8%

(24 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

01F159A4-CD80-4E18-ACC4-A604B2645164 (resized).jpeg
A9A0778B-897D-4DC4-8096-502929DE1C23 (resized).jpeg
A4769F27-97B4-4EA1-B612-0B2B165B32EB (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

Whats up pinside! We need an official pinside fallout 76 thread. I have been playing Fallout since 1997, so I am a super fan. Lets exchange ideas,tips, news, thoughts ect ect. Also since this fallout will be online only, feel free to leave your psn or xbox live name for others to find.

Xbox live user : shotwhatnot07

Praise and hate welcome. What do you all think of this game?

#2 5 years ago

After spending about 20 hours or so i had got my guy to lvl 18. I hadent seen anyone in hours, and i was exploring a little town when all of the sudden a guy with a bounty shows up. Its only a 10 cap bounty, but im an 18lvl, and this guy was 11. I ready the shotty and unload on this fool. Shit its only doing 2% damage with each shot. Ffs this guy just shoots me once and half my health is gone. So i do what any hero stud would do, i run back to my base which is nearby. This lvl 11 is chasing me the whole way. When we finally get to my base, the 6 auto turrets make quick work of him. He comes back 3 min later and we fire at each other for 5 min or so, then he disapears. I wait it out to make sure hes gone and start crafting cooking. Im deep in some menu reading and chilling. I come out of the menu and the guy is standing next to me with a 10mm pointed at my head. Who knows how long he was there lol. I friended him immediately and we had a good laugh.

#3 5 years ago

I put in a few hours yesterday (ps4). Not sure it's everything I wanted it to be just yet. Slow going and too much focus on the crafting stuff.

#4 5 years ago

The crafting was my least favorite part of the last game, is it worse?

#5 5 years ago

Yes. Increased in importance because of food / water needs I think. I'm barely started and it's already a lot of inventory juggling to carry resources and stay under weight.

#6 5 years ago

I’m loving it...
Honestly it’s the only reason I have a PS.
The crafting is a bit of a bitch but when you store everything and scrap it’s manageable.
Online with friends is great, or solo is good to. Glad it’s not just Fallout 5 but rather an evolved game.

#7 5 years ago

I put at least 400 hours into the survival mode of fallout 4. This helped me get ready for fo76 as it is very similar. My base is situated around 2 other high level basses, only i have placed it in an electrical power line tower. So far its 3 levels and looks cool.

Im really enjoying it so far. No npc isnt bothering me. When i run in groups we have a blast, and when Im solo its challenging fun.

Crafting is an important part of the game, but you dont have to focus on it. You can create a simple base in 5 min.

#8 5 years ago

I've been putting 2-3 hours each night since the beta. It's okay so far. I do miss the single player experience with stories, NPCs, etc, but it is what it is.

Been moving my CAMP frequently to explore different areas and round back to the CAMP to drop off my loot. I already hit the 400 weight limit. Wish the traders gave more per sale.

I avoid PvP. It's pretty barren for other players. I'll sometimes do a follow-along with another player to beat out baddies, but no real teams have been formed.

#9 5 years ago

online takes me offline from buying this one. I love the single player

#10 5 years ago

99% of my playtime in fo76 has been solo. There are even solo perks you can get. Its a lonley world for a single player, but i think it adds to the theme. Help rebuild after a total nuclear wipeout.

#11 5 years ago

I ended up passing on Fallout 76. The "story" in Fallout 76 isn't just what I'm looking for. Without human NPC's that interact with the player (and instead text boxes and audio logs) that game has a very mid 2000's MMO vibe to it in my opinion. Combine that with all of the hats, outfits and building system and seems like Bethesda tried to make Fallout: Fortnite edition. Will take a look back on the game in 6 months, see how its changed, and maybe reconsider.

#12 5 years ago

I am playing on PS4 and finding it very difficult. I've sunk over 100 hours into all the other games in the franchise. I'm only about 5 hrs in but finding it tough to keep enough food water and stimpacks in my inventory. Also the prices from picked up weapons and such are shit so far. I do not have a decent camp yet so maybe I will work on that tonight. I paid $60 for the game and &60 for a yr of ps plus and so far it's not meeting my expectations. I don't care for the new vats system but understand why they made it this way. Also it sucks the game can not pause while pulling up pipboy although I also understand why this is not an option. I'm really hoping to love it more as I pile some more hours into but so far a tad let down. At $120 I'm going to play the shit out of it regardless.

#13 5 years ago

Just put the game in to play only to see there is another 51GB update I need to download agian!
I’m not really feeling this game as much as I really liked fallout 4. Feels like there’s really no story. I really just wanna play it single player so maby that’s why it’s just not really as fun.

#14 5 years ago

I've got over 1000 hours on Fallout 4 and I've never played an on-line game in my life and was disappointed to find out Fallout 76 would be online but . . . . . . . . it's an absolute blast. Yes, there are no NPCs but there is so much too explore. I suggest you single players give it shot, I played over 3 hours last night and never ran into another human player. Gamestop is selling it on Wednesday for $40

#15 5 years ago

The no NPC makes sense in the story line though. This is the first vault to open since the nukes. Hence no humans to interact with. Just other online players from the same vault.

Loving it, here’s hoping this update fixes a bunch of bugs.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

The no NPC makes sense in the story line though. This is the first vault to open since the nukes.

Ah shit they're all like that

#17 5 years ago

I'm stupid. I got home at 4:10pm, didn't start the big update download until now. This has happened twice now. Ugh. I just wanna play some F76 before I go to bed. Watching Narcos in the meantime.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ah shit they're all like that

Mmm facts...

A4769F27-97B4-4EA1-B612-0B2B165B32EB (resized).pngA4769F27-97B4-4EA1-B612-0B2B165B32EB (resized).png
#19 5 years ago

There is no pinball in red dead 2.......

A9A0778B-897D-4DC4-8096-502929DE1C23 (resized).jpegA9A0778B-897D-4DC4-8096-502929DE1C23 (resized).jpeg
#20 5 years ago

There is no pinball in red dead 2.....

01F159A4-CD80-4E18-ACC4-A604B2645164 (resized).jpeg01F159A4-CD80-4E18-ACC4-A604B2645164 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#21 5 years ago

Anybody getting booted off their server at least once a day? Then waiting what seems like forever during loading screens? I soooo wanna love this game but it's pissing me off. My camp sucks and it seems like I never have the budget to add a turrit or 1/2 the stations. Anyone have good tips for building camp budget?

#22 5 years ago

Yuuuuup. Booted by server then you lose the last 5 min or so of progress.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Anybody getting booted off their server at least once a day? Then waiting what seems like forever during loading screens? I soooo wanna love this game but it's pissing me off. My camp sucks and it seems like I never have the budget to add a turrit or 1/2 the stations. Anyone have good tips for building camp budget?

I've had a couple random times where I have been booted, sadly. Add that to the numerous minor(and some game breaking) bugs, and it's not the world's greatest experience.

For building turrets and the like, mark what you need for one, and do some junk farming. Areas with no or low-level enmies are your friend, where you can raid desks,garages, etc for much-needed junk to build said turrets. I'm up to 5 of them now, which has been doing me good. I only have a 2x2 house that houses my work benches and that works for me.

I'm averaging around 2 hours a night leveling up & doing small quests.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend on Xbox Live, I'd love to do some quests as a team: Teebo1500. Just send me a message saying you're from Pinside, and we'll team up. Teaming up makes things quite a bit more fun.

#24 5 years ago

Man.....idk. I pick up everything I come across and screp it. I'm a lvl12 and I have only been able to build 2 workbenches. I'll keep digging!

#25 5 years ago

Objectively; Fallout 76 is a horrible game. This engine is out of date; it's a poor Console port; The menus suck for the PC. Forcing the PC players to use the Bethsda launcher for no reason makes zero sense. Bethesda can't seem to figure out how to properly patch a game. I had to redownload a full 47GBs on the day of the new patch.

There really isn't any reason to play with friends; as you quickly get out sync. What's the point of a Camp? I have a friend whom was a level 30 by end of beta; and is now like level 70 or maybe it's 80. I'm still chugging along at lvl 23. We don't have the same objective and he's so overpowered it's not fun for me.

That said; it is a "different" game in a time "meh games" which has multiplayer support.
Hopefully Bethesda will actually put some debug resources on the game and make it fun for everyone... but I'm not holding hope.

#26 5 years ago

I'm not either. I hate multi player games unless it's a fighting game and I have ran into a person or two but never interacted with any of them. Camp is nice for sleep and crafting (if you can afford to build them) but that's about it.

#27 5 years ago

Still rocking this game and im lvl 52 now. I have been over encumbered for almost a week waiting for the monday update which will give me 200 more pounds in the camp stash.

Xbox live: add me shotwhatnot07

I would say that the game boots me from server a min of 1-2 times

Some bugs that have happened to me:

I farm power cores and can get 10-20 of them per night of playing in 4 hours via capturing a workshop, and powering the core maker.

After having 29 cores in my inventory , i decided to mess around and try to transfer all of the cores to my power frame. It let me do it, but the cores disappeared from the game. Ffs.

The turrets at my camp decided to destroy everything. I was chilling deep in some menu, when i hear the turrets firing. I get out of the menu to find the baddie and kill them quickly. I run around and there are no baddies. But the autoturrets continue to destroy my camp, until it was gone. At first i was pissed/panicked, but i found it humerous later. I snapped a screenshot photo for posterity.

#28 5 years ago

Buggy as hell. Can I please kill Evan?

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

Still rocking this game and im lvl 52 now. I have been over encumbered for almost a week waiting for the monday update which will give me 200 more pounds in the camp stash.
Xbox live: add me shotwhatnot07

I'll send you a friend request. I'm Teebo1500.

Last night was a good run. I ran into a friendly player near WhiteSprings, and we did some mission in a mine. We got attacked by no less than 30 mole miners. He died and couldn't respawn due to game bugs. But gave me some plans, and I let him have the power armor there(he declined). So now, I have an almost complete set of power armor that isn't over my level.

Right now my Xbox Live screenshots are now just of all bugs/glitches in the game. Heh

#30 5 years ago

I bought it at launch, I’ve played several times but just can’t keep going until they fix it up a bit! Vats is buggy at best and the frame rate is atrocious !

I love fallout of course, wouldn’t be making a custom pin otherwise, but this game is so bad! I will try to get in and give it another go

I can’t stand review bombing, almost no game deserves a 0. I give it 4/10

#31 5 years ago

As demonstrated tonight, playing with even just 1 additional member on your team really makes the game much more fun. I'm now well on my way to excavator power armor, thinking it would be an impossible task. When were doing that, about 4 other players decided to randomly meet us in the same area, and we were making light work of high level Scorched.

#32 5 years ago

Dumb question but what is power armor even for? I find it just cumbersome and annoying. Only lvl 42 - does it have bigger purpose down the road?

And looking forward to today’s update as well. Stash space is annoying.

Oh and do you guys just destroy your low level unique armor/weapons? Able to upgrade blade of Bassett but most uniques I just quickly outgrow.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Oshara:

Dumb question but what is power armor even for? I find it just cumbersome and annoying. Only lvl 42 - does it have bigger purpose down the road?
And looking forward to today’s update as well. Stash space is annoying.
Oh and do you guys just destroy your low level unique armor/weapons? Able to upgrade blade of Bassett but most uniques I just quickly outgrow.

Just think of power armor as extra hit points around you. There's also the added benefits of special armor pieces(rocket pack, etc). Also you can get better radiation protection. I don't use it all the time, just in areas that get a bit sticky.

If it's legendary & too low level for me, I just sell whatever armor/weapon off for a sad amount of caps.Or if there's newbie players nearby, just give it to them or donate to the overseer's cache.

2 weeks later
#34 5 years ago

I have been meeting up with s1500 and its so much better with a buddy.

It s still fun for me. They have adressed about 8 out of 12670 “issues” with the game, and we are on our way to getting the real mmorpg game thats in all the diehard Fallout hearts and minds

On xbox add us and we will rule WV

Shotwhatnot07

#35 5 years ago

I've come around. Although I'm still not playing with other players yet I've really started to enjoy the game. I'm lvl 21. I finally have a decent camp w/ 6 turrets and most of the workbenches. The things that bug me most are the value at which you sell things (and I have barter (3) equipt when I sell) and the fact that you can't sell ammo like in the other games. I have 1,300 .308 rounds that don't do me any good. I keep saving everything hoping that an update will let me be able to sell them. Also it bugs me that vendors only have 200 caps and after you buy them out of caps and sell back to them they only make 1/3 of sold back amt avail.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I've come around. Although I'm still not playing with other players yet I've really started to enjoy the game. I'm lvl 21. I finally have a decent camp w/ 6 turrets and most of the workbenches. The things that bug me most are the value at which you sell things (and I have barter (3) equipt when I sell) and the fact that you can't sell ammo like in the other games. I have 1,300 .308 rounds that don't do me any good. I keep saving everything hoping that an update will let me be able to sell them. Also it bugs me that vendors only have 200 caps and after you buy them out of caps and sell back to them they only make 1/3 of sold back amt avail.

Curious what you’re spending caps on. I have about 3k. Not sure if that’s a lot or a little. But only thing I seem to spend them on in fast travel.

I just don’t loot ammo I don’t need. You can make ammo pretty cheaply so I don’t bother hoarding due to space concerns.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Oshara:

Curious what you’re spending caps on. I have about 3k. Not sure if that’s a lot or a little. But only thing I seem to spend them on in fast travel.
I just don’t loot ammo I don’t need. You can make ammo pretty cheaply so I don’t bother hoarding due to space concerns.

There’s serums that are 4400 caps.
Although they are pretty far into the game.

#38 5 years ago

Mainly moving my camp and fast travel. Also Stimpacks.

#39 5 years ago

I'm also in the 'too few caps club' as my charisma is 1, and anything I sell only gets me a couple caps.

My main quest is still finding countless plans, and all I seem to find are duplicates, or things I'm not interested in crafting. There's also plenty I can't craft just yet without the right perk card. So is life.

#40 5 years ago

use grape mentants and swap in the bartering card when dealing with vendors. I swap in home defense 3 when taking over outposts or changing my camp.
I wish there was a way to save cards sets, it'd make using them much easier. Im low on caps because I moved my camp last night and while the GUI said 40 , it ended up taking like 400. Now I have too few to move it again , merp.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

while the GUI said 40 , it ended up taking like 400. Now I have too few to move it again , merp

I've had this happen multipal times. To where I'm so low on caps I can't move camp or fast travel and I'm far away in a hard zone. I just had to keep running and finding work beeches untill I finally came upon a train station to sell stuff sounds like there will be a big update starting this am. Hope they sort out a lot of stuff. Still having fun though.

#42 5 years ago

I haven't played FO76 in about a week...
and I don't miss that buggy pos.

Seriously; Bethesda needs to learn how to not ship games that don't pass QA.
Either than or fire the CEO who allowed it to ship "to make money"

#43 5 years ago

@ Zitt ive always followed your posts and appreciate what you have to offer. I understand 100% what you are saying. Its true, all of the bad press/ descisions have led to a bad rollout.

But Fallout is my videogame heroin. I have played 100’s if not thousands of games in my gaming career. I have completed only a few of those games. I have completed evey fo game multiple times. I even became friends with a fo2 dev when my college buddy married him in eary 2000’s. Also they tend to realese the games on or around my birthday since fallout 3. I even have a pretty sick design in my head for a fallout inspired full sleeve tattoo. I could go on and on...

I sunk over 400 hours into the survival mode of fo4 in which:

You cant fast travel. You can only save via sleeping in beds. You have to eat and drink to stay alive. Weight of your stuff matters immensly. Enemies are all over powered.

It really got me ready for fo76

Some tips:
Get on reddit /fo76 as there is so much info on the game. Yes there is alot of sad posts, and fanboy bullshit on there, but lotsa helpful psa tips.

Find a loop to lvl and loot. I start at the managomah powerplant and capture it if its open. Then i defend the camp quest, then i head north to the lil town, clear it, then south to the motel which usually is filled with high lvl ghouls. Then back to the power plant to scrap it all.

I spend my caps on plans only. Certain plans can only be bought at particular levels. The handmade(ak47) plan can only be had tween lvl 15-20. The lever action rifle can only be got between lvl25-40
There are 5 factions in the game each with their own vendor. Find watoga vendor on waaay east side of map. Find the grafton vendor. Find the whitesprings vendor inside the building basement(he has the lever action plans) Each of the 5 should have different plans for you.

See you out there!

Shotwhatnot07 xbox

6 months later
#44 4 years ago

So is anyone still plying red dead redemption out there?

8 months in and a bazillion fixes later FO76 isbetter then ever. Still alot of progress to be made.

See you out there

Xbox gt Shotwhatnot07

9 months later
#45 3 years ago

Bumping thread to see how you guys like Wastelanders...

I started playing FO76 about a month after launch. Some things have steadily gotten better, but game hacking/cheating is worse.

The new DLC is cool and has a new gold bullion system for rewards. Too bad I am on PC or we could get a Pinside team rolling...

#46 3 years ago

I got the free steam upgrade version (had to link my Bethesda account), havent installed or played it yet. Not sure if I will, been playin the crap out of Streets of Rage 4.

2 months later
#47 3 years ago

Friends keep talking me out of getting a left arm sleeve tattoo that is entirely fallout based. Imagine what a fan i am.

Still I could no longer sludge through the same old shit. Wastelandsrs should have dropped with the game at launch. I played it for a few hours and just could not get rehooked. Combining all my toons i was prob lvl500.

I await its next iteration with baited breath.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

Friends keep talking me out of getting a left arm sleeve tattoo that is entirely fallout based. Imagine what a fan i am.
Still I could no longer sludge through the same old shit. Wastelandsrs should have dropped with the game at launch. I played it for a few hours and just could not get rehooked. Combining all my toons i was prob lvl500.
I await its next iteration with baited breath.

I did drop it after a few hours. $60 wasted. But I just wanted to post and say that sleeve could be pretty amazing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-fallout-76-thread?hl=oshara and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.