20220430_095711 (resized).jpg
20230327_185532 (resized).jpg
20230327_191832 (resized).jpg
20230209_031827 (resized).jpg
20230209_031734 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20220526_224112 (resized).jpg
20220526_230439 (1) (resized).jpg
There are 811 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 17.
#451 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Finally in the club! Very addictive, I think it has won for most "1 more game" in a row, in my house. Was everything I hoped it would be
One of my PF hangers broke during transit, right at the bend. Anyone have any laying around? Don't see anyone selling this dual bracket riveted version
[quoted image][quoted image]

Look something like this?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#452 2 years ago

Are all the D&D Bally displays like this where the 2 halves are not aligned? All 4 screens are mounted to the board properly and there is no way to adjust them seperately vertically that I can tell. The digit displays themselves are higher inside of the black screens on one side. Is my only choice to buy aftermarket or is there a solution? It bugs me

Also wondering if anyone has a confirmed rubber size list? I found 2 different size lists so far. One in the manual and a user submitted one on titan.

20211212_223800 (resized).jpg20211212_223800 (resized).jpg
#453 2 years ago

Are all the D&D Bally displays like this where the 2 halves are not aligned? All 4 screens are mounted to the board properly and there is no way to adjust them seperately vertically that I can tell. The digit displays themselves are higher inside of the black screens on one side. Is my only choice to buy aftermarket or is there a solution? It bugs me

Sell it to me

#454 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Also wondering if anyone has a confirmed rubber size list? I found 2 different size lists so far. One in the manual and a user submitted one on titan.
[quoted image]

There is no adjustment for the displays that I know of. The rubber sizes in the book are what they did from the factory, the titan lost would most likely be what someone took off their machine after years of operators throwing whatever they has on hand to keep the game running. If the game was down, they didn’t make money and that’s what these things were for. BTW your hangers are in the mail

2 weeks later
#455 2 years ago

Does anyone have a scan of the apron for D&D? I just picked one up that is super nice, but a prior owner removed a sticker by scraping to the metal. I could make a decal that would suffice if I had the artwork for the offending area.

IMG_1557 (resized).JPGIMG_1557 (resized).JPG
#456 2 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

Does anyone have a scan of the apron for D&D? I just picked one up that is super nice, but a prior owner removed a sticker by scraping to the metal. I could make a decal that would suffice if I had the artwork for the offending area.
[quoted image]

O M G that hurts to just look at!

#457 2 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

[quoted image]

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0e72n1FqDhcK1Kk3AjlTBKPQg#DnDApron1_001
https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/089OdokjFOHuxohaTojqtqHDQ#DndApron2_001

#458 2 years ago

When I got my D&D there was not a bulb in 17k Flame spot.
When I installed it I see it is stuck on all the time. I figured it was the Q58 transistor (per manual) stuck on so I pulled the MPU. But I turned on the pin after the board was removed and the 17k is still lit up?? What am I missing?

Also noticed that in accordance with the manual, the 17k flame is linked to the top teleport bulb and they both use the same Q58. That teleport bulb of course remains lit also with the MPU board removed. How could these two possibly be linked together? Watching videos, I do not see them lit necessarily at the same time. Any help appreciated

#459 2 years ago

Got the brackets all reworked that Talon sent me
Happy new years pinsiders!
Screenshot_20211231-214536_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211231-214536_Chrome (resized).jpg
20211231_213210 (resized).jpg20211231_213210 (resized).jpg

#460 2 years ago

I feel like one of those wires must be shorted to the GI circuit right?

#461 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I feel like one of those wires must be shorted to the GI circuit right?

I was hoping someone would have a different idea than that, but yah. Guess I will start cutting apart the harness to follow every inch of the wire

#462 2 years ago

why not test it first? turn the game off and run a continuity test from the 17k socket to the closest GI socket. if it beeps, you have a short. Continue the test by pulling the controlled lighting connectors off the MPU and see if the 17K lights again when disconnected from MPU. you could very well have a SCR fused shut and causing it to stay on. the 6803 boards use an a and b circuit so a dead SCR will take out 2 sockets

4 weeks later
#463 2 years ago

Glad to be part of the club! Does the flame reward have a max or can you get that up to 5 million+?

Cheers

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from number_runner:

Glad to be part of the club! Does the flame reward have a max or can you get that up to 5 million+?
Cheers

Best of my knowledge, you can just keep "filling cards" and keep the flame award going. never tried to see if it maxes out with the glass off. think my best is 5 full cards.

1 week later
#465 2 years ago

What is a good source for replacement GI bulb sockets, like the wedge ones used for the flames?

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

What is a good source for replacement GI bulb sockets, like the wedge ones used for the flames?

There isn’t last I checked. People have been soldering diodes on the 555 sockets from pinball resource I think

#467 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

There isn’t last I checked. People have been soldering diodes on the 555 sockets from pinball resource I think

I wonder if these become a good candidate for something like the Yoppsickle? Especially if CPR get's their PF done and you do a swap.

1 week later
#468 2 years ago

Anyone know what coil this is so I can replace it?

20220226_133401 (resized).jpg20220226_133401 (resized).jpg
#469 2 years ago

I'm not sure which one I'm looking exactly but you can reference the manual at ipdb.org

#470 2 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Anyone know what coil this is so I can replace it?[quoted image]

The replacement is a-30-3000. That’s the magic save coil and they all burn like that

#471 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

The replacement is a-30-3000. That’s the magic save coil and they all burn like that

Thanks

#472 2 years ago

Replace them both right away

#473 2 years ago

When you say they all burn like that, do the wrappers just get crispy or is that thing about to short and damage the board (or blow a fuse)?

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

When you say they all burn like that, do the wrappers just get crispy or is that thing about to short and damage the board (or blow a fuse)?

I've had 5 D&D and all of them had coils like that. My understanding is the coils are heating up like when you hold flipper coils. The newer games pulse the coils power to avoid heating the coil up like this but the older games didn't have that ability. Mostly the wrappers are getting crispy, but over time the insulation on the coil wire itself can burn thru and then you will get a short.

#475 2 years ago

Does anyone know what these messages indicate when I power on my Dungeons and Dragons pinball?

Screenshot 2022-03-04 125715 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-03-04 125715 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-03-04 125806 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-03-04 125806 (resized).jpg
#476 2 years ago

I would guess your left gate switch and restore rollover switch are stuck on.
20220304_110831 (resized).jpg20220304_110831 (resized).jpg
20220304_110838 (resized).jpg20220304_110838 (resized).jpg

#477 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I would guess your left gate switch and restore rollover switch are stuck on.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks, that was it, switches needed adjusted

#478 2 years ago

Down to my last issue, can someone tell me what this bulb does and how to make sure it is working? It is very dim right now. It seems to be wired to the target in front of it. It is not in the same chain as the other 3 bulbs there.

Thanks

20220304_174620 (resized).jpg20220304_174620 (resized).jpg
#479 2 years ago

Double check your book but I’m pretty sure there is a flasher 906 bulb in each of the stand up target banks. That’s is probably what it is

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Double check your book but I’m pretty sure there is a flasher 906 bulb in each of the stand up target banks. That’s is probably what it is

Thanks, will check maybe someone put wrong bulb in there

#481 2 years ago

Had this pop up on facebook marketplace yesterday... Seller would NOT respond; both the wife and I messaged him. About 7-8 hours after posting, he removed it from the marketplace. Dunno if it sold or he realized what he was selling. From the pictures, it looked in "ok" shape... It def. had some rust and the left return lane(?) was stuck closed. Take a look at that price though!

pinball (resized).jpgpinball (resized).jpg

#482 2 years ago
Quoted from Velluminous:

Had this pop up on facebook marketplace yesterday... Seller would NOT respond; both the wife and I messaged him. About 7-8 hours after posting, he removed it from the marketplace. Dunno if it sold or he realized what he was selling. From the pictures, it looked in "ok" shape... It def. had some rust and the left return lane(?) was stuck closed. Take a look at that price though!
[quoted image]

I msged that same guy, I was just talking to someone about how bad i want a D&D so I thought some facebook scam was spying on me :p

#483 2 years ago

I am still having issues with this bulb/ socket. Can anyone confirm for me what Bulb goes in the highlighted socket and what its behavior is?

I have tried a regular bulb and a flasher (#606), and it doesn't seem to work right for me. A regular bulb stays on all the time but is dim. The flasher is bright, but also stays on all the time.

From what I can tell it should be a Flasher (606) like the other target bank. But it is not behaving the same.

Thanks

DnD_Bulb (resized).jpgDnD_Bulb (resized).jpg
#484 2 years ago

Try an incandescent flasher in there. It may have warming resistors that would need cut in order to use an LED.

#485 2 years ago

That location is indeed a flasher!

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Try an incandescent flasher in there. It may have warming resistors that would need cut in order to use an LED.

No warming resistors on the 6803’s. Check the long fuse board on the left wall of the head. Those are the fuses for the flashers. See if something is janky there

#487 2 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

I am still having issues with this bulb/ socket. Can anyone confirm for me what Bulb goes in the highlighted socket and what its behavior is?
I have tried a regular bulb and a flasher (#606), and it doesn't seem to work right for me. A regular bulb stays on all the time but is dim. The flasher is bright, but also stays on all the time.
From what I can tell it should be a Flasher (606) like the other target bank. But it is not behaving the same.
Thanks[quoted image]

There is a diode in series with this lamp. If that is not working as it should it might cause trouble.

#488 2 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

There is a diode in series with this lamp. If that is not working as it should it might cause trouble.

Or a loose diode in the socket. Have had a few where the diode was fine but the rivet holding the socket together was loose and the diode was wiggling around causing all kinds of wonky. Good call. Totally forgot about that.

#489 2 years ago

Or just try changing the socket.

#490 2 years ago

I finally purchased a Dungeons & Dragons of my very own!

Now comes the hard part... How to have it shipped? I'm not going to have it shipped on the legs (especially with those extra long rear legs). Seller is concerned about stability with shipping it on its back, since the bottom cabinet is not flat like a normal machine but instead inclines towards the back. This kind of really only leaves the option of shipping on it's bottom with the rear braced/supported by something.
I haven't been able to find a reliable, dedicated delivery (ie: fast eddie, bob cunningham (I know; bob retired)) that will go from NY to Indiana, so I'm most likely going to have to go with Michelle Bianchi and STI.

Figured I should ask fellow owners who have had experience with transporting one of these how they went about doing it and what they would suggest?

#491 2 years ago

Congratulations on your purchase! I love my D&D. To spice things up, putting a subwoofer on it certainly makes a difference!

Remembering from 10+ years ago when I had mine shipped, it was on its back with the head folded down and had no issues. Just make sure it’s strapped to a pallet securely.

#492 2 years ago
Quoted from Velluminous:

I finally purchased a Dungeons & Dragons of my very own!
Now comes the hard part... How to have it shipped? I'm not going to have it shipped on the legs (especially with those extra long rear legs). Seller is concerned about stability with shipping it on its back, since the bottom cabinet is not flat like a normal machine but instead inclines towards the back. This kind of really only leaves the option of shipping on it's bottom with the rear braced/supported by something.
I haven't been able to find a reliable, dedicated delivery (ie: fast eddie, bob cunningham (I know; bob retired)) that will go from NY to Indiana, so I'm most likely going to have to go with Michelle Bianchi and STI.
Figured I should ask fellow owners who have had experience with transporting one of these how they went about doing it and what they would suggest?

I bought mine off this site from a great seller and shipped it on its legs (600ish miles). I, unfortunately, have to get a lot of mine shipped but have had great luck with Darlene at Beltmann

imagejpeg_0 (resized).JPGimagejpeg_0 (resized).JPG
#493 2 years ago
Quoted from number_runner:

I bought mine off this site from a great seller and shipped it on its legs (600ish miles). I, unfortunately, have to get a lot of mine shipped but have had great luck with Darlene at Beltmann
[quoted image]

I'm looking at about 700 miles, so that's fairly close in distance. Do you remember the cost, by chance?

#494 2 years ago
Quoted from Velluminous:

I'm looking at about 700 miles, so that's fairly close in distance. Do you remember the cost, by chance?

Probably about $500.
I would pull the legs and ship it like this on its back rails for safety. D&D is not as strong as most other cabs.

Screenshot_20220314-132223_Message+ (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220314-132223_Message+ (resized).jpg
#495 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Probably about $500.
I would pull the legs and ship it like this on its back rails for safety. D&D is not as strong as most other cabs.
[quoted image]

Yup right around $500

#496 2 years ago

I feel like I’m gonna go for cab decals
Any suggestions at all to taking these off?
The type of wood used for the cab makes me wonder

#497 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I feel like I’m gonna go for cab decals
Any suggestions at all to taking these off?
The type of wood used for the cab makes me wonder

Curious where you might be getting them - quality?

#498 2 years ago

Someone said CPR is making a playfield for this game?? Can anyone confirm thanks

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from SMP14:

Someone said CPR is making a playfield for this game?? Can anyone confirm thanks

Yes, they have the art done. It's just getting them to pull the trigger.

#500 2 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

Curious where you might be getting them - quality?

Planetary pinball will be here tomorrow I’ll check them out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 811 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-dungeons-and-dragons-dd-club-all-welcome/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.