image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 114.
#701 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Game of Thrones Pro was a definite possibility for me, but due to current pricing, if it is too stripped back, it will make my decision easier picking up a Lord of the Rings instead.

Exactly what I was thinking as well. Hopefully GOT will shake a few out of collections.

#702 8 years ago

I could imagine ship a dmd. Then aftermarket sell a colour dmd, or sell a lcd with a sd card. Maximize profit. Stern knows that people will spend lots on mods with this game.

#703 8 years ago

This is a precious license, so I'm counting on Stern to come through on the PF artwork.
In other words, NONE OF THIS:

Lord_of_Thrones.jpgLord_of_Thrones.jpg

#704 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Plenty of us do. Bigger is better! Watching a film on a big screen is far more engrossing, and closer to the movie experience.
Were people really defending DVD as being nearly as good as Blu-ray in this thread?
Theater4.jpg

How's the popcorn in that theater? Hope you're not using that microwave shit.

What I find amazing is that you have a theater that nice and you're still using blu-rays. I was talking about the quality of DVDs on an upconverting blu-ray player on a 55-60 inch screen. You guys have to whip your dicks out and take the conversation to huge f**king screens. Who the hell was talking about that? I would think you need UHD stuff for those screens. Then again, if you can afford a theater like that, can't you just get the first run digital copies of movies still in theaters? I've got a guy in Times Square who can hook you up...

#705 8 years ago

PS - Sorry it took so long to respond to that post. But I'm in Canada. Need I say more? I'm too busy trying not to be eaten by grizzlies to post...

#706 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Pro, prem and LE will all have drop targets.
Only prem and LE with have additional tier playfield/flippers and 2 extra elevator up kickers.
LE will have different translite art, laser cut dragon trim and hinges and a signature.
Sword ball lock.
The dragon toy sounds fantastic, totally interactive.

No LCD on either.

#707 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

PS - Sorry it took so long to respond to that post. But I'm in Canada. Need I say more? I'm too busy trying not to be eaten by grizzlies to post...

Are you stuck in maple syrup again? Happens to me all the time

#708 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You should bring back some Lays potato chips. Butter chicken and Montreal smoked meat flavor. I heard you can't get that stuff down in the USA

#709 8 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

This is a precious license, so I'm counting on Stern to come through on the PF artwork.

Lord_of_Thrones.jpg

I thought The Avengers was a precious license and that turned out craptastic.

the Avengers has 2 films of over $1.5B each and more on the way.

#710 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If I was stern, I'd definitely charge more for a game with a LCD.

No LCD.

You are getting way more on the playfield on this game !

#711 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I would think you need UHD stuff for those screens

Nope, 1080p looks beautiful at this size. I'm in no rush to go to 4k.

#712 8 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Lord_of_Thrones.jpg

The collage of figures on the LOTR playfield had no zero effect on diminishing LOTR as a great game.

Same thing with ACDC for that matter.

#713 8 years ago

Its fun watching some of the bitching in this thread.

Those in on an LE. It better have more than the pro, otherwise we are getting screwed for an addition $? that they are charging for the LE

Those in on a PRO. It better not have anything less than the LE, i dont want a stripped down game, its not fair.

How about, just get what looks good for the money you are spending. Dont bitch that others are getting more since they were willing to pay extra. And dont bitch that you had to pay for exta if you are getting the LE. No one is making anyone here buy one of these

Myself, im in on an LE. My purchase will more than likely be easier than i expected too. Im in on a Hobbit, but like many others, im getting frustrated at the lack of info from carsalesman Jack. If I had to make a choice today, my choice would be that if my GOTLE gets hear before i hear anything from Jack, then ill probably just cancel that order, get the refund and use it for GOTLE. That would be easy, but I do want both

#714 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I was talking about the quality of DVDs on an upconverting blu-ray player on a 55-60 inch screen. You guys have to whip your dicks out and take the conversation to huge f**king screens.

I also have a 60" Plasma and can easily see the difference between crappy DVD and blu-ray on that screen as well.

#715 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I also have a 60" Plasma and can easily see the difference between crappy DVD and blu-ray on that screen as well.

I can't beleive people are actually trying to make this argument. Blu-Ray is WAY better and clearer then DVD, are you kidding me?

#716 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I can't beleive people are actually trying to make this argument. Blu-Ray is WAY better and clearer then DVD, are you kidding me?

Yeah, and we didn't even have to "whip our dicks out" to see the difference.

#717 8 years ago

Close this thread now.....i m loosing my sanity.

Blu ray is better than dvd........... even without my glasses on I can see it

#718 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nope, 1080p looks beautiful at this size. I'm in no rush to go to 4k.

I would go OLED before 4K, the ultimate will be 4k OLED 80 plus inches. Looking forward to that.

#719 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I would go OLED before 4K, the ultimate will be 4k OLED 80 plus inches. Looking forward to that.

They are getting there and wouldn't be surprised if some high end stores already have them 80"+ considering BB has a 77" for 25k.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-77-class-76-8-diag--oled-curved-2160p-smart-3d-4k-ultra-hd-tv-black/4226200.p?id=1219711477971&skuId=4226200

#720 8 years ago

The only reason blu ray is "better" than dvd is due to it being able to store more info. You can cram a 10k video (whatever that res may be) on a dvd just the same... just alot less of it.

#721 8 years ago

But who cares, GoT is coming !

#722 8 years ago

While this is true, how good does it need to be before it is "good enough"? My TV is 65", and I watch it from about 11 feet away. Yes, Blu-Ray looks better on it. But I don't shun DVD. If that is the format I have it on, I'll still watch it. I wouldn't want to watch SD content on it, but DVD is good enough. Blu-Ray is better (both picture and sound).

Just like I can play a pinball machine from 1971 and have a freakin blast. It isn't the latest tech, but it is still good stuff. See that? It finally comes back to pinball. Now get off your butts and get some leaked pictures up here!!!

#723 8 years ago

Real UHD broadcast and media standards have already been finalized at 8K resolution though, and 12-bit per color (R, G, B) depth. I can't get on this 4K 10-bit per color 1.08 billion color nonsense when I could have four times the resolution and over 4 trillion colors onscreen at once. Just imagine how many of those are blacks and shades of grey....

Quoted from jetspeedb:

But who cares GoT is coming !

Also tangentially relevant since GoT itself is shot in only 4K digital.

#724 8 years ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

But who cares GoT is coming !

Disney is expanding Epcot center into F-GoT center.

#725 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Disney is expanding Epcot center into F-GoT center.

I hope it does better then Euro Disney Land

#726 8 years ago

Back to GoT.
So who's boobs are going to be use as pop bumpers ? Cercei ? Margaery ? Daenerys ?

#727 8 years ago

Gosh, am I the only one getting nostalgic for times when Mods actually kicked people out of threads for derailing? All of this DVD vs Bluray stuff can be settled..just Google the crap.

#728 8 years ago

I watch all kinds of films both old movie and foreign films and probably less than 10% is even on Blu-Ray. Blu-ray may be superior but it's like they're JJP and then you have Stern and older B/W pins that are DVD.

#729 8 years ago

What game layout is SR going to rehash for GoT? WPT, BK2000 or a combo of both?

#730 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I watch all kinds of films both old movie and foreign films and probably less than 10% is even on Blu-Ray. Blu-ray may be superior but it's like they're JJP and then you have Stern and older B/W pins that are DVD.

Don't get me wrong, DVD is not obsolete, it's just Blu Ray is better. I thought people were trying to say DVD was just as good as Blu Ray and it's not. I still enjoy a good DVD too for just the reason you stated above, the movie or show isn't on Blu ray or I just don't want to rebuy it on another format, like Cannibal the musical, I don't think you can find that on Blu ray.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#731 8 years ago

Have I heard right ? lyman is not doing the code ?

That would be a real turn off to me

#732 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Yup, no longer an instant buy for me. Now a wait and see.

#733 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Rumor is Dwight Sullivan (T2, T3, POTC, STTNG).

#735 8 years ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

Rumor is Dwight Sullivan (T2, T3, STTNG).

Bring it. Awesome games.

#736 8 years ago

Stern is probably monitoring this thread... every time they read something dopey they take a shot and raise the MSRP by $5! Nice work guys

drinkinggot-when-to-drink.pngdrinkinggot-when-to-drink.png

#737 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

true, but folks spending $7K+ might expect more than an identical layout and toys.

Then people should choose not to spend that much money when they're able to get a very similar option for a much lower price.

#738 8 years ago

At K-Mart in Australia yesterday. Men's tshirt section. Not pictured nearby: Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Sons of Anarchy and Star Wars tshirts. Stern have their future titles decided already.

20150906_144415.jpg20150906_144415.jpg

#739 8 years ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

Rumor is Dwight Sullivan (T2, T3, POTC, STTNG).

Confirmed all Dwight on this.

#740 8 years ago

Unless there is some dramatic game play difference or the artwork looks like shat, I'll most likely go premium. From the sounds of it the pro is really lacking compared to the prem/le. Can't wait to see the actual reveal

#741 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

The collage of figures on the LOTR playfield had no zero effect on diminishing LOTR as a great game.
Same thing with ACDC for that matter.

And the same can be said for SM, but it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on hokey artwork. To Stern's defense, they've made improvements over the last two years.

#742 8 years ago
Quoted from woz:

What game layout is SR going to rehash for GoT? WPT, BK2000 or a combo of both?

I love my WPT but don't need another one!

Be nice if we get something different from SR with GOT.

#743 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Gosh, am I the only one getting nostalgic for times when Mods actually kicked people out of threads for derailing? All of this DVD vs Bluray stuff can be settled..just Google the crap.

Sorry for the sad truth but this is the pinside reality. Open up a moderator feedback thread to express your concerns like others have.

As per my post a few hours ago KVann99.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/14#post-2663920

#744 8 years ago

DVD is better.

But seriously...I never said that. Just said it looks really good upconverted. People are twisting my words.

And GravitaR...you seriously need to relax a bit. You sound like one of those guys at an anger management meeting.

#745 8 years ago

And oh yeah...I'm probably getting Game of Thrones. See? Back on topic. All better now?

#746 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And oh yeah...I'm probably getting Game of Thrones. See? Back on topic. All better now?

Ok but your dog is looking at me a funny way pulling his tongue out at me lol

#747 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And GravitaR...you seriously need to relax a bit. You sound like one of those guys at an anger management meeting.

Just having fun as you are BB.

#748 8 years ago

I'm on order for a LE but more as a just in case scenario.

With the world economy and the U.S. Dollar strong these peobably won't sell out as quick and as with STLE there will be a strong case for the premium and a high number of LEs. Pro might also be compelling like Met pro.

What I mean while I have a deposit it's far from a done deal. It's more like 50:50 or less.

First, where're the code, second where's the color DMD. I don't care about TV clips as that might be a PITA, but I'd like to see a color DMD. Then we have the uncertainty of if/when SMVE will come out and what that will look like and what it will cost.

We know that they'll make premium and we can wait and see and play them, so the only compelling reason to buy before I try is if the LE knocks my socks off. If it looks like the LE are the bees knees and will be sold out quick like Met LE then it's a possibility. But if it's a +/- game like Kiss LE of TWD LE or WWE or Avengers LE (really there are more misses than hits with the LEs). So I got my deposit in, but it's got to be a real convincing argument for me to spend close to $8K for one.

#749 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Pro, prem and LE will all have drop targets.
Only prem and LE with have additional tier left side mini playfield/flippers and 2 extra elevator up kickers.
LE will have different translite art, laser cut dragon trim and hinges and a signature.
The middle lower pf has the crests like Medieval Madness.
Sword ball lock.
Throne in top right with a VUK dropping in the throne.
Castle door to bash.
The dragon toy sounds fantastic, totally interactive. And a lockbar button.
It looks like as close to a Black Knight 3000 pin as we are gonna get ! a great return to ball interactive feature heavy pinball

Quoted from mnpinball:

No LCD.
You are getting way more on the playfield on this game !

Thanks mnpinball!

The pro has to have buyers. If distros and then operators can't afford this game, no more games get made. They have to spend less on the game to make it cheaper than the LE/Prem.

If Stern is making a nice profit on the LE/Prem games, good for them. To me the sweet spot is the premium getting the same art and translight as the pro, but with more features. Stern has chosen to do 3 fully different art packages. It must be working for them. I haven't been excited like this since STLE. Good job on marketing Stern! You have me excited to pay for a game I haven't seen.

#750 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Just having fun as you are BB.

Sorry...all good on this end. Just came across wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.