31335873-2985-4363-BEA3-3B07BDEBBA15 (resized).jpeg
20230124_133035 (resized).jpg
5775CD25-1F14-4939-B604-14F7A11CAB79 (resized).jpeg
F2482928-9DE0-4E66-BC2D-2D3A1E8E23C3 (resized).jpeg
3DD026F5-0C38-4AB6-8899-7467E74C2B13 (resized).jpeg
A8DB5F98-C35A-42B8-8A57-5870426A93C2 (resized).jpeg
84fe2a0076ef62be0795acbb6f59365451a93a1f (resized).jpg
20221111_200913 (resized).jpg

There are 743 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.
#701 89 days ago

Got a couple photos.
I don’t think the correct spring is in either. The red one seems so stiff.

1014DA7D-8A39-419B-A01A-AB9F0636088A (resized).jpeg2BE5132E-F906-451D-A121-E91B9277C8F2 (resized).jpeg
#702 89 days ago

On a side note I blew a fuse. It says check fuse 1 , which makes sense since I lost power to the sol. But that fuse on the power board is good. Can it be one of the under the playfield fuses?
Lights and sounds all work..

#703 89 days ago
Quoted from topkat:

Got a couple photos.
I don’t think the correct spring is in either. The red one seems so stiff. [quoted image][quoted image]

Here's mine that works perfectly.

Going to guess it is one step down from red.. Whatever that is. Definitely a stiff spring.. Not quite red stiff

Ball makes contact with rubber tip on mine... So maybe mine is coming out a bit further?

20221111_200913 (resized).jpg
#704 89 days ago
Quoted from topkat:

Got a couple photos.
I don’t think the correct spring is in either. The red one seems so stiff. [quoted image][quoted image]

Also check the shooter lane guide that the ball takes. Make sure there is no play on this and see if you can adjust the angle at all.. On mine a half plunge is about right for a skill shot.. Any more will go around the top ramp and come out the other end.

#705 89 days ago
Quoted from koji:

Also check the shooter lane guide that the ball takes. Make sure there is no play on this and see if you can adjust the angle at all.. On mine a half plunge is about right for a skill shot.. Any more will go around the top ramp and come out the other end.

Thanks for the photo. If only I can get mine to play like your videos…
If certainly looks like it sits further up. This helps me visualize what I am looking for.

#706 85 days ago

Making progress...have a strange one
When I have the glass off and a game started, I can hear, and see, a slight pulse in the coil that controls the right teleport. About every 10 sec I hear a pulse and can see the capture target move slightly. ( I have the plastic off)
Possible bad diode on coil? or switch..

3 weeks later
#707 61 days ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I dont suggest running a normal bulb as it is a hard concentration of heat on the center of the translite. Another option- mine runs this, works excellent and gives a nice even back light distribution. Is a standard bulb socket and the ends fold outwards for access to everything. Can get em on amazon, home depot etc.
[quoted image]

Just got this light today and installed.

WOW!!!

Highly recommend. Really brightens up my BGRESTO backglass restoration.

Thanks for the recommendation Morgoth.

84fe2a0076ef62be0795acbb6f59365451a93a1f (resized).jpg

#708 61 days ago

On another note (new project upcoming).

Anybody that has pulled and replaced the cabinet/backbox decals, any tips on the easiest way to get the old crap off?

#709 59 days ago
Quoted from jlbintn:

On another note (new project upcoming).
Anybody that has pulled and replaced the cabinet/backbox decals, any tips on the easiest way to get the old crap off?

Heat gun and a putty knife… and patience

1 week later
#710 48 days ago

Only took 8 months? Not sure
New decals,powder coat everything,plastics,on and on

Finally flipping my D&D
Topper going on tomorrow finally got the decals on it

So many people helped me get this to this point I just can’t believe I’m flipping it

3DD026F5-0C38-4AB6-8899-7467E74C2B13 (resized).jpeg5775CD25-1F14-4939-B604-14F7A11CAB79 (resized).jpegA8DB5F98-C35A-42B8-8A57-5870426A93C2 (resized).jpegF2482928-9DE0-4E66-BC2D-2D3A1E8E23C3 (resized).jpeg
#711 48 days ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Only took 8 months? Not sure
New decals,powder coat everything,plastics,on and on
Finally flipping my D&D
Topper going on tomorrow finally got the decals on it
So many people helped me get this to this point I just can’t believe I’m flipping it[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hopefully you mean, flipping in the literal sense of utilizing the flippers to play games.. and not the selling sense

#712 48 days ago
Quoted from koji:

Hopefully you mean, flipping in the literal sense of utilizing the flippers to play games.. and not the selling sense

That’s exactly what I mean can’t believe I’m actually playing it not selling no didn’t mean that

#713 47 days ago

That’s exactly what I mean can’t believe I’m actually playing it not selling no didn’t mean that

Awesome! Glad you can finally enjoy it! I sure love mine.

#714 45 days ago

I am having a problem where the game plays normal until I lock a ball in “wizard escape “ or “warrior escape”
The second ball goes into play like normal,then when it starts hitting things it will trigger the out hole switch thus abruptly ending the ball every time

Can play one ball forever as long as you don’t load the tunnels

The “teleport loaded switches are on the same row as the outhole but they test fine and I’ve checked the diodes on the whole row

#715 45 days ago

I am having a problem where the game plays normal until I lock a ball in “wizard escape “ or “warrior escape”
The second ball goes into play like normal,then when it starts hitting things it will trigger the out hole switch thus abruptly ending the ball every time
The “teleport loaded switches are on the same row as the outhole but they test fine and I’ve checked the diodes on the whole row

4-balls loaded in machine? maybe closely check the escape drop switches? when the mechanism is down, I believe 2 switches are closed.

Guessing if some switch in the trough or escape holes is perhaps confusing the machine?

#716 44 days ago

in or out of circuit?

#717 44 days ago
Quoted from Tallon:

in or out of circuit?

Out of circuit they are all good.
I’m thinking I should start looking at changing the ceramic caps?

I did have one orange cap on the bottom of my cab after all the work was done I discovered it sitting there the other day .

I’ve searched and search all seems to either have a cap or diode on it

I feel like this random orange cap could be off the start button,which would be on the outhole switch row,but also I feel like I’m just grasping at straws with that kind of thinking.

I think the caps can cause issues like this ?

I walked away yesterday after Checking all the diodes to think it through then decided to post here in hopes someone had a different idea

#718 44 days ago
Quoted from koji:

4-balls loaded in machine? maybe closely check the escape drop switches? when the mechanism is down, I believe 2 switches are closed.
Guessing if some switch in the trough or escape holes is perhaps confusing the machine?

Right.

The game is confused for sure
If you toss one in the tunnel ,plunge the next one and grab the ball

Then just hit the magic saves and flippers it only takes about 15 seconds and you will see the outhole switch “engage” thus cause the game to go into ball over music

#719 44 days ago
Quoted from koji:

4 balls yes I will look again at the two switches to see if they are both closed I assume they are since “warrior escaped” shows and a new ball is released

In switch test nothing is closed

#720 43 days ago

do you have led in it?

#721 42 days ago
Quoted from Tallon:

do you have led in it?

A few here and there just casually put a few in to see what it looked like

#722 42 days ago

A few here and there just casually put a few in to see what it looked like

So if you checked all the diodes on the black wire cj4-2 i would guess your having an issue with a flakey opto. the trough 3 switch in on that line too. check that and make sure your not getting a bad read there. Also, those optos have issues with light bleed. make sure your not having an issue with the leds

#723 39 days ago
Quoted from Tallon:

So if you checked all the diodes on the black wire cj4-2 i would guess your having an issue with a flakey opto. the trough 3 switch in on that line too. check that and make sure your not getting a bad read there. Also, those optos have issues with light bleed. make sure your not having an issue with the leds

So I’m having no luck as of yet
2 things I can’t shake

When I press the skill 3 switch it will show both switches ,loaded and empty,closed on the RT teleport ,every time
Those switches show when you depress them,the skill 3 is the switch that triggers all three showing closed

Second,when I have a ball locked ,I’m almost 100% that when you press the magic save,
,the right cabinet switch,that triggers the outhole switch to engage ending the ball

Sometimes it takes a few tries ,but that seems to be what triggering the outhole

Thank you for the help!

#724 39 days ago

I’m thing it may be as simple as the balls getting hung up slightly in the trough
Will check it out had to walk away for awhile

#725 37 days ago

So I believe my main switch issue is solved so that’s awesome

#726 37 days ago

So I believe my main switch issue is solved so that’s awesome

What was the fix?

2 weeks later
#727 21 days ago

Anyone know what size trim and lift trim is needed around the backglass?

#728 17 days ago
Quoted from number_runner:

Anyone know what size trim and lift trim is needed around the backglass?

I can't access my machine right now to take precise measurements of the trim (My kid flooded the house and our living room is in storage).
You can find the back glass measurements here: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/General#Backglass_Sizes
Get some trim and cut-to-fit.

#729 16 days ago
Quoted from Velluminous:

I can't access my machine right now to take precise measurements of the trim (My kid flooded the house and our living room is in storage).
You can find the back glass measurements here: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/General#Backglass_Sizes
Get some trim and cut-to-fit.

Thanks, and Holy cow, I hope you managed to keep the damage minimal to your place!

#730 15 days ago

Is there supposed to be a gate or switch here, and if so, which one?

20230124_133035 (resized).jpg
#731 15 days ago

I think it’s just a gate. Here’s a pic from my tear down.

31335873-2985-4363-BEA3-3B07BDEBBA15 (resized).jpeg
#732 15 days ago
Quoted from piccolohl:

Is there supposed to be a gate or switch here, and if so, which one?
[quoted image]

It's the Mystical Millions gate that activates the MM mode timer. That is the big gimmick for this pin. It moves a vertical rod that goes below the playfield. When you hit the gate it says MYSTICAL MILLIONS!!! and sends the ball to your upper flipper with a few seconds timelimit to make the upper far left ramp for a million points. You are in luck as I was just sorting this out for a friend of mine.

I can send you a scan of the dimensioned pic if you want and you can print it and lay your MM wire on it and bend an exact repro, or just use the dimensioned pic as reference.

I believe I also have an extra vertical rod assembly, did you look underneath to see what else you are missing?

Screenshot_20230124_130552_Messenger (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230124_130622_Messenger (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230124_130639_Messenger (resized).jpg

#733 15 days ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

It's the Mystical Millions gate that activates the MM mode timer. That is the big gimmick for this pin. It moves a vertical rod that goes below the playfield. When you hit the gate it says MYSTICAL MILLIONS!!! and sends the ball to your upper flipper with a few seconds timelimit to make the upper far left ramp for a million points. You are in luck as I was just sorting this out for a friend of mine.
I can send you a scan of the dimensioned pic if you want and you can print it and lay your MM wire on it and bend an exact repro, or just use the dimensioned pic as reference.
I believe I also have an extra vertical rod assembly, did you look underneath to see what else you are missing?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like the switch underneath is there( but pretty bent on the leaf that would be moved by the gate) this us what came loose with the project, it doesn't fit so guess it was going to be cut into the correct size

20230124_154020 (resized).jpg20230124_154559 (resized).jpg
#734 11 days ago

Has anybody installed the Britemod flipper button kit in their machine? If so, what did you think? Did it function properly and look good?

#735 10 days ago

Can anybody verify that Bally part numbers C-904 and C-905 (flipper button and housing) were used in D&D machines?

#736 10 days ago
Quoted from jlbintn:

Can anybody verify that Bally part numbers C-904 and C-905 (flipper button and housing) were used in D&D machines?

No

#737 10 days ago

Official part number is 0017-00042-0300 and can be found here:

https://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/PDF%20Pinball%20Manuals%20and%20Schematics/Dungeons%20and%20Dragons%20-%20Parts.pdf

It's actually a 1 1/8" button no spring. The game shipped with many different colors as they were using up what they had. The manual calls for all white and the flyer and promotional material support that. Most games shipped with white buttons on the upper and start game and yellow on the magna save. They are pretty much arcade buttons without springs.

#738 9 days ago

Thanks Tallon

#739 4 days ago

So I have joined the club today! Cabinet is a bit rough but the pf looks really nice and it has the topper.

I don't have it set up and playing in the house yet. Moving pins into place in the house involves taking stairs out and chainfalls so we will be finishing that up tomorrow morning.

One thing I noticed with the topper. The 3 bulbs in there where the dragon illustration is... When I was testing the game at the sellers place today, they seemed not bright enough to really do a proper job of showing off the art behind the plexiglass. Sorry if it's already been asked in here, I haven't read the entire thread yet, but has anyone found the same thing and tried something to brighten it up a bit?

#740 4 days ago
Quoted from Firebird71:

So I have joined the club today! Cabinet is a bit rough but the pf looks really nice and it has the topper.
I don't have it set up and playing in the house yet. Moving pins into place in the house involves taking stairs out and chainfalls so we will be finishing that up tomorrow morning.
One thing I noticed with the topper. The 3 bulbs in there where the dragon illustration is... When I was testing the game at the sellers place today, they seemed not bright enough to really do a proper job of showing off the art behind the plexiglass. Sorry if it's already been asked in here, I haven't read the entire thread yet, but has anyone found the same thing and tried something to brighten it up a bit?

I ended up with this. Kind of like just the Blue (which was a white LED IIRC), but my kid liked the idea of it looking like they are fighting, so my test is how it stayed... lol

20220526_230439 (1) (resized).jpg

#741 4 days ago

Looks like I used 3x Flexible wedge LEDs

20220526_224112 (resized).jpg
#742 3 days ago

Bendies!

I'll probably do something similar when I do my next order for parts. Mine is still fully incandescent in the topper.

Still going through the machine before plugging it in (still need to get it down the nightmare stairs too.)

Already spotted a cheesy fix that was destroying the translite. Someone in the machines previous life had lost the clips that hold the glass of the displays against the PCB behind. Their fix... Jam some monster fender washers in there and force them in with steel screws into the PCB. Edges of the washers were at an angle so the edges were destroying the border on the translite around the displays. I'm currently printing something that should be better, probably even better for the glass than the metal clips. If they work out and anyone else needs some of these let me know.

Capture (resized).JPG

#743 2 days ago

The glass that the topper translite sits between is a royal pain in the butt with trim. The stuff that is on the game right now just doesn't fit. I am working on lighting mods right now, to brighten the game up a bit, and that topper is at the top of the list. Just added trim to the to do list.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chicago, IL
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 743 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-dungeons-and-dragons-dd-club-all-welcome/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.