image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 114.
#4951 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

This is news to me. No Stern I've seen comes standard with white DMDs to my knowledge. AFAIK only Xpin makes white LED DMD displays.

The red lighting gel helps obscure the segmentation of the LED blocks and softens the lighting from each LED. Without the gel it looks exactly like what is - a bunch of ugly LED blocks soldered to an equally ugly board.

No it's not white. It's orange. My IMVE had a red filter over an orange display. It's not red on white. He's wrong. But hey, say a wrong thing with enough conviction and people might believe you.

Oh I forgot to add, Duh

#4952 8 years ago

Fantastic, immoral technology
Since 1941

-Volkswagen

#4953 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

No it's not white. It's orange. My IMVE had a red filter over an orange display. It's not red on white. He's wrong. But hey, say a wrong thing with enough conviction and people might believe you.

Ever heard of Wikipedia? Haha

#4954 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't think art is extremely important, but I do care about it. Cabinet art (including backglass/tanslite) taking big precedence over playfield, as it is the first thing a player sees. After that, especially with these new games, lighting is much more important because it can really make the experience great for the player. Sounds also rank higher than art for me. The right sound at the right time is amazing.

Agreed, I think flow and sound are what keeps me interested in the long term

Hopefully proper gameplay of the upper playfield isn't far away so we can make decisions!

#4955 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

I thought Kirk was born in Iowa USA???

kirk is from montreal (saint henri) moved to LA when he was young.

in real life i mean.

#4956 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ever heard of Wikipedia? Haha

No, Wikipedia is never wrong!

#4957 8 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Agreed, I think flow and sound are what keeps me interested in the long term
Hopefully proper gameplay of the upper playfield isn't far away so we can make decisions!

Hell yeah dude. I like the prem art package best, but if the upper pf kills the gameplay, I'm getting a Pro for sure.

#4958 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

AFAIK only Xpin makes white LED DMD displays.

Stern wouldn't use white anyway. White LEDs always need to be selected to achieve an even appearance when mounted closely together. You need to keep the bins together and have waste when starting a new one. They're just way more expensive and there's no big savings to be made when buying in large quantities like with other colors.

#4959 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Stern wouldn't use white anyway. White LEDs always need to be selected to achieve an even appearance when mounted closely together. You need to keep the bins together and have waste when starting a new one. They're just way more expensive and there's no big savings to be made when buying in large quantities like with other colors.

Interesting. Makes sense cause the white displays are the most expensive over at xpin and I always wondered why.

#4960 8 years ago

There are other things more important than the color of a DMD. Who wants a blue DMD can put one in or wait for a Color DMD or an other LCD mod if those will ever happen.

But there are other things I want to know. What will the dragon do on the LE/Prem? We still haven't seen a video or a clue about this toy. It has no kick back like some people here thought it will have. But the matrix says it will be mororized. So we will get more moving from it. Will it move up and down? Or will it move from side to side? Are the drop lanes behind it and we have to shoot for them? How can he fight back without kick back?
And the other big question for me is if we have to fight the dragon every time the ball goes to the mini playfield? Will the flippers on the mini playfield be active everytime the ball goes up there? Or will it flow like the pro ramp if the flippers are deactivated so the ball can travel through the "moon door" with almost the same smooth speed it goes along the ramp on the pro?
The flyer speaks of two "super speed ramps" on the prem/le. A small ramp to the mini playfield is not a high speed ramp in my opinion. But this is a SR game, so what is the master plan of the king of flow?

It would be cool if STERN would release one more mini video of the prem/LE mini playfield game play, but all we have seen for now left this game part out and I wonder why that is so.

#4961 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hell yeah dude. I like the prem art package best, but if the upper pf kills the gameplay, I'm getting a Pro for sure.

Really?

I haven't see any gameplay videos of machines with the upper PF- can you share the link to them?

#4962 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Really?
I haven't see any gameplay videos of machines with the upper PF- can you share the link to them?

I said if, as in not certain, or I haven't seen it play yet. As in, if.

#4963 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't think art is extremely important, but I do care about it. Cabinet art (including backglass/tanslite) taking big precedence over playfield, as it is the first thing a player sees.

To each there own. There are games, like AC/DC where the playfield art is the main reason I will not buy the machine.

Good thing Stern (or the other manufacturers) don't have to please everyone, just enough to stay healthy.

#4964 8 years ago
Quoted from GetTheJackpot:

Polish a turd, its still a turd.

#4965 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I said if, as in not certain, or I haven't seen it play yet. As in, if.

Got it.... I misread.

Wishful thinking on my part- I'm really anxious to see LE or Prem gameplay.

I much prefer the premium "art", but , like you, not so much to tradeoff great gameplay. I'm not sure that I'd go with the pro as an alternative, however. If the premium is a no-go due to gameplay, I'm likely OUT of this title.

#4966 8 years ago

Personally, I think the Premium cabinet looks awesome. The Premium playfield looks decent enough. I'm not sold on the translite yet, but I can always swap it out if I end up not liking it. Premium all the way for me.

#4967 8 years ago

Any word on extra mods/armor/topper from Stern?

#4968 8 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I wonder if there would be any risk of showing approved concept images well before they run them so they have more time to listen to feedback.
It seems like sourcing opinions from the target market and making improvements based on that feedback would result in more sales. Obviously there are people who don't care about artwork, so Stern has them in the bag, but if they wanted to expand sales, seems like being more open during the development process might lead to that.

I'm one of those ppl that don't really care about art. As much as toys,lights, theme and gameplay.

I'm just getting into this hobby so I dont have the experience to critique pins. But when I watch videos of past pins to get a gauge on what games I want down the road. I don't even notice the art.

JJP WOZ really stands out to me. And besides the the yellow brick road and the wicked witch. I can even describe or remember the art on the playfield. But I can remember the crystal ball, flying monkey, spinning house, the video on the LCD and the color changing rgb etc

#4970 8 years ago

I LOVE the look of the premium! Would look great right next to my TWDLE

#4971 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I LOVE the look of the premium! Would look great right next to my TWDLE

I totally agree with this thought process. I'd put those puppies up side by side for sure. If I snag a premium TWDLE will be its wall buddy.

#4972 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

It's official. In the latest Coast to Coast Pod cast, Jody Dankburg of Stern Pinball said that the playfield artwork change was due to customer feedback from the online community.
Way to go Pinside
Speaking up works.

Well what about the GOTLE ?
Why update a Premium, when the LE is meant to be the Ducks Guts!!!!
What are we to see changed on the LE then?
Shaker? Invisiglass ?

#4973 8 years ago

Guys I cannot say this enough.. the game (pro) is a blast to play. It just feels right, a rush to play, lots to do and learn. Great great music (i first thought two steps from hell was in this pin)!
A few days without a GOT and starting to miss it already!

#4974 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Guys I cannot say this enough.. the game (pro) is a blast to play. It just feels right, a rush to play, lots to do and learn. Great great music (i first thought two steps from hell was in this pin)!
A few days without a GOT and starting to miss it already!

The Pro might be the one to buy.The upper playfield on prem or LE will slow things down a lot.Can't wait to see the LE gameplay.

#4975 8 years ago

I asked this question to Greg F. who had already played the premium/le design.

The drop target is blocking the shot and when the ramp is open, he said: "you better hold your upper flipper up when shooting the right ramp or the ball will just ran through the upper playfield towards the inlane feed again really fast.

#4976 8 years ago

I asked this question to Greg F. who had already played the premium/le design.
The drop target is blocking the shot and when the ramp is open, he said: "you better hold your upper flipper up when shooting the right ramp or the ball will just ran through the upper playfield towards the inlane feed again really fast.

So,Is that a good thing or bad thing?.That would make it a fast flowing shot if you chose,I guess.

#4977 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

So,Is that a good thing or bad thing?.That would make it a fast flowing shot if you chose,I guess.

A very good thing!

#4978 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

A very good thing!

Seems like "Best of both worlds".

#4979 8 years ago

or the ball will just ran through the upper playfield towards the inlane feed again really fast.

Really keen to see how that works. Would love some LE gameplay footage right about now!!!!!

#4980 8 years ago

Just saw these posted on pinballrevolution.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#4981 8 years ago

I really want to see the pre/LE gameplay. I don't quite get all of the main Playfield shots.

From left to right
1) 3 drop targets.
2) Orbit shot thru spinner to pop bumpers, exits on right.
3) white walker kickback/ marketplace shot.
4) shot to the VUK or a ramp to right wire form?
5) battering ram.
6) ramp with drop target up to castle.
7) orbit behind pop bumpers, exits on left.
8 ) wildfire targets.

Upper Playfield
1) small orbit feeds left flipper
2) drop off lane to orbit below? (blocked by dragon?)
3) drop off lane to orbit below? (Blocked by dragon?)
4) Infeed from ramp?

If the main Playfield has 2 ramps where is the second ramp? In with the VUK? How does the ball feed to the right wire form?
If the upper Playfield feeds the iron throne, how does that happen? Will the dragon move left and right blocking the 2 drop off lanes?

