754147F2-4AC4-4B43-9A68-FB7831B24462 (resized).jpeg
FBE2AD04-60E3-4E7E-B0F6-EFEF33504447 (resized).jpeg
D2137D64-6DBE-48C0-86C3-49AB39907E92 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).PNG
IMG_5622 (resized).jpg
IMG_5569 (resized).jpg
IMG_5565 (resized).jpg
IMG_5563 (resized).jpg

There are 676 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
#651 30 days ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

Odd request! - can someone take a picture of the underside of their lockdown bar…. After all these years I think I have the wrong one on my machine - it’s never really locked right.
Thanks!

20220903_124944 (resized).jpg
#652 30 days ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

Odd request! - can someone take a picture of the underside of their lockdown bar…. After all these years I think I have the wrong one on my machine - it’s never really locked right.
Thanks!

Screenshot_20220903-134225_Gallery (resized).jpg
#653 30 days ago

Much thanks Morgoth00 and koji ! Actually mine does look like that but definitely does not sit tight on the cabinet. It seems like it’s hitting on that piece of steel that sticks down behind the beer seal… hmmm

#654 30 days ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

Much thanks Morgoth00 and koji ! Actually mine does look like that but definitely does not sit tight on the cabinet. It seems like it’s hitting on that piece of steel that sticks down behind the beer seal… hmmm

Never had to adjust this type before. But maybe there is a way on the underside of the receiver?

#655 30 days ago
Quoted from koji:

Never had to adjust this type before. But maybe there is a way on the underside of the receiver?

It’s probably high by 1/4” at least…. I don’t think it would matter since the playfield is prevented going any lower due to the pivot bolts about 1/3 of the way back in the cabinet.

#656 29 days ago

Does anyone know where we can get insert decals from or is it a lost cause?

#657 27 days ago
Quoted from FullTilt_Pinball:

Does anyone know where we can get insert decals from or is it a lost cause?

If you can find someone to print them, there's a dropbox where Les73gtx made them...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w1l7p1fev3tv20v/AADNANl9wmJf1Muo3sfyeC3sa?dl=0

#658 25 days ago
Quoted from Velluminous:

If you can find someone to print them, there's a dropbox where Les73gtx made them...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w1l7p1fev3tv20v/AADNANl9wmJf1Muo3sfyeC3sa?dl=0

I believe these are only the fonts.. don't the actual decals have outlines around them?

#659 25 days ago
Quoted from FullTilt_Pinball:

I believe these are only the fonts.. don't the actual decals have outlines around them?

I'm pretty sure the black outlines (like around the flames, etc) are painted on the playfield around the light and aren't actually a part of the decal.

pasted_image (resized).png
#660 25 days ago

Here is one solution made at one point by an Australian company
Screenshot_20211127-100332_Chrome (resized).jpg

#661 24 days ago
Quoted from Velluminous:

I'm pretty sure the black outlines (like around the flames, etc) are painted on the playfield around the light and aren't actually a part of the decal.[quoted image]

The diamond outlines around the numbers are hand drawn and not all the same size. I restored a playfield and ended up having to freehand the lines as when you got to the 18k 19k the font pushed the lines out.

#662 23 days ago

Lookie here what I found driving to Crossville, TN to check out Buc-ee's! I've never heard of this game until today. When I saw it through the windows I seriously thought it was a retheme. Didn't see a Bally logo anywhere on the cabinet or the backglass from my point of view.

The place was closed, but I'll be back on the road to Buc-ee's again soon and plan on giving it a try then.

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/16984-crossville-outlet-center-crossville-tn

#663 22 days ago
Quoted from Crash:

Lookie here what I found...

Pretty rusted side rail and rough side art (definitely sun faded)... But it has the topper!!!

#664 21 days ago

Yeah I was really surprised to see the topper!

#665 20 days ago
Quoted from Crash:

Yeah I was really surprised to see the topper!

you should go save the beauty

#666 20 days ago
Quoted from Tallon:

you should go save the beauty

If it was cheap, if I had a truck, and a space to set it up I might make an offer. But I'm more glad to see it on location where the public can experience pinball.

1 week later
#667 11 days ago

Anyone ever see a D&D with taped up front corners from factory on right and left corners (supposedly)? Gives me pause that the corners are split or an issue is being masked with cabinet but I'm told otherwise and maybe I'm wrong as I'm not as familiar with this machine. Any insight appreciated.

D&D Front (resized).jpg
#668 11 days ago

I have not seen that. It's been messed with as those coin inserts are usually a grey color to the best of my knowledge.

#669 11 days ago
Quoted from Josh0979:

Anyone ever see a D&D with taped up front corners from factory on right and left corners (supposedly)? Gives me pause that the corners are split or an issue is being masked with cabinet but I'm told otherwise and maybe I'm wrong as I'm not as familiar with this machine. Any insight appreciated.
[quoted image]

Guessing you're looking at the one for sale out of Jupiter, FL. They need to clip the C12 on that machine.
You can tell it's been 'updated' a bit anyways, cause it has the plastic leg guards under the legs, and the lock down bar and side rails are black instead of the cheap stainless that it came with.

I'd be willing to bet that either the side art graphics were chipped on the edges or they were worried that it would get chipped so they've covered it up with tape. Without seeing it in person, it's really hard to know one way or the other. The other photos they have listed show pretty nice side art, so I doubt they're hiding damage. I'd ask for a few pictures of the inside cabinet (under playfield) to check and make sure the cabinet isn't splintering or in need of repair, but keep in mind this game is from the late 80s, so they've seen a few decades of wear and tear.

#670 11 days ago
Quoted from Velluminous:

Guessing you're looking at the one for sale out of Jupiter, FL. They need to clip the C12 on that machine.
You can tell it's been 'updated' a bit anyways, cause it has the plastic leg guards under the legs, and the lock down bar and side rails are black instead of the cheap stainless that it came with.

I'd be willing to bet that either the side art graphics were chipped on the edges or they were worried that it would get chipped so they've covered it up with tape. Without seeing it in person, it's really hard to know one way or the other. The other photos they have listed show pretty nice side art, so I doubt they're hiding damage. I'd ask for a few pictures of the inside cabinet (under playfield) to check and make sure the cabinet isn't splintering or in need of repair, but keep in mind this game is from the late 80s, so they've seen a few decades of wear and tear.

Yup... that's the one I was looking at. I was told the tape was put on at the factory but that seems implausible. I also asked for pictures of inside the cabinet and under the playfield to check for cabinet damage but so far silence on that request. If I don't get additional pics I'm probably not going bother. BTW, I was told the coin door was repainted as well as the legs, lock down bar and side rails... not powdercoated though. I'm somewhat skeptical but this seller has legit feedback...

#671 10 days ago
Quoted from Josh0979:

I was told the tape was put on at the factory but that seems implausible.

Literally the first D&D that I've seen with electrical tape on the corners. I think it'd be a miracle if that tape was still on there from the manufacturer (Bally) since 1987. All the photos and listings I've seen for D&D do not have that tape on there. The two D&Ds I've owned, the others I've looked at to purchase, and the others I've played in arcades/etc haven't had tape. Like I said; they probably had or were worried about the side art chipping.

You'll probably want to clear coat (if not powdercoat) those side rails and lockdown bar instead of paint; don't want it flaking off.
Their pictures look good on their listing. It looks clean and has a topper. Side art is a little faded but that's most of them; the red just disappears if it sits in the sun. My recommendation for anyone buying a pin is "see it in person if you can"... cause otherwise you never know for certain.

Good luck with your purchase though! It really is a great game!

#672 10 days ago
Quoted from Velluminous:

Literally the first D&D that I've seen with electrical tape on the corners. I think it'd be a miracle if that tape was still on there from the manufacturer (Bally) since 1987. All the photos and listings I've seen for D&D do not have that tape on there. The two D&Ds I've owned, the others I've looked at to purchase, and the others I've played in arcades/etc haven't had tape. Like I said; they probably had or were worried about the side art chipping.

You'll probably want to clear coat (if not powdercoat) those side rails and lockdown bar instead of paint; don't want it flaking off.
Their pictures look good on their listing. It looks clean and has a topper. Side art is a little faded but that's most of them; the red just disappears if it sits in the sun. My recommendation for anyone buying a pin is "see it in person if you can"... cause otherwise you never know for certain.

Good luck with your purchase though! It really is a great game!

Appreciate the insight. After speaking with another pinsider who has done a bunch of D&D restorations I passed on this machine for a few reasons including the "story" about the electrical tape (just be honest or say you don't know). Playfield was quite nice but I asked for pics of the inside of the cabinet to check for corner integrity and underside of playfield pictures and never got any... so I passed. Not the right one. I can wait...

#673 10 days ago
Quoted from Josh0979:

Appreciate the insight. After speaking with another pinsider who has done a bunch of D&D restorations I passed on this machine for a few reasons including the "story" about the electrical tape (just be honest or say you don't know). Playfield was quite nice but I asked for pics of the inside of the cabinet to check for corner integrity and underside of playfield pictures and never got any... so I passed. Not the right one. I can wait...

I think a smart move. How much was it?

#674 10 days ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Here is one solution made at one point by an Australian company
[quoted image]

Do you know what company made the Insert Decals?

#675 9 days ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

I think a smart move. How much was it?

$4500... from the insight I got at least $500 too much and the "story" about the tape and lack of requested photos was a deal-breaker.

#676 5 days ago

Started having weird issues with the credit button. Switch was fine, e.g., gaps contacts, etc. Board boots up fine, diodes metered within spec, everything was fine. It would work sometimes and not others. Reflowing the connections on the credit button switch fixed the problem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 19.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Broadview Hts, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 676 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!