20220430_095711 (resized).jpg
20230327_185532 (resized).jpg
20230327_191832 (resized).jpg
20230209_031827 (resized).jpg
20230209_031734 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20220526_224112 (resized).jpg
20220526_230439 (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SMP14.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#388 2 years ago

Hi! Took awhile to read all of this thread
I have a D&D almost working, just a few things that I have questions about.

During gameplay, all I hear are the gongs and no music or laughing by the witch or the dragon. Not sure why, might be in the sounds testing, but very stumped because some of the sound works.

When the back pop bumper triggers, the right one triggers as well, but when I try to activate the right one, nothing happens. Is there messed up wiring somewhere?

Other question is that when I have 3 balls installed in the game, its says ball missing but adding a 4th ball starts the game. The trough opto board I got had 4 emitters but only 3 receivers so I added another receiver. Was this the play or what was I supposed to do instead? I was reading that 4 balls is the way but when I look elsewhere I see that 3 balls should only be installed.
Thanks for the help!

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

Don't know the answer to any other questions, but replacing the through onto boards with the Great Lakes Electronics ones definitely fixed a few errors for me!

I tried reaching out to Great Lakes Electronics and they did not reply to any of my emails. I am a little nervous that they went out of business!

3 months later
#400 2 years ago

Hey pinballfan I got the trough opto boards a few days ago actually and I just saw your message haha it works wonderfully!

Now, the reason why I've come back to this thread, I'm having an issue though with my game though. When I lock a ball sometimes, and then the ball goes into the back left dragons lair switch, or just the ball goes to the left dragons lair switch in general, the right dragons lair coil will fire over and over but the left one won't fire. Why is this? When i turn the game off and turn it back on the left coil kicker fires to knock the ball back into play. Please help thank you!

#402 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Test that switch in the switch test and see if it reports correctly. You probably have a wiring or diode issue.

It might because I have only 3 balls installed in my game....will check when I get home today. Problem only happens during multiball when I only have 1 ball locked.

---- EDIT...I think I might just extend the rubber so the ball doesnt go in that eject anymore. It only happens during 2 ball multiball and sometimes it kicks on the left and sometimes it kicks on the right, and I can't seem to duplicate the problem on a consistent basis. when I drain out of multiball it kicks the ball out. Could be PIA chip

1 week later
#408 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

could be diode, could be cap. the caps on the switches are a common failure point and if one is starting to go it can do all kinds of screwy things to the switch matrix

I will replace the cap on the switch when my order from Marco comes in next week. This game has always been an issue but its a keeper. Game was hallowed out when I got it. No boards, not even the transformer was in it, only thing that was there was the cab, the stripped playfield, and the fuse block on the left.
Sometimes I think this hobby is a money pit, but then I realize after my 10th game that its an INVESTMENT

3 weeks later
#413 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan:

i found opto for my d&d!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

awesome! they got my D&D working as well!

5 months later
#498 2 years ago

Someone said CPR is making a playfield for this game?? Can anyone confirm thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SMP14.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-dungeons-and-dragons-dd-club-all-welcome?tu=SMP14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.