(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,566 posts
  • 499 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Djshakes
  • Topic is favorited by 313 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,496 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#690 4 years ago

THESE ARE SOLD.

I'm looking to sell a No Good Gophers in pretty good shape for $3000. Has original backglass and Caddyshack translight. It's this one here. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/caddyshack-ngg-fs-in-so-ca-no-sound-fix-yourself-save

Put rottendog video/audio board in to fix sound problem it had when I bought it.

Also HUO low plays WOZLE for $6700. It has installed a spotlight gi kit that cost $125 and upper playfield cliffy. June 2013 build. Only ever had one gi board go out back in july13 all the time I owned it. No problems since. Looks great. Playfield looks really good when playing but if you shine light and look at certain angles it looks less so. For extra $300 will include gorgeous spare playfield.
image-134.jpgimage-263.jpgimage.jpg

image-103.jpg
image-322.jpg

4 months later
#1578 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I will be pulling my TWD pro out of 82 in the next couple weeks. Very well maintained with no problems. Cold GI replaced with warm. $4100 with shaker or $4000 without shaker.

Bummer, i was just there and enjoyed playing it. I guess im going to have to make another trip or two there before you pull it.

#1583 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Well then you will have to enjoy the TWD premium that is replacing it

Sweet.

2 months later
#1864 4 years ago

Wasn't someone doing a Buffy the Vampire Slayer retheme of SoF? Maybe that bumped up its value.

#1887 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

That is a wise move that should not be overlooked! I sold some pins and and I thought many on the way but somehow once $ was around a while it was no longer for pins. I now have a pitiful collection by any standards. I should of known better.

I hear ya. I used to own 6 pins and 8 classic arcade games. Now I am down to one of each.

2 months later
#2378 4 years ago
Quoted from m34est:

I would love to have this pin, but the wife gave a firm "no". Someone needs to buy this quick to remove my temptation -- and maybe sell it to me when you are done with it.

I sometimes use the wife as a scapegoat why i cant have or do something. Im guessing you might be doing this a little here. Sure she might say no, but if you really really wanted it, I bet she would be cool.

1 month later
#2581 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryphun:

I have seen quite a few Data East Checkpoints for sale in the $1,900 - $2,200 range (8/10 quality)

That is ridiculous. Divide by two and it still would be overpriced for that stinker.

1 month later
#2742 3 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

U guys done? It was like that when i got it.

Maybe it was the Def Leppard LE

#2776 3 years ago

I'll take it for $400. Good price. The Heavy Metal that is.

#2815 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Even if it cost me $600 total including getting it here, it's still a good deal to me because I have paid much more for them. And I wouldn't be planning on selling it. It is a rare machine. And it looks like it has been well taken care of.

I've been looking to add an em to the collection and you sure are making this sound good. Hmmmm.

#2879 3 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Payment sent, shipping arranged. I am done searching for my cock

Maybe lose a little of the gut?

Oh wait, I didn't read the next line

Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

tail pinball machine.

2 weeks later
#2981 3 years ago

From those photos, I wouldnt have noticed the touchups. Valuable lesson here is that it is not worth the hassle or your reputation to understate the issues on a pin you are selling to maybe make a few extra bucks.

2 months later
#3442 3 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Its so hot today in California.
I like turtles

Me too.

image_(resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#3548 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I would love too, but unfortunately no, (hold your applause) I don't think that I would blend very well.

So don't take a shower or change clothes for a week or two before you go. You'll blend in just fine.

#3591 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Great food, beer and pins that play great. What more could you want?

To be a little closer to me.

#3592 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

There's one at 82

They need to update their website to show that. I have been waiting for them to get GB before I go again. Been checking their list of games every couple of days. Will have to make it out there next week.

1 week later
#3669 3 years ago

The saying is ass, gas, or grass.

1 month later
#4190 3 years ago

This will be my first CAX. I can't wait. I will be wearing my Vicjw66 badge if anyone wants to say hi and maybe a friendly wager of a dollar a game, or just for fun.

#4194 3 years ago

Sounds good. I'm driving up right after I get off work at 3am. Will be there sat and sun.

2 months later
#4493 3 years ago

This policy sucks. I enjoy looking at the pics, and if someone really doesn't want to pay the fees, this won't stop them.

3 weeks later
#4609 3 years ago
Quoted from Akitostarwind:

I'm in northern California, Sacramento area looking to buy if the price is responsible.

What if the price is irresponsible?

3 weeks later
#4688 3 years ago

Pictures are worth a thousand words.

#4690 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Except in this thread....pictures are worth a thousand bans

Totally forgot about that bs.

2 months later
#4951 2 years ago

Went to AYCE GOGI Friday night. On my first game ever I fell just short of the Grand champion score. Very early code on BM66

1 week later
#5003 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Id say about half that..... 2500-3k range if its restored with a rebuilt joystick.

I sold mine in good condition for $850. About 5 years ago.

#5005 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I really like it a lot and my kid likes it too, but something has come up and I could use the cash.

Yeah right. The code is so bare at this point, how could any player worth his salt not be bored within 10 games.

#5014 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It keeps me intrigued trying to figure out just what the rules are.

Rules are, there ain't no rules. Noone could be intrigued with the rules as they currently stand.

#5016 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

yeah, this unfortunately is one of those games that in the last couple of year prices have skyrocketed on, much like paperboy, and tapper.

Being in Cali i would say he could prolly get 2500 for it, and even then it might sit for a month or two before the right buyer comes along, but thats what i would price it at if it was super clean with new joystick

Wow! I haven't kept track of arcade game prices since i sold mine all off more than 5 years ago. As I remember

Tron $1000
720 $850
Super Punch out w/ extra punch out board $1500
Star Wars upright with amplifone $1200
Krull $500

2 months later
#5218 2 years ago

All a scam. Shill bidding on every pin. The only deals you will ever get are on slightly broken arcade games at the tail end of the auction after everybody else goes home.

#5281 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Except that it is.

Certainly more fun to shoot than Family Guy.

#5302 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wouldn't go that far. But hey, trolls gotta troll...and we're in bizarro world now where people have convinced themselves Ghostbusters actually plays well. Nothing makes sense anymore.

Ghostbusters is definitely overrated. The pro especially. I think you might be a little too close to FG brand and thus overlook the many many many flaws of that pin. Trey Parker and Matt Stone probably think South Park is a great pin.

On a side note: Recently saw an episode of FG where they were on a toboggan and were all wearing GoPros. The screen was split 6 ways so you could see each point of view. Brilliant whoever came up with that idea. Must have been very difficult to coordinate.

#5308 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Quite the opposite. The last thing I want to see outside of work is FG. It's just a flat out great game. The most Williams feeling Stern has built and one of Pat Lawlor's best. Great design, great unique main toy, great rules by Keith Johnson. It's highly rated by tournament players, casuals, and players in between. I think you're a little too against the game for reasons never quite explained...usually completely out of context & just to push my buttons for some reason.

I'm always surprised when I really like a game and others hate it and vice versa. How can people's tastes be so different?

I'm a big Lawlor fan and was a big fan of FG show at the time the game came out. It was one of two games at the local bowling alley so I nhave played FG hundreds and hundreds of times. Maybe my expectations were too high, which makes its shortcomings more amplified in my mind.

Main issues are in no particular order:

Call outs get old and annoying after awhile more so than other games. Hearing same jokes and Louis' voice over and over.

If a game only has one ramp it better be a really good and satisfying shot to hit like TOTAN for example. FG ramp is easy to hit, cheap plastic, does not elevate very high or criss cross, etc. Very bland ramp.

Mini play field feels like cheap kiddie toy you would buy at Toys R Us. Scaling down a play field does not translate properly. Mini play field was unreliable and the little ball would often bounce over flippers.

Rules were alright but nothing special.

#5331 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Was the bowling alley's machine running old code? The game came out 10 years ago and people are still telling me they're hearing new quotes on their machines. FGY had more custom dialog and show clips than any other Stern out there. Tell me a game that has more varied clips.
Also who is Louis?

I'm convinced you were playing old code.
Keith Johnson rules are always special.

Whoops. You may be onto something there. In 2007 code updates weren't on my radar as much as they are now. TWD didn't have Horde in it for well over a year. I used to leave post its on the game begging for an update to the code, and after about a year the operator finally did. He was an old time operator who didn't really know or care about code updates.

So I concede that FG may have had early code the whole time it was there. Certainly that would have an adverse effect on my opinion of the game. But, I still stand by my criticisms of the ramp and Stewie mini play-field.
Damn, now I'm going to have play that game again to find out. Ugh.

Louis is Lois' auto fill-in cousin.

#5337 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I would be willing to sell my Batman66 premium for $6800. Have had no problems with it at all. Located in north orange county.

But I thought you loved the game? I would give Lyman a few more months to work his magic. Look what he did with TWD code. I fully expect he will make this a top 3 all time pin.

#5338 2 years ago

Correction: A top 3 all time Batman themed pin.

#5355 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, I think it's a pretty good deal for somebody that prefers to inspect the games they are purchasing instead of paying for shipping and having a mystery box show up.

For sure.
I noticed you had a 1948 Bucanneer in your lineup. I bought one of those years ago but could never get it to work. Finally sold it a few years ago. Always thought the layout was pretty cool for that era. If you ever are looking to get rid of it let me know.

1 week later
#5364 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That Buccaneer is a real fun game and I got it working perfectly. It's kind of a special game to me because sometimes late at night it is the only one I can still function enough to play. lol. But it's not easy...
You come by and play it anytime you like.

Might take you up on that sometime.

4 months later
#5735 2 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

Got my Star Wars LE today. Was going to keep the pro as well here however I've decided I will move it. Lemme know if interested, has Shaker and mylar shooter since open a few weeks ago. Open to trades as well.

Is the LE going on location?

By the way, I am sorry for missing the tournament you just held after rsvp'ing that I would attend. A bunch of relatives visited last week to see our newborn son, and one of them decided to infect us with a nasty cold. I figured you wouldn't want me coughing and sneezing all over your games and risking a bunch of people catching what My family caught.

2 months later
#5971 2 years ago

That thing is stunning. Who did the restoration?

3 months later
#6346 1 year ago
Quoted from CCPL:

Decided to put my Spider-man Home Edition up for sale in Nor Cal.

Machine - For Sale
Spider-Man (Home Edition)New!HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “First owner, purchased new. Have not had any issues with game, plays great.

$3,000, pick up in Folsom, CA near Sacramento.”
15 hours ago Folsom, CA 3,000
IamNaN

You describe it as documented HUO. I got a little chuckle reading that. Are there any routed home editions?

#6377 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Please please don’t set this one to $1 per game. Pretty please !

For a game that cost $9k+, I agree with you. Should probably be $1.50

#6378 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

What, what? Thats awesome Shane!

What he said.

2 months later
#6618 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Mine. Duh. Ya never took me up on my offer to come check it out.

I don’t blame him. He’s probably thinking, “Anybody else have one to play? Anybody?”
Kidding.

#6621 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Fuck, I don’t post for like 5 months and nothing’s changed.
Eat a bag o dicks, Pinside!

Good to see you back. Pinside is more interesting with you on it. There. That compliment cancels it out.

#6657 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

That and I enjoy having sex with my wife, so there’s that.

$3300 seems kinda high price to pay for sex.

1 week later
#6767 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Machine - For Sale

Bump for price drop. This is a fantastic IJ. Quite frankly I’m surprised nobody has bought this yet..

Hey man, I will not be buyer-shamed by you or anyone else. Shame on you for making me feel bad about myself.

#6768 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

No offense or anything dude, just why you wont hear from me on this one.

Yet we keep hearing from you on this one.

3 weeks later
#6872 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Iron Maiden LE trade is done! Sorry I didn't get back to everyone's DM's... lots of interest in it, but I have a deposit and unless it falls out, deal is done.

A wise choice. I've played a bit on both the pro and the LE, and frankly the extra features really don't add much to the game.

1 month later
#6982 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Looking for a HUO or really mint condition Captain Fantastic.

Are there any HUO Captain Fantastics?

4 weeks later
#7054 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hobbit isn’t math. It’s a cinematic mode based progression game, like LOTR. It has audio and video of all the characters and stories and draws you into its world. POTC has zero characters or stories despite having to pick from 40 characters. It lacks personally. Feels stale. Doesn’t make use of its multi movie license.

I agree with you on Pirates but c'mon. Do you really like Hobbitt? Like the movie, Hobbit is long and boring. Is there another machine that has longer ball times than Hobbitt? I'd rather play Family Guy....and that's sayin something.

#7057 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh hai troll.
It’s a cinematic pinball experience like no other.

Agreed. If you're into watching other people play pinball then this is the game for you.

#7063 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

Guys take it to the game discussion threads, please! This is one of the more enjoyable bicker-free threads and you’re ruining that.

You’re right. Sorry.

#7067 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I love that game, super fun. Regret passing on cheapies of it years ago and now I just don’t see it around.

Definitly fun if you got a few players to compete against.

1 month later
#7214 1 year ago
Quoted from doomid:

Still have a NIB IMDN Pro for sale or trade if anyone interested.
Will also have a HUO Thunderbirds with very low plays, new out of box on Monday if anyone is interested in that.

Shane, do you have a Thunderbirds set up at Ayce Gogi?

#7229 1 year ago

Can’t we all just agree that they both suck almost as much as Family Guy and be done with it?

#7230 1 year ago

The pin, not the show. The show sometimes is funny.

1 month later
#7377 11 months ago
Quoted from doomid:

If you're free Dec. 22nd were having the Beatles Launch Party at On Tilt @ AYCE Gogi if interested in attending.
Event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/418430665359498/
Signup:
https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050E4BA8AD22A57-stern3

When is AYCE Gogi getting Beatles or have you already got one?

#7386 11 months ago
Quoted from doomid:

It will be here this week.

Cool. Let us know when so we can make a trip up there.

#7387 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nope. Played it a bunch this weekend. If it was like $3k I’d consider it for my wife as she loves The Beatles - but the game is far too featureless at its asking price.

Didn't know you got married. Congrats.

#7392 11 months ago
Quoted from doomid:

It will be here this week.

Has Beatles arrived yet? I was thinking of stopping by Friday night, but would be bummed to fight that awful traffic only to find it’s not there yet.
Thanks

#7396 11 months ago
Quoted from spandol:

It’s there. Really enjoyed it. Feels solid, like a JJP, which was a nice surprise.

Cool. I’ll stop by then.

4 months later
#7858 6 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The old Super Auctions weren’t like that. They were true auctions....they’d find some old warehouse full of games and everything had to go - no one had a vested interest in pumping up each unit. Goal was “remove these from the property”. They had some of their own shady practices, but great deals on games until the inventory dried up.

In 1997 got at hammer price working $170 Sorcerer and $50 street fighter 2 arcade.
Around 2000, got a clean TZ with a bunch of issues for $1200.
Sure they felt a little shady, especially when describing condition, but nothing compared to all the shenanigans you will see now.

Edit:classic Super Auction line “it was working earlier, probably just a fuse”
Then you would open it up and boards would be missing. Learned that lesson with an $85 spy hunter that after years of trying, never could get working quite right.

1 week later
#7911 6 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

You don't volunteer and the state does not have to track you down based on the new law. You will be paying the tax to the (out of state) company that sold you the NIB pin. The tax is part of the final bill.

In theory. But has that been occurring in practice?

#7914 6 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

There might be some exceptions, but for example if you buy a pin from JJ at Game Exchange in Colorado, you *will* be paying California sales tax on your purchase.

Bummer. I bought my TWD premium from him for a really good price a few years back. On top of the Sternflation I’m also going to have to pony up an extra 8% or so if Stern ever makes another great gane.

#7925 6 months ago
Quoted from doomid:

Willy Wonka LE inbound, will have next week for a few days prior to GSPF if anyone is interested in trying it out.

Is Wonka there yet? Will it be there Thursday night? Is there a league night Thursday? I wouldn’t want to make the long drive only to find out it’s league night and get kicked out again.

#7928 6 months ago
Quoted from spandol:

We are having our league finals there this Thursday night.

Thanks for the heads up. Is wonka there tonight?

#7930 6 months ago

Thanks.
I guess I’ll wait until it’s back from the show. Was planning to go to Golden State show but have a cousin’s wedding in Palm Springs this weekend. Weddings always seem to get in the way. I assume Shane gets to keep the game on location after the show?

4 weeks later
#8012 5 months ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Any one looking for a Alien Extermination game, drop me a line
Great condition , fully working and would make great money on someone’s route
Free local delivery for this beast

Is that the game that has the high score screen as "The Bishop of Battle". I thought I remember seeing that. It's a pretty cool reference to the 80's movie Nightmares.

"That's JJ Clooney. He's the best there ever was. You've been hustled."

#8017 5 months ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I put a pic up in the market place
It’s single/dual player game based on the Alien movies
“ stay Frosty “

Yeah, I believe that machine has a special high score screen champion.

Similar to grand champion on pinball, there is a "Bishop Of Battle" champion on Aliens.
It's a homage to a classic 80s movie. You should check out the movie Nightmares from 1983 starring Emilio Estevez. It is about 4 separate urban legends. One of the urban legends is about a Billy Mitchel type savant. He passes the level 13 of the hardest arcade game ever made. Noone was there when he won because he broke into the arcade after closing. As a young kid who spent his weekends in the arcade during the early 80's, that movie was right up there with Tron.

2 weeks later
#8074 4 months ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

It's ATTAQ, sir. Don't try and take the fun out of it.
Still for sale!

It kicks ass over Medieval Madness. Polls don’t lie.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaq-attaq-vs-medieval-madness-original

#8098 4 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

I do miss my Tron LE. The thing that pin excels at more than anything else is pure theme immersion. The sounds and music really suck you deep into the theme like few other pins can (LotR is good theme integration too but still not quite as good as Tron). The ruleset is ok, but people don't buy Tron for it's ruleset.

I love the music and sounds in Daft Punk multiball. The callout at the start of the mode is pretty damn cool too.

1 week later
#8196 4 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yep, gotta love that child raping design. :eye roll:
Or just admit that it’s a great theme, great art, great sound (once modded) and that once you address the flaws (which yes, you shouldn’t have to, but do) and learn how to plunge and where to shoot is actually pretty playable.
Or you can keep screaming into the void about how it should have been different. Up to you dude.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Nope. It’s still the worst game ever made in the history of all human attempts at game creation. I’ll never touch one again. May John Trudeau rot in prison.
LOL “learn how to plunge”. GTFO, man...Lolol.

Sorry guys. But this is a no heroes club. One of yous gots to go.

#8197 4 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Sorry guys. But this is a no heroes club. One of yous gots to go.

I appealed to the thread moderators to allow both of you to continue posting here. But I am truly sorry, the appeal has been denied. Past Precedent was upheld.

1 week later
#8221 3 months ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

Yes sir we have the following demo games available at Comic-Con.
Pick up after the show in San Diego on Sunday night 7/21 and save an additional $100.
2 Black Knight Pro
3 Black Knight Premiums
1 Iron Maiden Premium
1 Beatles Gold
1 Munsters Premium Black and White
1 Munsters Premium Color
2 Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
1 Star Trek Pro
1 Star Wars Premium

No Star Wars home edition? I thought that was going to be the big reveal at comic con.

1 month later
#8363 79 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you come home empty handed there is always those wonderful authentic tacos out in the parking lot the captain provides free of charge.

Those tacos are free? I didn’t know that.

#8376 75 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks! There have been many times I have been outbid on items and other times I actually brought something home. I was not going to let this one slip away and go home moping.
If you are looking at some of the lower end items, often there are deals to be had despite the extra fees.

I’ve made this mistake at auctions a few times. I bought a spy hunter arcade game for $85 once and spent a ton of time and money trying to figure out what was wrong with it. I have found the cheaper deals usually have problems so hard to figure out or so expensive to fix that it’s not worth it. Probably the reason the owner put it up for auction in the first place.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 7.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 26.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside