Topic Stats

• 5,686 posts
  • 582 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 521 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

12001015_10153582378859244_3992933764263989251_o.jpg
11990531_10153582382284244_7318290890868246345_n.jpg
11728915_10153582382399244_5905681936466426047_o.jpg
11168854_10153582382234244_5028358639296391042_n.jpg
12002237_10153580689264244_8221197678159527499_n.jpg
12003226_10153580689529244_2450094146579087675_n.jpg
12095309_10153092713692407_7146936834823691470_o.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

There are 5686 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 114.
#5601 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I don't see anyone getting their premiums/le before Christmas. I was informed this week I won't even be getting my pro until the 3rd/4th week of Nov now . I ordered 1st week of October.

I think stern is pretty fast getting them out stern could have all the LEs in 2 weeks. I can see the LEs in ppls home by the end of the 2nd week or 3rd week of nov. The PREMs. Probably not til Xmas or after. They will probably make the pros again after the LEs

#5602 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Tilt. And I was just kidding. I don't know jack shit about who's got what order in the queue. It'd be nice before Thanksgiving, but I'm starting to think Christmas is more realistic, and that's just fine with me.

Ordered mine from JJ.

Not to switch topics too much, but here is what I can't figure out. My best friend wants GOT Premium. But his wife won't let him.

How do you married guys convince your wife to let you buy these machines?

#5603 3 years ago

is this new? I had thought normally they do a pro run to meet all/most orders, then the premiums and le's follow? maybe I got bumped to the next run of pros?

I think Stern runs different machines concurrently in the larger facility, no? Can someone chime in who was on the tour last month? I think they work on a bunch all at once. All I know is that they announced the LEs hit the line on Thursday, but they're making the European ones first because Robin asked them to.

KIDDING!!!

#5604 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think Stern runs different machines concurrently in the larger facility, no? Can someone chime in who was on the tour last month?

It seemed that the line was working one game at a time (they were on GoT Pro that day) - But I would imagine they could switch them out every few days or even every day. I remember hearing the regular number is about 40 games per day, but at full output they could get to 100 per day, but they are not close to that currently.

#5605 3 years ago

is this new? I had thought normally they do a pro run to meet all/most orders, then the premiums and le's follow? maybe I got bumped to the next run of pros?

Unless production methods have changed it has been PRO the LE then PREM models in that order

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Ordered mine from JJ.
Not to switch topics too much, but here is what I can't figure out. My best friend wants GOT Premium. But his wife won't let him.

Tell her its that or beer kegs in the game room, there is also the fact that if you get bored with it you can sell it on here and get most of your money back.

#5606 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It seemed that the line was working one game at a time (they were on GoT Pro that day) - But I would imagine they could switch them out every few days or even every day. I remember hearing the regular number is about 40 games per day, but at full output they could get to 100 per day, but they are not close to that currently.

40 is still impressive...and if they can do 40 LEs every day, it'll only take them 20 days or so to complete the LE run...easy to get to by Christmas.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Ordered mine from JJ.

I'm now at the point where, when I get something, she gets something. So we're going shopping for a dining room table. Hooray???

#5607 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If I knew the answer to that I would have way more F'N pins!!!

#5608 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

No convincing needed! My only restriction is keeping them in the basement.

#5609 3 years ago

I was told November for LE delivery in Australia. Gary has a soft spot for our beer over here (it's somewhere around his middle).

#5610 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Ordered mine from JJ.

Withhold sex

#5611 3 years ago

UM yeah NO! Not sure what your wives look like but when mine puts on even her most plain outfits on, I can't say no if she asks.

#5612 3 years ago

Does anyone have a link to new code update readme file?

#5613 3 years ago

Its on their website now:

V1.15 - November 2, 2015
==========================
- Default adjustments changed to reduce free game percentage
- Special Percentage and Extra Ball Percentage are tested before awarding from Mystery and pop bumpers
- Fixed issue: "Dump Audits" menu was non-responsive if no USB Memory Stick was inserted
- Save credits, adjustments, and audits immediately after Match completes
- Game Code Update
- At machine startup, if a USB flash drive is found that contains
any files that match *.spk or *.SPK, launch the Game Code Update application.
- Added sounds for "USB Device Inserted", "Update Complete", and "Update Unsuccessful"
- Perform a full factory reset immediately after successful code update
- Improved handling of USB read errors during game code update
- USB Game Update option removed from Utility Menu. Game updates should be performed
using the steps described above in "PINBALL GAME SOFTWARE UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS".
- Display "RESTARTING GAME" when game is restarted in software (for example, after a Factory Reset)
- Brightened Stern boot logo

#5614 3 years ago

when I took the tour (semi private) it looked to me, they can easily run three different machines at once. They had GOT pro and MMR on two different lines and what looked like enough space for a third tittle presumably GOTLE as they just finished it for expo. The next to take place, and assumed where MMR sat idle (waiting on parts as they didn't use Stern to supply ), was to be SMVE. What it comes down too, as I assessed as best I could, is labor The only variable of the equation that was impossible to guess.

#5616 3 years ago

From Stern's Facebook page:

Can't say they are not listening to feedback!

"Hey Everyone, Steve Ritchie wanted to share some updated Game of Thrones pinball information with you all so that you can have a clear understanding of the game as it currently sits as well as improvements that are just around the corner.

In the upcoming GOT PRO code release several issues will be addressed including:

- Iron Throne Super Wizard Mode Completed
- Toned down lighting brightness and adjust-ability
- Various other improvements and fixes, new animations and more
- Improved animations for Video Mode

We would like to discuss "Casual Mode" shipped default on GOT Pro machines and the rationale behind it. To an operator, time is money. You would be shocked at how many players have a difficult time even finding the start button, much less selecting modes on the screen. For this reason Game of Thrones comes out of the box with a default "Casual Mode" enabled. This is designed to eliminate confusion for casual players in route locations. During our testing and feedback we have gathered that this enables operators to make more money with the machines.

For intermediate and advanced players, you can simply hold down the action button for 3 seconds before starting the game to enable "Advanced Mode" which unlocks the full choices of strategy to the player. Additionally any game started within 10 seconds of an advanced game will automatically start in "advanced mode" again without you having to use the action button trick. Finally, for home use you can disable casual mode all together if you prefer from the settings where every game is in advanced mode.

Operators can also choose to operate GOT with the Casual Mode disabled. GOT LE and Premium models will be shipped with "Advanced Play" as the default setting. Casual mode can be enabled in the settings on these games.

New default left and right drain post settings have changed on Pro production GOT games. The left and right drain mini posts have been moved to the top hole of the three available holes on each side drain. If you are experiencing unwanted long ball times, move the drain posts up to the top hole on your games.

Game of Thrones features a first of it's kind breakthrough rule strategy that we are very proud of. This allows the player to advance through the modes using strategies of their own choosing that best compliment their play skills.

We are committed to code updates in a manner that is consistent with our game designers and licensees to provide the best possible experience for you as an operator, home owner or casual enthusiast. Expect the next update for Game of Thrones PRO to arrive soon.

Thank you for your support!"

#5617 3 years ago

With the LE games starting to come off the line, we will see the manual soon and hopefully get a better idea how the dragon is supposed to move and work.

#5618 3 years ago

The new Iron Throne wizard mode is very cool. Well integrated into the theme. Cool dots. Multi-stage. Although I didn't notice much difference in shots for each stage.

#5619 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

r wife to let you buy these machines?

Buy it for her for Christmas!

#5620 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Buy the pinball for her and when she goes nuts and says "what the hell do I want a pinball machine for?"
You say "sorry honey thought that's what you wanted, I'll go and get you something else after I get this machine out of your way, (into the man cave) I will do something about it when I get some time." as you married people know time is something that your wife fills up with crap she wants done so the machine will stay in your man cave! Happy Days!

#5621 3 years ago

This is how the conversation usually goes with my married friends:

Married friends: "Do you like your life the way it is?"

Me: "I love it the way it is!"

Married friends: "Then don't get married and don't have kids."

#5622 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

This is how the conversation usually goes with my married friends:
Married friends: "Do you like your life the way it is?"
Me: "I love it the way it is!"
Married friends: "Then don't get married and don't have kids."

They married the wrong person. Best thing I ever did in my life, and I wouldn't have the life I do (or be talking about pinball machines I own) if I didn't marry her. I feel sorry for your friends...

#5623 3 years ago

I love being married with kids. I mean, to each their own, but it's the opposite of a burden for me.

Hasn't stopped me from owning a bunch of games and working on mods, and hell, working on Alien for that matter.

#5624 3 years ago

I love being married, without kids.
My wife is Player 1 and loves playing pinball.

#5625 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love being married with kids. I mean, to each their own, but it's the opposite of a burden for me.
Hasn't stopped me from owning a bunch of games and working on mods, and hell, working on Alien for that matter.

My pinball time has sadly dwindled to maybe about an hour or two a week with two amazing young kids, an amazing wife, and a demanding job...but I wouldn't have it any other way. Family is what life is all about.

#5626 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I love being married, without kids.
My wife is Player 1 and loves playing pinball.

Are you a DINK? No wonder you have excess money for pinball.

(Dual Income No Kids.)

I'm a DIOK, one kiddo is enough for us. My wife trusts that I've got the bills paid and responsibilities looked after. When I told her there's a new game of thrones pinball being made, she wasn't surprised that I wanted one and didn't complane about it either.

I also bought her a new stand up paddle board and an iPad mini recently so maybe that greased the wheels a bit.

#5627 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

My pinball time has sadly dwindled to maybe about an hour or two a week with two amazing young kids, an amazing wife, and a demanding job...but I wouldn't have it any other way. Family is what life is all about.

I play every night after the kids go to bed pretty much, with occasional days off.

Somehow how I haven't managed to turn into Keith Elwin still, but I enjoy it!

#5628 3 years ago

Any idea when the LE's will be shipping out?
I really like this series and played the Pro during the Expo. This will be my first, and probably only LE, so you can imagine how excited I am. I do have a LUCI and it is the top pin in my collection.

