(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,626 posts
  • 504 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by jfesler
  • Topic is favorited by 316 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,496 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swanng.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2882 3 years ago

PM sent.

#2906 3 years ago

Agreed. I think the most I ever paid was for Medieval Madness (or maybe it was Tales of the Arabian Nights): if I recall, they were both $2200.00. The ToTAN was a private sale from a collector in Salinas, and I got the MM from Betson off route. Purchased both around 2005-2006.

I don't think we'll ever see prices like that again.

Greg

#2911 3 years ago

@NorCalRealtor-

At the time, the prices DID seem high, although after physically inspecting the machines in person, I reckoned it wouldn't cost me much in parts (I don't count time spent on machines as money-that's why it's a HOBBY to me) to restore them to 100% operation, so I went ahead and purchased therm. I've been in the hobby since 1976, so one could say that I've been exposed to market fluctuations before, but not nearly as bad as it is now-strictly focusing on pinball.
The one thing I can honestly say has improved in recent times is parts availability. There for awhile after Williams closed up shop, a lot of us were sweating bullets trying to find one-off machine specific parts, and paying huge markups if we could even find them. So thanks to all of the renewed interest in pinball (and the money to be had) parts are now more available than I can ever recall before.
To be blunt, I suck at playing the game. My interest has always been more focused on the repair and restoration-that's where I get my satisfaction from. Used games off route used to be cheap to find, maybe not so cheap to repair, but I'm pretty sure the time to find cheap solid state machines just for the fun of repairing them is long gone.

Time will tell.

Greg

2 weeks later
#3069 3 years ago

I'm gonna have to watch Detroit Rock City tonight to see if that dude was in the movie.

#3086 3 years ago

That Champion Pub looks great. I've always wanted one, and I should have gotten one years ago. Now, they're out of my financial reach.

Greg

1 week later
#3206 3 years ago

That's a nice ST, but I'm gonna make room for Ghostbusters Premium.

1 week later
#3240 3 years ago

@ Reality_Studio

Did you pick up that Tempest in Orange County also?

#3243 3 years ago

I have my ways of knowing. Can't divulge those secrets, though. I'll be visiting my folks in Thousand Oaks this weekend to fix their plasma TV and celebrate Easter. We've lived there since 1964. Growing up there during the 60's, 70's, and 80's was awesome.

3 months later
#4072 3 years ago

Yes, your search for a reasonably priced game is feasible and not unreasonable, but may be unlikely based upon the resurgence in pinball popularity and greed. There are a few machines listed here on Pinside that are fairly priced and may fit into your budget. I would suggest also searching for a reasonably priced machine on the Mr. Pinball Classifieds website for your specific (and surrounding) geographical area.

There are always good deals to be found; patience and perseverance are key factors. Not to mention where to look, and the greater your pinball knowledge, the better your result(s) will be!

Greg

1 month later
#4294 3 years ago

Just listed my Twilight Zone for sale with a few extra parts in the Marketplace. First $6,000.00 takes it all. Photobucket URL is:

http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/swanng/library/Twilight%20Zone

Greg

DSC00001_(resized).JPG

DSC00002_(resized).JPG

DSC00005_(resized).JPG

DSC00004_(resized).JPG

DSC00006_(resized).JPG

DSC00007_(resized).JPG

DSC00009_(resized).JPG

DSC00008_(resized).JPG

DSC00010_(resized).JPG

DSC00011_(resized).JPG

DSC00012_(resized).JPG

DSC00003_(resized).JPG

#4301 3 years ago

I received some requests to add some additional photos of the Twilight Zone playfield I have listed for sale in the marketplace, so I have created a new Photobucket Album for them at:

http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/swanng/library/Twilight%20Zone%20Playfield

Enjoy!

Greg

#4307 3 years ago

Dropped price of the TZ I have in the Marketplace to be in line with my Craigslist ad.

#4308 3 years ago

Just for fun, I'm going to occasionally drop the price of my Twilight Zone (without the extras) to $4400.00. That's a full $1,000.00 off my asking price (with extras). This will only happen at random, and only for 15 minutes or so, and not every day. Only when I feel like it.

This will make things a bit more interesting, at least for me.

#4310 3 years ago

Glad you like it. When I thought of it, it cracked me up too. When the Marketplace ad is set to $4400.00 that's when the machine will be available at THAT price. No other time. And I'm not stopping there. There will be various other price points set between the maximum $5400 and the minimum $4400, most below 5K, until the machine has been sold. I'm also not in a big hurry, so I can afford to wait and have some fun doing so.

Price of $5400 on Craigslist will remain with no changes.

#4316 3 years ago

Getting ready to retire myself. OUTSIDE California, of course.

#4319 3 years ago

Twilight Zone is gone to a new home. Game over.

1 year later
#6752 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I for one will never buy ANY used, 20+ year old pins for twice what it cost brand new, regardless of its condition... And if this means I will never acquire the last 4 games on my wishlist, so be it!! I wont be on the list of chumps who help drive up pin prices to the retarded level they are these days!
No offense or anything dude, just why you wont hear from me on this one. But good luck selling, there are still plenty of chumps around here with way more dollars than sense!!

As far as chumps with more dollars than sense, that's true of any hobby. It really didn't start infecting the pinball hobby until about 12 years ago, though. Fortunately for me, and a lot of other "old" guys/gals that have been in the hobby for decades, we got the majority of our machines (and parts) rather inexpensively.

6 months later
#7321 1 year ago

I have a Gottlieb Haunted House complete project machine that needs a new home. The cabinet is in better shape cosmetic-wise than most, and the playfields have the typical wear. All the boards are included and some ground modifications were made to the CPU and driver boards, and some transistors were replaced on the pop bumper driver boards. The capacitors for the rectified DC in the bottom of the cabinet were replaced. The backglass is in very good shape and is included. I will have some photos available this evening on Photobucket. Local pickup ONLY.

Price is $750.00 firm.

PM with any questions.

Location is in Shandon, California, 18 miles east of Paso Robles off of Highway 46. Guess I should make my location visible instead of private, eh?

1 week later
#7362 1 year ago

Hmmmmmm..........................
Wonder what I could get for my W?D with an extra NOS playfield, two extra NOS slot machines, and NOS plastics set.............................

7 months later
#8290 4 months ago

I knew the machines I invested in 20 years ago would triple or quadruple in price someday.

2 months later
#8529 48 days ago

Too bad that MGoW isn't the black cabinet version................................

#8537 44 days ago

I'm considering parting with a project Williams Space Shuttle. Everything is in good shape as is, aside from wear on the playfield.
The machine is complete and all original, with the following spares ready for installation/restoration:

CPR Space Shuttle playfield and new backglass
NOS CPU
NOS repro ramps
New LED displays

And I'm sure many more NOS or new parts I can't remember right now, but will include.
I don't have any photos of the machine or parts at present, but can take some for any interested parties, I suppose.
I was planning to restore this, but have lost interest for various reasons.

PM if interested. Local folks are welcome to stop by and take a look. Just send me a PM and we'll arrange a day and time.
Pick up in Shandon California ONLY. Shipping is NOT an option. Price is negotiable, but all parts go with the machine.
No lowball offers considered.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swanng.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside