle black, the wall and the giants and widlings, the white walkers, Hodor! - wow so many things to fit into a playfield!!! How will they do it?

And we get - a plastic dragon, a plastic castle and a lot of LEDs.

Guess I wait til Iron Maiden gets made now

#1987 8 years ago
Quoted from WideWorldImports:

I agree.
However I do not like what he is doing.

I like people that really say what they think.
Because thats the truth.

#1988 8 years ago

I have never seen the show so can't say it is a must for me and can understand the use of some gears given the time setting but just seems like it is almost going steampunk as a little too many gears.

There are some elements that are cool and some that are terrible:
-nice that stern provided 3d renders of the game which are nice quality but the game components will never look this so doubt the finished product will match these images.
- I like the sword idea for stopping the ball and letting just one ball at a time through from the ball lock (I think) - can see the sword getting some realistic mod upgrades
- the shield inserts are cool, and new for this game which is nice and original but the playfield looks a little over powered by them all - almost out of proportion or unbalanced.
- the super jackpot / wildfire log looks like a similar Dutch Pinball rug idea concept idea.
- the pro is radically different and looks too bland and empty in the back lhs corner - wonder if some one would contemplate a mini-playfield mode for the pro. Someone could get a le and pro and compare and could possibly do well in a $1000 kit to bolt in??? to add features like a le....
- in a way it is better without characters on the playfield to make it a little more appealing in the future but the trans and cabinet art on the pro especially is crap.

#1989 8 years ago
Quoted from grifter:

(I couldn't find the perfect image for the translite, so I kept it simple. But I feel this style of art would have looked amazing.)
le-1-leftjpg-9f7b85_765w1.jpg

I see some real good market for modding and new decals on this machine. You can go wild!

#1990 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Thats what it takes to respond to the 7-yr-old-ish comments folks are frantically trying to post on their FB site.... Then feigning surprise ar their deletion.

I was making a funny. That was from TBL.

#1991 8 years ago

In Europe LE version for 9250,- and available end of October.

#1992 8 years ago

What I really don't get is that the p/f art could have been done from the opening credits of the series. I am not an artist but it's kind of already been done and would have looked so much better.

GOT.jpgGOT.jpg

865fdeed7.png865fdeed7.png

2bb80d992d62f047a2d3b6744d5e1811.jpg2bb80d992d62f047a2d3b6744d5e1811.jpg

got_credits-620x412.jpggot_credits-620x412.jpg

#1993 8 years ago

I still prefer NF to this reboot!

#1994 8 years ago

Don't look at visuals from the show, it will only disappoint you. Man they fucked up. So confusing as the source material was right fucking there!!!!

#1995 8 years ago

What is with that shadow? Is it random? Looks like a witch on a broomstick. Homage to WOZ?

#1996 8 years ago
Quoted from grifter:

le-1-leftjpg-9f7b85_765w1.jpg

A translite and cab is at least fairly easy to mod, a playfield however is a PITA.

Would love to see a playfield swap done one day from someone though, you would have the best GoT on the planet.

#1997 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Stern wrote on their Facebook page a plausible explanation:
shame on us? Surely you are joking? You know what you are posting about right?

Did the guy know this "trivia" before it was pointed out here? I doubt it after the Williams comment I read here.

#1998 8 years ago

LE armor should read fire and ice. Wtf is the fire and blood reference.

At the end of season 5 dayanaries is surrounded by the dothraki so even though khal drogo is dead there might be further reference to his character.

Flying dragon= bouncing aliens (like AFM)
Fire breathing dragon = lights under the fire decals?

#1999 8 years ago

I know most of us here aren't in love with the art, and I showed the game to the wife expecting the same "meh" response I had to it (although I really like a lot of the elements of the LE playfield). Instead, she loved the LE all the way around. I'm just glad I only have room for 1 more game and that space is being saved for Rob Zombie or I'd be out $8500.
So I think the "average joe" GOT fans might think it's cool. Her friends at work already asked if she's getting one, which didn't happen with TWD, so that says something I guess as far as non-pinheads go.

If the Premium cab art looks decent enough (that kind of trivial stuff matters to me) or there are still LE's available down the line maybe we'll pick one up, but for now I'm using my veto power and making her wait.

I suspect Mezel is already at work on an upgrade for the castle walls, since he's now working with Stern perhaps this was the plan all along, go cheap and offer walls ala WOZ as an upgrade for $150.
I'm sure the Topper will look great, but be $400.

#2000 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

LE armor should read fire and ice. Wtf is the fire and blood reference.

Fire breathing dragon = lights under the fire decals?

Fire breathing is the red LED in its mouth.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.