(Topic ID: 277939)

OFFICIAL Food Truck speculation thread- POLL ADDED!

By Haymaker

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“With RAZA selling a WHOPPING 160 units, will Food Truck out sell it?”

• No 3 votes
      14%
    • LOL NO 8 votes
      38%
    • Yeah, its Diner 2.0! 10 votes
      48%

(21 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nuns (resized).jpg
    7F0D8B6F-C84E-4ED5-AE80-30B105E06B69 (resized).jpeg
    A272586B-5D4A-4980-8C60-B995539EF204.jpeg
    2624CE90-6866-4CD5-83F9-8016619F9952.jpeg
    77EA39D7-F3E4-4DA6-B482-D64B61AA01F3.jpeg
    B663E24C-A0F7-466A-878A-2F38521FA0B8.jpeg
    90BF9DCB-09A0-4F24-9E4A-88C81D04C907.gif
    Screen-Shot-2020-09-22-at-11.27.10-AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

It could be an ok game if it's basically Diner 2.0. I liked the idea of balancing getting ingredients, managing a kitchen, and delivering food items before customers get cranky.

Basically Overcooked the game. (I wonder how much a license for that video game would be?)

#5 3 years ago

What if on the touch screen lock down bar, occasionally a roach runs across it and you have to slap it. Maybe too gross, maybe too abusive of the touch screen, but just an idea.

#11 3 years ago

It could be fun if every once in a while a "health department inspector" is scheduled to come to look at your truck. But you have to quickly put everything away and hit the road so they don't fine you.

#16 3 years ago

I wonder how much it would cost to license Peter Pepper and make it a Burger Time game. At least that would have some nostalgia with the core pin buying demographic.

#20 3 years ago

Another dumb idea I had by thinking about Overcooked

In between serving people you have to wash dishes/wipe the service counter by swiping the lockdown bar. If you don't clean, you get lower food reviews and the health inspector is summoned faster (see my previous post re: health inspectors). It's something silly to do, makes use of the touch screen, and it's fun to watch people struggle as they move their hands around the cabinet.

Or if you're a super serious player who hates fun, you let everything be dirty and it makes the game more challenging.

#24 3 years ago

I want to know what the social media rules in food truck will be. How does deeproot think social media works?

4 months later
    #37 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I added a poll now that we know RAZA production numbers. Raza is meant to be a very limited game, and food truck should be the first full production game from DR. Do you think FT will outsell the super limited RAZA at >160 units?

I think the timeframe and quality of the RAZA deliverables will have the biggest factor on the sales of their next game

Consumer confidence is a major hurdle they have to overcome.

But it’ll be interesting when they do announce the game for sale relative to RAZA shipping and if they do another limited sales window with minimal marketing.

I like the idea of Food Truck as an original theme. I’m mildly excited to see it.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

But are you mildly (or more) excited to BUY it? I am actually very excited to see it, as I'm sure many of us are. Maybe once we all see it, it will be awesome enough where a lot of people will want to buy it. You have a good point about the RAZA shipping though. That will make or break a lot of the confidence of potential owners

Depends on if Robinhood screws me on my GME gains

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-food-truck-speculation-thread?tu=TreyBo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.