(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,423 posts
  • 495 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by CCPL
  • Topic is favorited by 311 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,496 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2371 3 years ago
Quoted from Crans:

Socal Strikes and Spares project
New rubber,bats,wax
New CPR glass with hole in arm. They wont answer email to try and get it fix.
needs work on 5v filter cap (lights dim when flipper is used) and one of the displays could use a rebuild kit or moved to another player
$400 OBO

How is the cabinet? Can't tell from the pics if it has the original paint. Did you buy the CPR glass recently? Do you think there is any hope of getting it fixed or replaced? I noticed that their website says there are minor flaws in the remaining stock. I can't tell from the pictures if the hole in the arm is just minor. It doesn't look too bad from what I can tell. Maybe it could be touched up?

1 month later
#2513 3 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Have a Genie project that i'd like to move... PM if interested

Oh man, that is such a cool-looking machine. OK, really its just the girls that I like. Would love to take that on as a project, but no room. Must repeat.. no room.

Lalala pinball.jpg

#2515 3 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

But you need it

Lalala.jpg

1 month later
#2890 3 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I was named after Elvis.... Did you know his middle name was "Aron" and he had it changed to "Aaron". I hope I can find this game on location some day...

Key_and_Peele_AARON_(resized).jpg

#2932 3 years ago

The whole pictures thing is kind of interesting, based on my observations so far being new here. There are a number of different factors.

First of all, most people are not experienced photographers. They will tend to take so-so photos, usually with their phones. These generally are ok for a snapshot, but not great to get a detailed look. Some, of course, are just horrible out of focus pics that don't show much.

Second, pinball machines aren't particularly easy to photograph to begin with, for a number of reasons. They tend to be sitting in a low-light situation like a garage, and that doesn't help. With low light you will tend to open up the aperture and this will reduce the depth of field, which reduces the detail across the image. The playfield is under glass, and both the glass and the backglass tend to reflect and also will heavily pick up the flash. And when the lights are turned on, it plays havoc with the camera settings due to the spot brightness of the lamps.

Third, there is the reading of the pictures. This is one of the things that fascinates me when I read a lot of these threads. The more experienced people seem to be able to spot little things I would never notice in a million years. There will be some picture of a playfield that isn't even that great of a photograph, and someone will comment "I see that there is a scratch in the upper right corner under the plastic". I will look at it again, and even then just barely be able to see it. It amazes me how much the experienced people can recognize from these photos.

I got one machine where the seller sent me a lot of photos before I went and saw it, which was great. When I looked at the photos, I thought, well, the cabinet paint doesn't look all that great. But, that's OK, everything is as I expect for the price. Then, when I saw it in person, I thought, wow, that cabinet paint doesn't look nearly as bad as I thought, in fact other that some obvious scratches and such here and there, it actually looks pretty good. (It was even better when I got it home and cleaned it). So, your eyes can be fooled either way.

The bottom line, the pictures are very helpful, but an honest seller who supplements them with an accurate description of everything is the best. And in the end, seeing it with your own eyes first is probably the best of all, but not always practical. A good example is here, with the Mr Fox guy we all have a reasonable way to make purchases from each other across the vastness of the central valley between SoCal and NorCal. That expands the geography where we can make a purchase without having to pay a big shipping fee, but means we would need to rely on the seller for a good description.

For me, I make enough trips up north that I could probably go see one one without much problem if there were one up there I wanted bad enough.

1 month later
#3214 3 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Dropped the price of my Judge Dredd to $2999 for a quicker sale, pics are here:
http://moonbeamarcade.com/judgedredd.html
This is in the Los Angeles area, local pickup only.

8_(resized).JPG

I like the Judge Dredd. But, but,....ooooh I won't say it, I just won't say it. The JD is what is for sale, I get it. I won't mention the one next door, I swear. Its covered up. But not all the way covered up.

#3221 3 years ago

Now you have TWO Elviras and I have none!

#3274 3 years ago

Dang that came and went pretty quick

I can't afford it anyway.

2 months later
#4090 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You know, Motordome is not a bad game! Fully working early Bally , pretty solid games. Maybe he would do $700 in person?
Go play a bunch at Pinball Hall of fame. Be surprised what you might like. Good to have about ten titles in your head you want during your search. With that knowledge base, when a pin comes up on your list, you know to move fast on your budget.
Good Luck in search.

I think the last part is good advice. Have your money ready, keep looking, and be ready to pounce. You can get there but it might take a while. Be patient, and keep reading here in the meantime to get smarter. Being able to go to the PHOF is a huge advantage because you can try all sorts of stuff to see what you like.

I am only one year in and I have 3 machines and the total investment for all 3 is about what your budget is. Sure 2 of those are EMs but I was able to get a really nice SS also (Strikes and Spares), I just kept a lookout and when it turned up I went for it. And I can say for sure that if I had more space and an inclination to spend some more $$$ I could easily have 3 or 4 more right now, and these are machines that I know I would like to have that showed up for sale at reasonable prices and locally.

The bitter pill is location. They are so expensive to ship that it's best to get one as local as possible. I really want a EATPM, and they don't come around too often. A pretty nice one was put up here for a good price, but it was in PA. That was painful, I would have bought it in a minute if it were local here.

You also have to take into context the machine. The more popular the model, the tougher it is. So you just played a Fathom and did some research on it and thought it is pretty cool and would be great to have? Hah, join the club. The first one I have seen here in a while just popped up, and it sold in the thread in 5 minutes! But there are still lots of cool machines I think that won't be so high on the hot list.

4 weeks later
#4262 3 years ago

Looking for Elvira and the Party Monsters!
Nice condition prefered, meaning minimal playfield wear and low fade cabinet.
Also under $3 k preferred. Willing to shop,led, etc..
Please Pm me if you have one your willing to let go.
Thanks Eric

I'm right there with you. That's probably my #1 grail right now. Do you see my avatar? Do you see who is missing in my roster of girlfriends????? The one in the middle.... I have been watching, watching, watching but have seen nothing in this area.

This thread was particularly painful to see, this was a nice one in PA that started at $3100. In the last post it was at $2700, not sure if it ever sold or if it is still for sale. Too far away......

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-saletrade-elvira-and-the-party-monsters-eatpm-in-pa#post-3153760

2 weeks later
#4314 3 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Greg w/the TZ is in beautiful Shandon, CA.

My goal is to join you guys up there sometime soon in my retirement, being an ex-SLO Cal Poly guy.

#4328 3 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

Ex-Cal Poly SLO guy here too. I do miss the farmers market.

My time there predates the farmers market.......we're talking 70s.

We did play a lot of pinball back then, there was a little arcade next to Texas Donuts, I believe it was on Foothill. We used to go there and play pinball for hours on end, but unfortunately try as I might I cannot remember a single machine that I played there. For some reason I can remember all the video games I played, but not the pinballs.

#4334 3 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

I moved here in '79 to go to Poly. Married a local girl and never left.
That arcade over on Foothill was Martini's Family Fun Fair, I think, and lasted until the mid to late 80's.
I was there a lot '81-'83. During the video arcade bubble, he even expanded to a second location.

And you are one of those @#?@#'s who figured out a way to stay there. We say it that way only jokingly because we are so damn envious. A bunch of my buddies are also still there and I am working on the goal of getting back there and joining you all.

#4335 3 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

The arcade on Foothill was still there when I went to Cal Poly in the 80's. My GF (later wife) and I played the heck out of Eight Ball Deluxe.

What was the name of that burger place that was in there on the corner? Man those burgers were good, especially the next day after a night of excess. Not that I would know.

#4338 3 years ago

Ooohhh yeah. Gone now I guess. I just did a Google search and saw that Scrubby and Lloyds just closed a few months ago. Unbelievable!

1 week later
#4361 3 years ago

Also had Elvira & Party Monsters on the list, also known as EATPM. Good luck getting that one!! I'm still trying....

1 month later
#4593 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Also make sure the truck bill is filled out properly where you make notes of shipping condition
When receiving check those notes and make exception / notes if needed
Does Sly fox carry insurance ?
Trucking Bond ?

We use various shippers quite often for items that are about the size of pinball machines, although about 20-50x pricier. I think there is a common misconception about insurance when you hire someone to ship things. There really is none, unless you buy it extra. If things get damaged it is nearly impossible to get payment for it. Even if you HAVE insurance, it still can be very difficult to get a claim paid, as everyone in the chain will deny responsibility and blame everyone else. We have shipped things hundreds of times and haven't had any issues, but there have been a few disasters and we have had to eat it, since we generally don't purchase the insurance because it is expensive.

The best way to have success is to hire a shipper that is professional and knows how to properly handle your stuff, and has a good degree of customer service. Not so easy to find, but it is possible. And cross your fingers a lot and hope.

As another side note, it is a generally followed rule that it is up to the sender to pack things "properly". If there is damage and then it is determined that it wasn't "packed properly", then all responsibility will fall back to the sender. What does "packed properly" mean? Well, it is different for different things, but generally speaking, it needs to be set up so it can be reasonably expected to protect against the normal handling and collisions that will happen during the trip.

This is probably the only truly safe way for a pinball, from this same thread. Not many are going to take the time and expense to do it though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/102#post-3291898

#4634 2 years ago

Wow, that is nice. I was thinking Brentwood, like Brentwood in LA. Didn't realize there is another Brentwood up north, that is a haul from Socal. Tempting, looks like a great machine at a good price.

5 months later
#5244 2 years ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

I have new sheets of standard tempered pinball glass
$35 for standard
$45 for widebody

It cost me $53 for a standard one-off at a glass shop. I'll hit you up next time. Although I swear I will not break one of these again!

1 week later
#5345 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I do. But when you need to free up some cash, you gotta do what you gotta do. It's not like I won't ever get to play it again. Plus I have 30 other games so there is never a dull moment around here.
I would consider taking an older, cheaper game in trade. This Batman's real nice and I wouldn't have got it if I hadn't played it and inspected it first. Anybody that would like to do the same, let me know!

Maybe it's time to take your Bon Voyage back!

#5352 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I would consider taking it in trade. Bon Voyage was cool.

Seriously, your Batman is hanging there, that is a great deal for anyone who wants one. Its a pretty cool machine I think. For right now, I can't just justify the expense, unless you are giving me $5,000 for BV LOL.

The BV is the first pinball machine I got, and it is in really nice condition. I think I have to keep it for sentimental reasons. Its always here if you want to play it...

By the way, I am sure you remember the high score number someone carved in the head - 654,910. I had had it set up to give a free ball on the special plus another free ball on high score of 125,000 and set up for 5 balls. I was getting pretty good at it, and then one day it happened - I got in a groove and I started to totally destroy it. I think I rolled it over 4 times and I still had a big stack of balls left. I basically gave up that game, I was getting bored and didn't see any point in just continuing on and on, even to beat that stupid carved-in score. So I dialed everything back, basically there are no free balls any more, it just gives a credit for the special or the high score. So the challenge is to get the special, set a good score and to make the credit count go upward.

Plus, I never get tired of looking at it. Such a nice-looking machine, and sitting next to Strikes and Spares they make quite a pair.

3 months later
#5687 2 years ago

Firepowers don't come up that often, I would love to get a Firepower. I see that one, it looks pretty good if it works as represented. It has the typical playfield wear but that seems OK for that price. If I had room I'd drive right up to Fresno to get that one.

#5691 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Just talked to him and Harlem Glob Trotters is sold. Fire Power is still available.
He can deliver setup anywhere in Fresno/central valley plus he guarantees all his work> That is all included in the $1,600 price.
Ive bought 3 pins from him in the past and they all work perfectly.

Wow that is sickening, because that is a great opportunity to get a good Firepower and I'm not getting it. I'm outside the delivery range but I would be more than happy to go up and get it.

#5693 2 years ago

Maybe it's high I'm not really sure. I have Firepower and Fathom on my wish list so I get notifications when they come up for sale. I don't see many Fathoms and hardly any Firepowers at all so it's hard to get a gauge on the prices. On the other hand, I get tons of ads for Twilight Zone, Addams Family, AC/DC, Metallica and such so I have a pretty good idea where those should be.

4 weeks later
#5829 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you were in SoCal I might be tempted to talk about moving my AC/DC but I think I'm gonna try and flip it into an AFM, I've always liked it just a bit more.

Aurich is your AC/DC all Helenized?

#5835 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's not, funny enough, but I have everything to make it so.

Hah! I have been looking at AC/DC machines for some time, and came to the conclusion that a Helen version is the best way to go. Luci would be OK but I think a lot more money. Problem is, those Helen versions don't come around too often for reasons I understand. Your artwork is awesome.

This is a bit OT but even after doing a lot of reading, I am still confused as to how those playfield decals work. For example the Helen or another one is the Flintstones with the original cartoon characters instead of the movie. I presume it is some sort of decal that is placed onto the playfield and it somehow is attached there? How is it attached? And if you put in on there, what protects the decal from ball wear? It seems the ideal situation would be to put down the decal and then clear over the whole thing. But that would require a complete teardown of the playfield to get the clear done. That would be expensive. I guess maybe the decal has Mylar on it or something equivalent?

#5837 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks! I'll probably list my ACDC Prem at some point, but if you ever need a Helen kit just let me know, never know what I might still have lying around.
As for the playfield decal, it was a fun little experiment, and it worked okay, but I've since decided it's just not a great idea. As you say, they wear eventually, and even though it's thin it might impact a slow moving ball at the edges. Not that the Pro has a lot of slow moving balls I guess ...

OK that makes sense, I always wondered about that. Not long ago there was a Flintstones that popped up for sale here and the owner said it had the decal and it was cleared on top of that, I thought that was pretty nice. But like I said, you would pay for that privilege.

The Premium looks pretty good, its just the Pro model that is the problem. I have been a fan of AC/DC since the early 70s but man I could not stand looking at Angus's big ugly face every time I wanted to play that machine.

#5841 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My game is a Premium, if you're serious about looking for one we can always talk. But if you don't want the face the new vault Pro got rid of it, so there's that.

The artwork on that new one looks like it was done by a 7th grader that just learned how to do Photoshop.

4 months later
#6209 1 year ago

Those things must be a blast! But until they come around here with giant tractors and scoop us out some big basements like all those people in the midwest have, whose got room??

3 months later
2 months later
#6962 1 year ago

I just now saw this Fun Fest in this estate sale at Costa Mesa, usually I try to keep up with the local estate sales but I got behind and just now saw this. This is the first time I have seen a pinball in one of these. No idea if it is still there for today, but if it is maybe they will be ready to move it out. There is also a Defender video game.

https://www.estatesales.net/CA/Costa-Mesa/92626/1927824

4 weeks later
#7032 1 year ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

A bit off topic, but I am going to invest a bunch of time to a playfield restoration. Reading up on tips and tricks, and I am pretty much good to go on everything except the clear coat.... I don't really want to mess around with automotive clear coat. That stuff seems better left to professionals.
Anyone know someone local (OC and LA area) that would be interested in hitting my playfield with an automotive clear coat? Willing to pay a reasonable rate, and deliver/pick up. PM me with any contacts or offers. Thanks!

I’m in HB also and would be interested if you have any luck. I’ve tried a few different body shops but no luck so far.

#7053 1 year ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Except for the fact it's too far. We need a more eastern spot for good food and great pins. Seriously it's like a 6 hr round trip for me. Definitely wish I could be there more.

You’ve got the mother lode right in your backyard! Only open two or three times a year though.

#7074 1 year ago

I figured that's how this works. At the last Banning show I was playing a nice Metallica but then the new owner came up to me within seconds and told me how it was his, then stood there and hovered over me as I was playing. I got the feeling he didn't appreciate me racking up plays on his machine. It was uncomfortable, actually, a bit annoying.

#7076 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Or maybe he was just making sure everything was working on the game?

Then, he would be looking at the game, instead of staring at me

#7080 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Uh... maybe he had a crush on you? O_o

Even worse!

I do think it was last March. Anyway, not a big deal, there were 400 other pinball machines to play including other Metallicas, I had a great time as always. Still, it was just annoying enough to mention it here. I was thinking about making a post about at the time, but I don't want to be the source of much trauma in the pinball world.

1 month later
#7201 11 months ago

Does someone here run the pinball machines at the Spring View middle school game room? Saw on Facebook.

3 months later
#7443 8 months ago

Gee whiz, that is really nice, that's a great deal. Another great machine on my wish list I will pass up due to lack of room.

1 month later
#7594 7 months ago
Quoted from Blenderhead:

I have a Skateball with CPR silver playfield installed, new playfield hardware/plastics, original perfect backglass, and repainted Pinball Pal Stenciled cab ( ( I did myself), and looks factory..., people who dealt/bought from me in the past know,the machines I sell ARE as advertised. This one is trade bait for now. All offers open, but looking for; Gottlieb 1975 Atlantis, Metalillica (plus cash) Medieval Madness or Monster Bash remake (plus cash), or whatever...open to ideas. Also FT, WW, SS, TZ

Yes I can attest Blenderhead has the goods. The Strikes and Spares I got from you is still cranking and it still looks beautiful!

2 months later
#7837 4 months ago

Lots of stuff coming up at Captain's Auction tomorrow. Beatles Gold, a Tron Legacy LE (I am wondering what that will go for). X-Men, Star Trek Pro, Sopranos, Mr Mrs Pacman, Harley Davidson, Jubilee, Carnival, Little Chief, King Kool, Circus, Bongo, Fun Cruise, Hook, Elvis, Judge Dredd, T2, TZ, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Shaq Attaq, at the end a Beatles Platinum in the box.

It will be interesting to see what the Tron goes for, also the T2 which seems to be nice from the pics. Bongo looks pretty cool, I had never seen that one before until now.

I wonder what one of those T2 Judgment Day arcades with the machine guns would go for? Man, it would be cool to have that side by side with a T2 pinball.

As usual, also a lot of arcades, skeeballs, pool tables etc.

If this link works, this is kind of cool-looking and something I haven't seen before: a pile of 80s arcade game marquees. No idea what those would go for, but seems like they could be cool for something...maybe artwork in a game room.

https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/18/lot/5213?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F18%3Fpage%3D11

The very last item is intriguing: 4 boxes of "misc pinball small parts". What the heck is in there? You would have to go over there and look. Looks like a lot of lamp sockets maybe?

https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/18/lot/5369?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F18%3Fpage%3D11

#7845 4 months ago

I agree about Captain’s Auction. Actually I believe that about any auctions period. Cars, antiques, art, whatever. I just assume it is filled with owners bidding on their own stuff, shills bidding, chandelier bids, and who knows what. But you can always do your research on an item and then back calculate all the fees and figure out what you would be willing to pay. As long as you hold to that and don’t get caught up in bidding you won’t overpay. Maybe you could luck out and get a reasonable deal. But probably not.

Suppose the Tron LE is a good and clean example. It seems if you want one you are going to have to put out $11,000 these days. Maybe you could get one for $10,500 or even $10,000. But $11,000 seems to be the current asking price.

If you win a bid at $11,000 then you have to pay 15% on top of that so another $1650 on top of that to make it $12,650. Then OC sales tax of 7.75% to. To make the total about $13,600. Ouch.

If you got it for a bid of $8,500 then you would be out the door for around $10,500. That would be a somewhat decent deal. But do you think the hammer will fall at $8,500? I doubt it well, we’ll see.

#7852 4 months ago

Captains Auction hammer prices (add 15% plus 7.75% tax)

Wrestlemania 3200
Walking Dead Pro Refinery Edition 4800
Wizard of Oz Emerald City LE 8300
Judge Dred 2500
Avengers Pro 4000
No Fear 2300 2300
T2 clean LEDs 3000
Tron Legacy LE upkicker coil out, chrome has some wear, was on location 8600
Iron Maiden Pro 4600
Rob Zombie 4000
TOTAN 6200
TZ 6600
Beatles Gold new with box 7100
Beatles Platinum in box, reserve set at 10,000. No one took it, it was passed.

There are bunch more pinballs still left, I’m bored of it though not watching any more.

#7856 4 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Not one deal in the bunch.

Nope. You can do better just shopping at Pinside. For the final price of the TZ you could go get Leo13's posted above and it's probably 10X nicer.

#7861 4 months ago

A few selected others I went back and checked on.

Travel Time EM 800 not sure if that’s a good deal or not. Looked decent. Seems like a cool machine.

Fun Cruise EM 150. Pretty rough looking, missing lockdown bar. Cheap though.

Carnival Playmatic EM 250. Pretty decent looking. I don’t know anything about that machine but it seems nice looking and it features people of color which seems rare in the older machines.

Classic Centipede 700. I’m not up in the classic arcade values so no idea if this is good. I do know I would be a hero if I had a Centipede in the game room. No space for that though.

Classic Zaxxon 700. I probably could have bought this with the quarters I put into Zaxxons way back in the day. I loved that game.

The T2 Judgment Day went for 475.

Skeeballs are all over the place and go for as little as 200. Skeeball is by far the most requested game for me to get. Two of these side by side would be epic for many people. So frickin huge though.

1 month later
#7988 3 months ago

Wow, no buyer yet? That looks super nice and for a good price too.

1 week later
#8014 3 months ago

There is a Klondike in this upcoming estate sale in Rancho Palos Verdes.

https://www.estatesales.net/CA/Rancho-Palos-Verdes/90275/2252034

#8018 3 months ago

Are you saying your passing on the Rusty dusty, dirty sale?
You cant see the playfield thru the glass.
All kidding aside, thanks for posting.
Hard pass, Next.

There are more pictures in there if you scroll through, including one of the playfield. Looks like someone cleaned the glass to take the photos. It looks like it might be pretty decent, although I don't have the good eye that some of you guys have. The backglass seems to look pretty good. Legs are real rusty but that should be fixable.

The auction details say this: Williams “Klondike” Pin Ball Game – Locked

So presumably the key is lost. Hard to say what mechanical condition it is in, but overall it seems complete.

I have no idea what this might go for at one of these estate sales. I have gone to some local estate sales and picked up some pretty good deals on various random stuff. I also don't know much about Klondike, but I looked it up and it seems to be a fairly desirable EM.

The estate sellers seem to be a mixed bag in my experience. Sometimes they are glad to take cash for a decent price, other times they seem to want what I would consider too high of a price. I wonder if it might be a situation where if they don't get it out of there by the last day, they would take a good offer to get rid of it. Although, I'm not sure what that would be. What do you think? $200 maybe?

Also, who knows if someone will come in and buy it. For a while I was going through the estate sales looking for 70s vintage stereo systems. I found some really nice-looking stuff too, but then I also found out from talking to some of the sellers that there are a bunch of people that go around looking specifically for those, and they always show up early on the first day with cash in hand and snatch them up. So, I never even saw any of them on site. Could be the same with the pinballs.

3 weeks later
#8138 80 days ago

Anyone got an EARTHSHAKER???

#8140 80 days ago

They are saying 6.6

#8157 78 days ago

A solid long-lasting roller shaking the whole house in OC. Nothing fell though. I wasn’t scared but as it was going I was thinking this one has to be slamming them pretty hard up in Ridgecrest if I’m getting this action this far away.

#8198 76 days ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I actually live in Ridgecrest... I am about 3 miles away from China Lake military base and some distance inside is the location of the epicenter. I NEVER want to experience these Quakes that we just went through AGAIN!!!!! This was my first experience with earthquakes.
Today feels a "little normal" and thought i'd go on Pinside to get updated on Whats for sale in Cali.
Is it bad for a home owner to first check on your pinball machines before looking at house or pool damage? That was what I did.
I will also add that Tales from the Crypt, Star Wars (Premium/LE) , and Metallica (Premium/LE) made it through the Earthquake scratch free and playable (Along with a few Arcade machines).
I plan to play the crap out of my pinball machines tomorrow (given that my job will not let us work for obvious reasons) and lets see if a bigger aftershock triggers the tilt bob

Glad you are OK. I can hardly imagine what that was like for you, especially that second one, considering what we felt hundreds of miles away. That is one hell of a way to experience your first earthquake.

1 month later
#8358 28 days ago

That's great you got one there. To me its like any auction, if you know what you want, have done your homework, and know what you are willing to pay, then you have a chance of getting something. Its not that hard to pre-figure all of the fees to get your out the door number. If you get something at the price you thought was fair, then you win.

I think the auctions are fun, I've been to a few and have never bought anything. If you had a big game room and wanted certain things, I think you can get good deals because there are so many. Like, Skee-balls, they have tons of them. Also pool tables.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 89.99
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 24.00
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 14.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.00
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside