(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,894 posts
  • 607 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Golferron54
  • Topic is favorited by 405 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider practicalsteve.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 7 years ago

God, that solar city is gorgeous!

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Are you going to 2.0 it?

Knowing MOF, probably not. Not a single DMD in his whole house.

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I grabbed the Paragon in Santa Rosa a couple days ago. Seller says it's HUO. I don't know about that, but it's pretty darn nice. Playfield is near mint with original mylar. Pictures coming soon.

Is it the guy thats always listing a dozen or so pins?

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from Scsurfer:

Anyone have a Simpson de that they want to get rid of?

What you don't want the 1600$ one constantly listed on craigslist with the non working pop bumper?

#259 7 years ago

Not a bad Gorgar, but ouch! Big money.

Yeah, you would need a strong emotional connection with that title to pay that much.

1 week later
#396 7 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

What should I ask for a Sorcerer?
Good condition
Shopped with LEDS?
Unshopped - incandescent bulbs?

Just shop it, I don't think LEDS have ever been a deciding factor in anyone buying a pin.

1 week later
#434 7 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I paid $300 more than I did for mine, and that's a deal in my book.

Well look whos back! Nice to see you posting again Kwiki.

#435 7 years ago

Sure thing. By the way, I didn't know you lived out here until I saw your CL ad. Have you thought about joining the league?

I met The Dude Abides by chance once out on location playing Star Trek and was super thrown off when he actually didn't look like the dude from TBL. Then again, I was also thrown off that you didnt look like Andre the Giant when I met you as well

1 month later
#641 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The price police are going to be out in full force if it is a nice one.

Do you think thats too much or not enough for a fireball? I honestly have no idea where I would value it at, thats why I ask.

#653 7 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

I am giving away TWD Zombie Shooter Rod at Arcade Expo to the first pinsider who introduces him or herself to me. I'll be there on Friday wearing my name badge. Looking forward to the show and meeting all my fellow pinsiders.

DSCN4213.JPG 98 KB

DSCN4214.JPG 135 KB

Nice! I like seeing the name badge I made put to good use! I'm going to find you and meet you, but since I have no TWD I'm going to let it go go someone that can use it.

#654 7 years ago

And if anyone is going to arcade expo and needs a badge let me know, they will be available there.

2 weeks later
#736 7 years ago

Who had that heavy metal meltdown for sale a while back?

#777 6 years ago

some people are going to get an awesome deal!

#782 6 years ago

Anyone from the Bay Area buy any of curtis_playfields pins and are having them hauled up to the Bay Area? If so shoot me a PM.

#785 6 years ago

No longer looking for pin transport. just got my new project this afternoon!

image.jpg

#788 6 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

So you are the lucky bastard that got it...

Yep! The one time getting up at 4am to be at work at 5am and off at 1:30pm paid off, I was at the guys house at 2:30 this afternoon!

Quoted from MrArt2u:

Great catch, Steve! That's an awesome game!

Thanks! The "Surfer" family of games is in my top five EMs of all time list.

And to think my wife was teasing me just the other day about how often I search Craigslist. She asked how often do you look a day, I said five (total lie). This is VINDICATION!

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I emailed him and he said it sold I am glad it went to a pinsider 2nd one I missed out on in 2 days

Sorry to hear it's the second you missed out on. It came to a good home, no flip job for this. Going to get it back into a nice fighting shape and don't plan on it leaving for a while.

#793 6 years ago

No still four. The project I was going to work on for my good friend is on hold for now.

1 week later
#879 6 years ago

This stupid ad, selling one day only for the 347th day in a row!

sfbay.craigslist.org link

I texted them, $1800 for Harlem globetrotters.

#894 6 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

Selling a really nice, fully functioning Bally Old Chicago. 650.00

Dang thats a hot price! Good stuff.

2 weeks later
#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

1900. Rebuilt pops and freshly shopped. Cab is real nice, pf has normal wear at magnet and ball drops. I can do LEDs for 100 more.

Thanks!

Thanks, was just curious.

1 week later
#1087 6 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Just picked up an Old Chicago - asking $300

Played Old Chicago a ton last week at the pacific pinball museum, such a fun game. If I didnt just buy Surf Champ I would be all over that.

#1097 6 years ago

Still looking for a rollergames if anyone has one in So Cal and plans to make it up to PAGG I can pick it up there.

#1102 6 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Saw one at King Richard's antique mall in Whittier on Sunday. I saw it there about a year ago, the first time I went there.
It's not in great shape, and it has a $3.2k price tag...
Jason

Well crap, that's a rollergames that will never sell in a million years.

#1105 6 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Has anyone tried contacting Don Highley to see if he has or knows of a Rollergames for sale? I know his prices are a little high sometimes but he always seems to know where certain hard to locate games are.
Steve

Oh, not sure who that is. Seems like every time I buy a different game a Rollergames hits craigslist for 900$ the next day. trying to hold out this time.

#1107 6 years ago
Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

Steve my beater RG hasn't moved! $600. I can't remember now why we even pulled it from the arcade, I know it had some minor issues but I can't remember what the heck they were. I'm not providing an adequate home for the ol' girl (in fact I'm operating a different RG now....thank you Tracelifter!) and my old friend needs better digs.
LMK if you're interested. It's a project! But I know you really want an RG. Pay me whenever, just get her hauled away and shaped up. Don't feel obligated though, and this offer applies only for PracticalSteve because he was the only person who spoke to me at Arcade Expo besides Gene X
As far as the King Richard's table...JasonBar you were being polite; that poor thing is a rust bucket

Super interested! How is the playfield, any pics by any chance? That's really my only concern. Just don't want something super blown out. And honestly at that price it would have to be really bad for me to say no. I can always buy a new set of plastics from CPR.

I can pay you before that, that's not an issue.

I will start looking to find someone hopefully coming up to PAGG that can haul it up, anyone reading this I will throw cash your way to bring it.

#1108 6 years ago

And it was really great meeting you at Arcade Expo, one of my highlights! You coming to PAGG?

#1115 6 years ago

I can take some pics next time I'm at that storage unit. It's not bad at all, it's not a Diamond Plate but the PF wear was really minimal.

Going to be hard pressed to say no then, get pics when you can, no rush.

I think the magnet was weak, I think the GI was....ummm....acting like the GI on a routed System 11

I can handle that.

display had a segment out so it says Pollergames.

Maybe I will try and take other segments out so it says Polishgames

I hope to make it to PAGG but I'm a pretty busy dude at this point, but if I do make it first round is on me!

Wrong on that one, first round on me!

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

He actually sent me a PM I totally missed as it was right around when my son was born. Responding now. Thank you!

Congrats!!!!

#1122 6 years ago

That's not the case. It's mainly sub-player-quality EMs & SS games that no one will take even for free

There you go, someone go grab my Rollergames and find yourself a project!

#1126 6 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Steve, I'm pretty sure I can haul it up to PAGG for you, I should have room in the van going up and I'm only a mile or two from Curtis. Then you BOTH can buy me a round!
And, Curtis, not to call you out or anything but I talked to you at Expo too Even drooled all over your Gorgar record... Sorry 'bout that drool thing...
Art.

Awesome! Thank you so much. I will send you a PM later. Since you and Curtis already know each other that may make it easier on everyone.

I will PM you later too Curtis about payment.

#1127 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Steve I might be able to help you out with getting that up to PAGG. I'm not driving up, but my friend (Kyle) is and he told me has space. We could probably work something out with Molly.

Oh! Just saw this as well, Thanks for the offer! between you and Art I bet one of you can bring it up. Since you already know Curtis that would be best for all as well.

Thanks to everyone! I had a couple people PM me too about helping bring it up, its really a great community and honestly if it weren't for the people I don't think I would love this hobby as much as I do.

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah go with Art for sure. Just beware, you may open his van and discover that somehow he accidentally swapped your game with a Heavy Metal Meltdown.

Ha! Love that game, if any game took RG place, let it be that one.

#1132 6 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Don and Ellen are the folks that are always in the corner next to the roll up door that have the booth with the neons.

Thanks for the info!

1 month later
#1303 6 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

LOL, drop by and talk with me, I need to "thin the herd" a little. (just a little)
Steve

Let me know if you ever want to thin out a pink panther

#1311 6 years ago

Weren't you trying to get rid of some system 11s?

2 weeks later
#1436 6 years ago

Nice Ripley's for $2600

If this did not sell im shocked, you don't see them come up that often.

2 months later
#1830 6 years ago

Woah! They play that EBD with pinballs wrapped in sand paper?!?!

1 week later
#1892 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Looking for a Radical to go next my Rollergames.

Would be an awesome pairing!

#1925 6 years ago

I am also open to trading my rollergames for a spirit, or my WCS94 for a MET pro.

#1944 6 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

I have a players condition Mata Hari forsale or trade pm if interested.image.jpg

did you buy the one on CL, or were you the guy who was selling it? Only curious...possibly interested.

3 weeks later
#2088 6 years ago

I get up at 3:55 am, got you all beat. Not that this was a contest I ever hoped to win.

#2119 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Need to move some games to make room for new project
My loss your gain
Will take any reasonable offer
Zaccaria - universe.
Zaccaria - circus
Sleic - Bike Race
Sleic - ball
Bell games- tiger rag
Bell games- Space Hawks
Playmatic - Flash Dragon
Playmatic - Antar
Cirsa - Mephisto
Inder- Atleta
Stern -kiss pro (nib)
Sega - Apollo 13
Bally - Heavy Metal Meltdown

Damn-- that Heavy Metal Meltdown is back to taunt me!!!! You have any pics since im not local??

#2131 6 years ago

Night moves is an amazing pin, good luck!

#2135 6 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

No love for a Getaway?

Oh I love it, just got no funds- bump for a good guy

#2165 6 years ago

Nice looking POTC!

Since we are showing off, this is my Rollergames I bought a few months ago off of local pinsider Pinballholder, awesome seller and great guy who will someday sell me his Grand Lizard and Swords of Fury

440437.jpg

1 week later
#2224 6 years ago

Looks gorgeous NorCal, anyone is lucky to get this. Wish it were me.

#2226 6 years ago

Thanks, Steve. It is now Pending Sale to one of our local Pinside buddies. I'll leave it to him to reveal himself. It will remain at Phoenix for 2 more months until it goes to its new home.

Nice! Hopefully one close to my house.

#2258 6 years ago

I'm about to list my AC/DC Premium for sale. It's pretty much the nicest ACDC Premium imaginable. Low play HUO, clear lower playfield window, not a single scratch on the cabinet or the armor, over $1500 in goodies installed including a Color DMD, shaker, flipper fidelity speakers w/12" woofer, pinbits lighting bolts, Aurich's "Helen" artwork package, Mckee topper, full Cliffy package including both scoops, side mirrors and more.
The ad will be up in a couple hours with high res pics and more details. Figured I'd give the local guys a heads up before the ad hits. Shoot me a PM if you want to be first in line. Asking $6900. Making room for GOT Premium.

Ugh! Want so bad!

2 weeks later
#2351 6 years ago

How much are black rose and fish tales going for nowadays? Not looking for now, but possibly in a few months.

2 weeks later
#2397 6 years ago

Airborne is a fun game, one usually makes it to PAGG every year and I make it a point to put a bunch of games on it.

#2399 6 years ago
Quoted from Hana9so:

HAHA, this game came from PAGG!

Guess I wont be playing it there this year!

1 week later
1 week later
#2473 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

FS: Shrek in excellent condition for $4300. I'm not the original owner but it looks like it's HUO.
Here is a link the the Market Place listing.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/27969
I'm in Northern California but will be driving to San Diego to visit family at the end of December and can probably deliver along the route.
If you have any questions or want higher resolution photos, just let me know.
Jim

deal with confidence, the nicest guy I have ever met in the hobby, I have played this game as well and it is in fantastic condition.

#2494 6 years ago
Quoted from daddyxxx:

Looking for ironman, if you have one and interested in sailing it let me know,so cal,thank you

Ironboat.jpg

#2499 6 years ago

Norcalrealtor is a great guy, buy with confidence.

3 weeks later
#2605 6 years ago

Buy with confidence from cheddar, great dude in the up and up.

3 weeks later
#2734 5 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

Thinking about selling my Heavy Metal Meltdown. Fully Shopped, full led. Cab has no visible fade. Lockdown bar diacolored at edges. Has mirrorblade on left side only. $1900
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

Good luck with the sale! If It was only at a different time I would be all over this!

#2826 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you pass on it could you take some better pics of the playfield and backglass? I've got Steve going over there on Monday if it hasn't sold by then and I'd like a little better look at it before he does. Thanks!

Roger that, I emailed the guy but haven't heard back, but like O-din said, I am booked solid until Monday.

#2859 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryphun:

Update on the Williams Coquette. Its in great shape - been in the family since 1970 (grandfather was a process engineer) - came with original schematics. Bought the machine and the kids love it.
Only problem am running into - on occasion after game is over two relays that are connected to the score reels seem to go on and on like a machine gun. I turn the machine off and back on and everything works just fine. Will look into problems with switch contact / adjustments needed.

IMG_5241.JPGIMG_5244.JPG

Congrats on the pick up! does the score go up when the relays do that?

#2860 5 years ago

You may want to start a separate thread for that issue by the way, there are a lots of knowledgable EM guys on here that probably dont read this thread.

2 weeks later
#2989 5 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I am going to try to buy this year at pagg. I'm looking for a player quality WPC game like HS2, FT, or WCS94.
So how hard is it to find deals at PAGG? I've never been to a show before.

What Spencer said. There are usually a good amount of project EMs at the swap meet as well.

2 weeks later
#3159 5 years ago

I wish TSPP was in my price range. Love that game and The Simpsons was a huge part of my childhood.

1 month later
#3375 5 years ago

We are getting a slew of spam ads up in NorCal too that have the keyword "pinball" but aren't pinball related. Usually car, tractor, trailer... Etc

If you scroll down in the ads, it says disregard this and the there is a huge chunk of text in the ads that seem to relate to a multicade and the word pinball must be in there.

Email them and I gaurantee you get a quick reply about some auction site where they bought whatever is in the ad for a penny

#3377 5 years ago

Obviously some bot running those ads

#3430 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

That was me. Game won't be finished in time due to cutting back on pin funds (got laid off after 13 years)

Oh no! Sorry to hear that dude! Hope you find a new job soon.

#3455 5 years ago

There are a number of fake ads right now, the crazy part is the know their terminology- citing replacement boards, noting specific repairs- If it has a gmail account within the ad itself as the only way of contact good chance its fake.

#3477 5 years ago
Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Might anyone have any interest in taking over a Hyperball project from me? Every time I look at it I just can't even.
+The boards have been fully recapped and work 100%. Sound works. Special Hyperball driver board has had the heat lowering mod discussed in the bulletproofing thread. New interconnect. Many of the chips have been socketed. Original (recapped) working power board. (do you need system 7 boards?)
+Almost an entire second set of playfield parts/wires/ball gun solenoid assembly on a warped playfield
+All the ball funnels are currently uncracked, although some were glued back together
+cabinet is pretty good
+playfield in it is NOT warped
+uninstalled new rubbers
+52 new balls
-Backglass has minor paint loss
-it's like 85% assembled
-Balls stick in the augur due, I think, to deteriorated rubbers
-several flaky bulb sockets
-It's hyperball
Name your price

Blobfish is a good guy, but with confidence.

#3481 5 years ago
Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Good Guys usually have no self esteem.

Ha! Didn't even see I did that

1 week later
#3581 5 years ago
Quoted from ibjames:

I'm having a hard time with the forums, is there a CA thread that isn't afor sale thread? Also, I'm looking at making a first purchase, Dredd or Demolition man? The left side of demolition man is useless right?

there is the Norcal pinhead thread I started, while you aren't exactly in the area, you are welcome to post there.

1 week later
#3631 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

WCS in PHX

phoenix.craigslist.org link

And the award for the most vague pinball ad on Craigslist ever goes to.......

1 week later
#3739 5 years ago

John Trudea was at pin a go go this year?!?!?!?

1 week later
1 week later
#3956 5 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

Might be hard to fine as most people have converted Dr who machines into something useful , like firewood because Dr Who is a crap game

Isn't there an Arizona for sale thread you can go piss all over?

#3958 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

AR is Arkansas not Arizona. Makes it even more head scratching why he's in a Cali FS thread. If he was from AZ I could understand it.

Woah! You're right! I guess I only glanced at the abbreviation and assumed it was AZ because why would someone from Arkansas waste their time in here.

#3965 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Cmon Man, be Practical.
Us AZ guys are way cooler

My apologies to your great state!

#3988 5 years ago

Reality_studios, you want to get a WCS94 for the ladies. It's fun, it's colorful, everyone that comes over loves it. The goal is super satisfying to hit, amateurs love it. Even if you don't know what you're doing, like my four year old, every three games you hit multiball by accident, spinning ball. It's a crowd pleaser.

#3992 5 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I have played WCS94 and that game is great fun, just wasn't sure about the sports theme since precious few of them care about sports, let alone soccer.

FWIW none of my friends are into soccer and they all love it. My wife has practically begged me not to sell mine.

#4017 5 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Until then, just drop some text on them in PS.
What kind of stuff are you using to block the sunlight through the garage door windows? I'm trying to figure out what would work the best but still be dark enough to look like the windows are still transparent from far away. That way it'd confuse the crap out of anybody trying to scope out what's in my garage.

Tinfoil man, millions of addicts can't be wrong

3 weeks later
#4191 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

This will be my first CAX. I can't wait. I will be wearing my Vicjw66 badge if anyone wants to say hi and maybe a friendly wager of a dollar a game, or just for fun.

Good point! Wear your ID badges folks if you previously got them at other shows. I just don't have the time to provide them this year like I have in the past.

1 month later
#4423 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Heavy Metal Meltdown for Sale ...$900 firm... pinside price. I'm in Anaheim by Disneyland...
Machine works 100% plays great, great audio guitar riffs! This is a players quality pinball.
Playfield has some wear with touch ups....I'd say a 7 out of 10. Cabinet not bad, full art no fade, 8+ out of 10.
Ramp is clean, no broken plastics.
I fixed the topper, got all blinking red lights working up there and improved the connections on topper speakers.
This machine was an extra in a bulk purchase.
Buried in garage, will get photos today and put in marketplace.
Pm me if interested, around all weekend for a drive by, play and purchase.
Thanks Eric

UGH! why am I broke!!!!

#4430 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

We're all broke!!! Thanks for the bump. I can't even walk in my garage, I here the excuse of "Need to make room", but I really do!
If it doesn't sell by Pin-A-Go-Go 2017, I'll bring it up.

Now I'm wishing it won't!

1 month later
#4615 5 years ago
Quoted from atwong:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a mover (might be buying my first pin)?

For a first pin you may want to buy and check out in person, that's just my two cents

1 month later
#4758 5 years ago

So there was an EM Night Rider on Fresno/Clovis Craigslist two weeks back that I tried like hell to get. Anyone here get it? I just want the full story after trying so damn hard to get a hold of the seller.

2 months later
#5110 4 years ago

Bottom line on the Konami Track & Field cocktail is $800

I'm not a vid guy but that's a good price, also a great guy selling it, buy with confidence!

1 year later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider practicalsteve.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside