Topic Stats

• 5,686 posts
  • 582 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 521 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

12001015_10153582378859244_3992933764263989251_o.jpg
11990531_10153582382284244_7318290890868246345_n.jpg
11728915_10153582382399244_5905681936466426047_o.jpg
11168854_10153582382234244_5028358639296391042_n.jpg
12002237_10153580689264244_8221197678159527499_n.jpg
12003226_10153580689529244_2450094146579087675_n.jpg
12095309_10153092713692407_7146936834823691470_o.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

There are 5686 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 114.
#5501 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also, be ready for the LEDs in the flood lights on the slings to pop out like other games. How the hell has Stern not remedied this yet? Seems like a simple fix if you mess with it for a bit.

Funny as this happened to ours on route the first day. Op had to send over someone to get it out of the inlane so it could be played again.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

We had both GOT pro's reset more than once during our launch party, running v.1.02. We tried for several hours before the launch to update the code and completely struck out. We even tried 5 different thumb drives and 2 different downloads of the code. Anyone have similar problems?

We had this same problem. Just in case anyone else hadn't seen this in the other thread, the failed update was because the file is named incorrectly on Stern's website. It was missing an "_" so they game doesn't read it correctly. Once you rename it, it works fine.

#5502 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I am not worried so much about the code for GOT as I know it will come along. I am more worried about the mechanics and if shortcuts were taken on assembly as they did with KISS, granted I can fix pretty much any of the hardware issues, I just want this game to rock so I can make some nifty mods. With the negativity surrounding GOT I hope it is not a turn off for most people. Stern has an opportunity here to do something great with a show still airing, like adding full length dots clips from recent shows and such. I hope they take advantage of that aspect in near future

The "negativity surrounding GOT" is all vapor. Ignore the haters. The pin kicks ass and will sell big.

#5503 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

The "negativity surrounding GOT" is all vapor. Ignore the haters. The pin kicks ass and will sell big.

thanks for the positive input. I am in for a LE as I like upper play fields in games and being the LE has full size flippers this should be fun IMO

#5504 3 years ago

I've been in on an LE since day one. Huge GOT fan and I thinks the artwork on LE is awesome IMO.
No new pinball machine will please everyone, thankfully I'm one of the happy one this time

#5505 3 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Hand of the King has been completed and I believe the basic code for it is in there, but I'm not sure about Iron Throne yet.

Iron throne is there. Someone just got to it on twitch. I turned it off right when he started it, but it's definitely in there right now.

#5506 3 years ago

Today I called my distributor and gone back from the prem/pro to the LE. First when they anounced the game, I said I will take the LE unseen, after seeing the playfield I was unsure if this realy is about GoT, then I said I will order the Prem, but after seeing the gameplay of the pro I was unsure if the pro isn't enough for me. I even was in doubt if I should not wait for JJP3 or Ghostbusters with the LCD. The game is crazy expensive here in europe but I am a to big fan of GoT and Steve Ritchie to miss this pin. So today I looked at all the pictures and videos and went all in. Life is to short.
I hope I did the right thing!

#5507 3 years ago

The Pro is totally on my radar after giving it quite a bit of time at expo. Super fun game. I want to get it, but I know I need to save for the early 2016 release

#5508 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Life is to short.

How can buying a pinball machine ever be the wrong decision? Haha. Congrats!

#5509 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How can buying a pinball machine ever be the wrong decision?

Predator?
Magic Girl?

#5510 3 years ago

Those aren't pinball machines, they are vaporware.

#5511 3 years ago

These aren't pinball machines. They are ideas/lies.

#5512 3 years ago

Do people have machines already? If so, I missed that.

#5513 3 years ago

There was a picture from the pinball-universe facebook page that shows the backglas better than on other pictures. Looks great, way better than I thought before.

image.jpeg

#5514 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

There was a picture from the pinball-universe facebook page that shows the backglas better than on other pictures. Looks great, way better than I thought before.
image.jpeg

I still see the actors behind a fence every time I look at that.

#5515 3 years ago

The LE backglass looks much better in person.

#5516 3 years ago

Game of ones

#5517 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Fact: you ranted about Sterns weak code at time of game release.
Fact: Stern seems to have heard you, and have upped their game on this one.
Fact: You're still making trollish-comments.
I don't understand some people on here. Not just you, but there seem to be so many "pinball enthusiasts" who prefer to slam Stern, JJP, and anyone/thing related to this hobby.
I recently posted a review about GoT. There are some things about it that are nearly insulting in my opinion. On the whole though, the game is a lot of fun to play. I posted both sides of it and I'm still stoked to get one.
You, on the other hand, have complained about the high cost of new pins (nobody's fault but our governments, mostly) and that you won't be buying a GoT.
So why come back to spread hate, making negative trolling posts?

Blame the government now... Why? Because Americans want high salaries? Because the tax rate is high? I would hope Stern is a S Corp or partnership and the operations flow directly to the shareholder. Then due to new/heavy investments they have depreciation/tax shields to offset that income and cash wise Gary is doing just fine out there. What is our government doing wrong in the free markets?

#5519 3 years ago
Quoted from daveispinball:

Blame the government now... Why? Because Americans want high salaries? Because the tax rate is high? I would hope Stern is a S Corp or partnership and the operations flow directly to the shareholder. Then due to new/heavy investments they have depreciation/tax shields to offset that income and cash wise Gary is doing just fine out there. What is our government doing wrong in the free markets?

I just meant that the exchange rate (which is a 30%) price increase for us Canadians, has nothing to do with Stern increasing pricing. Only people you can blame for that is the economy.

#5520 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I still see the actors behind a fence every time I look at that.

I just see a row of dicks.

#5521 3 years ago

whats next after GOT for realz????

#5522 3 years ago

Who you gonna call?

#5523 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I just see a row of dicks.

Creeping me out man .

#5524 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Today I called my distributor and gone back from the prem/pro to the LE. First when they anounced the game, I said I will take the LE unseen, after seeing the playfield I was unsure if this realy is about GoT, then I said I will order the Prem, but after seeing the gameplay of the pro I was unsure if the pro isn't enough for me. I even was in doubt if I should not wait for JJP3 or Ghostbusters with the LCD. The game is crazy expensive here in europe but I am a to big fan of GoT and Steve Ritchie to miss this pin. So today I looked at all the pictures and videos and went all in. Life is to short.

There's no guarantees but I think you made the right decision. Like you said, life is too short.

#5525 3 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Creeping me out man .

Yeah I guess that didn't go over as well as I hoped... Was thinking more like the guys that see a dick on the LOTR LE and being sarcastic, just so ya know.

#5526 3 years ago

local joint is getting GOT pro today, gonna check it out after work

#5527 3 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Wear your sunglasses. Why do you think Jack Danger wears sunglasses when he plays that machine? The guy's trying to avoid retinal damage.

I say the brighter the better. You should be able to see it from satellites.

#5528 3 years ago

pinball jones? might have to head down.

#5529 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wear your sunglasses. Why do you think Jack Danger wears sunglasses when he plays that machine? The guy's trying to avoid retinal damage.

Actually its because there is a huge spotlight shooting on him to light him for the camera and its blinding.

#5530 3 years ago

Pinball exists to make us play and be happy. I don't think I've played a pinball machine that I didn't enjoy on some level. GOT definitely has had a rocky launch, but in the end, those who buy it will be happy. Nothing about the final pin is AS BAD as people initially thought.

I am itching for another pin and I thought GOT would be the one for me, but the two things holding me back are the screen and art. I feel we are SO CLOSE to all pins having amazing HD quality visuals and that is going to change the experience big time. Seeing scenes from the show as they were intended to be seen would make the integration 10x better.

Heck even though I LOVE my LOTR Color DMD, just imagine seeing those scenes from the film. Seeing Frodo running away from the spider, or each character crossing the bridge...then Gandalf himself falling and the emotion on Frodo's face.

Second is the art on the playfield. We stare at it the most and it should be epic. Stern art has been mediocre for so long and they've heard us loud and clear. Too bad GOT won't benefit much, but the future pins will take our cries into consideration.

I hope everyone who buys a GOT loves it. The code seems to be amazing. I can't wait to play an LE.

#5531 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Yeah I guess that didn't go over as well as I hoped... Was thinking more like the guys that see a dick on the LOTR LE and being sarcastic, just so ya know.

On the LotR LE backglass there IS a dick! It would be a huge stretch to see dicks on the GoT LE backglass.

#5532 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wear your sunglasses.

Good point.

Especially if you're accustomed to the murky GI from something like a WoZ.

wassup Boob!

#5533 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

pinball jones? might have to head down.

Yeah Kim told us at League last night shes getting it today. should be set up by the time they open at 1 but she said it'd be up and running today

#5534 3 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Good point.
Especially if you're accustomed to the murky GI from something like a WoZ.

wassup Boob!

Murky? Mine looks like a unicorn puked on it.

#5535 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I am itching for another pin and I thought GOT would be the one for me, but the two things holding me back are the screen and art. I feel we are SO CLOSE to all pins having amazing HD quality visuals and that is going to change the experience big time. Seeing scenes from the show as they were intended to be seen would make the integration 10x better.
Heck even though I LOVE my LOTR Color DMD, just imagine seeing those scenes from the film. Seeing Frodo running away from the spider, or each character crossing the bridge...then Gandalf himself falling and the emotion on Frodo's face.

I initially liked the LCD in WoZ a lot and I'm not at all against LCDs and showing HD video on them. But over time I noticed that I don't really care that much. You only see it when others are playing, I hardly ever look up to the screen when playing myself unless I've just lost the ball and I usually skip animations I've seen before.

Also I'm not to sure any more if a game like LotR would profit from an LCD showing movie scenes. The animations are tailor made and 100% spot on for the pins gameplay, I like that. On pins using real movie scenes for animations like GoT, TRON or SM I would prefer HD video over the monochrome mess we get, but then again I would prefer original animations over movie snippets that in most cases don't feel like a 100% fit to what's going on on the playfield.

Finally, while I do like certain themes more than others, I don't watch tv series and don't go totally crazy over movies either, so I enjoy pins not being to close to the movies/shows they are based on. GoT for me is just "a medieval fantasy pin", I leave the living room when my girlfriend watches it and I don't want to see that same sh.. when going to the gameroom.

ColorDMD showing original animations is the perfect solution for my taste, TBLs screen also looks pretty cool. Not as oldschool as monochrome, but not as oversized and over the top as a huge LCD playing HD video and showing tons of information you can just not grasp on a glance. TH's LCD looks like it will be drawing so much attention that it's competing with the action on the playfield.

#5536 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I don't think I've played a pinball machine that I didn't enjoy on some level.

Raven

#5537 3 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Also I'm not to sure any more if a game like LotR would profit from an LCD showing movie scenes. The animations are tailor made and 100% spot on for the pins gameplay, I like that. On pins using real movie scenes for animations like GoT, TRON or SM I would prefer HD video over the monochrome mess we get, but then again I would prefer original animations over movie snippets that in most cases don't feel like a 100% fit to what's going on on the playfield.

Dead on. I worry that as we move to LCD screens we're just going to get long video clips because they can, and not the short and punchy animations that a DMD shines with. No reason an LCD can't do the same thing and look even better, but when you have all these video clips lying around ...

Definitely a challenge for any movie-based game (and yes, that includes Alien before someone brings it up).

#5538 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Dead on. I worry that as we move to LCD screens we're just going to get long video clips because they can, and not the short and punchy animations that a DMD shines with. No reason an LCD can't do the same thing and look even better, but when you have all these video clips lying around ...
Definitely a challenge for any movie-based game (and yes, that includes Alien before someone brings it up).

That pretty much sums up what Lawlor and Gomez figured out with Pinball 2000 and why Gomez was so annoyed by what JPop was doing with his Star Wars Ep. 1 Pinball 2000 (i.e. showing long videos and making the player wait).

#5539 3 years ago

I don't need a big TV screen like woz, but color dots like the upgraded mmr display would be awesome on new sterns.

#5540 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is why I'm curious as hell for Lawlor's game. No video exists to draw from so it will be 100% custom animation and art. Has the potential to be awesome...

#5541 3 years ago

Yeah Kim told us at League last night shes getting it today. should be set up by the time they open at 1 but she said it'd be up and running today

Wednesday night leagues? What time?

#5542 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I hope you're right!! Unfortunately I am out on this one. I soooooo wanted it to be epic (I didn't care about exchange rate). It has just let me down too much. I'm sure it's fun to play, but it just doesn't do it for me (only my opinion, no hate).
I would love to see the numbers on sales. I wish Stern the best and I hope they continue to pump out games to appease the masses.
My fingers are super sore crossing them for Star Wars not to let me down!!!

BTW, did you know it took Andre 3L of vodka just to get a buzz!!! Jesus!!

#5543 3 years ago

Played 2 different GOT pros today on location, both running v.1.10. BOTH games reset on me and it is at a specific time. Whenever the center ramp is lit for "choose your battle" and for whatever reason the lock fails to trap the ball. The ball is now in play with the selection screen on the DMD, the game will reset, EVERY time. I know this is early code, but Stern, please fix this!

#5544 3 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Wednesday night leagues? What time?

7pm till close. We are only 3 weeks into it so you might be able to make it up if you join, not really sure how she runs it for late entrys (you may just forfeit those points), but we have a solid 20-25 people this season!

#5545 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Played 2 different GOT pros today on location, both running v.1.10. BOTH games reset on me and it is at a specific time. Whenever the center ramp is lit for "choose your battle" and for whatever reason the lock fails to trap the ball. The ball is now in play with the selection screen on the DMD, the game will reset, EVERY time. I know this is early code, but Stern, please fix this!

They are well aware. I'm sure it will be fixed on the next update. This is the exact instance that the one near me would reset too.

#5546 3 years ago

Heard this is fixed in 1.12 already

Quoted from chuckwurt:They are well aware. I'm sure it will be fixed on the next update. This is the exact instance that the one near me would reset too.

#5547 3 years ago

I played the pro today at my distributer and man its amazing, I racked up a high score on my first game, it flows great and has nice sound and lights, I was very impressed. I don't watch the show thus dropping big money on it isn't going to happen and while I know its tough to make judgment with limited plays first impression is that this is a fantastic pin. Honestly I was a little blown away, the display kinda sucks but there is zero time to look at it anyway, its like Iron man and StarTrek had a kid and he smokes crack, playfield looks good in person, for the me the cab is shit and backglass is terrible but that can be fixed with an alternate trans. I really can't remember the last Stern pro that left me feeling this excited after playing it. Looking forward to trying the LE but this is a serious machine.

#5548 3 years ago

The op near me got his yesterday. I got to the Iron Throne wizard mode last night, but it doesn't seem like it's all there yet. It starts as a multiball, but it seemed like the mode locked up when I drained down to one ball. The red arrows were lit for shots and I would combo the center ramp, left orbit a lot, but I didn't really get points for it and the same graphic was displayed on the screen the entire time. I did it on ball 2 and when I started ball 3, I was still in Iron Throne with the same problem. I just kept throwing it up to the pops to get my bonus x up as that was the only thing to award points. It sucked cause I couldn't really get much for points on ball 2 and 3 cause of it. Anyone know how it is supposed to work?

#5549 3 years ago

think I'm going to go play one today....I was going to wait until I picked mine up in the next week or so, but the suspense....the suspense...

#5550 3 years ago

So got to play a few games on it yesterday. Then a couple played it for about 2 hours straight and didnt let anyone else play so my friends and I used our quarters on other games waiting but alas never got to get back on it.

People who mentioned this game is bright are 100% right. It is way brighter than any game ive played, and some of the multi ball sequences burn your retina.

For whatever reason the one i played did not let you select your house at the beginning, it always selected house Stark, so that was a huge let down.

game flows great as expected, but i felt the game was very "vanilla", as to say plan jane, just nothing to get excited about to shot for. As expected the theme integration is minimal. I think animated dots woulda looked better than the ripped clips you cant make out that happen so quickly.

got a few different multi balls, beat a few houses, never really got into the game tho. only got to play 4 or 5 games, scored 260 million, which after watching those dead flip videos seems pretty mediocre.

I probably wont play it much except for league play or if someone wants to play a two player game of it with me. happy I passed on the NIB, will try an LE/Prem if I ever see one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 26.95
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5686 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 114.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside