(Topic ID: 277939)

OFFICIAL Food Truck speculation thread- POLL ADDED!

By Haymaker

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“With RAZA selling a WHOPPING 160 units, will Food Truck out sell it?”

• No 3 votes
      14%
    • LOL NO 8 votes
      38%
    • Yeah, its Diner 2.0! 10 votes
      48%

(21 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nuns (resized).jpg
    7F0D8B6F-C84E-4ED5-AE80-30B105E06B69 (resized).jpeg
    A272586B-5D4A-4980-8C60-B995539EF204.jpeg
    2624CE90-6866-4CD5-83F9-8016619F9952.jpeg
    77EA39D7-F3E4-4DA6-B482-D64B61AA01F3.jpeg
    B663E24C-A0F7-466A-878A-2F38521FA0B8.jpeg
    90BF9DCB-09A0-4F24-9E4A-88C81D04C907.gif
    Screen-Shot-2020-09-22-at-11.27.10-AM (resized).png

#1 3 years ago

This is the thread to talk all things known and what you think will happen with the freshly announced and highly anticipated new title from Deep Root pinball- FOOD TRUCK

What kinds of foods and craaazy mechs do you think we will be in store for?
    Screen-Shot-2020-09-22-at-11.27.10-AM (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2020-09-22-at-11.27.10-AM (resized).png

#2 3 years ago

Looks like maybe we will get a chance to play as an ex-luchadore now running a taco truck? Maybe a selection of characters including a singing waitress and a snarky indian man? Perhaps he can be sort of like the soup nazi from seinfeld, and if you don't make the proper shots NO SOUP FOR YOU!

#3 3 years ago

It could be an ok game if it's basically Diner 2.0. I liked the idea of balancing getting ingredients, managing a kitchen, and delivering food items before customers get cranky.

Basically Overcooked the game. (I wonder how much a license for that video game would be?)

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

It could be an ok game if it's basically Diner 2.0. I liked the idea of balancing getting ingredients, managing a kitchen, and delivering food items before customers get cranky.
    Basically Overcooked the game. (I wonder how much a license for that video game would be?)

Nailed it, my girlfriend and I love Overcooked and so does anyone else we get to play it with us. I think a food truck based pin could be awesome if it's done right, lots of potential.

#5 3 years ago

What if on the touch screen lock down bar, occasionally a roach runs across it and you have to slap it. Maybe too gross, maybe too abusive of the touch screen, but just an idea.

#6 3 years ago

I can't believe this is an actual thing who is going to buy it.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Nailed it, my girlfriend and I love Overcooked and so does anyone else we get to play it with us. I think a food truck based pin could be awesome if it's done right, lots of potential.

YUP! Diner was awesome, this could be another cool non licensed. Lots of options on how to play/rules! I'll be excited to see how it turns out.

#8 3 years ago

Couldn’t they have added just a little panache to the name?

“Food Truck Frenzy” or “Food Truck Fever” instead of just Food Truck?

-Doug

#9 3 years ago

With a concept this mind-blowingly innovative, I can see why Deep Root was so intent on defending blackface Barry's choice of Halloween Costumes. You just can't let this kind of genius out of the building, even if it comes with "baggage."

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Lol nobody

#11 3 years ago

It could be fun if every once in a while a "health department inspector" is scheduled to come to look at your truck. But you have to quickly put everything away and hit the road so they don't fine you.

#12 3 years ago

Wait... this ISN’T a snarky Pinside joke thread?

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wait... this ISN’T a snarky Pinside joke thread?

Its whatever you'd like it to be *wink*

#14 3 years ago

I’m sure the layout is a fusion of TAXI and DINER.

/actually it’s just a box of lights and a free-2-play “burger builder” game you play on the android tablet they bolted to the front

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Stay tuned for their next game called "coffee shop"

another great idea for a theme.

#16 3 years ago

I wonder how much it would cost to license Peter Pepper and make it a Burger Time game. At least that would have some nostalgia with the core pin buying demographic.

#17 3 years ago

This kind of theme (the exact one) has been done a hell of a lot in the last 30 years.

Pinball people: "Give us original themes!!!"

Pinball Industry: "Here".

Pinball people: "No! Not like that! More like comic book super heroes and rock bands!"

#18 3 years ago

The list of titles deeproot is planning is a complete head scratcher to me.

#19 3 years ago

I think this theme sounds great.

#20 3 years ago

Another dumb idea I had by thinking about Overcooked

In between serving people you have to wash dishes/wipe the service counter by swiping the lockdown bar. If you don't clean, you get lower food reviews and the health inspector is summoned faster (see my previous post re: health inspectors). It's something silly to do, makes use of the touch screen, and it's fun to watch people struggle as they move their hands around the cabinet.

Or if you're a super serious player who hates fun, you let everything be dirty and it makes the game more challenging.

#21 3 years ago

Give me a great playing game for less money because you're not paying royalties to some already rich people and im down with that...

#22 3 years ago

Theme gives me a better feeling than deeproot.

#23 3 years ago

So much excitement, I can't believe original themes don't sell! What a lie! lol

#24 3 years ago

I want to know what the social media rules in food truck will be. How does deeproot think social media works?

#25 3 years ago

You guys think Deadpool will show up if you choose to sling chimichanga’s in campaign mode?

#26 3 years ago

Some concept art from their instagram, there's more on there but no recent updates.

https://instagram.com/deeproot.studios?igshid=1xnkglooiaxf0

77EA39D7-F3E4-4DA6-B482-D64B61AA01F3.jpeg77EA39D7-F3E4-4DA6-B482-D64B61AA01F3.jpegB663E24C-A0F7-466A-878A-2F38521FA0B8.jpegB663E24C-A0F7-466A-878A-2F38521FA0B8.jpeg90BF9DCB-09A0-4F24-9E4A-88C81D04C907.gif90BF9DCB-09A0-4F24-9E4A-88C81D04C907.gifA272586B-5D4A-4980-8C60-B995539EF204.jpegA272586B-5D4A-4980-8C60-B995539EF204.jpeg2624CE90-6866-4CD5-83F9-8016619F9952.jpeg2624CE90-6866-4CD5-83F9-8016619F9952.jpeg
    #27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

The list of titles deeproot is planning is a complete head scratcher to me.

I can’t believe they didn’t think of this title.

7F0D8B6F-C84E-4ED5-AE80-30B105E06B69 (resized).jpeg7F0D8B6F-C84E-4ED5-AE80-30B105E06B69 (resized).jpeg
    2 months later
    #28 3 years ago

Sounds like food truck will be the next DR title to be released! Start saving your pennies now!

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I can’t believe they didn’t think of this title. [quoted image]

Or this licensed one! Albeit from 1990, so not quite the 80's throwbacks that everyone lives.

nuns (resized).jpgnuns (resized).jpg
    #30 3 years ago

I’m going to speculate that DR shuts down in 2021 & this never comes out.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m going to speculate that DR shuts down in 2021 & this never comes out.

Hope your wrong even though I'm skeptical at this point.

On the flip side I live only half an hour from the future asset auction!

#32 3 years ago

what happens when a customer tries ordering something other than a cheeseburger, chips, or pepsi.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Sounds like food truck will be the next DR title to be released! Start saving your pennies now!

Did I miss something? Did they release anything yet? So how is this the “next” title? It’s all vaporware.......

#34 3 years ago

Did Multimorphic just beat Deeproot to the table with a food truck game?

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Did I miss something? Did they release anything yet? So how is this the “next” title? It’s all vaporware.......

yes you missed something. RM said it was the next one in his interview with pinball magazine. Thats it though, thats all we have

1 month later
    #36 3 years ago

I added a poll now that we know RAZA production numbers. Raza is meant to be a very limited game, and food truck should be the first full production game from DR. Do you think FT will outsell the super limited RAZA at >160 units?

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I added a poll now that we know RAZA production numbers. Raza is meant to be a very limited game, and food truck should be the first full production game from DR. Do you think FT will outsell the super limited RAZA at >160 units?

I think the timeframe and quality of the RAZA deliverables will have the biggest factor on the sales of their next game

Consumer confidence is a major hurdle they have to overcome.

But it’ll be interesting when they do announce the game for sale relative to RAZA shipping and if they do another limited sales window with minimal marketing.

I like the idea of Food Truck as an original theme. I’m mildly excited to see it.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think the timeframe and quality of the RAZA deliverables will have the biggest factor on the sales of their next game
    Consumer confidence is a major hurdle they have to overcome.
    But it’ll be interesting when they do announce the game for sale relative to RAZA shipping and if they do another limited sales window with minimal marketing.
    I like the idea of Food Truck as an original theme. I’m mildly excited to see it.

But are you mildly (or more) excited to BUY it? I am actually very excited to see it, as I'm sure many of us are. Maybe once we all see it, it will be awesome enough where a lot of people will want to buy it. You have a good point about the RAZA shipping though. That will make or break a lot of the confidence of potential owners

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

But are you mildly (or more) excited to BUY it? I am actually very excited to see it, as I'm sure many of us are. Maybe once we all see it, it will be awesome enough where a lot of people will want to buy it. You have a good point about the RAZA shipping though. That will make or break a lot of the confidence of potential owners

Depends on if Robinhood screws me on my GME gains

#40 3 years ago

I don't really think it's a great idea to bash a pinball company for their titles. More competition usually equals lower prices. If you want to pay more money, then bash away. It's true that Deeproot has been arrogant and that is off-putting to people but I still think we should route for them to succeed.

In any event, do we know 100% for sure that 'Food Truck' is the next title? Might this be a tactic similar to what Spooky did before releasing 'Rick and Morty'?

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from jcg9998:

I don't really think it's a great idea to bash a pinball company for their titles. More competition usually equals lower prices. If you want to pay more money, then bash away. It's true that Deeproot has been arrogant and that is off-putting to people but I still think we should route for them to succeed.
    In any event, do we know 100% for sure that 'Food Truck' is the next title? Might this be a tactic similar to what Spooky did before releasing 'Rick and Morty'?

More competition = lower prices.?

Seems to be quite the opposite effect in this hobby.

#42 3 years ago

I think you'd be in for a shock at what would happen if all of the companies went out of business and left Stern as the only company standing. What's driving the pinball market is not more games but more people entering the hobby. Period. More demand equals higher prices. It's simple economics.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from jcg9998:

I think you'd be in for a shock at what would happen if all of the companies went out of business and left Stern as the only company standing. What's driving the pinball market is not more games but more people entering the hobby. Period. More demand equals higher prices. It's simple economics.

its almost as if that has happened before....

Damn, I can't wait for all these low priced pins to start coming into distributors now that theres more competition than ever!

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from jcg9998:

I think you'd be in for a shock at what would happen if all of the companies went out of business and left Stern as the only company standing...

Man I miss those days when everything was cheap.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from jcg9998:

I don't really think it's a great idea to bash a pinball company for their titles. More competition usually equals lower prices.

In pinball that’s the furthest thing from the truth.

Every single manufacturer who has gotten into the game since 2010 has had HIGHER prices than the industry leader, which in turn has raised prices across the board.

In pinball, competition has done nothing but raised prices.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-food-truck-speculation-thread?hl=guiitarman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.