Topic Stats

• 5,686 posts
  • 582 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 521 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

12001015_10153582378859244_3992933764263989251_o.jpg
11990531_10153582382284244_7318290890868246345_n.jpg
11728915_10153582382399244_5905681936466426047_o.jpg
11168854_10153582382234244_5028358639296391042_n.jpg
12002237_10153580689264244_8221197678159527499_n.jpg
12003226_10153580689529244_2450094146579087675_n.jpg
12095309_10153092713692407_7146936834823691470_o.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

There are 5686 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 114.
#5551 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

So got to play a few games on it yesterday. Then a couple played it for about 2 hours straight and didnt let anyone else play so my friends and I used our quarters on other games waiting but alas never got to get back on it.

Is it considered bad form to put a quarter on the apron to reserve the next game these days?

game flows great as expected, but i felt the game was very "vanilla", as to say plan jane, just nothing to get excited about to shot for. As expected the theme integration is minimal. I think animated dots woulda looked better than the ripped clips you cant make out that happen so quickly.

I think the most you can do with new releases is to see if the art and general shots in the game are okay to you as the game can become so much better as the code develops.

I remember someone else saying it's best to wait until the game has developed enough to satisfy you before purchasing. Seems like good advice.

#5552 3 years ago

For whatever reason the one i played did not let you select your house at the beginning, it always selected house Stark, so that was a huge let down.

There's a "casual player" mode that's on by default on the Pros I believe, that takes away a lot of the "confusing" choices. I forget how you bypass it. You hold in both flipper buttons or something like that?

It's a neat idea, and I guess it has to be on by default to work, but word will need to spread about how to turn it off if you're a real player.

#5553 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There's a "casual player" mode that's on by default on the Pros I believe, that takes away a lot of the "confusing" choices. I forget how you bypass it. You hold in both flipper buttons or something like that?
It's a neat idea, and I guess it has to be on by default to work, but word will need to spread about how to turn it off if you're a real player.

On the 2 where we play league, that casual mode is completely disabled in the settings. It's under Adjustments/GOT adjustments/something something. The whole idea of it is lame.

#5554 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

On the 2 where we play league, that casual mode is completely disabled in the settings. It's under Adjustments/GOT adjustments/something something. The whole idea of it is lame.

My guess is they got feedback that it was too confusing to start a game by default. Given that the average "walk up and dump in a quarter" pin player has trouble with the concept of the start button, and plunging the ball, simplifying it makes sense. Even better, they made it an optional setting so home/tournament can easily disable.

Home and tournament aren't the only environment the pin will be played in, so I think it is a smart move personally.

Quoted from Aurich:

From the patch notes:

Holding the ACTION button for 3 seconds before starting a game will
allow the game to start NOT in casual mode if desired.

#5555 3 years ago

If the game is not in casual mode then an inexperienced player can put money in, push start and plunge the ball anyway. They just miss out on a feature. My understanding is that in casual mode, the game starts off in House Stark with Stark already completed. If that is true, then the player misses out on currently one of the coolest things in the game(Arya calling out the different people she's going to kill off). I can see both sides of the equation, I'm just not a fan of the whole idea.

#5556 3 years ago

I will have GOT LE at Lyons Classic Pinball as soon as it ships, (hopefully 2-3 weeks) . I would not let anyone monopolize the game especially on the first day it arrives .

#5557 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

And I'm sure all the home games will have it off too. But you're gonna find it out on route so might as well learn the trick to bypass.

#5558 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's a great innovation from Stern - should be in the other thread.

Assuming this will show up on future Spike games. I wonder if there's s way of knowing if it's activated before putting your money in and 'wasting' your first game? Or, for all GOT's on location, we need to hold down the button just in case.

#5559 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That's a great innovation from Stern - should be in the other thread.
Assuming this will show up on future Spike games. I wonder if there's s way of knowing if it's activated before putting your money in and 'wasting' your first game? Or, for all GOT's on location, we need to hold down the button just in case.

I think there's a message on the DMD that says hold the button down etc once you put your money in.

#5560 3 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

I will have GOT LE at Lyons Classic Pinball as soon as it ships, (hopefully 2-3 weeks) . I would not let anyone monopolize the game especially on the first day it arrives .

awesome news, I love your place, let me know when you wanna sell that whirlwind at osker blues (or any of those cabaret/minis for that matter )

#5561 3 years ago

finally played the pro today at pinball jones in fort Collins.

the shots are more fun then I imagined, the light show and color changing inserts are great.

got wall multi ball, started some kinda 'king' mode, lit the dragon house (the insert/house that isn't selectable vs dragon). I closed out 5 houses I think? got some great combos going, the game has the best flow I've ever encountered (no magnets and vuks).

few letdowns was the 'show' clips on the dmd, they seemed super distorted (reminded me of SM), low pixel quality. was cool to see the mammoth? clip come up. the 'video mode' reminded me of playing pitfall on Atari, but i'm sure they will update it.

The dragons wings flapping was cool, about what I expected.
got 980,000,000 on my 4th or 5th game I think, I can't wait to see what they do with the code.

overall the shots and depth of the code is already making this machine a combo monster. ball times are long, but it's refreshing as I enjoy the higher scoring system as well.

#5562 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

finally played the pro today at pinball jones in fort Collins.
the shots are more fun then I imagined, the light show and color changing inserts are great.
got wall multi ball, started some kinda 'king' mode, lit the dragon house (the insert/house that isn't selectable vs dragon). I closed out 5 houses I think? got some great combos going, the game has the best flow I've ever encountered (no magnets and vuks).
few letdowns was the 'show' clips on the dmd, they seemed super distorted (reminded me of SM), low pixel quality. was cool to see the mammoth? clip come up. the 'video mode' reminded me of playing pitfall on Atari, but i'm sure they will update it.
The dragons wings flapping was cool, about what I expected.
got 980,000,000 on my 4th or 5th game I think, I can't wait to see what they do with the code.
overall the shots and depth of the code is already making this machine a combo monster. ball times are long, but it's refreshing as I enjoy the higher scoring system as well.

The "some kinda king mode" is the Hand of the King mini wizard mode...very lucrative at this point. The main wizard mode Iron Throne...not so much.

#5563 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The "some kinda king mode" is the Hand of the King mini wizard mode...very lucrative at this point. The main wizard mode Iron Throne...not so much.

Yeah. I would say right now, hand of the king is comparable to Crank it Up. It appears to be about the same difficulty to get to depending on which houses you choose to complete. Maybe a tad harder to get to HOTK.

#5564 3 years ago

The LEs are now on the STERN factory line, I hope we will see more of the miniplayfield dragon soon.
I want to see what the dragon really can do.
And I think we will see dramatic changes in the whole lightning. One of the mini clips on the face book page shows a different start of the Black Water Multi Ball than we saw in the stream. And if you check in the code with pinball browser you see an archer that shoots an arrow up in the sky. In the miniclip the insert leds of the playfield are simulating an arrow shot. It was a surprise for me that this wasn't in the LE stream. So I think what we have seen so far was just a version of the pro code on the LE. And there will be a lot more when the code of the prem/LE is more finished.

#5565 3 years ago

What are the bin file sizes for these games, seems like nowadays memory is so cheap but Stern has been keeping the file size small leading to low res images more so than necessary back in the day when memory was expensive.

#5566 3 years ago

the kiss pro file is almost 1 GB !!!

#5567 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What are the bin file sizes for these games, seems like nowadays memory is so cheap but Stern has been keeping the file size small leading to low res images more so than necessary back in the day when memory was expensive.

Large file size is probably due to the entire OS and gamecode/sound/animation in the Spike releases, unlike with the SAM releases you just had the gamecode/sound/animation, plus the sound samples are much larger. When Stern goes to color they will be much bigger.

#5568 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The image resolution is low no matter what, has nothing to do with memory. 128x32 is extremely low rez. It's not great in full color, but you can make it work. But in shades of red? Very tricky, takes someone who understands pixel art. Metallica for instance was very well done. But digitizing video? Ooh, that's rough.

I'm gonna start a new thread and link it here, rather than burying something on page 112.

Edit: Here's the thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/understanding-dmd-resolution-with-visuals

#5569 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Played 2 different GOT pros today on location, both running v.1.10. BOTH games reset on me and it is at a specific time. Whenever the center ramp is lit for "choose your battle" and for whatever reason the lock fails to trap the ball. The ball is now in play with the selection screen on the DMD, the game will reset, EVERY time. I know this is early code, but Stern, please fix this!

Confirmed. Mine has the same issue and this is exactly how you reproduce it. The game has to think you're selecting a house and the ball be in play.

#5570 3 years ago

So there's gotta be some unboxing pics by now. Let's see it in your line up. Has anyone thought up a mod for it?

#5571 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

So there's gotta be some unboxing pics by now. Let's see it in your line up. Has anyone thought up a mod for it?

I thought someone was going to make a better looking castle?

#5572 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Maybe Stern will?

#5573 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Tim at Mezelmods said he's working on something to make it look good.

#5574 3 years ago

Is it that bad in person with background lights off, and pinball lighting on with full gameplay?

#5575 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is it that bad in person with background lights off, and pinball lighting on with full gameplay?

Actually, honestly, and as a vocal critic, no, it's way better in person.

I stand by a lot of what I said about GoT art, but it was shown in the worst possible light with those 3D renders. Just a horrible way to make a first impression. In person the castle is fine. It could be cooler, but it's not an eyesore or something you're going to constantly wish was nicer every time you look at it or anything.

#5576 3 years ago

I just setup my pro - I think the castle looks just fine. Pleasantly surprised!

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

#5577 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I just setup my pro - I think the castle looks just fine. Pleasantly surprised!

image.jpeg image_1.jpeg

lol for LE and PREM I think they are referencing

#5578 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

lol for LE and PREM I think they are referencing

Yeah, the Pro's door to nowhere seems silly, I'm talking about the upper playfield castle.

#5579 3 years ago

Yeah I'm pretty sure the pro doesn't have a castle. It has a floating door though. And yes your door looks very nice.

#5580 3 years ago

Anyone got new game play video, with the sound cranked up and no background noise etc?

#5581 3 years ago

Well, it's as much of a "castle" as the pro can get. It looks way better than what I was expecting from the early renders.

#5582 3 years ago

It looks fine and congrats on getting the pro. It doesnt look silly and serves its purpose. I havent paid it attention to be honest.
If it was any bigger people would complain its too much and gets in the way.

#5583 3 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Anyone got new game play video, with the sound cranked up and no background noise etc?

Yeah - looking forward to this! Stern has a couple of good Facebook LE videos from a nice angle, but one is short and the other has the audio overwhelmed by the Expo party music.

#5584 3 years ago

Hey, that's improved. The door to nowhere now has a roof. Much better than the original pics.

#5585 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Hey, that's improved. The door to nowhere now has a roof.

Every outhouse needs a roof.

#5586 3 years ago

The Sidework of the LE from the artists facebook page:Sideart Game of thrones.jpg

#5587 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

The Sidework of the LE from the artists facebook page:Sideart Game of thrones.jpg

That's some badass artwork! Makes me wish I could afford an LE

#5588 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That's some badass artwork! Makes me wish I could afford an LE

Makes me want to buy one side and put it on my METLE haha. That is just bad ass!

#5589 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Man that is HOT!

Ba da boom!

#5590 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, the Pro's door to nowhere seems silly

Well, you could argue that the door on the LE is not under the castle either Granted it is next to a castle but the door still goes to nowhere, unlike something like MM where the lock door is still under the castle.

I used to think that the door looked silly on the pro but the real one looks a little better than the rendering. In fact, everything looks a little
better compared to the first pictures, but it still not a beauty

Nothing terrible and off-putting , though. I guess it is about on par with other tv-movie license pins from Stern, when it comes to art

#5591 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

the real one looks a little better than the rendering. In fact, everything looks a little
better compared to the first pictures

Agreed, in person is much better than 3D renders. I guess that was probably done in the interest of time or something.

#5592 3 years ago

When do the LEs start production?

#5593 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

When do the LEs start production?

They are on the lines now

#5594 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

They are on the lines now

Nice, hoping to have mine for Thanksgiving weekend.

#5595 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Nice, hoping to have mine for Thanksgiving weekend.

Good luck, buddy. First Europe. Then me. THEN you.

#5596 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Good luck, buddy. First Europe. Then me. THEN you.

Who did you order yours from?

#5597 3 years ago

Tilt. And I was just kidding. I don't know jack shit about who's got what order in the queue. It'd be nice before Thanksgiving, but I'm starting to think Christmas is more realistic, and that's just fine with me.

#5598 3 years ago

I don't see anyone getting their premiums/le before Christmas. I was informed this week I won't even be getting my pro until the 3rd/4th week of Nov now . I ordered 1st week of October.

#5599 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I don't see anyone getting their premiums/le before Christmas. I was informed this week I won't even be getting my pro until the 3rd/4th week of Nov now . I ordered 1st week of October.

Let's make a gentleman's wager. I'm almost positive I'll have it by Christmas. There are only 700 LEs. They started making them Thursday, and not all of the LEs are sold yet to end consumers (distributors, yes...but I think Stern will work on making the games that are sold first). They claim to churn out a shit-ton of games every day (don't remember the exact number, but it was impressive), so using even conservative math--and with the LE being only one of the games they make every day--I'm sure it'll get done by the time Santa comes around.

#5600 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There are only 700 LEs. They started making them Thursday, and not all of the LEs are sold yet to end consumers (distributors, yes...but I think Stern will work on making the games that are sold first).

is this new? I had thought normally they do a pro run to meet all/most orders, then the premiums and le's follow? maybe I got bumped to the next run of pros?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 26.95
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,000 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Akron, OH
Machine - For Sale
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5686 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 114.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside