So I think I have finally lined up enough funds to go looking for one of my grail machines. So here is my official 'I want it!' ad...
I am looking for a restoration candidate Funhouse.
If you look at my posting history, you will find that I completely re-did a SF2 over the last two years, and I am hoping to do the same with a Funhouse.
So what do I mean by a restoration candidate?
1. The playfield must be complete (including Rudy)
2. Ideally, the game is still assembled. However, I would consider a game in pieces as long as the playfield is still assembled.
3. The cabinet can be faded, scratched, and gouged. I just don't want anything with delaminating plywood, or water damage.
4. The backglass/translite can be faded, or even completely missing.
5. The playfield...This is where things get tricky. I know there are reproduction playfields out there, and they do occasionally come up for sale. That said, I absolutely would love to buy (and am willing to pay more for) a restoration machine that would include an uninstalled reproduction playfield. However, as long a the playfield is restoreable (minor wear marks, no prior touchups) I will consider it. Rudy must be complete.
6. Boards/electronics.. It does not need to work. I can be missing boards, but no missing/hacked wiring harnesses please.
7. Price: Obviously I am not going to pay you the same as you would get for a nice fully functional Funhouse. I am willing to pay $3,000-$3,500 (cash on the glass) for a complete game.
8. I am not interested in shipping a game from out of state. Ive had bad experience with shippers, and am more than willing to travel as far south as San Diego, and as far north as the Bay area.