image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 114.
#5151 8 years ago

what is the orange around the trees?

#5152 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The cabinet art on the Premium is fantastic.

Its better... but.... too much Jon Snow for my tastes....

I know everyone LOVES him- but I found him to be boorishly self-pitying or brooding most the time...

Perhaps they will do an "All Women of GoT" rerun (ala Luci)

#5153 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

what is the orange around the trees?

The biggest fire the north has ever seen!

#5154 8 years ago

Ben? Nice to meet you. Victor Hugo.

#5155 8 years ago

If I was going to create an alternate translite (for myself), these are the elements I'd try to include:

Arya stabbing someone with "Needle"
Ghost (direwolf) lunging at someone's throat
Tyrion in battle armor
Ygritte shooting an arrow
The giant holding up the gate in the wall

Of course there's a ton of source material for "R-rate" translites, but that's not happening for me.

#5156 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Jody confirmed that's the case on Coast2Coast Pinball. Listen here, it's at the end:
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-200_60351
It's worth listening to if you're curious. I thought Jody did a good job explaining things.
I believe though that Mustang Premium had a unique playfield, it was the Boss edition right?

Funny you bring up that podcast as I've been in the process of listening to it, only at the 15 minute mark though. You are also right about the Boss Premium, I forgot about that one.

Makes me wonder if there are a lot more orders for Premiums then LE's due to the revised art package. I'd be ordering the Premium over the LE even if they were the same price. I can live without the LE armor but I want that darker Premium playfield and art package vs the light sand desert theme on the Pro/LE.

#5157 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If I was going to create an alternate translite (for myself), these are the elements I'd try to include:
Arya stabbing someone with "Needle"
Ghost (direwolf) lunging at someone's throat
Tyrion in battle armor
The giant holding up the gate in the wall
Of course there's a ton of source material for "R-rate" translites, but that's not happening for me.

Need a hug or just stuck in traffic?

#5158 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

If thats really the case- then this would certainly have the potential of being "the best of both worlds" when it comes to the love-hate relationship some have with mini-playfields slowing the game....
REALLY looking forward to the LE gameplay video...

I wouldn't doubt that you will be able to let the ball roll down the upper Playfield fairly quickly. The moon door looks to have high sides to prevent balls from jumping out. Also, do you remember Steve Ritchie during the pro models live gameplay? Every time the video mode came up he stressed the point that you could "skip it, if you don't like it". I wouldn't doubt that he took that same logic to the other major element in the game that would kill the flow. Incorporate a "just let it roll through" mentality to a the haters.

An all around "best of both worlds" situation. I foresee that this game will be a classic. It keeps getting better. I can't wait for the LE gameplay.

#5159 8 years ago

Looking again at the pics of the Premium/LE, it looks like if you hit the ball up the ramp to the mini playfield, the normal course of travel would be behind the dragon, almost like a mini orbit, and then straight to the moon door and back to the lower left flipper. It looks like there might be a diverter to send the ball to the upper right flipper at times, or perhaps you just hold the upper left flipper up to stop the ball from going through the moon door. I guess we'll know for sure in a few days. I have to say, the mini playfield looks like it has a lot of potential to me.

#5160 8 years ago

After reading many of these posts and seeing all the available pics, I remain most interested in the premium/LE and am really looking forward to seeing gameplay on the LE next week. If they get the rules and flow on par with MET or ACDC, this will be a really fun pin and will sell very well. Just sucks to be in Canada due to the foreign exchange where this will set us back in the $10k CDN range.

#5161 8 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

After reading many of these posts and seeing all the available pics, I remain most interested in the premium/LE and am really looking forward to seeing gameplay on the LE next week. If they get the rules and flow on par with MET or ACDC, this will be a really fun pin and will sell very well. Just sucks to be in Canada where this will set us back in the $10k range.

I feel your pain lol but if not now we will have a chance later. Exchange rate will move to help us. Code will be complete and if it's a huge success they will do just like AC/DC, MET, Tron and IM.........flood the market with wave after wave of GOT. Still a great chance for us to get that minty NIB smell on this one

#5162 8 years ago
Quoted from netshark:

» YouTube video

Good catch, I did not notice that orange before above the forest. I like the premium even more

#5163 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I feel your pain lol but if not now we will have a chance later. Exchange rate will move to help us. Code will be complete and if it's a huge success they will do just like AC/DC, MET, Tron and IM.........flood the market with wave after wave of GOT. Still a great chance for us to get that minty NIB smell on this one

Agreed- but if the premium-LE rocks, it will be tough to be patient and wait the potentially many months it might take before either the fx changes in our favour or one locally comes available for a decent price. I know, first world problems, but this has been a dream theme of mine from the outset.

#5164 8 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Agreed- but if the premium-LE rocks, it will be tough to be patient and wait the potentially many months it might take before either the fx changes in our favour or one locally comes available for a decent price. I know, first world problems, but this has been a dream theme of mine from the outset.

A true fan, I feel your passion. Pretty sure if you are into it so much you can manage then. If it's a dream of yours it's only money.

Life is short my friend. This year my family is having a terrible year. Son got sick, better now. I got sick, still in remission. My grandma is unoperable...a fee weeks to live and my father broke the news 2 days ago....cancer him too.

It's hard to keep Faith sometimes but gotta keep fighting

Shit I deserve that pin lol

#5165 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

A true fan, I feel your passion. Pretty sure if you are into it so much you can manage then. If it's a dream of yours it's only money.
Life is short my friend. This year my family is having a terrible year. Son got sick, better now. I got sick, still in remission. My grandma is unoperable...a fee weeks to live and my father broke the news 2 days ago....cancer him too.
It's hard to keep Faith sometimes but gotta keep fighting
Shit I deserve that pin lol

Aw, dude- sad news. Hang in there and have faith that things will get better. This is just a hobby; and both family and health trump buying a pin. My thoughts will be with you.

#5166 8 years ago

It's all good we will get over this. You got me at a soft moment, just had thanksgiving diner all together tonight.

#5167 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Really unbelievable - you're dismissing something that no-one has seen in action yet and no-one knows how it will work in the game.
You could maybe at least wait until some information about it is released before just bashing everything you don't understand.

Yeah.....

Cause when we start to play due to some miracle the ball scips the upper playfield when you shoot it.

Zzzzzz....

The lay out is there, wont change. You can like it or not. Dont need playtime for that.

Dont like it on woz, dont like it on wwr, and dont like it here.

And i am sure many will agree when they have played 5 games.

#5168 8 years ago

Why are you ALWAYS so negative?
And seriously: without ever having played the pin, you know better than Steve Ritchie?

Get over yourself.

#5169 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Why are you ALWAYS so negative?
And seriously: without ever having played the pin, you know better than Steve Ritchie?
Get over yourself.

He seems to do this with every new Stern. I wonder if he even owns a Stern?

#5170 8 years ago

Just confirmed the Ignore feature works great!

#5171 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

He seems to do this with every new Stern. I wonder if he even owns a Stern?

I dont like the lay out, thats is. All those childish downvote stalkers need to grow up. (For 2 years now i have the same groupe of downvoters who stalk me. That suppose to be adults.....)

And no, i dont say it with every stern. I like acd en met very much.

So, you are wrong about that. You just made that up.

And you wonder of i have a stern? Why? "Even"???? People without sterns have no say?

#5172 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Yeah.....
Cause when we start to play due to some miracle the ball scips the upper playfield when you shoot it.
Zzzzzz....
The lay out is there, wont change. You can like it or not. Dont need playtime for that.

Why don't you play 5 games before judging it lol.

#5174 8 years ago

All those childish downvote stalkers need to grow up.

Yes, sure it's childish to vote someone down who criticised and bashed something, that he has never tried out before? And nobody here had. You don't like the WOZ mini playfield? That's ok. You don't like other mini playfields? Ok too. Not every mini playfield is fun and for everyone. And if you just THINK this will play out the same and you write this, nobody would give you a downvote. "Zzzzzz....The lay out is there, wont change. You can like it or not. Dont need playtime for that."
Perhaps you can tell me more about the layout please?
For me this one doesn't look like any mini playfield I have seen before and I can't wait to see how it will work. I don't know if I will like it or if you will like it. Perhaps it's boring as hell and nobody here will like it. But how can you tell it????
Have you played it so you can judge it already?
So can you please enlighten us how it will work?
Do you have to play it everytime the ball goes up there? What will the motorized dragon do? What are the flooting lights? Where are the three exits on this thing? How much of control will you have? How smooth will it be integrated in the gameplay? How will the ball travel if you shoot under the dragon?

As long as you can not tell us more about it. I think your post was one of the most childish posts I read here and that's why you got so many downvotes for it.

I am not sure how the gameplay will be on the miniplayfield but I think if you do nothing it will be bypassed like it is not there. I think the lightning of the mini playfield will be something special we haven't seen anything about it so far. But I think the thin cheap looking plastic walls are there for a reason. Perhaps this thing will look cool like it's exploding from the dragonfire. And I hope the motorized dragon toy will be more interactiv and move in sync with the dmd animations. So it will be somekind of moving target like a mini version of the bdk crane or the buck on bh. What we have seen so far is that the flippers on the mini playfield will give the player untypical for a mini playfield more ball control than usual. And I think this will be needed. For me this looks not like a normal simple miniplayfield, it looks like a cool epic battle field And the U turn on the left side makes it even more interesting. But still, before we have seen more it's way to early for a judgment.

#5175 8 years ago

I dont like the lay out, thats is. All those childish downvote stalkers need to grow up. (For 2 years now i have the same groupe of downvoters who stalk me. That suppose to be adults.....)
And no, i dont say it with every stern. I like acd en met very much.
So, you are wrong about that. You just made that up.
And you wonder of i have a stern? Why? "Even"???? People without sterns have no say?

See, I was thinking that GoT may be very similar to ACDC, with 2 ramps, 2 orbits, a battering ram (the bell shot), and mini playfield. We already know the Pro is fast, so there are more than a few similarities.
Ritchie's games typically flow well and play fast. I expect this one will as well.
People complain about the mini playfield in ACDC being poorly incorporated, or that they want it active when multiball starts. That could very well be what Ritchie has improved upon this time around.
Fingers are crossed. Payment has already been made.

#5176 8 years ago

For those who don't listen to Coast2Coast, Jody D said on the podcast that almost all the shots on the Pre/LE play just like they do on the pro, with the ADDITION of the mini playfield. He also said that even if you could keep the ball in the mini playfield for a long time, you wouldn't want to. He said you want to get up there and complete what you need to do, then get back down to the main playfield.

#5177 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

For those who don't listen to Coast2Coast, Jody D said on the podcast that almost all the shots on the Pre/LE play just like they do on the pro, with the ADDITION of the mini playfield. He also said that even if you could keep the ball in the mini playfield for a long time, you wouldn't want to. He said you want to get up there and complete what you need to do, then get back down to the main playfield.

Wow. That's really encouraging. I hope that's the case. Sounds like the mini playfield might add more without taking a whole lot away. Good to hear.

#5178 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

An all around "best of both worlds" situation. I foresee that this game will be a classic. It keeps getting better. I can't wait for the LE gameplay.

I hope you're right.

It certainly is LOOKING like it could be a very fun game to play....(more so than to look at ).

As far as a classic? I tend to think the lackluster art will be the weakest link in this particular title. It's too bad too, becuase, when you look at what appears to be great gameplay, one can only wonder "What could have been" had Stern not "mailed it in" on the playfield....

Still anxious to play one!

I'm hoping Flippers in Grandy, NC has an early order in!

#5179 8 years ago

Yeah.....
Zzzzzz....

#5180 8 years ago

Yeah.....
Zzzzzz....

Who's to say the upper flippers wont be disabled at times so that the ball can flow smoothly back to the flippers as if there were no upper playfield? If you don't like mini playfields then go with the pro.

#5181 8 years ago

Any further reviews from those in Europe who have played the pro?

I wonder if the game, although it has great flow, might be a bit easy in the long term with longer ball times?

#5182 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Who's to say the upper flippers wont be disabled at times so that the ball can flow smoothly back to the flippers as if there were no upper playfield?

I wondered about that too, but I don't think that'll happen, for they'd would probably not want to take the risk to get some players thinking the game isn't working well some of the time. And there's the drop-target, so it would be 'double'. I think I wouldn't mind if they did though: disable the upper flippers sometimes to get a 'smooth' ramp-shot .

#5183 8 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I wondered about that too, but I don't think that'll happen, for they'd would probably not want to take the risk to get some players thinking the game isn't working well some of the time. And there's the drop-target, so it would be 'double'. I think I wouldn't mind if they did though: disable the upper flippers sometimes to get a 'smooth' ramp-shot .

I suspect that you "just don't flip" when the ball passes the upper PF and you need it "downstairs" to make the next shot, hoping it's designed to let the ball pass the upper PF as quickly as a ramp would.
When you need the ball on the main PF the upper midi-PF might score very low or not at all.

I'd like such a design because it would add some extra strategy: Flipping the ball on the midi-PF at the wrong moment lets you lose time and the chance to make big points on the main PF. If the flippers are disabled machine-wise it would not be a strategic decision any more - and there's also still the drop target which is controlled by the machine.

#5184 8 years ago

Stern has a history of creating an UPF that can optional and/or NOT slowdown gameplay... ACDC.... though, technically a lower PF.

So, they obviously "get it"

And theres always the PRO version for folks to go as well.... really hard to see people bitching about THIS topic (though not suggesting there aren't plenty of other topics to bitch about )

#5185 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I will admit that your gameplay video of GoT sold me on a pro. Good work sir...
Ordered yesterday...

I hate you.

When can I come over?

#5186 8 years ago
Quoted from netshark:

Doesn't look right. None of the trees are really on fire. Dammit now I'm being critical of the art.

#5187 8 years ago

guess it came from this... so maybe it's ok.

got.jpggot.jpg

#5188 8 years ago

There's a whole army hiding within the trees, you think they would be standing in a burning forest? That fire is a couple of miles away and you can just see the glow its giving off over the silhouette of trees.

#5189 8 years ago

He needs to climb up the wall to have a better view of what we are talking about lol

#5190 8 years ago

this machine is going to be the best on location earner since MM.

kids will stop playing magic the gathering for once, and to try to kill some dragons.

#5191 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

kids will stop playing magic the gathering for once, and to try to kill some dragons

Sure. Here is the decision table corresponding to this situation.

Decision.pngDecision.png

#5192 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

guess it came from this... so maybe it's ok.
got.jpg

I understand this is a picture or scene from the TV show but it's quite dark brown/grey mammoth on grey/green trees. All that was missing was grey/blue skies and so they did add some color. But as far as a nice looking composition it's not really great. IMO.

I'd rather have some contrast and more color palate to the side art. Really a let down.

This will be a game that's judged poor looking. I'm not saying it's a total loss but it's not good looking to me.

#5193 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

this machine is going to be the best on location earner since MM.
kids will stop playing magic the gathering for once, and to try to kill some dragons.

I wish you were right.

I suspect if Stern would have added a phenomenal new color display with an attention-grabbing attract mode - then this would have a better of chance of happening....

#5194 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I wish you were right.
I suspect if Stern would have added a phenomenal new color display with an attention-grabbing attract mode - then this would have a better of chance of happening....

Bingo. I know many of us think DMD's are cool but for the rest of the world they look like an old black and white TV...

Sadly Sterns new Spike system appears to have only been made to reduce hardware component costs rather than to innovate and use an LCD in their games...This is not a surprise considering other recent cost cutting moves they have made. I know Spike can support LCD's but 3 games in now and one hasn't been used for the main display yet...

#5195 8 years ago

It's sad because Color DMD is able to colorized games and Stern could do so as well on a near $8000 pin. The bean counters won I suppose.

#5196 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Sure. Here is the decision table corresponding to this situation.

I have my pins on location in a boardgame/cardgame store and I can confirm that this flowchart is spot on.

#5197 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I have my pins on location in a boardgame/cardgame store and I can confirm that this flowchart is spot on.

This flowchart is based from personal experience. I raised two kids who strictly obeyed this pattern
Boardgame store with pins? Seems like heaven to me...

#5198 8 years ago
Quoted from netshark:

There's a whole army hiding within the trees, you think they would be standing in a burning forest? That fire is a couple of miles away and you can just see the glow its giving off over the silhouette of trees.

The image I posted does a better job of representing a fire that is miles away. The image on the side art doesn't have that same effect and makes it look like the fire is right behind that first row of trees or on top of the trees. Then the "glow" fades really awkwardly towards the front.

Maybe if I climbed the wall and looked from there it would look better.

#5199 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im a newbie and it amazes me that people can look at a video and determine the game sucks. I sometimes wonder if it's my noob status that makes it so I can't see what these long timers seem to see....

They are not determining if the game sucks... they are determining if THEY think the game sucks for them. And it will happen to you too. After the years roll by you get to understand what you like and don't like in games. At first it is all unicorns and show-ponies. Every game feels like the best game ever made. And then one day you are playing a game and not enjoying it. There is something about that sound, or that shot that doesn't do it for you. Or hey, why can't I see the ball around that corner the time that shot, I hate that. And all of a sudden you realize you don't like movement of the ball you cannot see while playing. Or you hate left orbit shots that stop at a post. You get to understand that there are not that many rule sets in pinball. They are variations of a style, and it is the implementation that can make them great.

So what people are seeing is things that may not work for them. Maybe the upper playfield blocks the view of the ball on the ramp. Maybe the ruleset is just "follow the lights" like Star Trek. What folks are saying is they see something in the game that doesn't fit in with their sensibilities. It is also why Stern is normally careful to not release games in the same rule style one after the other.

As for me, I wouldn't say the game sucks. However, from the video I've seen, it isn't a game I would actively buy right now (even though I am a big fan of the show). But maybe it ends up being the greatest game ever, and if it is, maybe I'll look at it down the road. But nobody can determine where this game will end up over time.

#5200 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

They are not determining if the game sucks... they are determining if THEY think the game sucks for them. And it will happen to you too. After the years roll by you get to understand what you like and don't like in games. At first it is all unicorns and show-ponies. Every game feels like the best game ever made. And then one day you are playing a game and not enjoying it. There is something about that sound, or that shot that doesn't do it for you. Or hey, why can't I see the ball around that corner the time that shot, I hate that. And all of a sudden you realize you don't like movement of the ball you cannot see while playing. Or you hate left orbit shots that stop at a post. You get to understand that there are not that many rule sets in pinball. They are variations of a style, and it is the implementation that can make them great.
So what people are seeing is things that may not work for them. Maybe the upper playfield blocks the view of the ball on the ramp. Maybe the ruleset is just "follow the lights" like Star Trek. What folks are saying is they see something in the game that doesn't fit in with their sensibilities. It is also why Stern is normally careful to not release games in the same rule style one after the other.
As for me, I wouldn't say the game sucks. However, from the video I've seen, it isn't a game I would actively buy right now (even though I am a big fan of the show). But maybe it ends up being the greatest game ever, and if it is, maybe I'll look at it down the road. But nobody can determine where this game will end up over time.

I am very much wait and see on this game. If it's great like the next AcDc then I can always buy it later. The big deal is when you need to have it ASAP then you migh buy before you try. But look they're still selling ST and that came out 2 years ago and Metallica came out 2+ years ago and they're still making that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/104 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.