DeadPool (1) (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Launch Party Details

Where:
Schwoegler's Park Town Lanes
444 Grand Canyon Rd
Madison, WI 53719

When:
Saturday, Sept 15 (11:00am-4pm) qualifying. Playoffs starting promptly at 4pm. This will run before the regular Monthly tournament!

Details:

Qualify Method 1:
Every player can play as often as time allows at the Launch party. In order to play, a participant must place their name on the list and are asked to cue and be ready to play when it is their turn. Your score is recorded after playing by another participant and verified by you. If all participants in attendance/in cue at any given time have already played once, then they are allowed to play additional qualifying attempts (Players responsibility to Void/cross out any score that is lower; players should place name on 2nd attempts list in order to re-cue and please only place name on 2nd attempts after you complete your current attempt is complete). Priority of play is given to any players that have not yet played their 1st attempt, so they will be bumped to the front of the line for all players waiting to play their 2nd+ attempts. Highest score for each player at the end of qualifying is used to determine the final 1, 3, 5, 7 Seeds, or your final position.

Qualify Method 2:
Seeds 2, 4, 6, 8 will be determined by a separate unlimited qualifying from Sept 10-14. DeadPool will be on location at Schwoegler's Park Town Lanes and high scores will be reset prior to this portion of qualifying. High Score list will be set to 10 characters and players should make sure they clearly enter an identifying name on HSTD of the game. This portion of the qualifying will end when the official shuts down the game and records scores on Friday, Sept 14 after bar closes. These top four scores will qualify for playoff positions 2, 4, 6, 8 at the official launch party. Players may not qualify for multiple playoff positions. In the event of repeat players for top 4 qualifying scores from this portion of qualifying then the next non-repeat player will qualify. In the event that there are not 4 unique players on the HSTD of the game, then only those unique players will qualify and there will be fewer that 4 seeds from this portion.

Priority for seeding is given to Launch party qualifiers. In the event that someone qualifies at location portion of qualifying and launch portion, the launch party position takes priority and the location qualifying position is negated (next available unique player will take the next spot or no player if none others on the HSTD at the time of location portion conclusion.)

Playoff format:
Qualifiers 1-3-5-7 and 2-4-6-8 will play PAPA style 4-player games / match play across 3 pre-selected games with Launch game as 1 of the games. 4, 3, 2, 1 scoring based on finishing position for each game and combined total used to determine whom advances. Player position on all games for playoff round selected with priority given to higher seed to lower seed. Play position will be maintained for the entire playoff match. When games are open and available for play, each playoff group is required to efficiently play through all games (i.e. multiple games being played simultaneously). Top 2 players from each group advance to finals round. If there is a tie after all games, the player with the higher score on the Launch game in that playoff round advances.

Finals round the remaining 4 players will play PAPA style 4-player games/ match play across 3 pre-selected games with Deadpool as the final game. In the event of a tie, the score on Deadpool is the tiebreaker.

Prizes:
Trophies and prizes provided by Stern Pinball, Madison Pinball and Schwoegler's. Details can be found at https://www.madisonpinball.com/deadpool-launch-party

DeadPool (1) (resized).jpgDeadPool (1) (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

JMHO, but the less I can support a company that ruthlessly takes licenses from others with no intent to make them, continues to decrease build quality/qc, and has increased prices over 30% in the past 4 years, the better for the longer term health of a community and hobby I care for.

#3 5 years ago

yup, but this game looks so awesome, we just could not help ourselves.

I wont be buying one for myself, but for route... "It is just business"

Hope to see you there Jimmy. Maybe you can actually talk to me in person instead of the 14yo kid silent treatment when in public. It has gone from just odd to funny to see a grown adult give someone the silent treatment for over a year now.

#4 5 years ago

Too bad you couldn't do this as part of MRP. Heading down to Madison two weeks in a row is going to be tough. Hopefully I can make it.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Too bad you couldn't do this as part of MRP. Heading down to Madison two weeks in a row is going to be tough. Hopefully I can make it.

Yeah, we wanted to do it in conjunction with MRP, but the rules for Official Launch events require that location holds a monthly IFPA sanctioned event. Alt Brew does not currently do a monthly so that address is not allowed. those are just dem rules.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, we wanted to do it in conjunction with MRP, but the rules for Official Launch events require that location holds a monthly IFPA sanctioned event. Alt Brew does not currently do a monthly so that address is not allowed. those are just dem rules.

Didn't realize that. Understandable either way as the launch party will be big enough to stand on it's own. Just bummed I can't double dip on the same trip down.

#7 5 years ago

Good to see one coming to WI. Was a bit worried that after "Godzillagate", we had seen our last new Stern on route for awhile.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Didn't realize that. Understandable either way as the launch party will be big enough to stand on it's own. Just bummed I can't double dip on the same trip down.

me too. I would have loved to do it all together. With any luck there will be a few other surprises for MRP with some fun/ rare titles

Quoted from Methos:

Good to see one coming to WI. Was a bit worried that after "Godzillagate", we had seen our last new Stern on route for awhile.

Yeah, my opinions as a person/individual on Stern and what they *1 dude in particular, pulled with TOHO are separate from the business side of things. Reality is that while it is very frustrating to me for that situation on an emotional level, Stern continues to make fun games that people want to play on route and Stern continues to respond to customer demands (better art, better code on release, seem to have fixed the pf ghosting issue, and always makes it right when things do go wrong). Part of my critical nature I think is important as we need to hold them accountable and I think people doing so is why we continue to see improvements (e.g. "Where is the code?" seems to have done wonders and KPG crappy GB being so public was a great thing for the reaction).

We will continue to try and support all the pinball companies as a business. We as a group like to bring new pinball to the local community, we like to build the hobby, and we like to give people a shot to play these new games before deciding for themselves on what to buy or to possibly get their first game ever.

Aside from the Stern issues, I think DP looks like it could be a great and fun game. I dig the art and comedy in particular!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

instead of the 14yo kid silent treatment

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hope to see you there Jimmy. Maybe you can actually talk to me in person instead of the 14yo kid silent treatment when in public. It has gone from just odd to funny to see a grown adult give someone the silent treatment for over a year now.

20180810_215239 (resized).jpg20180810_215239 (resized).jpg
#11 5 years ago

lol

Jimmy (resized).jpgJimmy (resized).jpg

In all seriousness, time to grow up and just deal with it Jimmy. It was over a year ago since your meltdown and everyone but you seems to have forgotten all about it. Water under the bridge and let it go. If you can't let it go then it is probably best to stop stressing yourself out by coming to these events. Your silent shtick was honestly pretty odd/amusing the first few times, but at this stage it is just strange and has creeped out a few of the new people when they see it.

I am over it and I think it would be best for you to get over it also (or just dont come if you are not capable of getting over it).

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

It won't be the only DeadPool in town... We expect to have ours out at the Blue Moon Bar in short order. From my experience, the hyper users and consumers on pinside in no way represent average pinball player. At least the ones we seem to attract. But then again we don't chase points, we chase pints.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am over it and I think it would be best for you to get over it also (or just dont come if you are not capable of getting over it).

20180811_075913 (resized).png20180811_075913 (resized).png
#14 5 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

It won't be the only DeadPool in town... We expect to have ours out at the Blue Moon Bar in short order. From my experience, the hyper users and consumers on pinside in no way represent average pinball player. At least the ones we seem to attract. But then again we don't chase points, we chase pints.

That is awesome! Love playing your well maintained games at Bluemoon! I agree, that the Pinside player base is different from what we see on route of an average player. i also agree that pints are way more fun than points; i rarely play for points any more and have much more fun. Wish bluemoon started earlier for my old man butt on a week night so I could make it over for the free beer and games.

#15 5 years ago

Yeah, we wanted to run it alongside MadRollin but ended up moving it to Schwoegler's. It'll be fun, and those that want to can still play in two tournaments, as the regular monthly takes place that night starting at 6pm as well. So...stop on by and join me as I hang out and run these events all day!

Deadpool will be a popular table and I know there will be a lot out for the public to play, which is fantastic! Look forward to seeing all you folks out and about, and hopefully at the launch as well!

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Glad to see a few of them make it to Madison. All of you guys have done an incredible job of bringing quality pinball back to Madison, especially the newer games and hope it continues.

Words mean things, so when I read some pretty strong language on non support of certain companies, I take it literally. I"ll have to ante up on my rhetoric detector and learn to wise up...my bad.

#17 5 years ago

The important question is what beers do they have on tap at this place?

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Very impressive selection.

And Madison Pinball puts on great launch parties!

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

The important question for me is completely jimmy related

#20 5 years ago

Well then I will see what I can do to make it up there for this , I would like to check out Deadpool.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The important question for is is completely jimmy related

?

#22 5 years ago

The Jimmy/Whysnow soap opera

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The Jimmy/Whysnow soap opera

Oh I see , thought maybe jimmy worked for a brewery in Madison . I don’t know or care anything about any drama between why snow and anyone else .I just want to play some pinball and have a few beers .

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The important question for me is completely jimmy related

TLDR version

Jimmy got mad about a game malfunction (flakey switch on a game awarding points in consistently) and subsequent loss at a casual monthly tourney that resulted in him plunging others balls on purpose and tossing the next game This was over a year ago. In reality, shit happens and melt downs in competitive pinball are not completely uncommon. Usually it ends there after people blow off some steam and come back to the reality that this is a small community with lots of personalities and you just act corridial and then avoid the people you don't care to be friends with since you are still in the same common circles.

Since that time he has stopped talking and gives the mute treatment to me at public events. E.g. full on refusing to even say 'yes' when asking for verification of a score that I am entering. Just stands there scowling while you wait for a reply. I did get him to nod once, which I figured was a good sign that he may be over it.

He likes to stir the pot online so it is a odd dichotomy of him being vocal online but silent treatment in person. We don't have to get along and he does not have to be my friend, but I am done dealing with the odd silent treatment at this point. It has wierded out a few newer players the last event I was TD for when he kept up with it. Time to just let it go and be an adult.

I am over it, and hope he can get over it to. Really takes alot of fun out of events when pinball is supposed to be about a good time.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

avoid the people you don't care to be friends with

Seems like he's doing just that.

Quoted from Whysnow:

He likes to stir the pot online

Wait who are we talking about?

Quoted from Whysnow:

but I am done dealing with the odd silent treatment at this point.

Bye.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Schwoegs has a nice beer selection and if you stick around for the monthly tourney tha follows the launch party, there are lots of free and BOGO chips for drinks!

Quoted from Methos:

Very impressive selection.
And Madison Pinball puts on great launch parties!

Thx Mark! The launch parties are alot of fun to host so it makes it easy. Everyone is hyped to see and play the new game and Stern always stps up with some cool prizes. I am really hoping the plaque for lauch party champ has the DP bobble. Tha would be very cool for whoever wins. If you and Ian make it, the kid has a sot with how amazing he played at Pinburgh! Still blown away by how good he is in that environment.

#27 5 years ago

(deleted)

#28 5 years ago
download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#29 5 years ago

I was asked from someone so adding here.

For DP launch, you can play as many times as you want. You re-cue on paper list after you play for your first time. People arriving to play for their first chance bump in front of the cue and play ahead of people on their 2nd/3rd attempt. This means you can come early and get more chances, or you could come as late at 2pm and only get 1 or 2 chances to play.

When we run these launch parties in conjunction with the regular monthly event, typically we see a bunch of people show up at the start and then another bunch show up around 2pm so they can play the launch party and then stick around for the monthly.

Launch will be on site as soon as it arrives/ prior to the party so should be plenty of time for learning the game in advance.

Quoted from trilogybeer:

I just want to play some pinball and have a few beers .

Doug, keep me posted if you are coming. I will come have a few beers and slap some balls w you!

#30 5 years ago

Bump for booms!

1 week later
#31 5 years ago

Sounds like games are leaving the factory this week. Boom!

3 weeks later
#32 5 years ago

launch party is coming soon!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 39.00
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-deadpool-launch-party-madison-wi-gtgtgt-sept-15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.