image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 114.
#1751 8 years ago

Can Daenerys and Drago at least swap outfits in the translite?

#1752 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

drogo died in like episode 4

yep, bad choice on the translite

#1753 8 years ago

They opted to purchase the pro version of the license on this one. Not the premium or LE.

#1754 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Thay dit not warning us because this is te final.

It is the final concept, yes. But not pictures of an actual machine. That's why I said it won't be drastically different, but should hopefully look a little better than the digital mockup.

#1755 8 years ago

Cool layout. Stern really aren't to concerned about a strong artistic looking playfield / cab / backglass though are they. Looks like someone spent a few hours putting together some generic looking people against castle bricks, copy and pasting 15 shield insert shapes on top of the opening scene map and cogs, and hey while we're at it lets at least put the family crest on 7 of the shield inserts, we'll leave the rest blank, pretty dull stuff.

I know TBL and Hobbit are more premium machines but god they look so much better. Is putting together a great art package really that expensive that it should only be expected by the more boutique companies?

#1756 8 years ago

who made the final decision on the translite? stern or hbo, i'm guessing hbo.

#1757 8 years ago

Is it me only who feels the art looks like a show from the 90's ? I hoped for something better or at least similar to TH art which I think its amazing.
oh well.. will have to wait and see how it plays before pass on this completely

#1758 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Here is to hoping they don't shit up the white walker premium art too! They can't go 0-3 right?

the premium is supposed to have the "north Houses" on it

#1759 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

who made the final decision on the translite? stern or hbo, i'm guessing hbo.

As many people have said HBO of course approved it but that doesn't meant Stern couldn't have made a better attempt. I am sure if incorporated some of the aspects of the show people mentioned were missing HBO would approve it as well if it represented their product.

#1760 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Seems we are slowly passing the anger phase and peeking into exploring now...?
Change.jpg
These pin release threads are hilarious!

Beautiful, glad some people find it as hilarious as I do...

#1761 8 years ago

Its the 2015 Medieval Rumble! Which one will you spend your gold on?

royalrumble.jpgroyalrumble.jpg

Should do a poll.

#1762 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

As many people have said HBO of course approved it but that doesn't meant Stern couldn't have made a better attempt. I am sure if incorporated some of the aspects of the show people mention HBO would approve as well if it represented their product.

on the le why not put the mother of dragons and the 3 dragons in the back? or anything else, at least it will look/fit better with the cab.

those 2 characters don't belong there.... bad bad decision stern/hbo.
stern had the chance to make something much much better.

#1763 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

on the le why not put the mother of dragons and the 3 dragons in the back? or anything else, at least it will look/fit better with the cab.
those 2 characters don't belong there.... bad bad decision stern/hbo.

I am not disagreeing and agree the artwork is horrible. I don't understand how people at Stern could honestly look at the art and feel they did a good job. It reminds me of the HBO show Silicon Valley where nobody at Hooli would tell their CEO Gavin that Nucleus sucked even though they all knew it.

#1764 8 years ago
Quoted from WideWorldImports:

the premium is supposed to have the "north Houses" on it

I'm hoping.

#1765 8 years ago

I don't love the image/character choice on the LE, but at least it's hand-drawn art (don't care if it's traced over photos or whatever, it looks hand drawn), and the artists' skill level (or level of investment in the project) is way better than on KISS LE. To my eye the generic playfield is a much bigger disappointment than the backbox and cabinet art.

Hopefully the Premium will have the same decent drawing quality + better subject matter.

#1766 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

this is the image they come up with?
Man nipples and the girl on the right, does she even have a name in the show? She's the equivalent of a 'red shirt' on Star Trek.
449315-i.jpg

She's a pretty big character in the Khallesi's (sp?) world, there was probably nearly an hour dedicated to her in this past season. Did you watch the latest season?

#1767 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

We all know the star of the show is the Imp. Should be the Lannisters or the Starks on the LE (those are the main characters to me).
IMO the Iron Throne or the Imp should be on the back glass.
3441573-impin.jpg

Yeah those are obviously the two biggest houses in the story, at least at the beginning. I'm guessing that's why the Pro is basically Starks vs Lannisters. Theoretically that's the model most people will see in the wild (if pros are for operators).

But this is a Targaryen LE. I'm guessing they did it mostly because of the dragons. I'm not sure I get the hate for the LE art package, actually. Is it just because when people think Game of Thrones, they think "medieval", and not "desert"? Daenerys has been a pretty major part of the show since very early on and the whole point of an LE is that it's different from the standard version.

I do think the Pro translite looks fairly bad, though. I'm curious to see "The North" art on the premium.

#1768 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Its the 2015 Medieval Rumble! Which one will you spend your gold on?

Should do a poll.

You could also buy 10-12 Big Guns for the price of one of these, then you can have a whole medieval party at your house.

#1769 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Jesus. If nothing else, ya gotta like their announcement-to-ship window.

Yep. Doesn't take long to mass produce garbage. But I'm really looking forward to the awesome "dots". I just love the 90s feel. I mean seriously - two years for this dreck? And the LE price points? Give me a friggin' break. I do like the upper playfield though...just not sold on the interactive, um...is that a bat?

#1770 8 years ago

Drago actually lives longer the Neddard Stark, but many have said he should be in the game

just shows you cant please everyone

Plus drago dies technically in ep 10, the ;ast show of the first season. Neddard dies in either 8 or 9

#1771 8 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

"Players can win valuable random awards and features with Reel PopsTM, a fun new software mechanism, by playing the Pop Bumpers and spinning three virtual spinning reels on the display. When three identical symbols line up, the player is awarded the prize shown on the reels. Earn Gold and spend it on needed weapons and features. An Action Button is featured on the front molding for the largest array of interactive play features ever seen in a pinball machine."
Ummm take my money? I read the FB post and was like ok ok they are going to do some crazy stuff in the code… Slot machine… a fricking slot machine… I feel like I waited all weekend to decode something that says drink your ovelteen.

OMG Laughing so hard.....

#1772 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Coming from the king of flow

This game has flow alright...just like a w.....

Edited by Moderator - Way to many reports!!

#1773 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

The upper playfield is small and has 2 flippers, there's no U-turn,

There is a very tight, small u-turn on the upper left

#1774 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

This guy on IGN knows that the playfield is lacking that Stern flavor.
lol.png

While I totally agree that the playfield Art is nothing great at all, they got it partly right by not putting characters faces on it. If they did, people would be complaining that it looks like a LOTR clone.

They should've definitely made the playfield like the map from the intro of the show though. That was a huge drop of the ball.

#1775 8 years ago

Are the regular size flippers too large for the upper PF? Looks like its going to be hard to lose it SDTM from there. Maybe smaller flippers would have been better?

#1776 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Are the regular size flippers too large for the upper PF? Looks like its going to be hard to lose it SDTM from there. Maybe smaller flippers would have been better?

They don't look like full sized flippers. Best pic I can find to compare because I'm lazy. If they are, it looks like they'd be too big. We've had a few hours of pics now Stern, let's see the video

flippers.pngflippers.png

#1777 8 years ago
Quoted from BinGhanem:

Is it me only who feels the art looks like a show from the 90's ?

#1778 8 years ago

In terms of Artwork and overall feel, I think this is what I was expecting:

back_corner.jpgback_corner.jpg

#1779 8 years ago

I doubt it was HBO's fault, the teaser video looked awesome. Where TF is some of that artwork!

Sorry, but if I'm buying a ferrari that's a blast to drive and kicks ass, I still expect it to look good too, wtf, it's a ferrari, I'm not getting the purple and green paint comb package.

For everybody saying the artwork doesn't matter and you don't play it, I'm sorry but it does to me on a $7800 purchase.

Throw in the $400 topper you have to have like TWD topper Stern sold.

Add a shaker motor for a another $125, gotta have that in GOT for crying out loud

Colorize the DMD? Of course, chalk up another $400, I'm surprised Stern is selling those now.

Add another $200 in mods easily, this will surely be the most modded pin ever.

Now you are at $9000 for the LE and about $7700 for the premium......the artwork matters.

Sorry, but an LCD could have helped overcome a whole lot of the ugliness on display.

#1780 8 years ago

The ugly playfield art, castle, mm archer (unbelievable...) will not change with premium version. Crap is crap. With premium version you could just get a better crap.

Still can't believe it's got...

#1781 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Yeah, yeah whatever, Stern-boy. This game has flow alright...just like a woman on her menses.

Always the Pinside asshole.

#1782 8 years ago

And what happened to this?cover.jpgcover.jpg

Maybe on the Premium?

#1783 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And what happened to this?cover.jpg
Maybe on the Premium?

What about it? It's a Facebook cover image.

#1784 8 years ago

I don't think I've seen it mentioned yet, but the Matrix seems like it already describes what to expect from the Premium artwork.
Backglass: "The North" themed Translite Backglass
Decals: cabinet art featuring Key Characters, Castle Black, and Hardhome

The decals are described in the same manner as the Pro - but for King's Landing and Winterfell. Each side represents these areas (Lannister and Stark).

Although it doesn't quite follow the forumula of a specific house, I think it's safe to assume the art style as seen on the Pro will be what you can expect on the Premium, but with different sets of 3 characters and backdrops that represent Castle Black and Hardhome.

In addition, the backglass will most likely combine the sets of 3 characters over an image of the Wall most likely.

Just my 2 cents.

#1785 8 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

Missandei. Given that Jorah and Daario are on the sides of the backbox, who else would you want in a Targaryen LE? Old man Sir Barriston? Thought people had enough of that with AC/DC...

Aegon I and his sisters.

#1786 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

History says LE on display but not playable by the masses.

I think that was just Star Trek last time around.. but I believe pros were the first to ship the last few times around yeah? KISS, ST... can't remember with TWD...

#1787 8 years ago

So my guess for the sets of characters:

Hardhome: Stannis, Red Fire Lady, and Other guy with the beard
Castle Black: Jon MF Snow, Samwell, and other main Night's Watch leader guy

Getting a lot of hate, but the faces on the PRO cabinet are VERY recognizable to anyone who watches the show. In the wild, this cabinet will easily draw the attention of any fan of the series by the art on the cabinet. It's no Metallica side art with style, but it is going to function exactly how it will need to in order to get attention.

#1788 8 years ago

About the slot machine.... I'm finding this feature weird now. For a start, did they have slots in medieval times and how is coding that innovating?

Kingpin has slots, whodunnit, similar things in WPT. Maybe I'm missing something or the point of it... surely there's other ways to gamble.

#1789 8 years ago

Wow. This thing went over like a wet fart.

I retract my statement from last week regarding a thousand Hobbit preorders crying out in terror. Much more likely that they are crying out in joy at this point.

#1790 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think that was just Star Trek last time around.. but I believe pros were the first to ship the last few times around yeah? KISS, ST... can't remember with TWD...

STLE had the issue with the holographic lazer starfield projector not being ready.

#1791 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Last year TWD LE was in the factory that vips got to play (like Pinside Robin).

#1792 8 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

The random collage of 3D-rendered bricks/photographs of fire/thick-stroked cartoony inserts, etc seems like a first-pass blocking layout. It's at least 3-4 revisions behind where it should to be.
And there was some borrowing going on (left is GoT upper PF, right is MM slingshot).

Screen_Shot_2015-09-08_at_12.39.55_PM.png

This just confirmed any doubt of whether it was phoned in or not. This is beyond borrowing. Borrowing is like Gorgar & Boris Vallejo. This is just straight-up theft. Totally lame.

#1793 8 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

People keep making comments like this. That may well end up being what it's like, but the fact is we don't know because these images are fake CG mockups (I assume no production prototype is ready). The castle walls in particular look really bad/fake. It probably won't be drastically different, but I'm holding out hope the real version looks a little better.

While obviously there is compositing going on in those images.. (especially the backglass/cabinet stuff) they aren't completely renders. The images of the mini-PF, and overheads are real photos. The castle walls look bad.. because well when you make a box out of acrylic and just print on the inside.. well that's what you get. No depth or texture. That is the game in the flesh...

#1794 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Last year TWD LE was in the factory that vips got to play (like Pinside Robin).

Ah.. like STLE was. So the pattern has been... 'we haven't finished those extra toys on the LE.. they still need work.. so the game isn't on display'. Remember how secretive they were on the starfield, etc.

#1795 8 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

This just confirmed any doubt of whether it was phoned in or not. This is beyond borrowing. Borrowing is like Gorgar & Boris Vallejo. This is just straight-up theft.

Well, didn't Greg draw it in the first place? I expect it's also just a nod towards MM. Bad idea though tbf.

#1796 8 years ago

Stern should\could really make some moves here...

Run the pro as is now (like always)

Make the current LE package the premium minus the armor (they probably have stuff ordered..if not in house already)

That would free them up some time to re-work the complete art package (including PF) for the LE. It probably wouldn't take much time (pending the approval from HBO). They could shift the 'new' LE build to the end of production where the Premium usually is.

I mean.. it IS possible

#1797 8 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Glad I bought the LE. Stern listened, bring back custom side rails, lighting better than ACDC, and STLE, wire ramps not plastic, new play field design, not the same old cookie cutter design , yet the same 30 people continue to complain as they do with every new release.

Stern "listened"? Highly unlikely...the stuff you mention is because SR prioritizes making the Premium/LE models great.

#1798 8 years ago
Quoted from horseypin:

Well, didn't Greg draw it in the first place? I expect it's also just a nod towards MM. Bad idea though tbf.

Yeah, he's not exactly stealing here, I guess it's sort of an easter egg. Just kind of a strange one. It's especially odd because there's such a weird mis-mash of styles up there. He has these hand drawn archers, that directly reference another company's game, that's being remade in the Stern factory right now. Kinda weird, but he did draw them, so okay. But then the courtyard the archers are overlooking has these weird silhouette figures that don't match the style at all.

It's like, here's some hand drawn stuff, here's some photoshop, here's some clip art of gold coins that I'm going to copy and paste all over, and hope no one notices they're all the same because I'll put little glints on them in different spots. And I'll ice this cake with some Photoshop effects that were hot in 1997, just like the archers I'm borrowing back.

#1799 8 years ago

I actually wonder if Stern sees the archer "borrowed" from MM as an homage? (Serious)

A lot has been beaten to death in one day, very excited to play as there appears to be a ton of variety and the color changers are gonna be sick!

#1800 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

She's a pretty big character in the Khallesi's (sp?) world, there was probably nearly an hour dedicated to her in this past season. Did you watch the latest season?

no, just read the books. I prefer to binge the whole series rather than get it in pieces. I just watched the whole series of Breaking Bad last year.

I read the books she isn't that memorable. There is a breakdown of importance of characters from the TV show need to find it, she's like 76 and Drogo is like 74. http://screencrush.com/game-of-thrones-characters-ranked/

Don't even recall if those two were in the story at the same time.

anyway, I apologies not having seen the show except 2 seasons and mainly I'm a fan from the books.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.