#5629 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Any idea when the LE's will be shipping out?
I really like this series and played the Pro during the Expo. This will be my first, and probably only LE, so you can imagine how excited I am. I do have a LUCI and it is the Top Pin in my collection.

LEs are shipping out now, to Europe. Pics were recently on Stern's FB page this week. Domestic LEs go next, so if we're all lucky, we'll have ours by Thanksgiving. I think it'll definitely be a good Christmas, though!

#5630 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Ordered mine from JJ.

Not really a convincing type thing to be done as far as purchasing, just say hey i'm getting a new machine btw. Lol more of a "let me know" type deal. Never really understood the "i have to ask my wife" thing. I mean i wouldn't go out and buy a house without her but pinball is my hobby so i kind of do as i feel. Same way she does with stuff she likes

#5631 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

LEs are shipping out now, to Europe. Pics were recently on Stern's FB page this week. Domestic LEs go next, so if we're all lucky, we'll have ours by Thanksgiving. I think it'll definitely be a good Christmas, though!

I won't have pinball time during the Christmas holiday...only time for Star Wars cause I'll end up seeing it again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

#5632 3 years ago

Bring on my LE to N.C. in a hur-ry hahaha see what i did there <<<<<< so bored . lol

#5633 3 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

Not really a convincing type thing to be done as far as purchasing, just say hey i'm getting a new machine btw. Lol more of a "let me know" type deal. Never really understood the "i have to ask my wife" thing. I mean i wouldn't go out and buy a house without her but pinball is my hobby so i kind of do as i feel. Same way she does with stuff she likes

Can we clone your wife?

If this works, in a generation, 90% of all wives will be cloned.

#5634 3 years ago

I wonder why we haven't seen any video that shows the full potential of the dragon toy on the LE?

#5635 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Can we clone your wife?
If this works, in a generation, 90% of all wives will be cloned.

lol have at it hahahaha if you can get her to stay still long enough to do it hahaha

#5636 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm in the same boat. 2 young kids, amazing wife, and a very demanding job, plus building a custom house. Leaves little for pinball time. However, family is what life is all about the only thing really.

eabf21.jpg

#5637 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I wonder why we haven't seen any video that shows the full potential of the dragon toy on the LE?

From what I understand it's not coded yet.

#5638 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

How old are your kids? When they start sucking 20, 30,40k a year out of your budget for their activities and weekends are dominated by getting them to all their activities the balance changes a lot

#5639 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I won't have pinball time during the Christmas holiday...only time for Star Wars cause I'll end up seeing it again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

I have NO idea why you're not married.

#5640 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

How old are your kids? When they start sucking 20, 30,40k a year out of your budget for their activities and weekends are dominated by getting them to all their activities the balance changes a lot

Your kids suck 20-40k from your yearly budget???? How much do u make and what's your yearly budget ????

#5641 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Already have all that. Why I coach soccer.

#5642 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I play every night after the kids go to bed pretty much, with occasional days off.
Somehow how I haven't managed to turn into Keith Elwin still, but I enjoy it!

When my kids get older that's the plan...babies don't allow too many breaks though and that's the only window for one-on-one time with the wife too (after the kids are sleeping).

#5643 3 years ago

I play pinball with the wife and kids every day, kids are 5 & 8, I have found the more I play with them the more they want to play by themselves also (instead of gaming consoles). I have made them compete against their own best scores instead of each other and they remember what their best scores are, but when I have a bad one and they beat me they let me know about it lol. If the whole family can enjoy it, it makes it easier to get more pins! Trick is to get them all into it somehow. For my family it was the WOZ that made the difference as the others didn't get played but now they want to play them all and are looking forward to GOT LE, maybe not as much as me but it's coming without complaints!

#5644 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

When my kids get older that's the plan...babies don't allow too many breaks though and that's the only window for one-on-one time with the wife too (after the kids are sleeping).

Mine are 8 and 11, so they're a lot more self sufficient than a baby. Still require a lot of time, but it's way easier to find time when you're not kid-dedicated for sure.

#5645 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

Your kids suck 20-40k from your yearly budget???? How much do u make and what's your yearly budget ????

2 of my closest friends pay $24,000 per year just for day care.

My 2 NIB LEs that I bought this year cost a little over half...and they require no diaper changes.

#5646 3 years ago

Yup, daycare for our daughter was over $7k before she started school. Then add in food, clothes, toys, outings, and swimming lessons ect. Thank goodness she's outta diapers.

#5647 3 years ago

Kids definitely suck a ton out of the budget. If we didn't have kids and my wife was working, I'd be able to buy every NIB machine that came out.

That said, I would not trade my kids for all the pinball machines out there.

#5648 3 years ago

I played the GOT pro at the Dutch DPO.
And it looks great if it was a knight or medieval theme.
But it plays extremly well. i really liked it, wat a flow.
And not because Greg signed my Medieval Castle, i liked the game, buy it , play it, and get on with your life.

#5649 3 years ago

I forgot to say, iplayed whoa nelly with Greg and i loose.

#5650 3 years ago

Nice interview by a Chicago TV station posted on Stern's Face book page. Bunch of shiny L.E.s in background and foreground.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 11.95
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Akron, OH
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Madison, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 5686 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 114.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside