(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,710 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 461 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 9 years ago

I will be posting my heavily modded XM Pro for sale as soon as I get a chance. I am looking to trade for or buy LOTR after selling my XM. I may just wait to see about a LOTRVE but would move on a used LOTR for the right deal. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

Quoted from vtec16:

Anyone have a local Avengers LE for a reasonable price? There is one for sale locally on pinside (had been for a while). Now that I'm interested of course it's sold (picking up Saturday). I know there are some available around country, one in Washington state, but shipping to Bay Area is about 500 (yikes)! If so please shoot me a PM, thanks.

Didn't know you were looking I'll keep an eye out for ya bro.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

I have not played a pro, how would compare it to the LE's?

Well we all know preference varies greatly from person to person. Areas where I think LE is cool is the lighting and spinner. Other features of LE annoy me like the iceman bridge huge pop ups and poorly aligned Wolverine figure. I'd say pro playes faster and overall (just my opinion) plays a bit better. Please all LE owners I'm not trying to start anything or frustrate anyone it's just my opinion.

1 week later
#290 9 years ago

Hahaa I knew you'd get a shot in Rob. Still one of my favorites for sure I'm just depressingly low on pins now. I'm waiting on a few but I need to change it up a bit. Since my collection is pretty small I need to cycle games more then Id like. I know first world problems right.

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Really nice xmen pro.. Bummer I am out of funds it would look nice next to my other marvel pins.

Thanks, much appreciated. If funds free up let me know. It really is a great looking & playing example I've put a ton of $ & work on it.

#296 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There, fixed it for you dude.

Thanks, guess you never know best to use non gender specific wording in posts.

#310 9 years ago

Not many Congo's out there and some really love it. If your looking for one and can find it at $2500 (good condition) in CA I'd say jump on it. I sold mine which was in great condition about 2 years ago. It sold within a week or so after listing it right around $2500 if my memory serves me right. I really enjoy Congo it's one of the pins I miss the most after letting it go. Not a very deep pin but has a great layout with some very cool features.

2 weeks later
#426 9 years ago

Still got HUO heavily modded X-Men Pro for sale dipped price to $4100. If you have any trade offers or questions just shoot me a PM. Check thread linked below for pics.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-pro-huo-fs

#430 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

That Xmen is a beaut, dude. I'd jump on it if I hadn't already owned one. I showed the ad to a guy in my league who loves Xmen, but he said he's saving for a house. I tried.

Thanks for helping out much appreciated! Seems like more and more people are looking to buy homes in our area, the market appears to be warming up a bit. If anyone mentions they are looking to buy or trade please let me know.

#454 9 years ago

Sure thing. By the way, I didn't know you lived out here until I saw your CL ad. Have you thought about joining the league?

I've played a year or two at East Bay Pinball League met some good friends but stopped going once my kids hit the scene.

Quoted from practicalsteve:

I met The Dude Abides by chance once out on location playing Star Trek and was super thrown off when he actually didn't look like the dude from TBL. Then again, I was also thrown off that you didnt look like Andre the Giant when I met you as well

That was a fun night getting to play ST for the first time while having a few good drafts.

3 weeks later
#587 9 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Sorry CactusJack,
I guess I should have clarified "butter..." (better?)
All the games at Arcade Expo I have used/swapped the pal nuts for the rubber caps have been wedgies so far.
Still- I don't see a problem with using them on 70's Gottlieb's or Premier games either. They hold tight enough for regular play and CAN give way IF the ball does indeed strike the plastic at full force; thus saving the plastic from damage.
(How often are you going to find new replacement Rock plastics anyway?)
I'd rather lose the rubber cap than crack a plastic.
The whole noise thing was just meant for EM games that have huge sets of target banks resetting at once.
Mostly I was just giving jww $#!t (jokingly) for passing on a game simply because it had post rubbers instead of the speed nuts...
Sorry if I made you have to type a reply like: "Hatin' on speed nuts?!? Not on MY watch!!!".
I do think the pal nuts of "today" are crappy though, especially if you have to go through three or four of them to find one that finally fits properly.

That's a lot of talk about nuts my friend. Sorry I couldn't resist.

1 week later
#676 9 years ago

Have a POTC in Bay Area I'm enjoying it right now but would be up for a trade (+- cash) for LOTR, MET pro, IM, possibly AC/DC premium. Maybe more pm me with what you got if interested.

1 week later
#748 9 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Did you sell both your FT and POTC? I told a buddy of mine who lives in Pacifica about them but both CL ads are deleted by author.

Ive decided to trade or sell my POTC in case your buddy is still looking for one. Below is link to thread with pics.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-potc-northern-ca

1 week later
#802 9 years ago

Hey guys just wanted to give anyone looking for a POTC in the Bay Area a last chance at it. I have a trade lined up but would prefer to sell it. It will be gone by Saturday night so if you want it let a dude know.

EDIT: This one is gone.

1 week later
#885 9 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Anyone interested in a modded xmen pro?

It's the nicest XM pro I've ever seen. Perhaps I'm biased

3 months later
#1387 8 years ago

Let's please try not to get to carried away and stay on topic. This is a pretty useful thread for Cali pinheads looking for pins. Let's try and keep it that way. When you see numerous new posts then look and find that most are OT posts it loses some of its usefulness. Sorry guys, I'm not trying to be a kill joy just trying to keep this one on topic. A seperate So Cal rock out thread seems like it would be a pretty good idea.

#1389 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

The Dude Buzz Killz!
See you at PAGG Pete?

Caught red handed. You bet my friend!

#1396 8 years ago

If you start a thread on an item for sale it needs to go through the market place. You can mention it in a area FS thread like this without needing to do so. One gets wide visibility the other does not. Lets just try and keep this thread OT as much as we can please.

2 weeks later
#1505 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Looking Hard for a Judge Dredd.
hard.gif

Looks like that former guy in the picture looked too hard. Use caution

3 weeks later
#1611 8 years ago

Just an FYI for those in the Bay Area. I checked out that LOTR listed on CL for $5400. There was rust on the backbox plate boards had been changed. Rust on screws/guides on top of playfield and on many components below the playfield. None of this was mentioned when I inquired about machines condition. Just wanted to save others the drive.

#1615 8 years ago

Well I'm looking to add a pin cash in hand. So I emailed the seller of the SS in Brentwood/Oakley on CL. I asked for pictures (none in ad) and if his price was firm. I included my contact info. He responds that he only is dealing with serious buyers/inquiries. So I guess if any of you deal with this person be aware that asking for pictures and if price is firm or negotiable you are not serious in his/her book. If this is a Pinsider I don't want to offend but have no idea why you'd be so off putting to someone that is showing intrest in buying your pin.

#1619 8 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

He's been "selling" that pin for over a year.
I am debating whether to buy an SM for $5200. Should I wait for supposed VE? Plus I have no room. May have to sell Whitewater or IJ. Uggghh!

I'd probably wait a month and see what the VE looks & sounds like. However if they didn't announce it in a month or two I'd move on and get a SM. As I'm not a big fan of waiting on pins that might be made for long periods of time.

#1623 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorf:

I've seen this game in person and its very nice!. Take the drive out. You wont be disappointed.

Quoted from shovelhed:

The seller has a very busy schedule but is very legit. It is worth the trip Pete.
Harley D.

Thanks for the info guys much appreciated! However, since he didn't provide any contact info or address it's not a possibility at this point. Frustrating because I was serious about the possibility of adding it to the line up. I'm not one to waste my time or anyone else's. Just surprised by his off putting response I guess.

1 week later
#1647 8 years ago

Keeping an eye out for a Swords of Fury in Bay Area. If you know of or have one FS please let me know.

1 month later
#1885 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I am looking to replace it so my pinball fund doesn't disappear.

That is a wise move that should not be overlooked! I sold some pins and and I thought many on the way but somehow once $ was around a while it was no longer for pins. I now have a pitiful collection by any standards. I should of known better.

#1901 8 years ago
Quoted from Xscrapiron:

I might be on the fence as well with my LOTR.

How much would you be looking to get or would you just want a trade?

2 weeks later
#2027 8 years ago

Looking to sell or trade my heavily modded AFM for a popular Stern title or a MB. It's a nice looking and playing machine PM me if you want to try and work out a deal and I'll provide in depth description of machine with pictures. In most cases unless it is an LE I will be asking for trade plus cash on it. Pins I'd be interested in are LOTR LE, ST LE, MET, TRON, AC/DC. Would consider others as well.

1 week later
#2067 8 years ago

Hey all I finally got around to putting my AFM on Pinside market. Asking $7300 or possible trade feel free to PM me with any questions.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-attack-from-mars-fsft-nicely-modded

#2082 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

yea, i go to bed at 9:30pm. is that freakishly early too?

Yes it is!! I've worked at a place that that I needed to be at work around 4:30 in the morning. I know how it is. I must say it was nice to get out earlier than most but it did cut down on my sleep time that's for sure.

#2163 8 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Good games at good prices, make everyone fell good. Just a thought. No judgement on anyone, but harassment sucks and is wrong. I hope both parties can resolve this issue where both can be happy. Life alone can be stressful. Pinball is supposed to be fun, and what easies our stress. Best of luck to both of you. Now let's see some games at great prices or please start a new thread for this. Thank you in advance.

Well said. Let's try to keep this thread on topic and drama free please.

2 months later
#2525 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Have an Xmen pro to sell now also...

What's its condition like & how much you looking to get for it?

1 month later
#2713 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Well after a long two year local Craiglist search, I'm finally beat down & broken. I think it's time to officially reach out to my NorCal neighbors to help me find my unobtainium machine....
Anybody in NorCal have a nice condition Flash Gordon for sale?
I know most FG owners are unwilling to part with (quite possibly) the sickest ass-kicking pin of the early 80s, but damn I'd really love to find one. I love the movie. I love the art package. And I love the fact this pin kicks your ass with brutal gameplay.
So PM me if you have some info Emperor Ming Awaits!

Here's one not mine just one I saw the other day.
sfbay.craigslist.org link

#2715 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh dude...

th_(resized).jpg

You gotta admit there were a lot of ins and outs in his post...

#2717 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

No not Family Guy....I meant Flash Gordon!
That's a bummer man...that's a bummer

Sorry man, my bad. If I see a Flash Gordon out here I'll give you a holler.

4 weeks later
#3010 8 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

F, I can't hold urges....
PM sent

I'm hoping I was first in line as I spoke with him soon after his post saying I'm interested awaiting pics for possible pick up this weekend.

#3020 8 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

LOL Nobody, except Iamnan knows whos first
I sent my PM before my 2nd post, kinda stating I was "in line" not sure why this kinda stuff comes up on pinside - I guess its funny

No big deal man people want a pin no shocker there. I think everyone was joking around. Always up to seller who & when to sell regardless of who was first. The real trick is to pick someone you think is really serious and not just wasting your time. I never lose any sleep over spilt milk

1 week later
#3091 8 years ago

Looking for a nice X-Men Pro please PM if you have one for sale or know of anyone that has one for sale.

#3097 8 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

Sounds like sellers remorse. Don't worry, I know that feeling ALL TOO WELL. I'm sure you'll get 'er back. I've actively searched for 2 machines after selling and I'd like to think of them as permanent residents after getting them back

Nail hit on the head right there. Especially the one I modded out & sold. Lots of work went into it.

#3136 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Looking for a nice X-Men Pro please PM if you have one for sale or know of anyone that has one for sale.

I'd also likely go for an XM LE (prefer Magneto but open to both). Looking to add a pin now so if anyone has any leads please hook a Dude up.

***Edit - Added to the collection thanks to Delta9 much appreciated man! Big thank you to shovelhed as well!

2 months later
#3568 7 years ago

Okay enough with the negative back n forth exchanges from here on out. If you must continue do it via PM as no one wants to read that stuff when trying to see what's for sale.

#3584 7 years ago

To each their own. I'm partial to Demo Man. Great layout, ramps, flow, trigger handles, etc. *Fastest wide body I've ever played. The left side is not useless. The left side has 2 bash targets, which are both tight shots. I enjoy shooting them.
Dredd has better art, for sure. Demo Man art is uninspired, but Demo Man does have lots of UV reactive (aka black light) paint, which looks awesome when lit up.
*I have yet to play Full Throttle.

Well hope you get some playtime on Full Throttle at PAGG. It has the best layout and flow of any widebody IMO. Theme is not for me but the layout is awesome.

3 weeks later
#3741 7 years ago

Hey all, I have a pristine HUO KISS Premium with lots of mods that I'm looking to sell. Asking $6200, if you're interested shoot me a PM.

2 weeks later
#3987 7 years ago

Putting my nicely modded HUO KISS Premium back on the market. Asking $6100. Will try to get a market ad up with pictures soon. If you have any questions or interest just PM me for further details.

#3996 7 years ago

Link to my KISS Premium FS ad for detailed description & pics. If you know of anyone looking for one please send them my way.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-kiss-premiumle-stern-2015-2021#post-3200470

1 week later
#4104 7 years ago

Reduced price of my nicely modded KISS Premium to $5900. I have a lot more $ into it then that pretty good deal for anyone looking to pick up a KISS.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-kiss-premiumle-stern-2015-2021

#4131 7 years ago

Lowered price on my nicely modded HUO KISS premium to $5700. That's as low as I can go on this one. This one may be shipped out of town soon but prefer local so if you know of anyone local looking please send em my way quickly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-kiss-premiumle-stern-2015-2021

#4133 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You should be able to sell it for that price. Very fair. I had to go down to $5800.00 on my GOT Premium to get it sold. So I think that's about the going rate for these pins.
GLWS

I'm likely gonna just ship it out. I'd like to keep it a local sale but that's kinda my bottom dollar price on it. Its in the price range to attract buyers out of town which helps. I agree with your assessment of the price point. I have time but I just rather get on with the sale which is why I just decided to drop it to what I thought was very fair for a buyer.

#4138 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep, at the price that I sold my GOT Premium, it was shipped too. In fact, it was shipped up your way!

Nice, the more pins in the Bay Area the better! How did you like the GOT Premium before it left?

2 months later
#4464 7 years ago

I generally try and let these discussions play out without my involvement. I am compelled to add my 2 (maybe three) cents here. If you all saw the other side of the coin & how difficult it is to run and continue to develope a site like this you may have a bit more understanding for the changes that were made to keep the site you frequent running. If the site helps you sell a machine to a member you can trust then what is the issue with the site getting a very small cut? I mean there are no ads running on the site, donations are voluntary, and there are mods that donate a ton of their time to help out but some are really trying to get around paying a small % of a sale that Pinside helped facilitate?

You can no longer sell pins on Pinside over the $3K mark without going through the market place and paying a small % (if it sells) to help the site keep moving forward. Sure there are ways to figure out how to be cheap and not contribute on a sale the site helped with but the staff is trying hard to get the new marketplace up and running. One in which buyers can review sellers so the community has a place to come and sell/buy with trusted parties. I know some will not agree with the change but please try to remain respectful to those that help keep the site running for your enjoyment.

3 years later
#8489 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Which distributor has the best price for a Mbr SE delivered to Cali?

I got a very good deal on an LE from Joe over at PinballSTAR. Goes by PinballSTAR on Pinside.

2 months later
#8629 4 years ago
Quoted from frogman70:

Anyone looking to sell a Star Trek Pro in NorCal? Only interested in a pro, thanks

A friend of mine is looking to sell an awesome looking Refinery Star Trek Pro with custom painted armor and many more mods. Not even sure what he’s looking to get but would be more then a stock one. If you may be interested let me know I’ll try to get more info for yah.

7 months later
#9254 3 years ago

I just listed my MBr LE for sale. Hoping to sell locally but open to shipping as well. If you have interest or questions pm me.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “As close to NIB as you can get single owner HUO pin. A stunning machine with just under 200 plays in pristine condition. Shooter lane has small vinyl strip applied to it for prot...”
2020-07-31
Northern California, CA
8,450 (OBO)
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 392 times
Contributed to Pinside

2 months later
#9439 3 years ago
Quoted from Daveeb2000:

I have a nice Pinball Refinery Dead pool pro. Check it out

Machine - For Sale

Deadpool (Pro)

New!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “For sale- Custom Pinball Refinery Dead pool pro. Game is in perfect condition no issues not even a scratch.

Custom Pinball Refinery extras…
Red plastic apron
Powder coated Hing...”

59 minutes ago

Brentwood, CA

Daveeb2000

That’s a sweet looking pin right there!

5 months later
#9929 3 years ago

Hey all my final pin is up for sale. It’s a Wolverine edition. This one was hard to decide to sell but it’s time. Hoping to keep it local. It is a phenomenal example. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Machine - For Sale
X-Men (LE) Archived
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “This is truly a one of a kind XM LE. Carefully modded for optimal play, lighting, and overall look. Color DMD with awesome limited edition Wolverine and Magneto figures. These f...”
2021-06-22
Northern California, CA
6,000 (Firm)
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 2262 times

#9931 3 years ago

Haha, hi Rob hope all is well with you! I’ve been helping out when I can but not active on the forum. Life got a little hectic & I just never returned to posting.

Getting out of the hobby because my pins were not being played by the kids or myself. Seeing how excited some were to be getting the pins I sold made it clear it was the right call. I’ll still be at future pin expos for sure I miss those!

#9933 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I understand. I took a fairly long break myself. Things change, priorities change, etc. Not to mention the price of new pins is crazy.
Best of luck dude!

Thanks Rob best of luck to you as well!!

1 month later
#10039 2 years ago

Hey all things were hectic for a bit but now all is in order. Pin still for sale and ready to move. I will do a better job of hoping on & checking PMs. Really prefer this go locally. I’ve had opportunity to ship it but want to avoid that if possible.

Machine - For Sale
X-Men (LE) Archived
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “This is truly a one of a kind XM LE. Carefully modded for optimal play, lighting, and overall look. Color DMD with awesome limited edition Wolverine and Magneto figures. These f...”
2021-06-22
Northern California, CA
6,000 (Firm)

1 month later
#10143 2 years ago

My sale fell through on this so back on the market. Really hoping to keep this local. If you know of anyone interested please send them my way. Thanks!!

Machine - For Sale
X-Men (LE) Archived
2021-06-22
Northern California, CA
6,000 (Firm)

3 weeks later
#10173 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

My sale fell through on this so back on the market. Really hoping to keep this local. If you know of anyone interested please send them my way. Thanks!!

Archived after 11 days

Sold off Pinside

Machine - For Sale

X-Men (LE)

Archived

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “This is truly a one of a kind XM LE. Carefully modded for optimal play, lighting, and overall look. Color DMD with awesome limited edition Wolverine and Magneto figures. These f...”

6,000 (Firm)

Extended Re-list ($)
Change listing result

Pin sold locally via craigslist for $5,800. Glad we kept it in Cali!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.