(Topic ID: 136363)

Official Chicago Pinball Expo 2015 Thread - What are you bringing?

By APB_Enterprises

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3xuuhcr3eev7uuyc.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider APB_Enterprises.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hello everyone. I look forward to seeing everyone again at this years Pinball Expo in lovely Chicago! The time is getting closer and I thought it would be a good time to start a thread on what you are bringing to the show.

The Expo organizers and myself truly appreciate all of the great games people bring to the show. We recognize it is a ton of work move stuff, set it up and maintain it at a show and it means a ton to the attendees and organizer that you make the effort. We had a record number of games at the show last year making it truly a blast to attend!

I will be posting another announcement concerning the suggestions we adopted from last year and some of the changes we will be making to make things go smoother than ever with the free play area as well as load in and load out.

Thank you all again for bringing stuff for us to enjoy!

Regards,

Andrew Barney

#4 8 years ago

Ah the sweet sweet cheese pump.

Andrew

#6 8 years ago

I will start it off, I am bringing a ScoreGasm!

Andrew

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

OK. Can someone explain why there is no "Bring your game" / exhibitor system on the Expo Website?!
    I was planning on going and bringing StarTrek : The Mirror Universe Custom with me... but why is the website so barren?
    180 for a ticket; really?
    Why is the expo closed Wed and Thursday? Does that mean I don't have to setup my machine until Thursday afternoon?
    When is BYOP setup? When is teardown?
    Maybe they need to invest some time in Newbie PR... and may a "I'm a Expo Virgin" documents.
    Someone needs to lay this ugly bag of snakes out for me in a straight line.

Would love to see this game at the show! I hope you are able to bring it.

I will answer what I can from your questions:

Maybe they need to invest some time in Newbie PR... and may a "I'm a Expo Virgin" documents. -> Noted. We will work on this.

180 for a ticket; really? -> $36/day for almost unlimited pinball, great people, industry guys, and fun!

Why is the expo closed Wed and Thursday?
    Here are the hours for the vendor hall/freeplay area:
    Vendor Hall:
    Closed Wednesday for hall setup.
    Thursday: It opens at 6:00 PM
    Friday: 6:00 PM until 12:00 PM
    Saturday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM, 11:00 PM - ?

Free play area(s):
    Wednesday: Open at 6PM. Load in starts at noon. Bumper blast at night!
    Thursday: Open 6:00 PM until 6:00 AM
    Friday: Open 1:00 PM until Sunday. Late open to support tournament activities.

Does that mean I don't have to setup my machine until Thursday afternoon? You can setup Wed 12-11, Thur 6-6, Fri 1 until anytime Sunday morning.

When is BYOP setup? Sorry, lost me.

When is teardown? You can take your game at any time.

Here is some further info around bringing games you may find useful:
    What would a Pinball Expo be without having some pinball games to play?! With this in mind, the organizers of the Pinball Expo have an offer for you. If you bring a game to expo, set it on 'free play' for others to play, they'll give you a nice rebate on your Expo admission price.

The deal is this... For each day one game of yours is at expo, and on free play (and is *not* at the Expo for sale!), we'll give you a a day cash rebate (up to the total cost you have paid to the Pinball Expo). If you bring several games, multiply the games times (within reason). Pay for admission before going into the show, and at the end of the show when you remove your game(s), Mike Pacak will give you cash back for the games-times-days attended.

If you have any more questions, let me know I will gladly help in any way I can!

Andrew

2 weeks later
    #49 8 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

I'm bringing Taro.
    In all seriousness though, last years games were the best in a very long time thanks to Andrew, The Chicago Pinball Mafia, and many local Chicago and non-Chicago folks. I expect this year will be even better.
    I'll offer up my Show Special on anyPin NVRAM Battery Eliminator install again this year at my booth. Anyone who brings a game for others to enjoy, will get free anyPin NVRAM install for every game they have in the free play room. Just bring me the board from the game, and your anyPin and I'll hand it back to you with a new gold plated SIP socket installed and no more worries about batteries.
    I'll also do the same for just $15, for anyone who doesn't bring a game for the free play room, but wants anyPin installed on their board. Just bring me your CPU and anyPin.
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

Thanks Rob for all you do to make the show great! It is truly appreciated.

Andrew

#51 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kent_Allard:

Why on earth would the vendor hall be closed on Saturday night from 6p-11p?? Isn't that were all the cool and new games are? Hobbit, TBL, Multimorphic, Marco Specialties set up with all the new Sterns? All the parts vendors? Closed on Saturday night??

The vendor hall is closed for the banquet. Many vendors attend the banquet which is one of the reasons the space is closed at that point.

The free play room is open during that time, however.

Andrew

3 weeks later
    #67 8 years ago

We are getting closer! I can't wait to see everyone in a few short days.

Thanks again to all who bring games for us to enjoy! It is appreciated!

Andrew

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider APB_Enterprises.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-chicago-pinball-expo-2015-thread-what-are-you-bringing?tu=APB_Enterprises and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.