(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,710 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 461 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uncivil_engineer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#703 9 years ago

I'm looking for a dead, unrestorable late 80's William pinball machine for a P-roc project. I'm in Southern California. Ideally, it would be a system 7 to system 11 pinball. It doesnt have to have the boards in it, just a relatively intact play field and cabinet.

Just to clarify, I'm not looking for a free machine, I'm willing to pay $200 or possibly a little more.

4 months later
#1391 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It sure is! It's also a great way to circumvent having to list a pinball machine in the marketplace.

Educate this newbie... Why would I not want to list a machine in the marketplace?

1 month later
#1589 8 years ago

I am selling my Williams Flash in Tehachapi, California.

This would be a good machine for someone that wants to try their hand at cabinet and playfield restoration, as the machine is very complete, and mechanically in good condition.

Im asking $800 obo for it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-williams-flash-in-southern-california

IMG_2992.jpgIMG_2992.jpg
IMG_2982.jpgIMG_2982.jpg
IMG_2983.jpgIMG_2983.jpg
IMG_2988.jpgIMG_2988.jpg
IMG_2990.jpgIMG_2990.jpg
IMG_2991.jpgIMG_2991.jpg

4 weeks later
#1687 8 years ago

Man, I thought you would have sold that by now. I wish I could get the cash out of my Flash, I would love to have a HS.

1 week later
#1708 8 years ago

That is one clean looking Taxi. GLWTS

1 week later
#1764 8 years ago

It looks like I have finally found a home for my Flash. Hopefully it will get moved out in the next few weeks.

I'm looking for a High Speed or Pinbot for around $1000. I know there are one of each on Craigslist, but I think each may be a bit overpriced.

#1802 8 years ago

Digging through my stash of pinball parts today, I came across a back glass for a space invaders. (The rear glass with the graphics) I'll post pictures if anyone is interested in buying it.

#1804 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinbali:

I hate you... I would have bought it, I just picked up my kid from Woodward yesterday. Ugh

Bummer. I find that when it comes to pinball, Murphy's law is in full effect.

#1814 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Hoping to find a Tommy, hopefully in N. Ca. Only requirement is that the blinders are there and functional.

I know there had been one for sale on the LA Craigslist for quite some time. I don't know it's condition though.

1 month later
1 week later
#2143 8 years ago

Jasonbar,
With regards to your U20 issue. I fought a similar electrical issue in a friend of mine's Judge Dred a few months ago. You can read about it here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-jd-keeps-eating-uln2803s

We ended up replacing U14, and so far it has held up 3 months later.

3 months later
#2618 8 years ago

I am looking to trade my Popeye. This is a very family friendly machine, that has a very deep rule set to keep the adults interested. It is pretty clean, and works well. I would prefer another Williams WPC era machine. I would love to get a High Speed 2 or No Good Gophers.
It's located in Tehachapi, CA..

IMG_3636_(resized).JPGIMG_3636_(resized).JPG
IMG_3637_(resized).JPGIMG_3637_(resized).JPG
IMG_3638_(resized).JPGIMG_3638_(resized).JPG
IMG_3632_(resized).jpgIMG_3632_(resized).jpg

#2660 8 years ago

Ive had a few inquiries about my Popeye, most wanting to buy it outright. So I am posting a price of $2,100 for it.

IMG_3632_(resized).jpgIMG_3632_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2730 8 years ago

I've dropped the price on my Popeye to $2,000. I still would like to trade it if I could.

1 week later
#2881 8 years ago

I've dropped the price on my Popeye to $1900. I'd like to sell it to a pinsider rather than put it on Craigslist.

#2902 8 years ago

Any one interested in a project Space Shuttle?
All the parts are there, and the plastics look to be in good shape (however some are warped). I tried to clean up the playfield, but it is planking too much to be cleaned. The cabinet head needs repainting also. One the plus side, it works and plays well. However, a remote backup battery needs to be installed. I am hoping to get $600 for it.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2910 8 years ago
Quoted from swanng:

Agreed. I think the most I ever paid was for Medieval Madness (or maybe it was Tales of the Arabian Nights): if I recall, they were both $2200.00. The ToTAN was a private sale from a collector in Salinas, and I got the MM from Betson off route. Purchased both around 2005-2006.
I don't think we'll ever see prices like that again.
Greg

Yeah, they are not making any more of those machines. Unless the economy takes a huge dive, we may never see prices like that again.

#2963 8 years ago

Popeye and Space Shuttle both were sold today. Thanks Wil...

#2987 8 years ago

I am going to try to buy this year at pagg. I'm looking for a player quality WPC game like HS2, FT, or WCS94.

So how hard is it to find deals at PAGG? I've never been to a show before.

#3016 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

But please, if you buy leave the machine on the floor until the end of the show. Nothing is worse than machines leaving friday and leaving holes on the floor.

I can see how that would be a problem. I hope to be able to stay until at least noon on Sunday.

#3047 8 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Selling for a Friend:
Time warp, good cabinet, nice playfield, nice backglass
game was taken apart for restoration project that got stalled
all pieces are there
don't know condition of boards since game was disassembled
name your price ? money will be donated to good cause
pick up or can ship

photo_3_(resized).JPG

Where is the game located?

1 week later
#3126 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Looking to sell my HUO & Loaded Lord of the Rings LOTR.

Man, that looks nice. GLWS....

#3137 8 years ago

I've often wondered why the color red is always the first color to fade out on Williams machines?

#3142 8 years ago

Man, you guys are making it hard to wait for PAGG before I pick up my next machine.

#3154 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Damn.. that makes 3 TSPP for sale in California

It seems like TSPP and Judge Dredd are coming out of the woodwork right now. I am in the market for a TSPP, but the prices are north of what I want to pay for one.

#3173 8 years ago

Well it didn't take too long to find a TSPP in my price range. Thanks doomid...

#3200 8 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

Always said this would be one of the last to go but Ghostbusters has forced me to put it up. BOP 2.0 by dutch pinball. Took about a year to show up, game is amazing. This is the upgraded kit with color display and upgraded speakers and sub. Works as it ahould problem free. Game itself is full LED includong flashers. Playfield mylar removed befpre i got it, has ballmarks in middle but very uniform. Touchups done around inserts. Cab very nice, no fade and original. Head has some scrapes but nothing significant.
Not sure what to ask...thinking $4800.
I have some gameplay videos i can txt or email. Will ad detailed game pics later today like cabi and pf
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

I got to play this machine last weekend, and it was pretty nice. Buy with confidence.

1 month later
#3598 7 years ago

Ah cr@p, it looks like the craigslist spammer is back. My inbox got filled with notices of bogus pinball ads again today.

#3608 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Mrart2u- see you there at PAGG. Look forward to meeting everyone, most for the first time.
I have a very fun Big Guns I'm bringing up for sale. Great system 11, highly underrated.
Fairly cheap compared to many titles these days. Come play it and see if your Invincible!

Dammit, I'm out of room for any new pins. Just to make sure I'm not tempted, I'm driving a small car to PAGG.

#3647 7 years ago

I'm still looking for a transite for Pinbot. My is faded all to hell.

#3698 7 years ago

That ad looks like it was placed for the Wife's sake. "Gee Honey, I don't know why it's not selling..." Because at that price it will never sell.

1 week later
#3805 7 years ago
Quoted from CaliPinball24:

Make me offers for Indiana Jones

You know, I don't think I would provoke this group with an offer like that.

#3859 7 years ago

I got to play a Centaur at PAGG this year for the first time. That is a great artwork/gameplay package. I'd have to say at least $2k.

1 week later
#3981 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Anyone know of a TZ in good shape for a reasonable price in so cal? I've responded to a few ads but have received no responses.

Check EBay. Some one in SoCal had one listed right now that is HUO.

1 month later
#4237 7 years ago

I'm thinking about putting my HUO TSPP up for trade. Here is what I am thinking...

My game is worth about $4,200. It's in pretty good shape. I bought it from Doomid about 6 months ago.

I'd trade it for:
STTNG, in good condition straight across
FH +$200, in good condition
NGG +$700, in good condition
FT + $1500, unfaded, in good condition

These are just starting points....

2 weeks later
#4280 7 years ago

Well at my place, the Simpsons Party Pinball has gone to a new home, and STTNG is now in the house!

#4303 7 years ago
Quoted from swanng:

Just listed my Twilight Zone for sale with a few extra parts in the Marketplace. First $6,000.00 takes it.
Greg

Man... Once again, one of my grail pins comes up at a decent price, and I am in no position to buy...

Oh well, I guess I will go play STTNG..

2 months later
#4678 7 years ago

Woo Hoo! My space issues are over! Today, I closed on a house that included a 1600 sf shop! Too bad now I don't have any money..

2 months later
#4919 7 years ago

Well happy New Years from the snowy mountains of SoCal! I hope everybody is doing well.
Well 2017 has found me with the classic pinball problem: I finally have a shop with enough room to hold more machines, but I can't afford any more machines. I hope someday California pinball prices come back to reality. In the mean time, I will keep working on my beaters, and I hope that by the end of the year, I have to most expensive SF2 pinball in history.

So here is the new shop for those who are interested!
http://imgur.com/a/UfJQE

#4930 7 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Very nice shop Uncivil! Hope you are having good luck with STTNG!

Star Trek is one of the machines under the sheets. I've had a lot of fun with that one.

#4933 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nice space! Here's the thing, you can always save money for a pin. They're not cheap, but they're attainable with some patience if you don't have the cash right now. You can't do the same thing with space. I've got a garage for my toys, and that's it. It's not getting bigger, I can't save up for a bit and just get more real estate for a few grand.

You have a good point. At least I now have the space. Now If I could just find a rotted out Funhouse....

3 weeks later
#5048 7 years ago

I managed to get over to AYCE GOGI today after a meeting. Shane was there, and was a gracious host. I had a lot of fun playing both BM66 and GB. He also has a brand new Domino's Pizza machine. If you haven't had a chance to go down there, it is a great place to play.

1 week later
#5069 7 years ago

Anyone in SoCal have a Rottendog MPU327 they want to sell? I'd like to put one in my Black Knight.

#5073 7 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

TWD Pro anyone interested?

I thought you had a premium? Or is this not the machine in the restaurant?

3 weeks later
#5157 7 years ago

So I am thinking of trading out my STTNG. It is in pretty good shape, fully LED'd out, and still has the stock display. If I had to put a value on it, I would think about $4,800. What I might be interested in would be NNG +some cash, a Funhouse +some cash, or a Simpsons Pinball Party +some cash (or straigh across for a nice one).

The ironic part is that I traded a very nice Simpsons Pinball Party for this machine. I now regret that decision. I like STTNG, but I have played it enough that it is no longer one of my grail pins like I thought it was.

1 week later
#5162 7 years ago

Ive put the STNNG I have for trade or sale up in the marketplace...

SOLD!
Machine - For Trade
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Up for Sale or Trade: Williams Star Trek: The Next Generation The Good: Playfield in pretty good shape, only some bubbling under the mylar in front of the mission hole. The plas...”
2017-03-11
Bakersfield, CA
Trade
Archived after: 16 days
Viewed: 294 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 week later
#5214 7 years ago

It looks like the next Captian's Auction in SoCal will be interesting. There are lots of pins listed.

#5228 7 years ago

Eric,
Is that your flipper football I see listed at Captains?

About the only deals I see go thought there are on pool tables and jukeboxes. They sell late in the action, and for cheap. I just wish I had a way to move a pool table from the auction house to my shop...

#5249 7 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Not the plan but something has come up and I need to move 1 if not 2 Pins. I thought I would let the locals know first. Nascar 100% working, clean with powder coated apron and habitrails 2500, RBION just torn down and shopped with cliffs and LEDs 3500, Popeye works 100% with great colors 2300, or a RCT that plays great but needs shopped 2700. I can send pics if you are interested. Thanx in advance.

Bummer dude... I can attest, that is a nice Popeye.

#5263 7 years ago

Hey all, I hope one of you California based pinball parts horders can help me out here.... I want to convert my Alien Poker P-roc project from a single ball game to a mulit-ball game. To that end, I needs some parts....

I am looking for a complete ball trough setup from an early williams SS game. Something from out of a Williams system 3-11 that works on 34 volts. I need the entire trough, all the trough switches, both the outhole coil & eject coil, and the shooter lane switch. The ideal donor would come out of a Black Knight or Space Shuttle.

3 weeks later
#5397 7 years ago

My Black Knight is for sale in the market place.... This machine is signed up for PAGG, and you can take delivery there if you like...

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Black Knight Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “For Sale: Black Knight... Ive done a lot of work on this one. Bulletproofed system 6 board with remote battery holder, new interconnect, and the lighting transistors swapped out f...”
2017-04-20
Bakersfield, CA
1,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 30 days
Viewed: 416 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 week later
#5428 6 years ago
Quoted from SpamMusubi310:

Hi Guys,
Anyone going to PAGG this year?
I'm gauging interest for my HUO Star Trek Premium. If there is strong interest and if EricPinBallFan has enough room in his trailer, I might have it up at PAGG.
Check my profile for pictures!
Thanks!
-Mark

I will be at PAGG this year with my BK and my NGG.

There is a for sale thread for PAGG you may want to try posting the machine on to gauge the interest:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-2017-pagg-buyselltrade-thread/page/3

2 months later
#5628 6 years ago

My sister has a nice Surfer, and she has sent it down to me in Tehachapi to clean it up and get it ready to sell. She lives in the South San Fransisco area, and I will be bringing the game back to her in about a month. Is there anyone in the Bay area that might be interested in buying the game? We are thinking of asking $1000.

It has 41k plays on the meter, and is very clean inside. The cabinet has a few dings in it, and I would rate it a 7, and the playfield is pretty clean except for two wear spots. I would give it a 7. The back glass is perfect (a 9), and mechanically it is in pretty good shape (an 8.5). So the machine I would rate at a solid 7 out of 10.

If you are interested, PM me and I will get you some pictures as I shop out the game.

#5652 6 years ago

Confirmed.."Dialed-IN" at Lynbrook Bowling alley in Anaheim is a blast.

Lucky guys... Since our local nickle arcade shut down in Bakersfield, it has become a pinball desert....

1 week later
#5696 6 years ago

I want to raise some funds for a new (to me) machine. So I am thinking of letting my nice NGG go. Any interest? It was the NGG that was at PAGG this year, and yes, I did fix the broken ramp lift.

1 week later
#5724 6 years ago

It's official, I now have my sister's Surfer for sale. It will be in the bay area next weekend.

Machine - For Sale
Surfer Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Up for Sale: A pretty clean Gottlieb Surfer Mechanically, this machine works pretty well. It appears to only have about 40,000 plays on it, and inside is pretty clean. The backg...”
2017-08-13
Brisbane, CA
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 325 times

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/53022

#5729 6 years ago

Second pin trying to get rid of.
Jokerz med project but all there and powers up. Comes with tons of stuff, manual, some new plastics , couple sets of used plastics, extra center lift ramp. New decal and upper deck. Giant box of stuff.
Pm me with phone number for more details. Currently folded up in garage. Will open and get pics by weekend.
Cabinet and playfield players condition. But all in all great system 11 for the price.
$1200 firm, firm.
Thanks.

Having purchased a project pin from Eric before, let me tell, when he says "giant box of stuff", he means a GIANT BOX OF STUFF. He won't let you leave until you have just about everything you need to get the game up and running. Buy with confidence...

2 weeks later
#5799 6 years ago

Selling my Hurricane. Lots of new parts in this one.

Machine - For Sale
Hurricane Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Up for Sale, a pretty nice Hurricane. The Good: New Comet ramp Hurricane ramp is in good shape new topper LEDs in the matrix lights and GI Freshly shopped out fully functional Th...”
2017-08-29
Bakersfield, CA
1,850 (Firm)
Archived after: 40 days
Viewed: 474 times

1 week later
#5868 6 years ago

Does anyone have an empty system 9 cabinet they would be willing to sell? I picked up a termite eaten Sorcerer this weekend, and it needs a new cabinet.

1 week later
#5897 6 years ago

I am going to be letting my Alien Poker go. It plays great.

Cabinet: 6 out of 10, mainly due to planking paint
Playfield: 6.5 out of 10, some minor wear, and planking. It's better than most original playfields I have seen.
Mechanically: 8 out of 10, sometimes the drop targets don't score, but the boards have been built-proofed.
Back Glass: 8 out of 10, some chipping around the displays

Price is $750. Located near Tehachapi, California.

1 month later
#5975 6 years ago

I'm looking for a working Stern cpu/sound board 520-5300-00 for my LOTR. PM me if you have one for sale.

1 month later
#6048 6 years ago

I am still hoping to find a cabinet for my Sorcerer...

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! - “I have a Sorcerer that is in need of a cabinet (the old one had termites in it). So I am looking for a standard sized Williams cabinet from the mid 1980s. This more or less cover...”
2018-01-29
Bakersfield, CA
Wanted
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 340 times

#6068 6 years ago

I had to visit the State Architects office in down town LA today, so I got a chance to stop by Ayce Gogi at lunch time, and check out the new lineup. He as both the new Guardians of the Galaxy and TNA available for play. I only played one game of Guardians, as it feels alot like most of the new stern games. I did almost put $5 into TNA. That thing is fast, and a tough play. I was only able to destroy one reactor in all my games. Given the music and the vibe of the game, it feels like the grandson of Pinbot.

Man I wish I could get down there more often.

#6073 6 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

I saw your mugshot on Dialed In..

I guess putting UncivilEngineer in the name spot was a giveaway.

2 months later
#6404 6 years ago

Well I finished one project... So now its time to finance or find my next one!

SOLD!
Machine - For Trade
Fully restored (full original status) - “Up for sale or Trade, a restored Gottlieb Street Fighter 2. I have been working on this game for about 2 years, and you can see the transformation I performed here: https://pinsi...”
2018-02-28
Bakersfield, CA
Trade
Archived after: 14 days
Viewed: 872 times
Contributed to Pinside

#6421 6 years ago

Anyone interested in a Demolition Man? It works well. Playfield is in decent shape, but the cabinet is kinda rough. I was thinking of asking $2,500 for it.

#6440 6 years ago

DM has hit the marketplace.... I can deliver to Expo, as I will be there Saturday.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Up for Sale Demolition Man The good: Playfield is in good shape recent shop job new playfield glass alternate transite LEDs installed The Bad worn handle grips cabinet is a bit r...”
2018-03-07
Bakersfield, CA
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 520 times
Contributed to Pinside

#6469 6 years ago

So I think I have finally lined up enough funds to go looking for one of my grail machines. So here is my official 'I want it!' ad...

I am looking for a restoration candidate Funhouse.

If you look at my posting history, you will find that I completely re-did a SF2 over the last two years, and I am hoping to do the same with a Funhouse.

So what do I mean by a restoration candidate?

1. The playfield must be complete (including Rudy)
2. Ideally, the game is still assembled. However, I would consider a game in pieces as long as the playfield is still assembled.
3. The cabinet can be faded, scratched, and gouged. I just don't want anything with delaminating plywood, or water damage.
4. The backglass/translite can be faded, or even completely missing.
5. The playfield...This is where things get tricky. I know there are reproduction playfields out there, and they do occasionally come up for sale. That said, I absolutely would love to buy (and am willing to pay more for) a restoration machine that would include an uninstalled reproduction playfield. However, as long a the playfield is restoreable (minor wear marks, no prior touchups) I will consider it. Rudy must be complete.
6. Boards/electronics.. It does not need to work. I can be missing boards, but no missing/hacked wiring harnesses please.
7. Price: Obviously I am not going to pay you the same as you would get for a nice fully functional Funhouse. I am willing to pay $3,000-$3,500 (cash on the glass) for a complete game.
8. I am not interested in shipping a game from out of state. Ive had bad experience with shippers, and am more than willing to travel as far south as San Diego, and as far north as the Bay area.

1 month later
#6606 6 years ago

I have listed my LOTR for trade/sale. I need to raise some cash to pay for some other projects, so I am looking to trade this one down. I am also willing to sell it outright.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “I have a pretty nice LOTR for trade/sale. Overall nice cabinet, only a few minor scratches Playfield shows no wear all the plastics are intact Pinsound board installed and working...”
2018-04-24
Bakersfield, CA
5,300 (OBO)
Archived after: 9 days
Viewed: 650 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 month later
#6877 5 years ago

I picked up a Rowe CD100B jukebox I am looking for some parts for. Does anyone is Socal have a working CDM3 CD player they might be willing to sell? I think the servo is toast in mine. I will be in the LA area on Saturday, and am hoping to come pick one up.

2 weeks later
#6930 5 years ago

I sent a PM regarding the HS plastics.

Quoted from ctl723:

Cleaning house this weekend. I can post pics, but I'd rather you inspect/buy in person. Located in Santa Clara, 95050.
1. Nip It - $800
* Project game. "It was totally working before I took it apart". Tore down the top side to touch up playfield that had some paint loss + planking. Never got around to putting it back together. Parts should all be present (can definitely confirm that all the hard to find bits are like the artwork + balligator mech). I have an extra (good but not great) playfield I picked up at some point that I'll include with the game. Backglass is fantastic and perfect, enough so that I thought about just keeping the glass as art and tossing the game but I'd hate to do that to a "working" game.
2. Xenon Playfield (CPR Gold) - $800
* From the original run. Registration + clearcoat are great. Some slight warping from storage.
3. Medusa Playfield (CPR Gold) - $800
* From the recent (only?) run. Looks great. No issues.
4. Addams Family Playfield - $1000
* This was from IPB. Bought a game that already had a new field installed, so don't need it. Really nice.
5. Centaur Backglass - $200
* Original glass. No flaking, no peeling, all the paint is there, but there is some bubbling visible at certain angles.
6. High Speed Plastics - $150
* Brand new set from CPR, never used. Totally thought I was going to buy a High Speed someday, but never did.
I'm open to reasonable offers on all items.

2 months later
#7122 5 years ago

I am going to mix up my lineup some, so I am selling my Taxi: $2,200.

#7125 5 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

specialk-33 is looking for a Taxi a few posts up

I hit him up, and he passed on my Taxi. He he got a better offer.

#7128 5 years ago

My Taxi is now on the markeplace...
See it here:

Machine - For Sale
Taxi Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “I need to make room in my shop, so I am selling either this Taxi, or my WW. The playfield on this Taxi is above average, as the area around the pop bumpers is not torn up. Howeve...”
2018-08-30
Bakersfield, CA
1,800 (Firm)
Archived after: 29 days
Viewed: 1180 times

1 week later
#7150 5 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyPinball:

Hi Gents,
I am looking for some early SS titles - projects (am based out of Concord - East Bay Area).
Show me what you got / want to get rid of.
Thanks,
WP

I talked to acitti today, and he has some projects machines I know he will be needing to move out soon.

#7151 5 years ago

On a related note, I am wiling to entertain offers on my Taxi I have for sale.

#7159 5 years ago

I need to make some room in my shop, so I decided to sell my Taxi. However, I may also be willing to part with my Whirlwind if there is interest.

Mechanically the machine is in good condition. I picked this up as a project last year, and managed to get it going. It got a ton of play at the Golden State Pinball Festival this last year, and help up well. The playfield is original, but is still in good shape. It does have some broken plastics, particularly around the drop targets, and the slings.

The worst part of the machine is the cabinet. It looks like it sat on someone's porch for a while. The head is delaminating in one spot. I believe the head on this late System 11 is the same as the heads on early WPC machines, so cosmokramer should be able to make a replacement at a reasonable price.

The price would be $2,400 firm for the machine. I will try to get some pictures and and an add up this evening.

#7166 5 years ago

My WW is up in the marketplace.

Machine - For Sale
Whirlwind Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “I need to make some room in my shop, so I decided to sell either my Taxi or my Whirlwind. Mechanically the machine is in good condition. I picked this up as a project last year, a...”
2018-09-12
Bakersfield, CA
2,300 (Firm)
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 795 times

#7167 5 years ago

Ive lowered the price on my Taxi... I could even deliver to SoCal for the right price.

#7183 5 years ago

I’ve pretty much made my last price reduction on Taxi. If no one wants it st this price, I may put it in storage till next spring.

Machine - For Sale
Taxi Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “I need to make room in my shop, so I am selling either this Taxi, or my WW. The playfield on this Taxi is above average, as the area around the pop bumpers is not torn up. Howeve...”
2018-08-30
Bakersfield, CA
1,800 (Firm)
Archived after: 29 days
Viewed: 1180 times

2 months later
#7322 5 years ago
Quoted from swanng:

I have a Gottlieb Haunted House complete project machine that needs a new home. The cabinet is in better shape cosmetic-wise than most, and the playfields have the typical wear. All the boards are included and some ground modifications were made to the CPU and driver boards, and some transistors were replaced on the pop bumper driver boards. The capacitors for the rectified DC in the bottom of the cabinet were replaced. The backglass is in very good shape and is included. I will have some photos available this evening on Photobucket. Local pickup ONLY.
Price is $750.00 firm.
PM with any questions.

Location?

1 month later
#7496 5 years ago

I have a HS I am going to part with. It’s about average condition with the usual Mylar on the playfield. I was waiting for the hardtop to come out, but now I’ve got other priorities. It does have a new red main ramp installed, and the traffic light has been relocated. The cabinet is in above average condition, but the front was drilled for a lock bar. The back glass does have a some wear spots around the displays that someone has tried to repaint. Mechanicaly it’s in good shape. The only issue is the GI has been wired to be permenantly on. SOLD...

#7499 5 years ago

HS is sold. Thanks guys.

3 weeks later
#7604 5 years ago

I’d like to buy a Project Black Hole. I’m only looking to spend around $1500 for a complete machine (the domestic version), or possibly more if a new playfield is included.

2 weeks later
#7652 5 years ago

I’m still looking for a project or player Black Hole...

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “I am looking for either a player condition or project condition Black Hole machine. I am looking for a complete machine, domestic version only.”
2019-02-25
Bakersfield, CA
Wanted
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 62 times

Added over 5 years ago:

I’m going to hold off on this for now. I ended up spending my funds on parts for my other machines...

1 month later
#7777 5 years ago

My Millionaire is now up for sale. Delivery available to the Golden State Pinball Festival.

Machine - For Sale
Millionaire Archived
Used - shows wear, needs some work - “Fully functional Millionaire.. it shows some wear, but from the roulette wheel to the cheesy 80’s music, it all works. Delivery to Golden State Pinball Festival available.”
2019-04-14
Bakersfield, CA
1,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 332 times

1 week later
#7859 4 years ago

I was down there on Friday, and took a look at the selection. The NF didn’t look bad, and the JD was very clean with no fade,but had a credit dot. I was kinda in and out so I didn’t get a chance to took in much detail other than the JD.

2 months later
#8148 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

They are saying 6.6

It was pretty strong in my neck of the woods. I felt the rolling, and realized what it was, and moved outside. All the hanging lamps in my shop swung around pretty good. It lasted a good 20 to 30 seconds.

#8188 4 years ago

I have an old EM Pitch and Bat I am going to sell. It is a 1972 Midway Flash Baseball. Everything on it works but the sound. The old 8 track player doesn't work anymore. Im asking $300 for it. PM for pictures.

#8194 4 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I actually live in Ridgecrest... I am about 3 miles away from China Lake military base and some distance inside is the location of the epicenter. I NEVER want to experience these Quakes that we just went through AGAIN!!!!! This was my first experience with earthquakes.

My boss got a call yesterday from a mining facility up near Ridgecrest, I may be up there tomorrow doing a damage assessment. It will be my first time dealing with the aftermath of a major quake. I know every time there has been an aftershock over 4, I’ve felt it here in Tehachapi. I’m ready for this run of quakes to be over too.

#8202 4 years ago

Well here is the ad for my Midway Flash..

Other - For Sale
“Mostly working 1972 Midway Flash pitch and bat machine. The only part that doesn’t work is the sound. The original 8-track player is present, but doesn’t work. Must be picke...”
2019-08-20
Bakersfield, CA
250 (Firm)
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 266 times

1 month later
#8338 4 years ago

I am selling my Earthshaker to fund yet another restoration project. Come to the beautiful mountains of Tehachapi, and leave with a fun pinball machine.

Machine - For Sale
Earthshaker Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “I’m selling my Earthshaker to fund another project. The machine works 100%. The cabinet has a few serious scrapes in it, and the playfield has one bubble in the Mylar. The boa...”
2019-08-18
Bakersfield, CA
2,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 528 times

1 month later
#8506 4 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Anyone coming out to the Banning show in search of some project games, I’m a mere eighty *easy* SoCal freeway miles away in Pasadena and I’ve got a bunch of them. Mostly EMs and a few early SS. Stacked deep and selling cheap. Space Mission, Aztec, Tri-zone, Sharpshooter, Extra Inning, Turf King, star Pool, Time Zone, they cool old Genco Rifle game. So many I can’t possibly remember them all! Some were working when I bought them. Some weren’t. Nothing you guys can’t handle

While I am always up for a SS project, for this trip, my suburban is already full

#8523 4 years ago

I'm looking to change up my collection, so Victory is now for sale. If you like Gottleib System 80b machines, this one is very clean.

Machine - For Sale
Victory Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Up For Sale: one pretty clean Gottlieb Victory This is one of the cleanest Gottlieb System 80b machine I have ever seen. It even has the original factory card envelope still...”
2019-10-23
Bakersfield, CA
1,600 (OBO)
Viewed: 232 times

4 months later
#8738 4 years ago

I'm going to be putting my Black Hole up on the market place, but I thought I would offer it up to the locals first.

I put this machine together from parts last year. You can see it in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reserecting-a-black-hole

The machine plays fast, and is very reliable with PI-80 board set. I'm asking $2200 for it.

#8742 4 years ago

Ive posted some current pictures of the Black Hole Machine I have for sale.

Now I just wish I had the funds for the JM posted above

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Up for sale is the black hole machine I built from parts. You can see the process I went through here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reserecting-a-black-hole The machin...”
2020-02-24
Bakersfield, CA
Archived after: 38 days
Viewed: 892 times

1 week later
#8761 4 years ago

Looks like someone is liquidating a collections of nice older pins at the next Captains Auction. I'd be interested to see what some of those early Bally SS go for.

#8767 4 years ago

I've dropped the price on my Gottlieb Black Hole..

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Up for sale is the black hole machine I built from parts. You can see the process I went through here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reserecting-a-black-hole The machin...”
2020-02-24
Bakersfield, CA

#8780 4 years ago

I’ve posted my Elektra for sale. I would entertain a trade for most system 11 games.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Elektra Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Up for sale, a Nice looking 1981 Bally Elektra. The machine appears to be all original, and works well. Machine is located in Tehachapi, California. I can transport the machine ...”
2020-03-07
Bakersfield, CA
1,600 (Firm)
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 283 times
Contributed to Pinside

#8782 4 years ago

Ok, Ive listed my Judge Dredd for sale.

I would be willing to entertain a local trade for one or more of the machines I have for sale. At the top my list would be an Aerosmith Pro.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Up for sale: 1993 Bally Judge Dredd Pinball machine. This is a pretty nice original example of this game. The playfield is is good condition with the exception of where someone ...”
2020-03-08
Bakersfield, CA
2,800 (Firm)
Archived after: 25 days
Viewed: 635 times
Contributed to Pinside

#8803 4 years ago

I've lowered the prices on the games I have for sale.

On JD, I am willing to go lower if the deal doesn't include the Color DMD.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Up for sale: 1993 Bally Judge Dredd Pinball machine. This is a pretty nice original example of this game. The playfield is is good condition with the exception of where someone ...”
2020-03-08
Bakersfield, CA
2,800 (Firm)
Contributed to Pinside

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Elektra Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Up for sale, a Nice looking 1981 Bally Elektra. The machine appears to be all original, and works well. Machine is located in Tehachapi, California. I can transport the machine ...”
2020-03-07
Bakersfield, CA
1,600 (Firm)
Viewed: 283 times
Contributed to Pinside

Machine - For Sale
2020-02-24
Bakersfield, CA

1 week later
#8841 4 years ago

I have removed the Color DMD from my Judge Dredd, and lowered the price accordingly.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
2020-03-08
Bakersfield, CA
2,800 (Firm)
Contributed to Pinside

I would entertain a trade for a HS2 for this machine.

3 weeks later
#8955 4 years ago

So I still have my Black Hole machine I listed for sale a while back. I was looking around the shop last night thinking 'man I have a lot of WPC boards I can't test until I get TZ back together'. So I am wondering if anyone would be interested in trading my BH plus a little cash for an early WPC game? I am going to primarily use it for a test bed for board repairs. Projects are ok as long as they boot and play. You will note on my list I left off a lot of the higher end WPC games. I have dont' have the cash to work a trade for any of the more expensive WPC games.

So the game I would be interested in would be the following early WPC games:

WPC Alpha-numeric
Funhouse
Bride of Pinbot
Harley-Davidson

WPC Dot matrix
Giligans Island
Hurricane
Slug Fest
T2
Party Zone

WPC Fliptronic II
Black Rose
Dr. Who
FT
High Speed 2: The Getaway

1 week later
#8966 4 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

Another making room sale:
Metallica pro LED with shaker and snake ramp mod low plays :$4600
Addams family rough cab touched up , new CPR gold playfield :6600
Deadpool Premium low plays with lots of mods $6400
Twilight zone with mods rough playfield with some planking $5800
TNA butter cab low plays :$6300
Whitewater is pending sale
I will make ads for the games and add pictures later. Pinside will receive donations on any games sold.
PM me if interested

Ive seen and played this TNA.... Its niceeeee.

1 month later
#9125 3 years ago

Also if you look at the URL captains uses for their auction catalog, each auction event is numbered. Just edit the URL back a few numbers, and you can browse old auction results.

1 month later
#9255 3 years ago

My DE Batman with a nearly new playfield is now for sale. Im trying to raise funds to finish my TZ. It's located in Tehachapi, in the mountains between Bakersfield and Mojave.

Machine - For Sale
Batman Archived
Partially restored (almost original) - “Up for Sale, a very nice example of a Data East Batman. This machine has a re-printed playfield that was clear coated with automotive clear and installed about a month ago. The ra...”
2020-07-31
Bakersfield, CA
2,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 8 days
Viewed: 584 times

#9259 3 years ago

Great Seller and Friend!
Breaking News Alan.....ColorDMD Just released the New Mini LCD Display for all 5 of the Data East Games!!

A saw that... Its very tempting to pull this one back and install the color DMD, but I need the funds to finish TZ.

2 weeks later
#9278 3 years ago

I am looking to buy an Aerosmith Pro in Southern California.

1 month later
#9375 3 years ago

I’m looking to trade my Rollergames for another system 11 game or Gottlieb 80b gam a. Top of my list would be F-14 or pinbot. Pm me for pictures.

#9398 3 years ago

Ive listed my Rollergames in the marketplace.

Machine - For Trade
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Up for Sale or Trade, a decent Roller Games machine The machine plays and works well. It has some wear on a few of the inserts on the playfield. There is also some wear around t...”
2020-09-30
Bakersfield, CA
Trade
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 332 times

#9422 3 years ago

It looks like at about 12:30 am, the captains servers crashed....the feed is gone.

#9427 3 years ago

I was hoping to pick up a working neo-geo 4 slot, but prices just got stupid on those.

1 week later
#9466 3 years ago

Any interest in a really nice Hurricane?
Colordmd led.
Amazing playfield, all led, a 9. New center ramp.
Cabinet has no fade or washout color, 8.
Manual, rollercoaster mod.
$3300

Erik has put a lot of work into this machine, buy with confidence.

2 weeks later
#9518 3 years ago

I am wondering is anyone would be interested in trading an decent TAF for a Hobbit?
Edit: I’m not thinking straight across, unless the hobbit is routed, but maybe some cash on my end.

1 month later
#9576 3 years ago

More projects are calling to me... So I need to part with my TZ.

Up for Sale: Completely restored Bally Twilight Zone Pinball Machine.

Here is a short summary of what was done during the machine restoration process:
New Cabinet
Interior and exterior primed and automotive grade paint. Exterior was blocked and leveled before final paint was applied. This makes for a very nice surface for the decals to go on.
New Mirco reproduction playfield (both main and power playfield) installed
Reese Rails installed
All mechs cleaned and serviced
Coin door cleaned up and repainted
New legs installed
New lockdown bar and receiver installed
Upgraded speakers installed with bass control and 8” subwoofer
ColorDMD installed
Remote battery pack installed
NOS clock assembly installed
New main ramp installed from Starship Fantasy
New Power ramp installed
New power playfield wireform installed
Main ramp wireforms replated
Apron re-painted
Apron light installed
New trough proximity board installed
New flipper driver board installed
New dmd driver board installed
Power driver board rebuilt and new adjustable 5v regulator installed
LEDs installed all around
Titan rubbers installed all around
Low profile switches installed on power playfield
Pinblades installed
Third magnet installed, and working

The full restoration was documented here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-twilight-zone-restoration-in-the-twight-zone

I would rather not ship this one. Id like the buyer to come see it in person if possible.

I am asking $10.5k for this machine.
I would consider taking the following machines as a partial trade:
The Hobbit
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Tron Legacy Pro
Cirqus Voltaire

Edit: My add is up:

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fully restored (full original status) - “Up for Sale: Completely restored Bally Twilight Zone Pinball Machine. Here is a short summary of what was done during the machine restoration process: New Cabinet Interior and ext...”
2020-11-28
Bakersfield, CA
10,500 (Firm)
Viewed: 395 times
Contributed to Pinside

#9585 3 years ago

TZ is now pending....

2 months later
#9875 3 years ago

I have a really nice undocumented HUO TSPP that has a few tasteful mods (a topper and cabinet under lighting). I was wondering if anyone would be interested in trading their Hobbit for it?

3 weeks later
#9928 3 years ago

So I am looking to expand my collection by one next week.
I am looking for one of the following:
Williams System 9 (Sorcerer or Space Shuttle)
Gottlieb System 80, 80a, or 80b (Victory?, Caveman?)
Bally 6803 machine (I haven't had a chance to mess with one of these yet)

Project machines are Ok. Let me know if you are wanting to move something out.

4 months later
#10245 2 years ago

I’m putting feelers out to see if anyone is interested in my HUO Dialed In. It’s the standard, but it has pin blades. It only has about 550 plays on it. I’m looking to get $7000 for it.

I also have a Diner I may be willing to let go for $3500.

Sorry no trades.

Added over 3 years ago:

Machines are sold.

1 month later
#10336 2 years ago

Pm sent on Excalibur...

#10380 2 years ago

So does anyone have a Tommy they would be willing to sell? Projects are ok.

#10388 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Any 24s lingering around out there never getting turned on? I could use some Jack Bauer in my life, had one of my most fun times playing one with my crew at the last GSPF.

There is one for sale on Facebook in Eastvale.

#10452 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

I already have a Tommy project, and at the end of the day, I don't think LW3 would last long in my lineup.

If you want to move out that Tommy project, I would be interested in it.

1 week later
#10550 2 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

CA prices are higher, especially in Banning...

I get the Banning reference... That said, I have found that prices in California are higher the closer you are to the Bay Area or Los Angeles area. You can find deals, but you have to be willing to drive a way to the out of the way places in the desert, or central valley.

2 weeks later
#10630 2 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Is there a NorCal seller of playfield glass? My cousin in Elk Grove needs a new sheet of standard size glass.
Or if someone in the area has a spare sheet from an upgrade, she would probably buy that too.
Thanks

My local glass shop has to order tempered glass, but they can get it in under a week. When you order glass, make sure you specify that you don't want any marking on it. otherwise you end up with a stamp in the corner.

#10665 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Oh man, only 35 plays and you’re out?

It seems that a lot of people are bailing Halloween/ultraman. Was that game a lot more hype than substance?

#10670 2 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

Someone ran the numbers in another thread and per those figures, there are less people bailing on HWN and UM than with the average new game. Haven't run any numbers myself but his figures looked reasonable.

I’ve never seen reservations being sold at a discount before, so I assumed something odd was going on. It does make sense that a certain number of reservations would be withdrawn prior to delivery.

2 months later
#10885 2 years ago

My wife wants to re-tile the house... So to free up some funds, Ive decided to put my restored The Addams Family up for sale.

Machine - For Sale
Fully restored (full original status) - “Up for Sale: Restored Addams Family Pinball Machine This is the real deal folks, not just some machine someone threw a new playfield into and then slapped some new decals on the c...”
2022-01-17
Bakersfield, CA
Viewed: 594 times

1 month later
#10977 2 years ago

Hey all,
I'm starting a new Firepower restoration project, and the transformer cage is missing from my machine. Does anyone have an extra in a parts pile somewhere they would be willing to sell me? I think this was used in just about every williams system 3 to 6 machine that has the transformer in the head.

1 week later
#11008 2 years ago

Anyone looking for a video game, I’m selling a Neo Geo 4 slot.
$1100. It’s on Craigslist and Facebook.

1 month later
#11048 2 years ago

I’m hoping to find a few boards to get my Caveman up and running. Among them are:
A Gottlieb System 80 speech and sound board
A Gottlieb system 80 power supply board

I will be at the GSPF if you have any you would be willing to sell.

1 month later
#11225 1 year ago

I have a working cd100c cd jukebox that didn’t make the cut for the new house. So I’m selling it for $500. It all works (including the DBA), but the cabinet has a few dings. PM me for pictures.

2 weeks later
#11245 1 year ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I have a working cd100c cd jukebox that didn’t make the cut for the new house. So I’m selling it for $500. It all works (including the DBA), but the cabinet has a few dings. PM me for pictures.

Price dropped to $400.

#11255 1 year ago

Ok, folks, I am going to be downsizing my collection, and I have the following machines up for sale:

Mars: God of War. Good overall condition, ground mod done, and it works well. Leds installed and a recent shop job. The back glass has been mod'ed so it swings out with the back door. Overall a very nice classic Gottlieb system 80. $2200

Caveman: Yes this is the hybrid video game/pinball machine that Gottlieb did. They don't come up for sale often. This one is is in pretty good shape. I did the ground mod, and installed a remote battery pack. It has LEDs installed, and is freshly shopped. The monitor is original and nice and bright. One the down side, the back glass and marquee have some flaking paint, and there is no light in the back glass, as I don't have any 28v lamps to put in there. The back door could use some work as well. I'm asking $2000 for this one.

Sorcerer: This is machine works well, but has some ascetic issues, especially the cabinet. The playfield has a lot of the unusual wear around the inserts. The back glass is very nice, and the boards are not hacked. I'm asking $2400 for this one.

Xenon: This machine is currently in storage in my garage and not setup. It was working a couple of weeks ago when it was setup at my old house. It has the ususual problem with the old flaky light sockets, but otherwise works well. Im asking $2000 for this one.

All the machines are located in Bakersfield with an easy first floor load out. I am willing to deal if you buy multiple machines. I also would be interested in a trade for a modern Stern Machine (JP, GOTG, Mando, or Godzilla).

Edit 2: machines are still available

#11294 1 year ago

Im in the middle of downsizing our house, and the new place doesn't have a shop. So I have made the strategic decision to go to 4 machines. I am hoping someday I can get a place big enough again to expand back to 7 or 8 games, but that may be years into the future.

8 months later
#11796 1 year ago
Quoted from acitti:

I have a complete head with boards and backglass for Xenon, hit me up if interested or if you decide to sell the lower cab.

I was wondering if you still had that head. This would be a nice restoration project for someone.

2 months later
#12002 11 months ago

I’m offering to trade or sell my BK2K, you can see it in the Golden State Pinball for sale thread. There are pictures there. I’m asking $3500 or trade for another system 11.
You can see the post here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-state-pinball-festival-buy-sell-trade-thread#post-7564583

5 months later
#12280 6 months ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Seeking soldering assistance...not pinball-related, but I can't think of a more appropriate group of people to contact. :]
Short story:
I have 2 small populated PCBs that are effectively identical.
I want to transfer 3ish components from board A to board B.
Board B would need its 3 components removed first, to make room for the replacements from board A.
Components are chips, tiny chips w/ many teeny tiny legs.
Looking for somebody experienced in this area, not somebody looking to learn & see if you can figure it out.
Please message me if you're near Irvine & you scoff at the triviality of SMC soldering.
Thanks!

Surface mount or through-hole? It makes a difference as some of use are not setup for surface mount work.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uncivil_engineer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=uncivil_engineer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.