#4982 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

If the main Playfield has 2 ramps where is the second ramp? In with the VUK? How does the ball feed to the right wire form?

Haven't seen the pin except in pictures.

But the pro should have the same main shots as the premium you can see just 6 shots (not counting stand up or drop targets).

2 loops
2 ramps
battering ram
Dragon kick back (pro) and white walker (premium)

I can't see the ramps in the LE but the right has a drop target in front and feeds the upper PF or if you don't hold the flipper up will return to the left flipper. The left ramp is obscured by the upper PF but I'd think it just loops around to the right wire form like in the pro. It might be fairly flat to go under the upper PF.

If the upper Playfield feeds the iron throne, how does that happen?

I'm thinking the ball will feed a VUK from the top of the upper PF.

#4983 8 years ago

#4984 8 years ago

That video is shot in complete darkness, no ambient light at all, really shows how Stern knows how to light their games.

#4985 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That video is shot in complete darkness, no ambient light at all, really shows how Stern knows how to light their games.

Great point about the GI lighting.... it is one thing Stern had gotten "right" !

#4986 8 years ago

It does seem that the software is much further along than past releases. Lighting effects in general seem to be added much later and here they are with the release software.

#4987 8 years ago

Oh I think I get it now.

The pre/LE has the same left ramp as the pro game. It starts under the castle.

The right ramp feeds the castle then, through the moon door it goes down the left wire form to the main flipper.

The two "drop off lanes" are under the dragon and feed the VUK. The VUK would either send the ball back to the castle or to the throne.

That would account for everything on the feature list and make the most sense to me. So the flow of the game will remain virtually the same with the upper Playfield adding to the challenge.

I think this game is shaping up to be a classic.

#4988 8 years ago

Stern does do lighting really well, I will give them that. Hard to miss a game that is lit up bright and colorful so that's how it should be - especially with how easy it is to use LED bulbs. Still seems like something is missing on the pro, though. Nothing looks like a focal piece. I'm not sure what you do with the dragon but it is kinda small. I will need to play one to make any real conclusions. I've dismissed some games based on pics/videos that ended up being one of my favs after playing. I do like ramps and fast flow games so I look forward to trying it out.

#4989 8 years ago

That video makes the game seem "Not terrible". I will be happy to give this a fair trial. Honestly looks "better" at this stage to me than TWD, but I am much less familiar with this license so I don't know a bunch of stuff that might otherwise bother me

#4990 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

That video makes the game seem "Not terrible". I will be happy to give this a fair trial. Honestly looks "better" at this stage to me than TWD, but I am much less familiar with this license so I don't know a bunch of stuff that might otherwise bother me

PF still looks bad to me, but hopefully the premium will look better.

#4991 8 years ago

For the left corner on the Pro...I think Lego was listening......

1464899357583321489.jpg1464899357583321489.jpg

#4992 8 years ago

i agree, the game does look good in the dark.
i like the choices of sound effects.
that thing is lighting fast.

now, all we need to see is how the LE/premium plays.

#4993 8 years ago

The huge takeaway from this is the fact that Stern is listening to the community and that is a GREAT sign.

With the new Spike system they are in a position to blow us away with great stuff in the future.

When the LCD comes, with I'm sure awesome future artwork, etc., I'm gonna be anxious to see what Expo really has to offer.

The one thing that is a guarantee, Stern can deliver and if they keep getting better and adding more and more, watch out!

TWD is the best pin ever for me, imho.

The only negative is having to look at that crappy DMD and the 80's technology dots, but that's changing soon enough hopefully!!!

#4994 8 years ago

The dragon just sort of awkwardly shakes...I hope it does more on the Prem..

#4995 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The dragon just sort of awkwardly shakes...I hope it does more on the Prem..

yep, i was gonna say that, i doubt it's going to be different on the premium/le.

#4996 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

yep, i was gonna say that, i doubt it's going to be different on the premium/le.

According the the first specs released the Dragon says animated dragon (Pro) and motorized animated dragon (Prem / LE)...now not sure what that means.

#4997 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

According the the first specs released the Dragon says animated dragon (Pro) and motorized animated dragon (Prem / LE)...now not sure what that means.

I think it's clearly Vengeance with flapping wings. the LE/premium version will lurch forward.

I'm not complaining, we know SR is old school and builds toys that will not break, so there's only so much you can expect.

#4998 8 years ago

I like toys like the Vengeance…just look at Wolverine...

#4999 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I like toys like the Vengeance…just look at Wolverine...

The vengeance is big both in the pinball and in the movie

#5000 8 years ago

I think this game is shaping up to be a classic.

This is a top 5 game for sure based on all the speculation of how it might turn out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.