New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 277939)

OFFICIAL Food Truck speculation thread

By Haymaker

33 days ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 days ago by ultimategameroom
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7F0D8B6F-C84E-4ED5-AE80-30B105E06B69 (resized).jpeg
    A272586B-5D4A-4980-8C60-B995539EF204.jpeg
    2624CE90-6866-4CD5-83F9-8016619F9952.jpeg
    77EA39D7-F3E4-4DA6-B482-D64B61AA01F3.jpeg
    B663E24C-A0F7-466A-878A-2F38521FA0B8.jpeg
    90BF9DCB-09A0-4F24-9E4A-88C81D04C907.gif
    Screen-Shot-2020-09-22-at-11.27.10-AM (resized).png

#1 33 days ago

This is the thread to talk all things known and what you think will happen with the freshly announced and highly anticipated new title from Deep Root pinball- FOOD TRUCK

What kinds of foods and craaazy mechs do you think we will be in store for?

Screen-Shot-2020-09-22-at-11.27.10-AM (resized).png
    #2 33 days ago

Looks like maybe we will get a chance to play as an ex-luchadore now running a taco truck? Maybe a selection of characters including a singing waitress and a snarky indian man? Perhaps he can be sort of like the soup nazi from seinfeld, and if you don't make the proper shots NO SOUP FOR YOU!

#3 33 days ago

It could be an ok game if it's basically Diner 2.0. I liked the idea of balancing getting ingredients, managing a kitchen, and delivering food items before customers get cranky.

Basically Overcooked the game. (I wonder how much a license for that video game would be?)

#4 33 days ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

It could be an ok game if it's basically Diner 2.0. I liked the idea of balancing getting ingredients, managing a kitchen, and delivering food items before customers get cranky.
    Basically Overcooked the game. (I wonder how much a license for that video game would be?)

Nailed it, my girlfriend and I love Overcooked and so does anyone else we get to play it with us. I think a food truck based pin could be awesome if it's done right, lots of potential.

#5 33 days ago

What if on the touch screen lock down bar, occasionally a roach runs across it and you have to slap it. Maybe too gross, maybe too abusive of the touch screen, but just an idea.

#6 33 days ago

I can't believe this is an actual thing who is going to buy it.

#7 33 days ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Nailed it, my girlfriend and I love Overcooked and so does anyone else we get to play it with us. I think a food truck based pin could be awesome if it's done right, lots of potential.

YUP! Diner was awesome, this could be another cool non licensed. Lots of options on how to play/rules! I'll be excited to see how it turns out.

#8 33 days ago

Couldn’t they have added just a little panache to the name?

“Food Truck Frenzy” or “Food Truck Fever” instead of just Food Truck?

-Doug

#9 33 days ago

With a concept this mind-blowingly innovative, I can see why Deep Root was so intent on defending blackface Barry's choice of Halloween Costumes. You just can't let this kind of genius out of the building, even if it comes with "baggage."

#10 33 days ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Lol nobody

#11 33 days ago

It could be fun if every once in a while a "health department inspector" is scheduled to come to look at your truck. But you have to quickly put everything away and hit the road so they don't fine you.

#12 33 days ago

Wait... this ISN’T a snarky Pinside joke thread?

#13 33 days ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wait... this ISN’T a snarky Pinside joke thread?

Its whatever you'd like it to be *wink*

#14 33 days ago

I’m sure the layout is a fusion of TAXI and DINER.

/actually it’s just a box of lights and a free-2-play “burger builder” game you play on the android tablet they bolted to the front

#15 33 days ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Stay tuned for their next game called "coffee shop"

another great idea for a theme.

#16 33 days ago

I wonder how much it would cost to license Peter Pepper and make it a Burger Time game. At least that would have some nostalgia with the core pin buying demographic.

#17 33 days ago

This kind of theme (the exact one) has been done a hell of a lot in the last 30 years.

Pinball people: "Give us original themes!!!"

Pinball Industry: "Here".

Pinball people: "No! Not like that! More like comic book super heroes and rock bands!"

#18 33 days ago

The list of titles deeproot is planning is a complete head scratcher to me.

#19 33 days ago

I think this theme sounds great.

#20 33 days ago

Another dumb idea I had by thinking about Overcooked

In between serving people you have to wash dishes/wipe the service counter by swiping the lockdown bar. If you don't clean, you get lower food reviews and the health inspector is summoned faster (see my previous post re: health inspectors). It's something silly to do, makes use of the touch screen, and it's fun to watch people struggle as they move their hands around the cabinet.

Or if you're a super serious player who hates fun, you let everything be dirty and it makes the game more challenging.

#21 33 days ago

Give me a great playing game for less money because you're not paying royalties to some already rich people and im down with that...

#22 33 days ago

Theme gives me a better feeling than deeproot.

#23 31 days ago

So much excitement, I can't believe original themes don't sell! What a lie! lol

#24 31 days ago

I want to know what the social media rules in food truck will be. How does deeproot think social media works?

#25 31 days ago

You guys think Deadpool will show up if you choose to sling chimichanga’s in campaign mode?

#26 31 days ago

Some concept art from their instagram, there's more on there but no recent updates.

https://instagram.com/deeproot.studios?igshid=1xnkglooiaxf0

77EA39D7-F3E4-4DA6-B482-D64B61AA01F3.jpegB663E24C-A0F7-466A-878A-2F38521FA0B8.jpeg90BF9DCB-09A0-4F24-9E4A-88C81D04C907.gifA272586B-5D4A-4980-8C60-B995539EF204.jpeg2624CE90-6866-4CD5-83F9-8016619F9952.jpeg
    #27 31 days ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

The list of titles deeproot is planning is a complete head scratcher to me.

I can’t believe they didn’t think of this title.

7F0D8B6F-C84E-4ED5-AE80-30B105E06B69 (resized).jpeg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 218.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    Various Other Swag
    Shoot Again Pinball
    $ 68.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 38.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 1.00
    Lighting - Other
    Rocket City Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 78.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside