image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 114.
#901 8 years ago

700 "LE's"

I think I recall I had deposit on STLE at $7395, I paid $7395 for TWDLE I think and GOTLE is gonna be $7995.

Is the Canadian and overseas markup really that much higher at $12000? How many buyers are there at that price?

Crazy pinball times. Hard to believe we are crazy enough to keep buying $8k plus pinball machines by the thousands.

#902 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Is that for sure 9k as I heard 8. I also put up for an LE .

If you buy through one of the usual distributors (JJ @ Game Exchange, Trent @ Tilt, etc), the cost is usually $1k or more less than the MSRP price.

So it will most likely be just under or at $8k.

#903 8 years ago

First upper playfield image!!

Pinball-620x350.jpgPinball-620x350.jpg

#905 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Everyone knows the first LED/LCD game from stern will be Trudeau's My Little Pony game.
11954719_10100190379515383_361387542001425155_n.jpg

My girls would love this. I just picked up a Solar Ride and it's my daughters' favorite game because the translight looks like their Barbie horse.

DSC_0170.JPGDSC_0170.JPG

#906 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

No dragon on the pro either.

Wut. I hope that's not really true! I get no upper playfield, but damn. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Stern's PR agency isn't on the ball with sending me the press photos or I guess I'd know by now. Which by the way sucks, because writing up news after it's already all over the web is lame.

#907 8 years ago

Premium all the way here. I can't justify LE at around $12k. Prem will be close to 10 and that's painful enough, but I will want full gameplay. I'm over the LE thing anyway now. I'm a player, not a collector (of signatures).

#908 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Is that for sure 9k as I heard 8. I also put up for an LE .

$9k is MSRP

#909 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wut. I hope that's not really true! I get no upper playfield, but damn. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Stern's PR agency isn't on the ball with sending me the press photos or I guess I'd know by now. Which by the way sucks, because writing up news after it's already all over the web is lame.

Oh what haven't you seen it already Aurich? Man your late to the party.... would share but not my place to do so I will let Stern do this, I'm just playing their games.

#910 8 years ago

Damn I hope Nitro gets "good" clients 1k off cause at 9k and a 33% exchange bonus the dragon better be gold! No wait that's TH

#911 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Oh what haven't you seen it already Aurich? Man your late to the party.... would share but not my place to do so I will let Stern do this, I'm just playing their games.

You bastard!

All I know is if I don't have press photos soon you can blame http://www.43pr.com for Stern not getting coverage on this one. I'm not writing up old news. They're usually good at getting them to me the day before so I have some time, but maybe with today being a holiday they're off their game.

#912 8 years ago

ooh, how bout just your thoughts on it?

#913 8 years ago

you must be fairly new here was just giving my good friend Aurich the gears as its usually his line. I'm in for sure though

#914 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Upper play field is from WWE!
(kidding)

Well people were wondering if there would be a re-release of WWE with a more desirable theme...

(kidding)

#915 8 years ago

Can't wait for the reveal tomorrow....i'm a bit suprised there will not be an LCD, and it's sure sounding like the pro is gonna be pretty weak with no upper playfield and no dragon?

#916 8 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Can't wait for the reveal tomorrow....i'm a bit suprised there will not be an LCD, and it's sure sounding like the pro is gonna be pretty weak with no upper playfield and no dragon?

It will come with the right to sit and bash the LE/Premium saying your game is faster.

#917 8 years ago

i was about to ask if someone did business with nitro, don't know if they ship everywhere in canada. i'll wait to for SB first.

man i hope it's a joke, leave the damn dragon alone stern.

#918 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#919 8 years ago

Nitro will ship anywhere and they are a great group to deal with.

#920 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

700 "LE's"
I think I recall I had deposit on STLE at $7395, I paid $7395 for TWDLE I think and GOTLE is gonna be $7995.
Is the Canadian and overseas markup really that much higher at $12000? How many buyers are there at that price?
Crazy pinball times. Hard to believe we are crazy enough to keep buying $8k plus pinball machines by the thousands.

it's not a markup, it's simply the currency conversion from america to Canadian dollars. In fact, for a while there I thought I remember hearing that if you converted the CAD MRSP to USD it was actually a bit cheaper. Might be wrong on that one though.

#921 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I'll definitely second that one! Their shop is my go to place every weekend.

#922 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

you must be fairly new here was just giving my good friend Aurich the gears as its usually his line. I'm in for sure though

Nah, BillE is a vet, I've met him, good guy. He's just like the rest, hungry for some info.

But you're dead on about giving me shit though.

#923 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

It will come with the right to sit and bash the LE/Premium saying your game is faster.

Except when you've preached from the high neon pulpit of the Church of Tron, you have never been more right brother.

#924 8 years ago

Stern is on Central Time right? Expecting full reveal in 34 minutes, any further delay is simply them shining us on.

#925 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

700 "LE's"

8K USD = 10,624.54 CAD then add 12% tax here in BC and you get $11,898. Add shipping and your over $12K

#926 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Not all the time. No way.

#927 8 years ago

Posted in the german pinball forum (www.flippermarkt.de) by the user MHaslinger:
"Thrones pinball:
The goal of the game is to rule the seven kingdoms of Westeros
Challengers fight to eliminate each other and take the Iron Throne for themselves
Stern’s Game of Thrones pinball machines are packed with features and toys that provide an irresistible challenge to play against kings, knights, knaves and dragons
Each player can select a Game of Thrones House to defend against harm, and the danger comes from all directions
Players can choose to be a Knight of the Stark, Lannister, Greyjoy, Baratheon, Martell, or Tyrell family Houses, and choose other Houses to battle
Game of Thrones Game Features:
Custom speech from Game of Thrones actor Rory McCann as Sandor Clegane, (The Hound), guides the player throughout the game with authenticity and strong presence
The sweet voice of Kate Morris co-narrates the game, and adds an Englishwoman’s touch to the character of the game
All Game of Thrones pinball models feature an animated interactive dragon that roars, flies, and breathes fire through the magic of all-LED lit playfields
Each model has its own uniquely stunning art package
Major Game Events:
Players can slam the ball into the Battering Ram, attempting to break down the Castle Doors and grab features such as Super Jackpots, Wild Fire, and Playfield Score Multipliers
The animated mechanical Sword of Multiball holds back reinforcements until it’s time to attack. A bank of 3 Drop Targets lights the Lord of Light Lanes to protect against side drains and awards other progressive features
A Kickback in the Dragon’s lair fires the ball back in anger when the dragon is struck
Players can win valuable random awards and features with Reel PopsTM, a fun new software
mechanism by playing the Pop Bumpers and spinning 3 virtual spinning reels on the display
When three identical symbols line up, the player is awarded the prize shown on the reels. Earn Gold
and spend it on needed weapons and features.
An Action Button is featured on the front molding for the largest array of interactive play features ever
seen in a pinball machine
Pro Model:
Designed with Operators, Locations
The Game of Thrones Pro model features 7 multicolor Shield Inserts that represent the great Houses of Westeros and special shots on the playfield
Lightning-fast ramps and orbits send the ball on fascinating and versatile courses throughout the game
New updated SPIKETM electronics hardware system improves earnings, reliability, serviceability and
energy efficiency
PCB boards updated
All general-illumination and feature lights are LED’s
Redesigned, stronger, modern-styled metal backbox
New game design allows easy cleaning
Cabinets are decaled for easy refurbishment
Enter a whole new realm with Game of Thrones Premium and Limited Edition Pinball models:
Vastly different from the Pro model, both Premium and Limited Editions feature a massive and challenging Castle Upper Playfield with a second set of full size flippers, shots and an animated Dragon
Both models feature dazzling full-playfield color-changing LED’s throughout the game
An Elevator serving two “floors,” brings the ball up to the upper Castle playfield where the players battle
against Houses and Dragons
The second Elevator floor delivers the ball to the Iron Throne, where victories great and small can be
celebrated
The right ramp shot is guarded by a single resettable Drop Target allowing the player to shoot directly
into the Castle when qualified
Amazing light shows and effects are a visual celebration of players’ victories
Premium Edition:
Designed with Operators, Locations and Pinball Enthusiasts in mind; similar gameplay and playfield
layout as the LE, without the LE’s exclusive collectible features
Minimum Advertised Price (“MAP”): $7,095 Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price: (“MSRP”): $7,595 No Production Limits
Full-spectrum smooth RGB LED playfield 16 lamp grid (also on LE)
LED (red, white, purple) general illumination (also on LE)
Limited Edition: Limited production drives value appreciation
Designed with Pinball Collectors, Production Limited to 700 units

The LE comes with Laser-Cut Dragon side armor
The LE model comes with a serialized number plate
The LE model has custom LE-only side-art and backglass
The LE model comes with a certificate of authenticity signed by Gary Stern
Uniquely themed hand drawn, translite backglass
Designer-signed playfield featuring Hall-of-Fame pinball designer Steve Ritchie signature"

#928 8 years ago

Sounds like Lotr sword lock.

Glad to hear it sounds more like places and persons of the GOT and not actual storyline which would have been difficult to implement in a pin.

Sound great to me!

#929 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Posted in the german pinball forum (www.flippermarkt.de) by the user MHaslinger:
"Thrones pinball:
The goal of the game is to rule the seven kingdoms of Westeros
Challengers fight to eliminate each other and take the Iron Throne for themselves
Stern’s Game of Thrones pinball machines are packed with features and toys that provide an irresistible challenge to play against kings, knights, knaves and dragons
Each player can select a Game of Thrones House to defend against harm, and the danger comes from all directions
Players can choose to be a Knight of the Stark, Lannister, Greyjoy, Baratheon, Martell, or Tyrell family Houses, and choose other Houses to battle
Custom speech from Game of Thrones actor Rory McCann as Sandor Clegane, (The Hound), guides the player throughout the game with authenticity and strong presence
The sweet voice of Kate Morris co-narrates the game, and adds an Englishwoman’s touch to the character of the game
All Game of Thrones pinball models feature an animated interactive dragon that roars, flies, and breathes fire through the magic of all-LED lit playfields
Each model has its own uniquely stunning art package
Major Game Events:
Players can slam the ball into the Battering Ram, attempting to break down the Castle Doors and grab features such as Super Jackpots, Wild Fire, and Playfield Score Multipliers
The animated mechanical Sword of Multiball holds back reinforcements until it’s time to attack. A bank of 3 Drop Targets lights the Lord of Light Lanes to protect against side drains and awards other progressive features
A Kickback in the Dragon’s lair fires the ball back in anger when the dragon is struck
Players can win valuable random awards and features with Reel PopsTM, a fun new software
mechanism by playing the Pop Bumpers and spinning 3 virtual spinning reels on the display
When three identical symbols line up, the player is awarded the prize shown on the reels. Earn Gold
and spend it on needed weapons and features.
An Action Button is featured on the front molding for the largest array of interactive play features ever
seen in a pinball machine
Pro Model:
Designed with Operators, Locations
The Game of Thrones Pro model features 7 multicolor Shield Inserts that represent the great Houses of Westeros and special shots on the playfield
Lightning-fast ramps and orbits send the ball on fascinating and versatile courses throughout the game
New updated SPIKETM electronics hardware system improves earnings, reliability, serviceability and
energy efficiency
PCB boards updated
All general-illumination and feature lights are LED’s
Redesigned, stronger, modern-styled metal backbox
New game design allows easy cleaning
Cabinets are decaled for easy refurbishment
Enter a whole new realm with Game of Thrones Premium and Limited Edition Pinball models:
Vastly different from the Pro model, both Premium and Limited Editions feature a massive and challenging Castle Upper Playfield with a second set of full size flippers, shots and an animated Dragon
Both models feature dazzling full-playfield color-changing LED’s throughout the game
An Elevator serving two “floors,” brings the ball up to the upper Castle playfield where the players battle
against Houses and Dragons
The second Elevator floor delivers the ball to the Iron Throne, where victories great and small can be
celebrated
The right ramp shot is guarded by a single resettable Drop Target allowing the player to shoot directly
into the Castle when qualified
Amazing light shows and effects are a visual celebration of players’ victories
Premium Edition:
Designed with Operators, Locations and Pinball Enthusiasts in mind; similar gameplay and playfield
layout as the LE, without the LE’s exclusive collectible features
Minimum Advertised Price (“MAP”): $7,095 Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price: (“MSRP”): $7,595 No Production Limits
Full-spectrum smooth RGB LED playfield 16 lamp grid (also on LE)
Limited Edition: Limited production drives value appreciation
Designed with Pinball Collectors, Production Limited to 700 units
The LE comes with Laser-Cut Dragon side armor
The LE model comes with a serialized number plate
The LE model has custom LE-only side-art and backglass
The LE model comes with a certificate of authenticity signed by Gary Stern
Uniquely themed hand drawn, translite backglass
Designer-signed playfield featuring Hall-of-Fame pinball designer Steve Ritchie signature"

"animated interactive dragon that roars, flies, and breathes fire through the magic of all-LED lit playfields" sounds great, to bad no mentioning of a LCD

but only 1 voice from the original cast ?...

#930 8 years ago

Wow...If these features hold true, this machine has a lot MORE bells & whistles compared to The Hobbit. It will be interesting to play both side by side.

I was expecting a lot more out of the machine especially the dragon. To date, I'm on-board with TH but this machine is going to require me to sell something in my current inventory .

My assumption: I'll purchase one of these games when they get released which will probably be GOT.

Tim

#931 8 years ago

made it a bit more structured:

Each player can select a Game of Thrones House to defend against harm, and the danger comes from all directions. Players can choose to be a Knight of the Stark, Lannister, Greyjoy, Baratheon, Martell, or Tyrell family Houses, and choose other Houses to battle

• Custom speech from Game of Thrones actor Rory McCann as Sandor Clegane, (The Hound), guides the player throughout the game with authenticity and strong presence
• The sweet voice of Kate Morris co-narrates the game, and adds an Englishwoman’s touch to the character of the game
• All Game of Thrones pinball models feature an animated interactive dragon that roars, flies, and breathes fire through the magic of all-LED lit playfields
• Each model has its own uniquely stunning art package
• Players can slam the ball into the Battering Ram, attempting to break down the Castle Doors and grab features such as Super Jackpots, Wild Fire, and Playfield Score Multipliers
• The animated mechanical Sword of Multiball holds back reinforcements until it’s time to attack.
• A bank of 3 Drop Targets lights the Lord of Light Lanes to protect against side drains and awards other progressive features
• A Kickback in the Dragon’s lair fires the ball back in anger when the dragon is struck
• Players can win valuable random awards and features with Reel PopsTM, a fun new software mechanism by playing the Pop Bumpers and spinning 3 virtual spinning reels on the display When three identical symbols line up, the player is awarded the prize shown on the reels. Earn Gold and spend it on needed weapons and features.
• An Action Button is featured on the front molding for the largest array of interactive play features ever seen in a pinball machine
Pro Model:
• The Game of Thrones Pro model features 7 multicolor Shield Inserts that represent the great Houses of Westeros and special shots on the playfield
• Lightning-fast ramps and orbits send the ball on fascinating and versatile courses throughout the game
• New updated SPIKETM electronics hardware system improves earnings, reliability, serviceability and energy efficiency PCB boards updated
• All general-illumination and feature lights are LED’s
• Redesigned, stronger, modern-styled metal backbox
• New game design allows easy cleaning
• Cabinets are decaled for easy refurbishment
Premium and Limited Edition Pinball models:
• Vastly different from the Pro model, both Premium and Limited Editions feature a massive and challenging Castle Upper Playfield with a second set of full size flippers, shots and an animated Dragon
• Both models feature dazzling full-playfield color-changing LED’s throughout the game
• An Elevator serving two “floors,” brings the ball up to the upper Castle playfield where the players battle against Houses and Dragons
The second Elevator floor delivers the ball to the Iron Throne, where victories great and small can be celebrated
• The right ramp shot is guarded by a single resettable Drop Target allowing the player to shoot directly into the Castle when qualified
• Amazing light shows and effects are a visual celebration of players’ victories
Premium Edition:
• layout as the LE, without the LE’s exclusive collectible features
• Full-spectrum smooth RGB LED playfield 16 lamp grid (also on LE)
• Limited Edition: Limited production drives value appreciation Designed with Pinball Collectors, Production Limited to 700 units
• The LE comes with Laser-Cut Dragon side armor
• The LE model comes with a serialized number plate
• The LE model has custom LE-only side-art and backglass
• The LE model comes with a certificate of authenticity signed by Gary Stern
• Uniquely themed hand drawn, translite backglass
• Designer-signed playfield featuring Hall-of-Fame pinball designer Steve Ritchie signature"

#932 8 years ago

Sounds like the pro is really going to suck compared to the Prem/LE

#933 8 years ago

Can't wait for pics!

#934 8 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Custom speech from Game of Thrones actor Rory McCann as Sandor Clegane, (The Hound)

I hope this line is in the game ... great scene.

"I understand that if any more words come pouring out your c**t mouth, I'm gonna have to eat every f**king chicken in this room."

#935 8 years ago

Glad to see Stern return to "all rgb" light show.

#936 8 years ago

I'm starting to think I want to hear the sound package more than I want to see the layout before I commit. Not a lot mentioned about the soundtrack in there other than *one* actor. I bet that theme is pretty expensive to license. There's no way they could leave that out is there??

#937 8 years ago

Almost sounds like a mix of BK (upper playfield with 2 flippers) and MM.

#938 8 years ago

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/09/08/heres-your-first-look-at-game-of-thrones-pinball-exclusive/

BN-KE695_got2_G_20150908005135.jpgBN-KE695_got2_G_20150908005135.jpg

BN-KE129_pinbal_G_20150904170740.jpgBN-KE129_pinbal_G_20150904170740.jpg

BN-KE124_pinbal_G_20150904165625.jpgBN-KE124_pinbal_G_20150904165625.jpg

BN-KE139_pinbal_G_20150904173031.jpgBN-KE139_pinbal_G_20150904173031.jpg

#939 8 years ago

Come on Stern!

showmewhatyougot.PNGshowmewhatyougot.PNG

#940 8 years ago

Facebook pictures!!!! And oh god is this thing beautiful!!

#941 8 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Wow...If these features hold true, this machine has a lot MORE bells & whistles compared to The Hobbit. It will be interesting to play both side by side.

I don't know, that description had a lot of adjectives to live up to.

#942 8 years ago

LE or bust...

#943 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg

image_6.jpgimage_6.jpg

image_7.jpgimage_7.jpg

#945 8 years ago

If I'm correct the only picture above of a LE is the upperplayfield photo ?

#946 8 years ago

It's like WOZ and TH all rolled into one.

#947 8 years ago

not a fan of that playfield art at all; i hope it plays well.

#948 8 years ago

I'm definitely going to need to see some gameplay footage before I'm convinced this is worth the money. Going by art package alone, this thing is terrible. The back glasses on this game are the worst I've seen from Stern since Dale Jr. The cartoony graphics on the playfield look too generically medieval and lazy (check out those fighter silhouettes on the mini playfield). And the map graphic on the playfield background is too similar to me to POTC, which I also thought looked bad. I can't believe HBO approved this, seriously.

#949 8 years ago

I just want to say that I love the Pinside forums right before a big announcement like this.

30% of Pinside: early adopters

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

45%: cautiously optimistic

giphy-2.gifgiphy-2.gif

25%: EM or vintage game fans

giphy-1.gifgiphy-1.gif

#950 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

LE or bust...

Well, or premium. The pro looks empty without the upper playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.