image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 114.
#1101 8 years ago

I am still reserving judgement on the pro until I see a game play video. It could be really fun...

#1102 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

"All Game of Thrones pinball models feature an animated interactive dragon that........flies"
Wonder how that's going to work.

If think the dragon can move forward and move it wings, if you look at one of the pics you can see a black metal bar behind the dragon to which it is attached.

#1103 8 years ago

I haven't read this whole thread, but it looks like the pro doesn't have the upper playfield or an iron throne at all? Talk about stripped down...

#1104 8 years ago

*Sighs with slight disappointment*

I think Stern is trying to force home collectors to purchase the premium version. Let's face it. This game will earn well on location because it says Game of Thrones on it, and the casual player will probably never know there were 3 versions of the game made. It's a completely different game without the upper playfield. The "art" is depressing. It's another copy-and-paste photoshop job. The best looking one, again, is the premium, which is no doubt an attempt to sucker the home collector into spending another $1,500 on a game that will ship with incomplete code.

It's a good thing I don't buy NIB games, so the only thing I have to worry about is which version my local arcade/distro picks up.

I'm left underwhelmed by this reveal.

#1105 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That definitely is disappointing, especially because they could have tapped into the train hobby and just used some of their stone walls that people use for dioramas.
They have all kinds of flexible, adhesive backed, stone walls that you can even trim with scissors and x-acto knives. It would have cost about $15 per machine to wrap that castle in simulated stone walls

$15??? How can they make a profit by putting in an extra $15 on a $7k machine?? Economics just wont work. Sorry.

#1106 8 years ago

As lame as the Pro model looks it reminds me of the ST Pro.The ST Pro did have a third flipper and ramp but that's it.This could be one more fast game with little on the playfield like IM and ST

#1107 8 years ago

The pro is a zizzle

#1108 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

As lame as the Pro model looks it reminds me of the ST Pro.The ST Pro did have a third flipper and ramp but that's it.This could be one more fast game with little on the playfield like IM and ST

Yes, like what Jodester said. Will await videos and most importantly, playing the game itself.

#1109 8 years ago

Artwork is as much first impression, as it is getting use to. I am with others though on first impressions.

So I stepped back, looked at all my games, and then back to the LE picture.
Now I am looking at it for a while, minutes go by, and I am seeing the color pattern of lights and LEDs,
and I am Very Impressed.
We dont have any video, and new opinions will form, but in imagining the lighting, the control of the colors, and darkness
will benefit from the light areas in the playfield art. Combined, they work well.

Now, I could be wrong....time will tell, but I think impressions for the game play, sound, and lights, will overwhelm the art.

#1110 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

If you compare the ST Pro and ST LE... esthetically they were close. Same thing with Kiss and TWD....when you looked at all models...they somewhat looked the same.

GOT Pro VS LE does not look the same at all! And that's because they took out the upper PF. Whic then takes out the throne, which then takes out out the Wall...

compare.jpgcompare.jpg

#1111 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So GOT was suppose to dethrone TH

I don't think you can put a game that hasn't been made yet on any sort of throne, well, maybe this one.

il_570xN.629081510_mn1n.jpgil_570xN.629081510_mn1n.jpg

#1112 8 years ago

Am I the only one to find the LE backglass worse than the Pro !?

#1113 8 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Try hitting one of those train walls with a pinball and tell me if you don't end up with a mess in your pinball cabinet. Also the labor cost is really the issue not the parts cost.

I'm pretty sure adhering stickers to a metal frame is the same labor as adhering rubber walls to it.

Also, go to the hobby store, and hold one of the flexible walls in your hand. Come back and let me know why you think that will "end up with a mess in your pinball cabinet".

Hopefully this illustrates it better:

85229_R.jpg85229_R.jpg

#1114 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Yes, like what Jodester said. Will await videos and most importantly, playing the game itself.

You don't belong on pinside. You have to piss and moan and make sure to dislike everything. Your reasonable thinking is not welcome here

#1115 8 years ago

Supposedly the LE art is hand drawn.

#1116 8 years ago

Kind of an ugly cab & backglass. PF looks interesting, although the pro model is just stupid to leave out the upper PF section, and it does look like "The Pin" more than a fully flesh-out machine. Hopefully it ends up being a winner regardless. Glad they didn't plaster it with photoshop. I think they finally get it that integrating photos in PF art sucks. This PF art looks good, although somewhat generic. I'm only disappointed because if a LOTRVE is ever made, it just got pushed back a good year or so as to not cannibalize sales of this game.

#1117 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You don't belong on pinside. You have to piss and moan and make sure to dislike everything. Your reasonable thinking is not welcome here

A lot of the folks not liking this liked a lot of other things.

#1118 8 years ago

This is great for all the high end mod sellers out there. I can't wait to see what the alternate translight/apron/speaker panel guys come up with! Mother of Dragons edition?

#1119 8 years ago

This was always going to be a tough reveal given that expectations were off the charts. You have to grant them that.

#1120 8 years ago

As some have mentioned, that the Mods will fix the Pro, but at the price point, why do we have to spend hundreds more to make the pin look "good". Geez, this is getting crazy.

#1121 8 years ago

Art is horrible, as bad as The Avengers, missed opportunity.

#1122 8 years ago

I am not saying that it is close to the same layout as the Hobbit, but if you think about it, the pro has a few similar things when it comes to lay-out. From the left: Spinner, The dragon is almost in the same position (a little lower on got than Hobbit) but with a lane instead of drops with a whole behind them. The ramps on got pro is almost crossover like in design and also have a cabtive ball (or ram) mech in the middle. The pops in the same place. Then you have a right orbit (but no spinner)

Then you start to add all the things the Hobbit has on top of that

Maybe not fare to compare The Hobbit against Got pro, but it does have a few similarities even though they still does not look anything like each other in the broader sense

#1123 8 years ago

Early impression is that I think it looks pretty cool. I'm sure opinions will become easier to make as more info is revealed. I was on the fence when TWD pics first surfaced, and now I own a Premium.

Now everybody get back to work!

#1124 8 years ago

Wow, that thing is horrible looking.

#1125 8 years ago

The pro art and playfield look bad to me. I do like the LE playfield and the cabinet. Not a fan of the LE translite though...

Looking forward to seeing premium photos.

#1126 8 years ago

So is Jared the one deleting all of the negative comments people leave? I think it's lame that they are censoring people from sharing opinions. When you ask people to give you $9,000, you have to accept their feedback.

What I don't get is this...art should be the EASY part. The game looks like it has a ton of amazing shots. But a pinball machine is also a piece of furniture, a work of art. You want to enjoy the universe before your eyes even when it's not turned on. I know I say this a lot, but the reason LOTR is a classic is also because the art package (while not the best quality) is so well executed. The whole thing just feels like you're entering middle earth. Why in the hell did they decide to make the predominant art feature the gears from the opening credits?

This is where a guy like Aurich could help. It's just poorly designed. They've had a decade to make the art nicer (since LOTR) and they are going backwards.

#1127 8 years ago

GoT is a dark moody series (both tv and books). The colors on this look like a Renaissance fair. Wasn't at all what I was expecting. That being said, it may look better in person (at least Stern better hope it does)

#1128 8 years ago

I am disappointed in the gimping I see, but the pro may play faster and be more fun. I really doubt that Steve would put out a poor shooting game. I for one, will reserve my judgement for after I play it.

#1129 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Is someone from Stern really spawn camping sat on Facebook clicking refresh, then deleting anything that sounds remotely negative?

Really? I was just thinking:

"Do people really care enough about Facebook to incessantly try to post something negative then crow about it it getting (obviously) deleted?"

You must still enjoy making prank calls to radio stations...

#1130 8 years ago

Trying to figure out the center shot between the ramps. Where does the ball go?

#1131 8 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

GoT is a dark moody series (both tv and books). The colors on this look like a Renaissance fair. Wasn't at all what I was expecting. That being said, it may look better in person (at least Stern better hope it does)

Couldn't agree more. It's too bright! Glad someone said it.

#1132 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

So is Jared the one deleting all of the negative comments people leave? I think it's lame that they are censoring people from sharing opinions. When you ask people to give you $9,000, you have to accept their feedback.
What I don't get is this...art should be the EASY part. The game looks like it has a ton of amazing shots. But a pinball machine is also a piece of furniture, a work of art. You want to enjoy the universe before your eyes even when it's not turned on. I know I say this a lot, but the reason LOTR is a classic is also because the art package (while not the best quality) is so well executed. The whole thing just feels like you're entering middle earth. Why in the hell did they decide to make the predominant art feature the gears from the opening credits?
This is where a guy like Aurich could help. It's just poorly designed. They've had a decade to make the art nicer (since LOTR) and they are going backwards.

I disagree, at least they kept the floating photoshop heads off the playfield this time. And no disembodied head toys! Like Art said I think this will look pretty cool in a dark game room.

#1133 8 years ago

The beauty of going to expo. Not worrying about any of this. Just going and playing the games in person.

#1134 8 years ago

One more thing....Thank you Stern, for announcing a game, and making it so!

Like this one or not, I am appreciative there is now another New Game to play!

#1135 8 years ago

Well I don't think this will be stealing as many TH orders as some had speculated.

#1136 8 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

yes this exactly! it seems overly bright and cheery given the subject matter

however, the most important part- from the small details so far the game play looks deep and awesome (on LE, I'm not even counting the Pro as an existing game, what a massive looking drop off!

#1137 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

The whole thing just feels like you're entering middle earth

hairdicks are everywhere

middle Earth is a crazy place!

#1138 8 years ago

I just can't help but thinking the inserts above the shields make it look like there are blank faces with dunce caps on.

But I have to agree with everyone posting the art just looks "cheap".

That and I was hoping there would be some sort of magnetic ball climbing the wall feature.

#1139 8 years ago

Was there anywhere it indicated how many LEs there would be?

#1140 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

If you compare the ST Pro and ST LE... esthetically they were close. Same thing with Kiss and TWD....when you looked at all models...they somewhat looked the same.
GOT Pro VS LE does not look the same at all! And that's because they took out the upper PF. Whic then takes out the throne, which then takes out out the Wall...
compare.jpg

I personally think they should just kill off the pro and sell strictly the prem n LE giving the play field differences from the pro.

But could you imagine how many ppl would complain about the prices and the art work who were never serious about laying the cash down to buy the game

#1141 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

compare.jpg

The ST LE was for chumps you payed a lot of money just for bling game play was the same. AC/DC premium worth the money as will the GOT premium as for LE games it is all bling Until a other game maker makes a 4000/5000 game who's to say what could or should be on the game.

#1142 8 years ago

First thoughts:
F$%^$ - the guys predicting no LCD were right.
f#$%$#- not even a color dmd... guess I need to add $400 onto the price
PF looks interesting.
Cabinet is uninspiring, but then again, unless you "parallel park" your games, most the cabinet is obscured in the game room.
Pro version is OUT (kind of assumed that).
LE version probably out (all cosmetics- apparently)
crossing fingers for slightly better art package on the Premium when revealed.
Bring on the gameplay video!

#1143 8 years ago

Looks fun. Should be a good time.

#1144 8 years ago

They should reconsider the art package for the "premium" price. In for 2015 Met Pro... Even though I LOVE Game of Thrones just as much as Metallica. Kinda let down. Even LOTR looked *better*, this game is missing IT factor on the eyes.

#1145 8 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I'm in for a Pro, price is right

$5995 for a Pro is crazy expensive, for what it is. Wonder what the street pricing will be on the Pro?

#1146 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Was there anywhere it indicated how many LEs there would be?

700 I read somewhere...

#1147 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

I personally think they should just kill off the pro and sell strictly the prem n LE giving the play field differences from the pro.

As an operator, please do not do this. Pinball on location is expensive enough to maintain as is.

#1148 8 years ago

How are these not back glass options?!?!?!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#1149 8 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

How are these not back glass options?!?!?!

image.jpgimage_1.jpg

Digging that second picture....

#1150 8 years ago

Game looks awesome. Can't wait!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.