image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 114.
#1051 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

"Players can win valuable random awards and features with Reel PopsTM, a fun new software mechanism, by playing the Pop Bumpers and spinning three virtual spinning reels on the display. When three identical symbols line up, the player is awarded the prize shown on the reels. Earn Gold and spend it on needed weapons and features."
A slot machine on the DMD is their main advertised feature? I like the concept of earning and spending gold, hopefully the code is good on release. TWD hasn't been updated on route near me. Regardless of what comes out later, some of us route players get stuck with the release code when ops don't update so that's our impression of Stern games.

Software based features are easy for competition to emulate.

#1052 8 years ago

Kind of similar PF art? At least IJ was set in a desert.

image-8.jpgimage-8.jpg

12002249_10153578870474244_4025766324294050045_n.jpg12002249_10153578870474244_4025766324294050045_n.jpg

#1053 8 years ago

Is someone from Stern really spawn camping sat on Facebook clicking refresh, then deleting anything that sounds remotely negative?

#1054 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

looks like a bit on my design.
Castle with upperplayfield.
I have no inside info.
So they must have copy my design.

IMG_20150908_5887.jpg

I love what you are doing with your game, but you've gotta stop pimping it in every thread.

#1055 8 years ago

PF looks very bla or generic, the etching should say 'Ice and Fire'

Like the upper PF and the sword lock.

Not liking much of the art package.

#1056 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

That pop bumper thingy sounds interesting!
"Players can win valuable random awards and features with Reel PopsTM, a fun new software mechanism, by playing the Pop Bumpers and spinning three virtual spinning reels on the display. When three identical symbols line up, the player is awarded the prize shown on the reels. "

Didn't WHO Dunnit already do this exact thing 20 years ago?

#1057 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Is someone from Stern really spawn camping sat on Facebook clicking refresh, then deleting anything that sounds remotely negative?

YES.

#1058 8 years ago

The fact that Stern can't hire a decent artist is beyond me. For what they charge. This could be the game that art sank. They must be celebrating at JJP today. Now Jack, SHIP THE FUCKING HOBBIT! Your window just opened up. Take advantage of it.

#1059 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I love what you are doing with your game, but you've gotta stop pimping it in every thread.

Only 3 topics.

#1060 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

The fact that Stern can't hire a decent artist is beyond me. For what they charge. This could be the game that art sank.

Maybe they have, just not on this game.

#1061 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Yes , I believe this is so....... I read somewhere in a previous thread where a Pinsider posted a mild complaint about code updates on Stern's F.B & the comments were taken down & I believe he may have also been somehow blocked from commenting again

#1062 8 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Software based features are easy for competition to emulate.

It sounds like they're emulating Who Dunnit

#1063 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

The fact that Stern can't hire a decent artist is beyond me. For what they charge. This could be the game that art sank.

They don't seem to hire decent artists for Steve Ritchie games, that's for sure. His other two recent Stern games got similarly blasted for bad art as well when pics were first released.

#1064 8 years ago

SR is definitely not the King of Art, but of Flow.

#1065 8 years ago

So much negativity! Too much "glass is half empty". The pro looks cool and the LE looks cooler.
The pro could easily be a very fun game, it's got plenty going on...

- 2 ramps
- cool sword lock
- 2 loops
- battering ram
- drop targets
- spinner
- kickback aimed at flippers (like IM war machine)
- lockdown bar fire button
- maybe RGB color changing inserts too!
- This has just as much on it as AC/DC Pro - and many really like it -> and no giant Angus face

The pro will play faster, since the right ramp will bring the ball back to the flippers immediately. It could play awesome - it just depends on the CODE!!!

#1066 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I agree.

However I do not like what he is doing.

#1067 8 years ago

For all he whining about the Pro, at least the Pro gets Drop targets.....Isnt that what Pinside has been asking for? You guys are so hard to please.449079-i.jpg449079-i.jpg

#1068 8 years ago

Gah, the pro looks like Zizzle GoT.

#1069 8 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

They don't seem to hire decent artists for Steve Ritchie games, that's for sure. His other two recent Stern games got similarly blasted for bad art as well when pics were first released.

It's totally the license.. Star Trek had a pro artist with proven pinball history.

#1070 8 years ago

I can't find Gryffindor on the PF? Oh.....wrong game.

#1071 8 years ago

To be honest, I'm extremely underwhelmed. I was really expecting something with the long delay from Ritchie's last game and all the hype. I'm not even a fan of the show and thought it would be something I would seriously consider buying. Okay, I get putting color in the display is hard, really hard, for Stern but everything else looks like it was called in. A dragon? Yawn - like we have not seen a dragon in pinball before. The upper playfield looks like it takes up half the game and what else is there? Nothing visually interesting or anything special to me. Maybe it's because I'm not a fan of the show. Steve Ritchie is the best so maybe the magic is there in gameplay. Good thing is I'm not going to feel the pressure to buy another NIB pin anytime soon.

#1072 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

For all he whining about the Pro, at least the Pro gets Drop targets.....Isnt that what Pinside has been asking for? You guys are so hard to please.449079-i.jpg

And a spinner!!!!

#1073 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

For all he whining about the Pro, at least the Pro gets Drop targets.....Isnt that what Pinside has been asking for? You guys are so hard to please.

With all the stuff it looks like they cut out of the pro, that's probably the least they could do.

#1074 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

So much negativity! Too much "glass is half empty". The pro looks cool and the LE looks cooler.
The pro could easily be a very fun game, it's got plenty going on...
- 2 ramps
- cool sword lock
- 2 loops
- battering ram
- drop targets
- spinner
- kickback aimed at flippers (like IM war machine)
- lockdown bar fire button
- This has just as much on it as AC/DC Pro - and many really like it -> and no giant Angus face
The pro will play faster, since the right ramp will bring the ball back to the flippers immediately. It could play awesome - it just depends on the CODE!!!

My beef with this is that they raised the price again and it feels like you are getting less (Pro). With the CDN dollar in the shits this will be a tough sell. This game needed the wow factor from the get go and I do believe most feel like that are not getting their money's worth (Pro wise). The LE is retailing at $13K Canadian and the Prem at $11500.. the folks up here that were prem and LE buyers where hoping for a nice pro because some can't afford the new pricepoint of the LE. Most of them will not go for a PRO in this state. I'm speaking based on first impressions.

#1075 8 years ago

Game looks interesting but I am really surprised how bad the art-work look (even though I should be used to it by now)

Especially the back glass and cabinet art. It's not only the art. The colors look so bland and uninspiring, including the playfield. In that department I prefer the Hobbit by a mile. But after all, the most important thing is how it plays and the the rules. There is clearly potential in that department.

Will be fun to follow this game but I would not dare to pre-order any version, because they all look so different. This is clearly one game I will have to know more about before I make up my mind. At least it is not yet another T2/AC/DC or Spiderman/Star Trek layout(even though those are great games) so kudos to Steve for trying something new.

#1076 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Kind of similar PF art? At least IJ was set in a desert.

This game is doomed if our first impression is that it looks like IJ4.

#1077 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

For all he whining about the Pro, at least the Pro gets Drop targets.....Isnt that what Pinside has been asking for? You guys are so hard to please.449079-i.jpg

Look at that spinner too!

#1078 8 years ago

I like that the pro has two ramps- I'm not sure how I feel about the way the ramps will work on the perm/LE- the game may feel really slow. looking forward to seeing some gameplay footage

#1079 8 years ago

I'm in the same camp as most who have posted. Art is not up to par...A DMD ?...Where is the LCD screen Stern....Really stripped down Pro model. Maybe too much ??
Gameplay...have to play it before deciding, Music, call outs and shot layout will decide that. Could be good, but on first impression...Nope.

#1080 8 years ago

So GOT was suppose to dethrone TH. after these pics not a chance.

#1082 8 years ago

Pretty underwhelmed by the art package so far... doesn't bode well for the premium. Backglass seems like a bunch of photoshop copy and paste. Also the character picks and crops for the side backboxes are kind of head scratching? Also color scheme doesn't seem to capture the feel of the series or follow any promotional marketing materials. Can't believe a brand manager for GOT would have signed off on this?

I'll definitely wait to play the game here....

#1083 8 years ago

I agree with everyone about the crappy art. But I wouldn't jump to too many conclusions about the game just yet. Both AC/DC and Star Trek garnered similar reactions when pics were first released. Things changed once people started playing them.

#1084 8 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

Can't believe a brand manager for GOT would have signed off on this?

I'd say the brand manager *demanded* it. It was probably the pinball guys going, "really? We have to make it look like that?"

#1085 8 years ago

My beef with this is that they raised the price again and it feels like you are getting less (Pro). With the CDN dollar in the shits this will be a tough sell. This game needed the wow factor from the get go and I do believe most feel like that are not getting their money's worth (Pro wise). The LE is retailing at $13K Canadian and the Prem at $11500.. the folks up here that were prem and LE buyers where hoping for a nice pro because some can't afford the new pricepoint of the LE. Most of them will not go for a PRO in this state. I'm speaking based on first impressions.

Yep, very disappointing with that whole upper playfield removed. Gameplay could save the Pro, but it's as if they are substituting Game of Thrones Pro for a KISS re-theme with two ramps?

#1086 8 years ago

I'm in for a Pro, price is right and love the theme. looks sweet and looks like it will play fast. i also like playing the stripped down acdc pro better than prem/le. ProHo.

#1087 8 years ago

"All Game of Thrones pinball models feature an animated interactive dragon that........flies"

Wonder how that's going to work.

#1088 8 years ago

I think i like the gameplay.
But wy no molded castle walls instead of a sticker.
This looks cheap.
On twd it looks great for a house.

#1089 8 years ago

Honestly, I think it makes MMr look like a good deal.

#1090 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I'd say the brand manager *demanded* it. It was probably the pinball guys going, "really? We have to make it look like that?"

Given Stern's history, I'm not too sure about that.

#1091 8 years ago

My beef with this is that they raised the price agai

Looks like same msrp as TWD and Kiss. Am I missing something?

#1092 8 years ago

Looks like we got the LCD price point... but they forgot the LCD

#1093 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I think i like the gameplay.
But wy no molded castle walls instead of a sticker.
This looks cheap.
On twd it looks great for a house.

Hopefully the castle walls are mod-able to "real" textured plastic like WOZ.

#1094 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

"All Game of Thrones pinball models feature an animated interactive dragon that........flies"
Wonder how that's going to work.

The wings will move up and down on it.

#1095 8 years ago

I predict a lot of cancellations on pre orders

#1096 8 years ago

The problem with the Hobbit is the Movies were terrible and the hype around them is long fades. GOT's last season was epic and they are departing from books now, so those of us that read books, have to watch this next season, perfect timing for this pin. Cant wait to try it!!

#1097 8 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I'm in for a Pro, price is right and love the theme. looks sweet and looks like it will play fast. i also like playing the stripped down ac/dc pro better than prem/le. ProHo.

Yep, I own an AC/DC Pro and don't miss the under playfield and love the speed, but it seems like they've taken an integral part of the game out of the Pro this time around.

#1098 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Hopefully the castle walls are mod-able to "real" textured plastic like WOZ.

That definitely is disappointing, especially because they could have tapped into the train hobby and just used some of their stone walls that people use for dioramas.

They have all kinds of flexible, adhesive backed, stone walls that you can even trim with scissors and x-acto knives. It would have cost about $15 per machine to wrap that castle in simulated stone walls.

shopping.jpgshopping.jpg

shopping (1).jpgshopping (1).jpg

#1099 8 years ago

Stern is fast in the fb delete, it was just a few seconds before the comment "did hodor do the art" was deleted

#1100 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That definitely is disappointing, especially because they could have tapped into the train hobby and just used some of their stone walls that people use for dioramas.
They have all kinds of flexible, adhesive backed, stone walls that you can even trim with scissors and x-acto knives. It would have cost about $15 per machine to wrap that castle in simulated stone walls.
shopping.jpg
shopping (1).jpg

Try hitting one of those train walls with a pinball and tell me if you don't end up with a mess in your pinball cabinet. Also the labor cost is really the issue not the parts cost.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.