Topic Stats

• 276 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by CullenT
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 116 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190715_201639 (resized).jpg
20190630_153012 (resized).jpg
2019-06-30 20.08.47 (resized).jpg
2019-07-08 13.47.50 (resized).jpg
2019-07-08 13.47.47 (resized).jpg
2019-07-03 13.34.51 (resized).jpg
2019-07-01 11.54.53 (resized).jpg
2019-06-30 19.51.31 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190626_164459 (resized).jpg
208_0817 (resized).JPG
D&D cap (resized).jpg
20180811_160238 (resized).jpg
20180811_160308 (resized).jpg
20180811_160318 (resized).jpg
IMG_1544 (resized).jpg

There are 276 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 79 days ago

Can anybody help me figure out the P/N or potential replacement for the locking bar on my D&D? The Bally docs I have don't seem to call it out separate from the cabinet unfortunately. This one is pretty worn out so I'd love to find a new one for it. Thanks, -Steve

#252 75 days ago
Quoted from textaddict:

Can anybody help me figure out the P/N or potential replacement for the locking bar on my D&D? The Bally docs I have don't seem to call it out separate from the cabinet unfortunately. This one is pretty worn out so I'd love to find a new one for it. Thanks, -Steve

A Standard Bally should work... https://www.pinballlife.com/bally-standard-size-stainless-steel-lockdown-bar-with-epoxied-under-carriage-circa-1974-1988.html

1 month later
#253 26 days ago

Does anybody know where to look in (or on) this game, for the manufacturer's serial number? I've got a tag inside, but I don't know if that's a serial number tag or some other number.

On my Fireball II, it is stamped on the side of the cabinet, and on the backbox. On D&D, no easily discernible sign of a number anywhere.

#254 26 days ago

Nevermind, found it. And now I know why it took so long to find it

#255 23 days ago

New member here looking for some help and advice. My d and d machine needs a good going over. I was thinking about updating the bulbs to leds. There must be close to 50 bulbs in there and I see many different types available on eBay. Any recommendations on what type I need and what a fair price is?

Also have a bottom right flipper that sticks. Flipping the left flipper repeatedly makes the right go down. Is this a symptom of a broken part or a lubrication type issue?

Thanks
Dave

#256 22 days ago
Quoted from VampireKangaroo:

So I'm opening up the playfield on my Dungeons and Dragons. I've ordered a set of pop bumper caps but they do not fit. Can anyone let me know the exact ones I need? Or a link maybe? Thanks in advance.

mine was broken never found a replacement. but do you have acces to a 3d printer? we modeld a new cap from the old broken one. fits perfectly.
il add the link an pics after uploading it.

Quoted from brakeshoe:

New member here looking for some help and advice. My d and d machine needs a good going over. I was thinking about updating the bulbs to leds. There must be close to 50 bulbs in there and I see many different types available on eBay. Any recommendations on what type I need and what a fair price is?
Also have a bottom right flipper that sticks. Flipping the left flipper repeatedly makes the right go down. Is this a symptom of a broken part or a lubrication type issue?
Thanks
Dave

the dnd pinball only uses wedge bulbs like 555#. you can easally replace them with leds. there are 74 bulbs if i remember correctly.

#257 19 days ago

Finally found a nice copy that has not bee trashed and thrashed and is complete

IMG_20190626_164459 (resized).jpg
#258 15 days ago

Hello everyone, new to the club. Hoping to clean up my D&D in time for my daughter's birthday in Sept.

The playfield needs some work. If I find a decent replacement I'll jump on it.

In the meantime I'm just starting to clear the playfield and I've never done this before. Taking tons of pics. Wish me luck I'm sure I'll need it!

-CT

#259 15 days ago
Quoted from Les73gtx:

Finally found a nice copy that has not bee trashed and thrashed and is complete[quoted image]

Beautiful example! I hope I can get mine to that level somehow.

#260 10 days ago

Just a heads up, there are now replacement cabinet decals for those that need them.

Ministry of pinball has them for now

#261 9 days ago

Hello everyone.
Ordering a set of replacement rubber. Do most folks go with the white set? The ones I am replacing are yellow.

Interested to learn what color/mix might work best.
Thanks
CT

#262 9 days ago

Actually my current ones are orange, not yellow. My bad.

#263 9 days ago
Quoted from CullenT:

Hello everyone.
Ordering a set of replacement rubber. Do most folks go with the white set? The ones I am replacing are yellow.
Interested to learn what color/mix might work best.
Thanks
CT

I did mine in blue to coordinate with the plastics

#264 7 days ago

I ordered orange superbands for mine I feel that there is enough blue in the plastics .... will be doing so other mods as well

#265 6 days ago
Quoted from Les73gtx:

I ordered orange superbands for mine I feel that there is enough blue in the plastics .... will be doing so other mods as well

Awesome! What other mods re you doing? Post pics when you get them done!

#266 6 days ago

Curious to see how you guys have “modified” a hydraulic table to move this thing? The odd shape of the bottom makes it a bitch to move.

#267 5 days ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

Awesome! What other mods re you doing? Post pics when you get them done!

Always felt that the topper, image of the dragon, was a little lack luster .... could definitely be improved ... that mod is happening as we speak ...

I have stripped the playfield and removed the mylar and have finished the first round of clear ... waiting a few days and then will sand, touch up, add insert decals that I am making and clear again.

Will add pin-blades, and LED flipper and start buttons (my own design) and most likely put some figurines tastefully around the playfield.

2019-07-01 11.54.53 (resized).jpg2019-06-30 19.51.31 (resized).jpg2019-06-30 20.08.47 (resized).jpg2019-07-08 13.47.47 (resized).jpg2019-07-08 13.47.50 (resized).jpg2019-07-03 13.34.51 (resized).jpg
#268 5 days ago

I need a couple pictures of that upper flipper from some owners ... mine is hacked and I have only seen one other that had a good angle ... looked like a star post and a 1 inch rubber to the gate post but I am not sure that was right ... I have a new plastic set and I am sure that plastic is the only thing that goes there just not broken in the picture ... Show me what you got

#269 5 days ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

So here is my Saturday afternoon project. My front cabinet has been chipped since I got it, and I never was a fan to begin with of the flat black look (especially next to my Doctor Who) so now it has some front cabinet graphics of its own!

[quoted image][quoted image]

If you don't mind sharing this file for the front bricks I would put the Banner at the bottom and make a dragon under the start button and share it back to you! I want to keep it somewhat original but dang I just can't get over the all black front. I like yours better for sure. Nice work

#270 4 days ago
Quoted from Les73gtx:

I need a couple pictures of that upper flipper from some owners ... mine is hacked and I have only seen one other that had a good angle ... looked like a star post and a 1 inch rubber to the gate post but I am not sure that was right ... I have a new plastic set and I am sure that plastic is the only thing that goes there just not broken in the picture ... Show me what you got[quoted image]

Mine's packed up right now from moving... hopefully someone can jump in here!

#271 4 days ago

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/OyPnav

ummm looking for some art work and I came across this .... anyone know anything about this?

Scroll down and see all the images

#272 4 days ago
Quoted from Les73gtx:

ummm looking for some art work and I came across this .... anyone know anything about this?

Cool! but looks like someone's computer graphics project. In the earlier pictures, you can tell it's a model as the shading's off.

#273 3 days ago
Quoted from Les73gtx:

Looks like someone rethemed an iron maiden, very cool!

#274 5 hours ago
Quoted from Les73gtx:

I need a couple pictures of that upper flipper from some owners ... mine is hacked and I have only seen one other that had a good angle ... looked like a star post and a 1 inch rubber to the gate post but I am not sure that was right ... I have a new plastic set and I am sure that plastic is the only thing that goes there just not broken in the picture ... Show me what you got[quoted image]

My playfield is stripped but I took this shot to help me remember what goes where. Hope this helps.
-CT

20190630_153012 (resized).jpg
#275 5 hours ago

And this with the plastic removed.

20190715_201639 (resized).jpg
#276 5 hours ago

Removed the mylar that was bubbling all over. Started with Goo Gone but that was very inefficient. It also pulled up a lot of the insert paint even going as slow and cautiously as possible. Using the freezing method was an absolute breeze. Night and day difference! Left the ink on the inserts intact but they will be sacrificed as I try to get all this glue up I'm sure. Playfield paint itself unscathed.

Will be looking for decals or some other solution for the inserts.
-CT

Goo gone never seems to work for me very well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 137.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 13.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 39.95
$ 4,800.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Great American Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
There are 276 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside