image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 114.
#5102 8 years ago

Aurich should be a consultant for the whole industry. I'm just curious who Stern ran the art by before saying, "Yup, this is what we're going with." Both Pros like Aurich and common folk like us all reacted negatively. Well at least it's a little better, but it's never going to be a pin people look at with amazement, ever. A real shame.

#5103 8 years ago

Watched a couple of gameplay videos. And i just dont see it in this pin.

So uninspired and boring gameplay. I know, difficult to judge a pin on a few short videos.

But tbl, th and ac-dc had my attention within 10 seconds. Got is just not for me. Biggest dissapointment since indy stern, triple A theme and only a mediocore pin.

#5104 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

So uninspired and boring gameplay. I know, difficult to judge a pin on a few short videos.
But tbl, th and ac-dc had my intention within 10 seconds. Got is just not for me.

Well we haven't seen the LE yet and that's the full game Ritchie intended. I think everyone agrees the PRO is pretty boring in terms of what's going on / what to shoot at. Sure it has great flow, but in Pinball, you need more magic than just the ball traveling around nicely. The LE needs to have that magic. We'll know soon.

#5105 8 years ago

LE is wrecked by that ramp not going back to the flippers but always to the upper playfield.

That same designflaw can be found on woz and wrestling stern.

Unbelievable, it really is. Gamebreaker, for me.

#5106 8 years ago

LE is wrecked by that ramp not going back to the flippers but always to the upper playfield.

I think "Wrecked" is a bit harsh, no? Especially since this upper playfield seems a lot more engaging a fun than both WOZ and WWE. We'll have to wait and see. Won't be long now.

#5107 8 years ago

Heywood Jablomey....

Hmm..I wonder if Robin will let me change my profile name?

#5108 8 years ago

Really unbelievable - you're dismissing something that no-one has seen in action yet and no-one knows how it will work in the game.

You could maybe at least wait until some information about it is released before just bashing everything you don't understand.

#5109 8 years ago

I heard that, if you don't flip on the mini playfield, the ball will go fast to the left flipper again, like their is no mini playfield at all...

I hope it's true

#5110 8 years ago

may be true. I do agree about WoZ and WWE

Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I heard that, if you don't flip on the mini playfield, the ball will go fast to the left flipper again, like their is no mini playfield at all...
I hope it's true

I agree, and I understand that this might be a good work around. If you need the ball back in the main PF for some reason. But IMO, it would be nice if there was a diverter so that the ball doesn't even go to the upper PF unless in a certain mode.

#5111 8 years ago

Have to see, but I do agree this is a A+ theme and so far it's not exactly knocking my socks off with the aesthetics the pro seems to lack shots (kind of like Predator with just 4 shots that do not stop the ball 2 ramps and 2 loops). I've not played it so I'm holding off judgment but IMO it could be a super easy game to make shots which could be a negative.

Compared the number of shots in Met (that are not drop targets or stand up targets).

Met pro (10 unique shots)
-fuel
-orbit
-grave
-ramp
-sparky
-coffin
-snake
-ramp
-orbit
-mystery

GOT pro (6 unique shots)
-orbit
-dragon
-ramp
-battering ram
-ramp
-orbit

I understand GOT has some drop targets but (like standup targets) they are not considered major shots in the same was as the shots I listed on Met.

#5112 8 years ago

But tbl, th and ac-dc had my attention within 10 seconds. Got is just not for me. Biggest dissapointment since indy stern, triple A theme and only a mediocore pin.

I'm in complete disagreement with this statement.
I've watched about 3-4 hours of game play on the pro machine. To me this games look like it shoots Like butter, the light show seems pretty intense at times. The RPG elements in the code really appeal to me too. The pro game looked so fun that I'm not putting a deposit down until I see the LE in action. I'm trying to save myself $2000 cdn by talking myself into getting a PRO, but I'm betting that the improvements in design will be worth every penny.

#5113 8 years ago

***possible spoiler alert/ fan theory for the story.

MY buddy just saw this on the Internet and it's intriguing. The actor that plays loris Tyrell has a theory that the iron throne will be taken apart. It's made with a 1000 swords, that are all made with Valyrian steel, swords that will be needed to kill the white walkers.

Just a theory, but a plausible one

#5114 8 years ago

It's not valyrian steel that kills the walkers, it's dragon glass.

Daenerys use her dragons to make weapons and thus will be 'given' the throne.

#5115 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

***possible spoiler alert/ fan theory for the story.
MY buddy just saw this on the Internet and it's intriguing. The actor that plays loris Tyrell has a theory that the iron throne will be taken apart. It's made with a 1000 swords, that are all made with Valyrian steel, swords that will be needed to kill the white walkers.
Just a theory, but a plausible one

Wrong.
The iron throne is made from.... Well... Iron! It's made up up some 200+ swords that Aegon took from his vanquished enemies. One of the key facts about valerian steel is that it's RARE! Certainly not the stuff furniture would be made of.

#5116 8 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

It's not valyrian steel that kills the walkers, it's dragon glass.
Daenerys use her dragons to make weapons and thus will be 'given' the throne.

Sigh, you're wrong too.

While the iron throne is NOT made from Valeryian steel, the fan WAS correct that Valeryian steel CAN kill the walkers (along with dragon-glass).

Folks that are big fans should really try reading the books....it complements the excellent tv series.

#5117 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

I wonder if the new premium only playfield was a result from comments they received? I'm pretty sure this is the first Premium game to receive its own unique playfield excluding Luci which was a special premium amongst regular premiums.

Jody confirmed that's the case on Coast2Coast Pinball. Listen here, it's at the end:

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-200_60351

It's worth listening to if you're curious. I thought Jody did a good job explaining things.

I believe though that Mustang Premium had a unique playfield, it was the Boss edition right?

Quoted from pinballophobe:

I personally think the blue was always there but constructive critism from aurich got stern to change the "shield". Everyone respects aurich opinion on art because he is a pro. What he thinks and says carries a lot of weight

I think you're way overstating my influence here.

As Jody noted in the above interview some of us are big fans of the show, and when the game was shown and didn't match what we'd been hoping for in terms of tone there was some disappointment. The only "advantage" I have is as a designer I have some experience and vocabulary to help express what wasn't working for me. Otherwise I was just another fan like anyone else who had an opinion. Stern isn't paying attention to me, they're listening to the collective voices of their fans and buyers who spoke up.

I think Stern deserves credit for doing what they could to respond to our voices, and at this point I'm ready to just play the game next week, and give Steve and Dwight their time to shine.

#5118 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

I personally think the blue was always there but constructive critism from aurich got stern to change the "shield". Everyone respects aurich opinion on art because he is a pro. What he thinks and says carries a lot of weight
The snow on the cogs and gears is 50/50 if it was added or always there.
JJP can't miss on their pins. They really need to please the customer. And they do go above and beyond to deliver a great pin.

I wish they would have done a bit more besides blue and snow

#5119 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Sigh, you're wrong too.
While the iron throne is NOT made from Valeryian steel, the fan WAS correct that Valeryian steel CAN kill the walkers (along with dragon-glass).
Folks that are big fans should really try reading the books....it complements the excellent tv series.

Correct. Jon Snow killed a White walker with his sword at Hardhome. His sword is called Longclaw and is made of Valeryian steel. It was a great seen. The white walker shattered into a thousand pieces of ice. I wonder if that knowledge died with him? hmmm

#5120 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Sigh, you're wrong too.

+1 Did not Jon Snow kill a white walker with his Valeryian steel sword?

#5121 8 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

+1 Did not Jon Snow kill a white walker with his Valeryian steel sword?

He sure did Hardhome was the most action pack battle episode

#5122 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Jody confirmed that's the case on Coast2Coast Pinball. Listen here, it's at the end:
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-200_60351
It's worth listening to if you're curious. I thought Jody did a good job explaining things.
I believe though that Mustang Premium had a unique playfield, it was the Boss edition right

Also consider the source... The head of marketing/PR. The head of spin. Be careful of just how much you take in blindly.

What better way to deal with a huge backlash of negativity than to say "you are right" and throwing you a bone. You can take something happening and spin it into even more positive energy for you by just how you present it, describe it etc.

Never mind nate's show notes setting up the tee for Jody who amazingly was ready without hesitation to answer to that point. Amazing.....

#5123 8 years ago

Now if I recall Jon Snow has valeryian steel, Tywin melted one valeryian sword to make 2. 1 for Geoffey and one for Jamie. After Jamie lost his hand he gave it to Brienne. Now who has Geoffrey's sword ?

and besides them does anyone else has Valeryian steel

#5124 8 years ago

Not that I'm a fan of WOZ, but it has a diverter on the ramp that only diverts to the upper playfield when its qualified and lock is not lit.

#5125 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Now if I recall Jon Snow has valeryian steel, Tywin melted one valeryian sword to make 2. 1 for Geoffey and one for Jamie. After Jamie lost his hand he gave it to Brienne. Now who has Geoffrey's sword ?

Was the dagger used in the attempt to kill Bran Valeryian steel?

#5126 8 years ago

I've been trying to read the books, but I'm only on book three and haven't caught up to these scenes yet.

I guess I need to play less pinball and read more.

#5127 8 years ago

I like that one ramp always leads to the upper playfield, ala Black Knight. If you don't flip, the ball will come back to the left flipper fast enough, I think. It looks like the upper PF could be an integral part of the gameplay / rules.

Rai, I like your shot layout comparison to Metallica, but I would take into consideration ALL of the possible ball paths. MET doesn't have a VUKs, physical lock or divertor. GoT will play very differently, and that's a good thing. I would definitely count the drops as a major shot.

[EDIT: I just realized I'm comparing GoT premium to MET Pro...will have to see if it's $1500 better]

#5128 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Joffrey's brother, King Tommen has his sword. Ice was melted into 2 swords and a dagger. A different valeryian dagger originally owned by Peter Baelish was used in the Bran assasination attempt. Sam Tarly's dad has a valeryrion sword and is somewhat of a badass in the books. He will probably appear in the next season.

#5129 8 years ago

Gameplay video I took last week:

#5130 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Really unbelievable - you're dismissing something that no-one has seen in action yet and no-one knows how it will work in the game.
You could maybe at least wait until some information about it is released before just bashing everything you don't understand.

Im a newbie and it amazes me that people can look at a video and determine the game sucks. I sometimes wonder if it's my noob status that makes it so I can't see what these long timers seem to see....

#5131 8 years ago

So, I played the Pro today.

Cabinet art /translite looks fine really.

Playfield art - well, it's dull but not the end of the world.

Gameplay. Very fast, great shooting game, complex rule set. Huge bonuses and longer ball times on this one. It's fun.

Negative. It is very very bright. For me it has the worst lighting I have ever seen in that you can see 2 mega bright led's through the inserts. I had a STLE and this is way brighter.

Anyway some will love the crazy brightness but I couldn't buy a game this bright. And being on boards it is not possible to change so this saves me $$$$ as won't be a buyer.

#5132 8 years ago

Is the insert brightness adjustable? Or could you add a resistor inline to drop the voltage?

If the GI isn't socketed on the Premium, I'm probably out. I saw my friend's MET LED a few days ago, and while it looked great it was just way too bright for me.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Negative. It is very very bright. For me it has the worst lighting I have ever seen in that you can see 2 mega bright led's through the inserts. I had a STLE and this is way brighter.
Anyway some will love the crazy brightness but I couldn't buy a game this bright.

#5133 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Rai, I like your shot layout comparison to Metallica, but I would take into consideration ALL of the possible ball paths. MET doesn't have a VUKs, physical lock or divertor. GoT will play very differently, and that's a good thing. I would definitely count the drops as a major shot.

In all fairness, GOT pro is similar to AcDc pro in number of shots so not as if it's a bad layout. I prefer AcDc to Metallica. I'd just prefer something close by like the mystery hole in Met or Side shot on ST of Fuel lane.

#5134 8 years ago

Different tastes, the brightness is what I like on the new STERNS.

#5135 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Yeah, there seems to actually be quite a bit of valeryian steel floating around westeros, but I think the difficulty is finding swordsmiths who know how to work with it. That's mentioned when Ice gets remade, I think. GRRM's intention seems to be to liken to real-world, folded/Damascus steel (+magic ).

So even if the iron throne was all valeryian steel, it would probably be bordering on impossible to unfuse the swords and reform them into usable weapons. It would be very very difficult to do anything like that with true Damascus steel for example.

That said, it's a fantasy setting so anything is possible and I think it would be really cool if they did that. Of course it would probably be much more logical to make thousands of small arrows from it instead of a few swords that would probably be given to lords that wouldn't do much fighting anyway

#5136 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Joffrey's brother, King Tommen has his sword. Ice was melted into 2 swords and a dagger. A different valeryian dagger originally owned by Peter Baelish was used in the Bran assasination attempt. Sam Tarly's dad has a valeryrion sword and is somewhat of a badass in the books. He will probably appear in the next season.

"You're almost a man now, but you're not worthy of my land and title. Tomorrow you're going to take the black, forsake all claim to your inheritance and start north. If you do not, then we'll have a hunt... and somewhere in these woods your horse will stumble and you'll be thrown from your saddle to die. Or so I'll tell your mother. Nothing would please me more."
―Randyll Tarly to his son, Samwell.[src]
Randyll Tarly is a recurring character in the sixth season, though he had been mentioned in every previous season. Randyll is played by James Faulkner. He is the Lord of Horn Hill and the head of House Tarly. He forced his son Samwell Tarly to join the Night's Watch under the threat of death.

This will be cool to watch in season 6

#5137 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think you're way overstating my influence here.

No, he isn't overstating it. You've earned the respect you have here in the art department and in the mod department. Everyone takes your opinion seriously.

#5138 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

No, he isn't overstating it. You've earned the respect you have here in the art department and in the mod department. Everyone takes your opinion seriously.

Yes Aurich! And for the record, there is no pressure on you with Alien artwork!

#5139 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Is the insert brightness adjustable? Or could you add a resistor inline to drop the voltage?
If the GI isn't socketed on the Premium, I'm probably out. I saw my friend's MET LED a few days ago, and while it looked great it was just way too bright for me.

I have played MET LED and Got is way way brighter!

It would give me a headache, literally.

I know Gary says games earn more the brighter they are but this is the brightest EVER game!

#5140 8 years ago

With the LE / Premium you're getting a game and a half if you call the pro one game.

So definitely a lot more there as opposed to ST premium which was mostly cosmetic.

Just hope they code for the upper PF, more than they did for ACDC

I like the way TZ or Tspp and others you can have balls in play on both levels at the same time rather than AcDc which is one or the other.

Rules and upper PF will make or break this pin, I'm not really feeling the pro version.

One other thing the premium has some things going on under the upper PF such as the left loop and ramp as well as VUK so you are not really missing much main PF area which is why the pro looks so barren.

I may be warming up to the premium more vs The Hobbit as I'm not sure if the cost of TH but likely $8-something so almost $2k more than Got premium

#5141 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I have played MET LED and Got is way way brighter!
It would give me a headache, literally.
I know Gary says games earn more the brighter they are but this is the brightest EVER game!

I thought IM VE was the brightest so far.

#5142 8 years ago

I thought Star Trek was more than bright enough, I wouldn't want brighter than that. It is nice on route though to be able to see.

#5143 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I thought Star Trek was more than bright enough, I wouldn't want brighter than that.

GoT is brighter. For better or worse! Check the video I posted when the player starts blackwater multiball.

#5144 8 years ago

Is the GI still socketed on the Premium? I think I can tame the insert brightness somehow. For GoT Premium, I'd use cool white LEDs for the GI - but not as bright. Single SMD would work well for me.

#5145 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

GoT is brighter. For better or worse! Check the video I posted when the player starts blackwater multiball.

Looks like a lot of flashers. I'll see it in person next week, see how it feels.

#5146 8 years ago

Everyone is different. I myself prefer a super bright game, it's one of the things I actually liked about the new ST, and also why I like PinballBulbs light kits.

#5147 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I thought IM VE was the brightest so far.

GOT is way brighter. Played IMVE.

It's the way the 2 tiny led bulbs come right through the inserts.

I will probably wear sunglasses next time

#5148 8 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I hope it's true

If thats really the case- then this would certainly have the potential of being "the best of both worlds" when it comes to the love-hate relationship some have with mini-playfields slowing the game....

REALLY looking forward to the LE gameplay video...

#5149 8 years ago

Artwork seems way better on the GOT Premium.Game%20of%20ThronesPREM%20Left%20Side.jpgGame%20of%20ThronesPREM%20Left%20Side.jpg

#5150 8 years ago

The cabinet art on the Premium is fantastic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.