image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 114.
#5351 8 years ago

Stern should have dedicated an area for this live play away from the bigger party going on. The audio experience sucks compared to the Pro game's Twitch session.

#5352 8 years ago

I think the upper playfield implementation is impressive. Full sized flippers, inlanes just requires you to make a handful of shots and it gets you back down to the main playfield wanting more. It's not timed like FG, and not a 2-shot sequence like TSPP. The Pro is going to be sorely missing it.

#5353 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I think the upper playfield implementation is impressive. Full sized flippers, inlanes just requires you to make a handful of shots and it gets you back down to the main playfield wanting more. It's not timed like FG, and not a 2-shot sequence like TSPP. The Pro is going to be sorely missing it.

Just doesn't seem like it plays much of a part in the gameplay though. I cannot tell what they are taking care of when they get up there and make the shots. I do like that the return is quick back to the left flipper if you let the ball just flow through the UP without flipping.

#5354 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Keep telling yourself that, but once you get time on the premium/LE there will be no going back IMO.

People say that about AC/DC and I say meh.
To each his own. We don't all have to drink the Kool-Aid

#5355 8 years ago

Man I love that Arya mode too. Hit the Ramos to call out all your foes then hit the loops to cash in all the people you've called out.

#5356 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Seeing the gameplay of the LE, the upper pf doesn't seem to be a big deal. Pro could be a solid option if you are looking to buy one.

Yeah - except the UPF isn't really the draw for me (for the premium), I just prefer that art package....

Frankly, after watching (albeit only a little), I could take it or leave it (the UPF). Im sure some more code (and actually playing it myself) could easily change that opinion though... it still seems like the game plays plenty fast enough WITH it.

Sadly, it looks like they put more effort into the dragon on the topper than the one on the UPF

#5357 8 years ago

That mini pf is bad ass! Yea it looks to be missing some code. But the ball returns are fast for a mini pf! And the play on it looks fun. I'm calling it now, this is gonna be one of, if not, the best mini pf's designed. And Dwights lighting effect of the dragon breathing fire is over the top kick ass!!!

#5358 8 years ago

GI lighting effects look cool. What does the dragon do over the pro dragon? I only see it flapping its wings, but I've been tuning in and out.

#5359 8 years ago

Classy jack danger. The more I watch that guy the cooler I think he is. But what a game from Robert 1.4 billion on a his second game.......wow.

Lightshow is incredible. In the tagaryian modes when you fight kalessi's dragon after each hit the leds are simulating a dragon shooting fire. Very cool.

Mini playfield doesnt look like it will slow the game or kill the flow

The black water multiball seems way too bright but it's suppose to be a crazy explosion so it's cool.

We barely saw the battle for the wall but it looked cool also.

Very fast pin, code will only get better with more dmd clips I hope cause some of them seems coming way too often.

Fans and people who are in won't be disapoint but I kinda have a feeling it's a pass for me even if I love the theme and the pin seems great.

To Jack Danger aka dead flip, From now on you need to host every single one of these lauch.

Loved the pro and this one you are doing an awsome job considering all the people the noise.

Respect

#5360 8 years ago

The live feed is such a pleasure, well done stern and dead flip! Roberts 1 bil game was impressive! He got winter is coming, hand of the king, and got to battle the dragons. The effects in the le are top notch.

#5361 8 years ago

Man is that boring music annoying in the background hahahahaha

#5362 8 years ago

I also think it was great that I was able to follow what was going on with the game because of being able to read that strategy guide before hand. Really made watching this that much more enjoyable.

#5363 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Yeah - except the UPF isn't really the draw for me (for the premium), I just prefer that art package....

You got me there. I would have to flip both first either way.

#5364 8 years ago

Should have fed band to dragon

#5365 8 years ago

Kudos to these guys for putting on a solid live webcast!

I only wish there was a way to NOT have so much of the screen real-estate pointing at the guys playing...

If they are going to do that, I suggest a a mixed crowd at least

Or, alternately, a camera looking "over the shoulder" would be nice, like above the players, pointed down 45-dgrees into the play field...

Im not to demanding, eh?

#5366 8 years ago

somebody get a Tyrion Lannister with a go pro mounted to a helmet for some sweet footage and good angles

#5367 8 years ago

Ok so just watched GOT LE for a while and I can tell you this. It looks super fun. I was a bit too critical earlier about the "skittles" lights and what can I say, after a day playing, it's grown on me. I definitely think this pin has great potential. I'm over bitching about things that won't change and want to just enjoy it for what it is. Personally, I think the PRO might even be the way to go. It flows and flows and flows. The upper playfield is cool, just not even sure you need it.

Overall, it's just super cool to see so many new pinball machines heading our way. It's different strokes for different folks. If you like a great flow game, GOT is for you. You may even be super satisfied with the pro.

My only advice for Stern is this: lighten up a bit. Everyone looks a bit nervous on their end. No need to be. They are showing pins that will ship in a matter of weeks. Over at the Heighway booth, complete opposite environment. Andrew is SUPER NICE and everyone is chatting having a good time.

I'm just happy we have options and I'm happy GOT is out there. I may not buy one, but I think those that do will have a fun game on their hands. Enjoy some pics of the game being set up.

IMG_3030.jpgIMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3037.jpgIMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3042.jpgIMG_3042.jpg

IMG_3045.jpgIMG_3045.jpg

IMG_3048.jpgIMG_3048.jpg

#5368 8 years ago

A video segment shot from a MUCH better perspective (as well as higher definition) of Dead Flip's game broadcast is available at:

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball

Really captures the game's visual experience as it should be! Now if the annoying party room audio was just gone so we could hear the game better!

#5369 8 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

And, as has been mentioned, there are adjustments for brightness.

There are? I haven't seen that mentioned, and I'm genuinely curious.

#5370 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just doesn't seem like it plays much of a part in the gameplay though. I cannot tell what they are taking care of when they get up there and make the shots. I do like that the return is quick back to the left flipper if you let the ball just flow through the UP without flipping.

Yes mini playfield doesn't even impede the flow of the game, the ball flows quickly up the ramp and drops into the playfield, hit the lit targets, and it flows back into play depending on the shot. If you watched the feed, you may have noticed it was possible to cradle a ball on the lower flipper while playing the upper playfield. Again, another amazing detail.

As to what the mini playfield adds to the rules, it's hard to tell. Stern has a track record of implementing gadgets on the LEs that don't add significantly to the rules or scoring, like the shaker playfield on TFLE, or hell on ACDC, but this is a whole different deal. I'm thinking that because the Pro doesn't have the mini playfield Dwight purposefully won't make it a substantial part of the game... and this is why I do not like Stern's policy of making 2 different game platforms. On the other hand, if Dwight actually makes it a substantial part of the game, I'll be very impressed, and consider they did it right. Let's see how it goes... fingers crossed!

#5371 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

If you watched the feed, you may have noticed it was possible to cradle a ball on the lower flipper while playing the upper playfield. Again, another amazing detail.

A great game feature no doubt, but not unique by any means. This is possible on Steve Ritchie's 2006 WPT as well.

#5372 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

A great game feature no doubt, but not unique by any means. This is possible on Steve Ritchie's 2006 WPT as well.

Yes, I think most multi-flipper games can do this, was nice to confirm GoT can as well. Just wait until micro switches start being used.

#5373 8 years ago

Did they show any footage of the "castle multiball" on the upper playfield? I'm curious if that "wall elevator" kicker starts a multiball on the upper playfield for that mode.

But, have a feeling like others have said the upper playfield isn't fully coded yet, which is why we didn't see any shots of the ball landing (and being ejected) off the iron throne?

#5374 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Yes, I think most multi-flipper games can do this, was nice to confirm GoT can as well.

Sorry - when you described this as an "amazing detail", I figured that it was a new feature for you.

#5375 8 years ago
Quoted from Jrnyman:

But, have a feeling like others have said the upper playfield isn't fully coded yet, which is why we didn't see any shots of the ball landing (and being ejected) off the iron throne?

I do feel it isn't fully coded, particularly Drogon because he didn't do much special. However, I did see the ball land on the Iron throne, it triggered the Mystery Selection screen.

#5376 8 years ago

I like that they had Robert play the game for the stream... so much better than watching everyone else hack away at it.

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Sorry - when you described this as an "amazing detail", I figured that it was a new feature to you.

Agreed, "amazing" wasn't the right word, in fact right after seeing my post I thought about removing it, but was too lazy to click the button

#5377 8 years ago
Quoted from netshark:

I do feel it isn't fully coded, particularly Drogon because he didn't do much special. However, I did see the ball land on the Iron throne, it triggered the Mystery Selection screen.

ooohhhhh ... so that's why they dropped all the lighting but a spotlight on the throne during mystery. Cool!

#5378 8 years ago

GOT LE gameplay video stream is archived here:
http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip/v/21034836

Gameplay doesn't actually start until the 16 minute mark.

#5379 8 years ago

I am very thankful for the stream. Game looks like it could be fun and good. But now I think I have to play it first before I will buy one. There is one thing that I thought will be way cooler. The dragon! It has a cool fiire breath effect but I don't see it more motorized than on the pro. And so I don't get the whole mini playfield concept. Yes it will have almost the flow of the pro and it's cool to have so much control up there. I just don't know if playing it will be fun to me or if the pro will be better for me. I wasn't in on the LE, have a prem on preorder and think I will cancel even the prem until we have seen more.

#5380 8 years ago

I played the pro a good amount yesterday. The dots and code are much further a long then previous releases. It was fun and flowed fast. There will be the same basic strategy as AC/DC, keep bashing the battling ram and go for it constantly in multiball for big scores. I will say the shots all felt too easy. They are all huge gaps. The inserts are huge and the lighting is really bright. Not necessarily a bad thing but it don't think it really fits the theme. The warmer looking LED's like what's in MMr would have been a better choice.

It's a fun game that I think people will enjoy but after playing a KISS pro right after it the KISS pro seemed to have a ton more going on. I think people will warm up to GOT and it will end up doing well, I'm interested to play the LE today.

#5381 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

the KISS pro seemed to have a ton more going on.

This is really surprising that you said this. Did they update the code on KISS? Last time I played it was still, pick a song, get love gun and demon as many times as you can. So much more to GOT as far as I can see. I'll play one soon enough, but definitely seems to have more going on than KISS.

#5382 8 years ago

The Dragon on the Pro/LE seems to act in exactly the same way. When I heard the dragon would flap his wings, I was expecting something a bit more dramatic Also, I think a lot of us thought the Dragon would be some sort of Bash Toy (ala Balrog). After seeing the LE and PRO, I have to say I prefer the PRO. It doesn't LOOK as cool as the LE, that upper playfield is sweet and big as hell, but the ball seems to travel more freely on the PRO. The most rewarding shot on this pin is the straight up the middle shot that loops around to the right. It's awesome. Collecting House Stark by shooting that shot over and over is TONS OF FUN. I also like how on the PRO the Dragon kick back really kicks the ball back at you with force. It's so dramatic. Love it.

For me, upper playfields work best when you're bashing something open. Like in WOZ and TBL. Guys, I don't know what to tell you other than I would go PRO and save a ton. I think you're gonna have just as much fun and even better flow.

#5383 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

The Dragon on the Pro/LE seems to act in exactly the same way. When I heard the dragon would flap his wings, I was expecting something a bit more dramatic Also, I think a lot of us thought the Dragon would be some sort of Bash Toy (ala Balrog). After seeing the LE and PRO, I have to say I prefer the PRO. It doesn't LOOK as cool as the LE, that upper playfield is sweet and big as hell, but the ball seems to travel more freely on the PRO. The most rewarding shot on this pin is the straight up the middle shot that loops around to the right. It's awesome. Collecting House Stark by shooting that shot over and over is TONS OF FUN. I also like how on the PRO the Dragon kick back really kicks the ball back at you with force. It's so dramatic. Love it.
For me, upper playfields work best when you're bashing something open. Like in WOZ and TBL. Guys, I don't know what to tell you other than I would go PRO and save a ton. I think you're gonna have just as much fun and even better flow.

After all the verbal diarrhea you've pit out in the last 24 hours, how is this supposed to be taken?

Are you bi-polar? Manic depressive? Or do you truly just type whatever comes to your mind without any thought process?

Yesterday the pro was a "yawn" today you had "TONS OF FUN" wtf

#5384 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is really surprising that you said this. Did they update the code on KISS? Last time I played it was still, pick a song, get love gun and demon as many times as you can. So much more to GOT as far as I can see. I'll play one soon enough, but definitely seems to have more going on than KISS.

You are correct code wise. They are pretty close but GOT has some more depth already. I meant more in the way of things to shoot for and cool affects. KISS has good art and just looks really nice. GOT is fast but with the really limited ball paths the code can only do so much. In the end the battling ram is going to be the most important thing to hit to get the multiplier but it is not satisfying like the bell on ac/DC.

#5385 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You are correct code wise. They are pretty close but GOT has some more depth already. I meant more in the way of things to shoot for and cool affects. KISS has good art and just looks really nice. GOT is fast but with the really limited ball paths the code can only do so much. In the end the battling ram is going to be the most important thing to hit to get the multiplier but it is not satisfying like the bell on ac/DC.

Okay cool thanks for the info.

#5386 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Yes mini playfield doesn't even impede the flow of the game, the ball flows quickly up the ramp and drops into the playfield, hit the lit targets, and it flows back into play depending on the shot. If you watched the feed, you may have noticed it was possible to cradle a ball on the lower flipper while playing the upper playfield. Again, another amazing detail.
As to what the mini playfield adds to the rules, it's hard to tell. Stern has a track record of implementing gadgets on the LEs that don't add significantly to the rules or scoring, like the shaker playfield on TFLE, or hell on ACDC, but this is a whole different deal. I'm thinking that because the Pro doesn't have the mini playfield Dwight purposefully won't make it a substantial part of the game... and this is why I do not like Stern's policy of making 2 different game platforms. On the other hand, if Dwight actually makes it a substantial part of the game, I'll be very impressed, and consider they did it right. Let's see how it goes... fingers crossed!

I agree, I like the looks of the premium with the full color changing inserts and the upper PF looks fun and I like that it seems to be easy for the ball to return to the main PF.

It seems to be an easy playing game (long ball times) like SM.

I'm worried that the upper PF would not get much code support, like AcDc where it's a fun distraction but not integral to the game rules or strategy.

My main take away, is that the upper PF does not slow down the flow.

My main concern, I'm not sure how well I like the role playing elements if that aspect will slow the game down, might be ok if you need a break in the action to take stock,of what's going on and what is best course of action. But as far as making the game stop and go that may be an issue. However it could be a good thing that is a mainly flow game like SM but with stop and go aspects like POTC.

I'm back on the fence. In my prior post where I listed my cons or why I was leaning away from the game, mostly now has to do with the aspects of me having so many games already and also me mostly wanting to see something different like JJP game and or Heighway game. It has less to do with me not likeing the actual GOT game.

However to the end of my days I will say the video game mode was a bad idea and poor looking and while I'm more anti video modes in pins (they take you away from the ball on the PF) and IMO are invariably cheap and poorly done and in this day and age when I can play games on my advanced computer phone, I have not desire to play a 20 second button mashing episode on a pin.

Just sorry that Stern elected to spend any code resources on a video mode which seems universally panned.

#5387 8 years ago

Where can I get my copyright money?

// Error: Image 464829 not found //

464088.jpg464088.jpg

#5388 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

After all the verbal diarrhea you've pit out in the last 24 hours, how is this supposed to be taken?
Are you bi-polar? Manic depressive? Or do you truly just type whatever comes to your mind without any thought process?

Sounds like he can't afford an LE and is justifying his reason to purchase a pro, but hey what do I know I am not a physciatrist about to be licensed in two states and completing my masters in Forensic psychiatry. Diagnosis: Acute Bi-polar with Dependent personality disorder, most likely stemming from parents.

Suck it up Kaneda and at least get the Premium. You will hate yourself less......LOL

#5389 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I will say the shots all felt too easy. They are all huge gaps. The inserts are huge and the lighting is really bright. Not necessarily a bad thing but it don't think it really fits the theme. The warmer looking LED's like what's in MMr would have been a better choice.
It's a fun game that I think people will enjoy but after playing a KISS pro right after it the KISS pro seemed to have a ton more going on. I think people will warm up to GOT and it will end up doing well, I'm interested to play the LE today.

This was my point when I counted the shots (6 on GOT pro) whereas on Met pro there is several more shots (not counting stand up or drop targets same loops and ramps but Met also adds mystery hole and fuel lain as well as snake in the same 2 flipper layout) so just by having less shots in the same amount of real estate the shots will be looser on GOT.

Not necessarily bad, as sometimes games with more shots may be too tight. But I do think this may be one of those deals where you can hit 20 ramps or loops in a row if you want to.

#5390 8 years ago

I don't know if I am in a minority but I like all the bright, flashing, skittle, in your face lights. With a shaker and sound cranked up, it really brings a theatrical experience. Of course, it all has to be done right to match gameplay.

I also noticed a few guys mentioning that their wives were really into GoT and that helped the purchase decision. I wonder if that will be a key in the success of this pin.

#5391 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I also noticed a few guys mentioning that their wives were really into GoT and that helped the purchase decision. I wonder if that will be a key in the success of this pin.

This is one of the biggest reasons why I am most likely getting this game. The wife wanted our first big purchase to be a game we both liked. So we are gonna play this a ton over the next couple months and make our final decision, but she definitely played a part in me wanting this pin more.

#5392 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

But what a game from Robert 1.4 billion on a his second game.......wow.

One could be set aback by this accomplishment. Even use the word EPIC. Fantastic effort there Robert.

#5393 8 years ago

Can someone upload the LE gameplay video to youtube? I can't watch the twitch video on my iPad, keeps giving me an error.

#5394 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Did it really take a whole 24 hours for the avalanche of completely contradictory rants? Lol.

Not sure if it's bipolar, I think it's just as likely he just wants the attention:

Make a (long-winded and repetitive) post on one extreme side of the argument to troll the folks on the other side and get some agreement from the other.

Then, when that starts to tail off, jerk the wheel in the opposite direction and troll the other side of the conversation. Bam, you now have pissed in everyone's Cheerios and elicit the maximum "attention."

Oh, one other item in attention-whoring strategy: after dropping some ridiculous comments, post like 20 comments that seem rational and even-tempered. This will help calm the waters before taking the next steaming dump in the forum.

Plus, I guess if you take every side of every argument, you're bound to be right once in a while?

I admit getting sucked in myself, and I found myself almost reflexively downvotibg his shtick. That was childish on my part and a waste of time. I simply opted for the ignore feature (for the first time, no less). Cleared a ton of stupidity out of the conversation.... Though I DO still see the aftermath of responses to "ignored user."

I hope 'ignored user' can get well....

#5395 8 years ago

I love how one isn't allowed to change their opinion on pinside. Once you say something you have to stand by that statement or else Lowepg will complain. I stand by my opinions of GOT. I had fun on it. Still think it's too colorful for the theme, but I got over that. Think the PRO is the way to go.

God, some of you guys who attack me, call me names, say I'm bi-polar, manic depressive really need to chill out. It's just pinball guys. Sounds like a lot of you who weren't even at Expo are just bored. Relax guys. It's just a pinball machine. Some will love GOT, some will not. Some have seen the show. Some have not. Good news is this: there are tons of great games for everyone out there.

Sorry I exist. But my mental health is just fine

#5396 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Can someone upload the LE gameplay video to youtube? I can't watch the twitch video on my iPad, keeps giving me an error.

Download the Twitch App on your Ipad

Open the App
Search for People
Type Dead Flip

You should be good to go

#5397 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm back on the fence. In my prior post where I listed my cons or why I was leaning away from the game, mostly now has to do with the aspects of me having so many games already and also me mostly wanting to see something different like JJP game and or Heighway game. It has less to do with me not likeing the actual GOT game.

I'm feeling the same way.

I'm not in a rush for GoT.... I will certainly wait to see a premium and a pro in the wild and play them myself.

I was so pumped for this theme, but, that's life. I will likely wait and see what comes next from JJP.

For me, it's not so much the money as it is the limited space. Every additional game I buy now means selling off an existing pin.... In the midst of all the GoT hype, I actually got to put a bunch of games on a TWD and that game is starting to grow on me. (Coincidentally, had same thoughts when it came out- great theme, hohum about the game at release).

But that's the sad math i have to do:
Not just "it is worth $xxxx", but is it worth replacing MB, or TSPP or TZ.

I think I'm going to finally get rid of my huge MAME box or Virtualpin, but that only buys me one more spot.

#5398 8 years ago

I heard that all show. More than the dollars it's the slot and is a game worth fitting in and moving something out over.
We are all saturated.
As for pro vs Le I think it's a personal choice.
Me, xmen ice ramp and met hammer block my game and I see the playfield in similar fashion. Not enough more fun in return for covering the entire left side.
At the same time the light show and playfield set up look amazing and do enhance the cool factor.
There is no wrong choice.
I was lucky to play the pro for three days and that makes the choice easy.

#5399 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I heard that all show. More Han the dollars it's the slot and is a game worth framing in and moving something out over.
We are all saturated..

Yes, and I'm jealous of the guys that are "saturated" with 10, 20, 30 pins. At my modest 4-5, every purchase feels like Sophie's Choice!

I'll have 2 kids moving from high school to college in the next 2 years.... Perhaps that will open up the space for more games.... Oh wait. Wtf am I thinking, I'll be lucky not to have to SELL games with 2 college tuition bills coming in!

#5400 8 years ago

Fiiiiiiinally got my first game on GoT at expo. Art be damned, this thing rocks! I got totally immersed in it from the first plunge.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.