image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 114.
#5301 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

\One thing is for sure, NOBODY is rushing to buy this pin. When the LE is shown tonight, I highly doubt checkbooks will be coming out. We're not stupid guys. We recognize great pins immediately. Since day 1 GOT has been a huge letdown. Don't blame me. I didn't make it

How in the hell do you know what people are buying and aren't buying? You have absolutely no inside information into how well this machine will sell. Stop making shit up to reinforce your opinion.

#5302 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Having played it, it is horribly bright. Blinding.
It's like the thinking was, make it as bright and shiny as possible and people will buy it.

I'm one those bright buyers. The more change rgb the better.im a sucker for toys,speed n lights.

If sterns misses the target with brightness or color display. They can change the code to get the right ambience out of the rgb.

GI lighting. The ones that fall out and end up in the ball trough. I leave out anyways

Down the road I really want to pick up a WOZ because of the great light show. I just holding back because it's a widebody and another hit home for theme might come out

#5303 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Played a bunch of GOT tonight. Left no real impression. It was ok. No shots were that interesting. My big issue was this. The rainbow light show. The skittles light show just makes no sense for a theme like this. And the light inserts just seem HUGE compared to TBL.

Huge inserts is Ritchie's trademark... It works ok in ST (if you overlook the giant phallus), but they usually feel oversized. It may have made more sense with incandescent bulbs but with the increase in brightness of LEDs it is no longer necessary. A compromise would be to have artwork over the inserts like IJ-W... I love that feature.

The skittles light show is what I always fear when someone converts a LOTR to LEDs... The good news is that it is fixable in GoT via software...the bad news is based on the colors of the house shields, I don't think anything will be done about it as they didn't come up with a cohesive color scheme as was done on LOTR.

Quoted from Aurich:

I think Stern's real stumble on this was showing that 3D rendered art as the reveal. It really amplified the issues. The first LE just rolled off the line, there wasn't time for real photography, so I get it. But still, it did the game no favors.

Actually I think that turned out to be a brilliant idea for Stern. They released a render, received feedback and were able to make changes as a result. The issues with art lacking emotion, and playfield art lacking thematic elements remains. I'm hoping they do a pre-release with a render for all future games.

#5304 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Are you comparing theme integration of a $4800 machine vs a $8k+ machine? Id rather buy two pros that are fun and play great than one $8k+ machine that I may never get. Just saying....

A machine "only" having an MSRP of $6000 is not an excuse for poor anything! Something like theme integration doesn't become better just by adding expensive things, it could've been done better even at the "budget" price of $6k. SS oozes more theme than almost any game and it has a fairly simple playfield.

I don't want to harp on GOT's art/theme anymore, but the last thing Stern should be getting is a pass because they make the cheapest NIB pinball machines. All of these are expensive, premium, commercial products, not crappy iPhone games.

#5305 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Kaneda put his finger on the one thing that's holding me back: the intense and brightly colored inserts. I can mod the GI, but the insert lighting is what it is. I will probably pick up another 90's title and pocket the $2k difference.

On the SPIKE system can you adjust the overall brightness level of the inserts or GI through the settings?

#5306 8 years ago

2 words come to mind when considering the artwork and intergration and all the negativity. Iron Man

#5307 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

2 words come to mind when considering the artwork and intergration and all the negativity. Iron Man

Agreed, GoT Pro is a lot like Iron Man in layout and flow, with slightly better art and rules. I briefly considered "trading up", but the magnets on IM are awesome, and the music and explosions never get old.

#5308 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

We recognize great pins immediately.

This is just 100% not true. Iron Man, among others, took years to become a favorite. You own one LOTR that you didn't buy NIB so I am not sure how you are coming to this conclusion. Here is the workflow on Pinside for a new Stern pin:

#1) OMG I heard its theme 'xyz'. Totally trusted source. You guys are going to hate it no one likes 'xyz' anymore
#2) Pin is announced as theme 'abc'
#3) OMG pin 'abc' looks so cheap no one will buy it.
#4) Pins sell out from most distributors first year after word of mouth and people actually play it on location
#5) Code gets finished and gameplay matures
#6) OMG LIONMAN / TRON /WHATEVER
#7) WHEN IS STERN GOING TO RERUN 'abc' WE NEED VAULT

#5310 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

And nobody cares if you'll buy this pin.

I'm another "care bear" Anyone who is smart enough to make a good living, should be smart enough to properly assess a pinball machine. I really wanted to like this pin but who wants to buy a high end toy that has a higher ratio of dislikes vs. likes..?

#5312 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Left no real impression.

Kaneda, I'm going to say this. Thanks for the review of the game now that you have played it.

#5313 8 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I'm another "care bear" Anyone who is smart enough to make a good living, should be smart enough to properly assess a pinball machine. I really wanted to like this pin but who wants to buy a high end toy that has a higher ratio of dislikes vs. likes..?

Agreed. Asses it yourself. His purchase or non-purchase should be completely irrelevant.

#5314 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

One thing is for sure, NOBODY is rushing to buy this pin. When the LE is shown tonight, I highly doubt checkbooks will be coming out.

I am rushing to buy this pin.

Simply waiting to see video of how the upper pf impacts the game to decide which version. I watched a 30 min video of live game play and read the guide on the rules and feel it has good theme integration, good flow, and interesting rules.

#5315 8 years ago

Agreed. Asses it yourself. His purchase or non-purchase should be completely irrelevant.

I will if I can ever find an LE/premium since the pro is basically a different machine.

I really don't care what he buys or doesn't buy....his opinion is just one more marble in my NO bag and right now my NO bag is quite a bit heavier than my YES bag....even if all of you still think he's a D bag...

#5316 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

One thing is for sure, NOBODY is rushing to buy this pin.

LOL. Everyone was queuing to play that game during the EPC2015. Among them a bunch of extremely good / experienced players.
Most people were positively impressed by this game.

I enjoyed it a lot too (except the video mode, as everyone).

#5317 8 years ago

Not getting into judgement in any way. I'll be labelled biased as a dealer regardless. But, the general statement bright pins don't sell is flat wrong. There are far more buyers who prefer lighting effects and overall brightness to those who want old school type lighting. And, as has been mentioned, there are adjustments for brightness.

#5318 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

One thing is for sure, NOBODY is rushing to buy this pin.

Whelp, that's a lie.

I went today and put down a 50% deposit for the premium game. I hope to have it before Christmas.

Kaneda- this is my problem with you. I find myself agreeing with some of the things that you say, hell, I've even almost given you a thumbs up before (maybe I have already). BUT then you go and make some random off the cuff comment that is complete bull shit. The moment you say something stupid like that, is the moment that everything else you've just said looses its credibility. How can I believe anything you say, when you regularly say unbelievable things.

But I digress.

I'm not to worried that GoT will be to bright for my tastes. The 1st thing I did with F-14 when I owned one was install coin taker super bright led's. I really do feel that the mini Playfield and full rgb lights will be worth every penny. I've studied the Playfield pics throughly and think I've got a good idea what's going on. This game will play great. Wait and see. I bet the video online tonight will sell a lot of people on this game. That strategy guide really sold me on this game.

#5319 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I went today and put down a 50% deposit for the premium game.

If you don't mind sharing, I'm curious as to your motivation for putting a deposit down now on a premium before waiting to see how it plays at EXPO.

#5320 8 years ago

I'm a big sucker for mini playfields. I would be satisfied with a pro game, I've seen enough of it to know that is going to be fun for me. Many people have said the pro is too stripped down for them, or its to much like game x in their collection, but those arguments don't work for me. I think the pro has enough exciting gameplay elements to appease the masses and it will mature into an all around good pin.

That said; I'm a sucker for mini playfields and gimmicks. I haven't seen the game play of the LE yet, but I'm pretty sure I've got it figured out flow wise. I think the mini Playfield/throne ball lock will be a fun component to add to the pro rules. Im betting that the premium game will be worth every penny. I'm a big game of thrones fan, but don't see the added value in an LE purchase.

This is my first NIB game and I live about an hour from the distributer. I really wanted to talk face to face with someone and ask a couple questions. Today I had some time to kill, so I went Toronto and decided to get my deposit down. Why 50% down? Just cause it was cash onhand from selling other games.

#5321 8 years ago

Must have missed this but I see the LE also got the adjusted pf art behind the banners

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#5322 8 years ago

This is my first NIB game and I live about an hour from the distributer. I really wanted to talk face to face with someone and ask a couple questions. Today I had some time to kill, so I went Toronto and decided to get my deposit down. Why 50% down? Just cause it was cash onhand from selling other games.

Okay, thanks for sharing.

#5323 8 years ago

How in the hell do you know what people are buying and aren't buying? You have absolutely no inside information into how well this machine will sell. Stop making shit up to reinforce your opinion.

Give him a few hours and he'll flip-flop and say it's the most highest rated game ever.

Sometimes I think he even trolls himself...

#5324 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Agreed, GoT Pro is a lot like Iron Man in layout and flow, with slightly better art and rules. I briefly considered "trading up", but the magnets on IM are awesome, and the music and explosions never get old.

LOL. I like your optimism, but I wouldn't call it "trading up". IM is perfect. Or maybe I'm missing your sarcasm.

I'm optimistic about GOT, too. Especially the Prem/LE. Looking forward to tonight's reveal.

#5325 8 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

What value do likes and dislikes have at this point when 99.9% of us have yet to see or play the pin? And how does 1 GUY "properly assess" something as subjective as pinball? Often times one man's favorite pin is another man's least favorite.

And don't listen to the mob, especially at this stage.

#5326 8 years ago

everyone at the expo that I have spoken with/emailed say the pro is 'fun' with lots of room for code improvement/...................scratches head.

#5327 8 years ago

I'm a big sucker for mini playfields. I would be satisfied with a pro game, I've seen enough of it to know that is going to be fun for me. Many people have said the pro is too stripped down for them, or its to much like game x in their collection, but those arguments don't work for me. I think the pro has enough exciting gameplay elements to appease the masses and it will mature into an all around good pin.
That said; I'm a sucker for mini playfields and gimmicks. I haven't seen the game play of the LE yet, but I'm pretty sure I've got it figured out flow wise. I think the mini Playfield/throne ball lock will be a fun component to add to the pro rules. Im betting that the premium game will be worth every penny. I'm a big game of thrones fan, but don't see the added value in an LE purchase.

The question is will u buy the topper for it?

#5328 8 years ago

I'm warming up to got pro. It's not worth the price imo; but I am warming up to it.

#5329 8 years ago

I must admit I found the lighting on WOZ a bit too bright at first and even lost sight of the ball due to "Simpsons" style epileptic bright flashing lighting but you do get used to it and become to enjoy it like multi or extra ball light show. I believe this won't be an issue after quite a few plays but I'm sure they will also make a way of adjusting it to your preferred liking, seizure inducing or not

#5330 8 years ago

Anyone has the direct link for jack danger 21h30 tonight ?

#5332 8 years ago

Count me in the camp of "rushing to buy this pin"! I put a deposit down with Trent weeks ago for a premium. Why before playing? From what I've seen in video of the pro It looks like a fun game and the theme is A+++ for me AND my wife. Hard to find a theme I can get my wife excited about! And I think it's not that speculative to say the LE/Premium will be even more fun than the pro. This is only the second time I have ever bought a pin before playing. The other was Austin Powers so I am 100% convinced that this will go better than that did.

To Kaneda: All games can't be LOTR!

#5334 8 years ago

I'm happy to hear people's opinions who have played the game. But, I know that the only opinion that really counts is my own. Luckily, a local place is getting a Premium and another place is getting a Pro so I will have a chance to make an informed decision before buying.

As to the opinions expressed, I don't think playing a limited number of times is enough to draw any conclusions. The rule set looks complex and with many dimensions. There is no way that code could have been fully explored in just a few plays. I'm guilty of drawing conclusions myself. I didn't like WOZ after my first few games. I thought it was dazzling bright and kind of boring to play. I also had relatively short ball times, which always puts me in a bad mood. But, I went back enough that I started to really appreciate the game and the light show. Now, I think it is one of the most beautiful games out there, and I really like the way it plays and all the different ways there are to play it.

GOT still looks very promising to me. The live stream tonight will be enlightening. But, there is no substitute to playing the game myself and forming my own opinion. I just hope that I have a chance to form an accurate opinion before wasting too many dollars.

#5335 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The other was Austin Powers so I am 100% convinced that this will go better than that did.

Lesson not learned, eh? (said jokingly)

Edit: I'm sure it will work out better than my Predator pre-order.

#5336 8 years ago

I rushed as well, bought the LE from Cointaker, no regrets!

#5337 8 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

I rushed as well, bought the LE from Cointaker, no regrets!

Yeah but you buy every LE, even WWE LE

#5338 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

To Kaneda: All games can't be LOTR!

Not with that attitude!

#5339 8 years ago

Put 10 games on it. The game is very fun to play. The ramps feel great! Dragon kicker sometimes tends to go sdtm some of the time which is annoying. Rules are great already with lots of strategy needed to score big by stacking battles with multiball. I love that it gives you the option to pass on battles. Also collecting gold and being able to buy things with it is really cool. I really like the pro so far and I'm wanting to play a premium. I may need to buy both!

#5340 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

What value do likes and dislikes have at this point when 99.9% of us have yet to see or play the pin? And how does 1 GUY "properly assess" something as subjective as pinball? Often times one man's favorite pin is another man's least favorite.
And don't listen to the mob, especially at this stage.

Hey I can still be flipped the other way...I just meant his vote carried a little more weight because he played it...I guess i'll just have to make the drive up and play yours someday...I'm up to date on my C.A.R. & metro list dues...

#5341 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

The question is will u buy the topper for it?

I think their topper looks great, I'm sure other better options will become available in time. This game will probably get a lot of mods made for it.

Will I buy the topper? nope. I'm pretty sure it won't fit in my bsmt. I had about 1" clearance on F-14 and this looks taller.

#5342 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yeah but you buy every LE, even WWE LE

#5343 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Tonight at 9:30.

#5344 8 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

image.jpg
Tonight at 9:30.

What's the link again?

#5345 8 years ago

here we go....refresh, refresh, refresh.....

#5347 8 years ago

Wow- that UPF just looks HUGE to me....

Maybe it's the top-down angle... That angle also makes it hard to see what (if anything) that dragon is doing...

#5348 8 years ago

Seeing the gameplay of the LE, the upper pf doesn't seem to be a big deal. Pro could be a solid option if you are looking to buy one.

#5349 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Seeing the gameplay of the LE, the upper pf doesn't seem to be a big deal. Pro could be a solid option if you are looking to buy one.

Keep telling yourself that, but once you get time on the premium/LE there will be no going back IMO.

#5350 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Yeah I really cannot tell what they were trying to accomplish when they were up there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.