image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 114.
#1551 8 years ago

Kinda in shock with differences between PRO and LE.
First thing that came to mind is,

*Looks similar to Zaccaria, of Bologna, Italy circa 1980's.*

Which isn't that bad.
I think I noticed the left lane plastic from a project video Ritchie was working on awhile back.
Going to wait and play before I pay on this one.

#1552 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I wish it were the case.

Yes, that wishful thinking.

#1553 8 years ago

Game looks awesome. The upper playfield and dragon look bad ass! Can't wait to try it. The layout looks interesting and not certainly not cookie cutter. The only thing that I am not big on is the "Fire and Blood" on the side rails. Other than that, I like the LE artwork. I would like to see the Premium artwork before I pull the trigger on the LE. Might consider buying one of those with some custom side rails. Also, with such a HUGE amount of characters and places in this theme there is no way to include all of our favorites. Hopefully there will be at least references on the DMD or in the sounds to try to tie in everyone!

Some things from the spec sheet:
- "Super Powerful Full Spectrum color-changing RGB LED Floodlights on Upper Playfield". Sounds cool!
- "4 New Drive Concept "No Buzz" Quiet Flippers". Gotta like that.
- "Snap Latch Lockdown bar" on all models. I am in favor of this. Those things are rock solid instead of moving around.
- "Spinning Target with Sync-Flash™ Super Bright Flasher" Once again: can't wait!
- "Stereo Hi-Fidelity sound system with 3 channel amplifier" 2.1 sound - a certain competitor said SPIKE surely isn't 2.1...

#1554 8 years ago

Was the Pro link ever live? It's not as of 2:51 EST

http://sternpinball.com/games/game-of-thrones/pro

#1555 8 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

It was. (but no longer is for me)

#1556 8 years ago
Quoted from DoubleDanger:

So, I just went back and re-read the official press release for GoT, and this sentence stood out to me:
"In addition, the limited-edition model comes with a certificate of authenticity, a numbered plaque, a designer-autographed playfield, a hand-drawn cabinet and backglass artwork by Bob Stevlic."
I have no idea who Bob Stevlic is, but I find it a little odd that he should get called out in this way for art that's being extremely poorly received, while Steve Ritchie doesn't get mentioned by name anywhere? Is there a reason why Stern chose to simply use the term "designer-autographed"? It seems odd that Steve wouldn't want to be recognized, or that Stern wouldn't want to use his involvement as a selling point. I know he may not be as well-known to the general public, but is he any less famous than Bob Stevlic?

I don't know who he is either, but I just went to his website. Judging from pics of his art, this could turn out to be much different looking than the pics that Stern has "revealed". http://www.bobstevlic.com/

#1558 8 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

No way, first the game looks like a JJP game.

Ummmmm, no. It wishes it did though. And so do I

#1559 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I'd venture to say the Premium will have the best art package.
Where's the Throne, where's the white walkers ? It needs some dark evil imagery and some action ! The translite should encompass all 5 current seasons.
I want a kick ass translite like POTC and LOTR. I want an action scene with a mind blowing collage of sensory overload.
The LE translite is not doing it.
image.jpg

According to "the matrix", the Premium will have Castle Black & Hardhome characters.....so Jon Snow, Wildlings & maybe White Walkers.

#1560 8 years ago

The LE was up, and now is not. I though PRO was there as well, but not now. Perhaps they are just updating it with the 'real' images? 2:55 EST

#1561 8 years ago

Surprised there hasn't been more talk about the "Exciting sword fighting display mode". Is that implying that the game will have a video mode?

If so I'm a little annoyed by that. I thought those were long gone.

#1562 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The LE was up, and now is not. I though PRO was there as well, but not now. Perhaps they are just updating it with the 'real' images? 2:55 EST

Yep, looks like the GOT pages were pulled. Interesting...

[edit]: nope, premium and LE pages are still up.

http://sternpinball.com/games/game-of-thrones/limited-edition
http://sternpinball.com/games/game-of-thrones/premium

#1563 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

"Snap Latch Lockdown bar" - all three models. I don't really care, but that's going to cause some bitching I'm sure.

This I don't understand. I much prefer this method.

#1564 8 years ago

Must be one hell of an update. I've been trying to get there the last half hour.
Wonder if someone pushed the panic button...

Quoted from Goronic:

#1565 8 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I sent the images to my wife without a single comment and asked for her opinion. She is a die-hard fan of the show.
One word back: "pass"

I did the same thing and she asked if the pro was finished lol. She said artwork was very boring and asked if the upper play field walls were really cardboard bc thats how they looked.

#1566 8 years ago
Quoted from horseypin:

Is it usual for Stern to put out 3D renders?
Maybe they're testing the water and not in production at all yet.

Yeah, this surprised me too, but I highly doubt anything is changing...

#1567 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wonder if they will sell more of these than Kiss. I also wonder if they sold more Kiss than WWE.

Unknown, Kiss Has done Very well for us and I would expect well for Stern as well.. As for More then WWE Ya I think that's a pretty easy yes! I think GOT will beat Kiss but it will be a battle

JJ

#1569 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

If you're against the dragon, what happens if you're playing House Targaryen?

Not surprised. In TF you pick Autobots then bash Optimus in the nutz.

#1570 8 years ago

Must be one hell of an update. I've been trying to get there the last half hour.
Wonder if someone pushed the panic button...

They are all showing up for me now. 2:00 CST

#1571 8 years ago

i forgot how much fun lens flares are.

#1572 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Not surprised. In TF you pick Autobots then bash Optimus in the nutz.

I just pretend I'm hitting Optimus with energon cubes when I play as an autobot.

#1573 8 years ago

I've never seen the show, but what's up with the gears all over the place? Do they have anything to do with the show?

#1574 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Yeah, this surprised me too, but I highly doubt anything is changing...

If that is the case they would be wise in the future to take all of this FREE feedback. Different story if the playfields are being printed now but we haven't seen a real one yet.

#1575 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Would be a very bad move to possibly ruin an important product launch, just by prematurely putting up some mediocre renderers, because you can't wait a few more hours, till the high-def photographs are ready...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1576 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i forgot how much fun lens flares are.

I forgot Lens Flare was even still in Photoshop. I had to find it to be sure.

#1577 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Thanks for doing this. Hobbit and LOTR capture the look/feel of middle earth. Nothing about GOT reminds me of the show visually. Bummer.

I'm gonna agree with Kaneda here!

Play field could have had a cool artsy map with the different regions.

Yeah so the art doesn't matter to the gameplay but this sucks and looks like a pre expo JJP job of just phoning it in.

Maybe the game play will be great, who knows.

$8200 for a one of 700 LE, I'm not suckered into that for sure.

Maybe a premium, but if you gotta search for things you might like about it it's probably not worth dropping 7-8k on it?

#1578 8 years ago

Huh..
Still nothing here even after a cookie\cache clear.

Oh well...no biggy

Quoted from Nelly:

They are all showing up for me now. 2:00 CST

#1579 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wonder if they will sell more of these than Kiss. I also wonder if they sold more Kiss than WWE.

I have no doubt they sold more Kiss than WWE. Having no interest in both themes, I can say Kiss layout is far better and artwork is cool. I like the retro / Bally hommage. Add to that a stronger/richer fanbase in the US.

#1580 8 years ago
Quoted from Flack:

I've never seen the show, but what's up with the gears all over the place? Do they have anything to do with the show?

They are present in the intro of the show but that's pretty much it. Makes the PF look steampunk more than anything else. But to try and be positive it does seem like a lot is happening on 2 of there models feature wise.

#1581 8 years ago

Well at this point, sound like not too many interested in the Daenerys Targaryen LE even if wanted the LE/Premium version..
Too late to pull the plug on the current LE... after all I'm sure the decals and glass are WAITING for production.
To do like AC/DC would be much better..
or like Metallica and come out with 2 different versions of Premium...
might help cover up the stinky pf artwork...
Hmmm disappointed and likely to pull my LE deposit..

#1582 8 years ago
Quoted from Flack:

Check out the intro of the show:

#1583 8 years ago

I was very skeptical about ST's art package when it was first shown off. Thought the PF in particular was the most amateurish, simple crap id ever seen. While plain, it presents well in person.

I think it's gonna be the same case for GOT. Hopefully it is far more interesting and diverse than ST to play, however.

#1584 8 years ago
Quoted from horseypin:

Is it usual for Stern to put out 3D renders?
Maybe they're testing the water and not in production at all yet.

I don't recall ever seeing them do this. The 3D renders coupled with placeholder art on the LE and no art (!) for the Premium leads me to believe that this reveal was rushed.

Why show horrible placeholder side/translite art if the point of releasing the pictures is to pump everyone up?

It seems impossible that NOBODY in charge at Stern looked at this art package and said "hey...maybe not so much."

#1585 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

But to try and be positive it does seem like a lot is happening on 2 of there models feature wise.

Shouldn't there be "a lot happening" as prices keep going up, at least on the LE?

I expect a lot to begin with for the $$$ we pay.

#1586 8 years ago

The gears are a complete miss though as far as the art style and theme. The intro to the show is kinda like this massive clock with all the little pieces connected. It builds the different areas on the map. Its not just cartoon gears.

#1587 8 years ago

i was a little disappointed when i saw the pictures this morning.
PF art is bad but i guess we gonna have to live with it, the center of the PF is bad, man, those shields....
they entire game needs to look darker and of course... it's a licence thing

Pro is stripped down (and they charge more) no surprise here, got to justify the premium price.
imo the LE cab looks nice, can't say the translate look good, side rails could be a lot better, doesn't justify the price difference.
i think the best art package will be on the premium.

top left mini playfield looks cool, gonna have to see how it plays.
elevator is a vuk?

i was hoping for a nice pro, since outside usa the price is just crazy, maybe a premium if the price is right and the game looks good.

i like steve ritchie for the speed and flow and this is what the pro will offer and that i think is a plus replace/missing the upper PF.
and there will be a lot of space for future mods in that empty area, i can already see a few mods there and other places.

artwork a side, i think there is something for everyone in those 2 versions.

let's see what the premium and gameplay looks like. either way, pro or premium, i'm in for sure!

#1588 8 years ago

Looking at the flipper lane plastics and apron it doesn't look all that bad... I bet the game play will change a few minds.

game-of-thrones-pinball-drain-1.jpggame-of-thrones-pinball-drain-1.jpg

#1589 8 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

Check out the intro of the show: » YouTube video

yeah but there are pretty much zero gears in the show itself. it's weird to have literally hundreds of them all over the playfield.

#1590 8 years ago

Just curious why no one is complaining specifically about Greg Feres. Not trying to bash on Greg, but he is the artist on the game and ultimately, is the one behind many of your that are bitching about the art. Myself, I will be getting an LE, and although I like dragons, my disappointment with the dragon side art is two fold. One, that is looks somewhat similar to the Hobbit Smaug Edition. Which I have a Smaug comming, so im not thrilled about that. Second, Im a fan of different cabinet art on each side, like what the pro has, or even LOTR.

My other complaint im my view is the sid armor on the LE. Its huge with no real lines, it needs something more to it, either lights like star trek LE, or to be straight and then curve around the dragon by the flipper, but to make it a big triangle to fit the cuts by the button just look wrong

#1591 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

But to try and be positive it does seem like a lot is happening on 2 of there models feature wise.

Definitely! I would forget about the art with good game play and polished code.

#1592 8 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

Well, it looks like I'm actually going to have to try watching this show now. Having that context would be nice. Tried the first two episodes a couple years ago and it was so boring, I fell asleep before I could finish them.
Game seems to have a fun layout though and I'm looking forward to finding it out on location somewhere this fall.

It sounds like the gameplay is more like setting and characters not really actual plot lines or scenes. More like pinball in the Westerose setting.

#1593 8 years ago

What's up with the differently-shaped aprons? Just plastic vs. metal?

#1594 8 years ago

I'd like to put my order in now for Mike Chestnut to brass-plate my habitrails.

#1595 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I just pretend I'm hitting Optimus with energon cubes when I play as an autobot.

don't you mean energon spheres?

at least both the pro and LE/premium models have a metal ramp (although it's kind of crappy that they took the cheap route and didn't put the habitrail ramps on both models for all the other ramps. the pro looks like a frankenstein bastardized version, thrown together with spare parts with one plastic ramp, one metal and one habitrail

#1596 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

What's up with the differently-shaped aprons? Just plastic vs. metal?

i was thinking the same thing, did they changed the apron on the pro also?

#1597 8 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Myself, I will be getting an LE, and although I like dragons, my disappointment with the dragon side art is two fold. One, that is looks somewhat similar to the Hobbit Smaug Edition. Which I have a Smaug comming, so im not thrilled about that. Second, Im a fan of different cabinet art on each side, like what the pro has, or even LOTR.
My other complaint im my view is the sid armor on the LE. Its huge with no real lines, it needs something more to it, either lights like Star Trek LE, or to be straight and then curve around the dragon by the flipper, but to make it a big triangle to fit the cuts by the button just look wrong

And you have no complain about the LE backglass?
I think someone is going to sell 700 copies of an alternative backglass for this game.

#1598 8 years ago

banners like this looks better imo instead of those stupid shields.

ilgk_game_of_thrones_banners_grid_embed.jpgilgk_game_of_thrones_banners_grid_embed.jpg

#1599 8 years ago

These 3D drawing make me think (more like wish as I know it is unlikely) they may be doing an electronic release with the physical one. Would be super cool to be able to play the game on ipad before buying!

#1600 8 years ago
Quoted from Flack:

I believe the gears are symbolic of how power shifts from one castle/territory to the next.

I think the plastics and art look fantastic on this representation. And i think a lot of this art package will come together with real pictures and in person like Ritchies past 2 top 10 pins....just saying.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.