(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,710 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 461 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinostalgia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5812 6 years ago

Anybody have experience with a tech called Larry out of alamo?

#5820 6 years ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

Larry is a really nice guy who does excellent work. Repairs, playfield swaps, cabinet repair and repaint... A man of many talents!

Thank you so much, I had a good feeling speaking to him on the phone, can't wait to take my two pins to him for restoration.

#5858 6 years ago
Quoted from Mark66:

He does great work and reasonably priced too. He did a playfield swap and cabinet restore/repair for me on a Bally Eight Ball and looks and plays great. You will be in goods hands with him!!!

thank you,i have two pins lined up for larry and probably more in the future.

1 month later
#5958 6 years ago

there's a $1600 doctor dude listed for a long time in sacramento and no takers...

2 months later
#6125 6 years ago
Quoted from Pball:

Found a Data east Batman down south for anyone that’s nearer than I and interested:
inlandempire.craigslist.org link

wow,nice.

#6143 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

It was, sat on guys patio for years. He offered 50 bucks and i still passed. Nothing salvageable, even boards, plastics, ramp, it was all bad. Pics on old phone, but we cant post pics in this thread anymore.

Oh no for $50 just staring at it sitting in the garage is worth it.

3 months later
#6561 6 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Just found an Excalibur that I gotta finance, so... I'm looking to sell:
1. The spare NOS playfield that came with the Excalibur.
2. Player's condition Fireball 2
3. Sweet Genie with hot coils and a Pascal mpu.
4. Williams Skill Pool
5. Allied Leisure's Boogie with lots of spare parts
PM me for details if'n yer interested. I'ma be at GSPF and could deliver there.

How much they want for the Excalibur ?just curious.

2 weeks later
#6637 5 years ago

Wow $1100 for a raven plus tax and fees,

6 months later
#7295 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Hi,
I'm currently planning a game delivery route in Jan 2019 from Texas > Cali (San Diego > LA > San Jose > ... > San Diego ) > Texas. May add other states pending winter weather/road conditions.
If you need a game delivered along that path, PM me.
ps. My next route will be after Thanksgiving from Texas > AK > OK > CO > MO > midwest > GA > AL > LA > TX.

will you pass thru/start in houston? there's a game in houston i'm interested in.

#7298 5 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

will you pass thru/start in houston? there's a game in houston i'm interested in.

Never mind,just saw your ad,will pm you,awesome indeed.

1 week later
#7341 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

In recent memory I have sold my X-Men, Spiderman, AFMr, Stern ST Premium and my NBA Fastbreak & will probably list my NGG for sale.
While I enjoy or enjoyed these games, since I bought my Night Rider to re-theme I have remembered how fun the older & surely simpler SS games (rule wise) were/are.
Thinking back on the Fathom, Police Force & Comet I owned and similar I played at the Lucky Ju Ju (now the Pacific Pinball Museum) and at bars in the 70's, my desire to learn the rules for an "18 Mission Game Progression" dwindles.
Maybe I'm just getting older; I do know that I can't play for more than 10 - 15 minutes without taking an Aleve to minimize the arthritis pain in both hands.
I'm sure that plays into my desire too.
I think that this afternoon I may go over to Alameda and play a few of these simpler ruled games that are difficult to master.
If anyone local to me has an early SS game in good condition that may be wanting to part with, let me know...I might be tempted to buy.
Robert

I couldn't agree more,i almost exclusively like to own and play the 80's and early 90's games for the simple rules.i recall you were looking to buy a Hollywood heat recently,i have one that you can "borrow" and give me back when you get your fill.

6 months later
#8058 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Guys who lack commitment.
I’ve played both video games and pinball for over 35 years. My ratio of 10 to 1 vids to pins won’t likely change much. I want a few more though. rocky and bulwinkle, high speed, star trek stern.

I'm dying to find an atari roadblasters for a good price

1 week later
#8144 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Shaq Attaq price lowered to $898.98

wait,i thought you said $499!!!

#8154 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Without the Color DVD

you mean dmd,right?

3 weeks later
#8264 4 years ago

High voltage brought me a game yesterday from seattle.
Very happy.
His transport fee was very reasonable.

#8276 4 years ago

the container buy was a wonderful experience would have pulled the trigger again on yet another game but a recent vacation sucked all the funds available

#8314 4 years ago
Quoted from jay:

Interested in the following games if anything is available... I love projects (at project pricing) but will buy nicer stuff too if available. PM if you’ve got anything...
Congo
Bram Stokers Dracula
High Speed
Harlem Globetrotters
Stern Big Game
Gottlieb Vegas
Gottlieb Deadly Weapon
Other classic Stern or Bally and weird SS Gottlieb stuff always considered.

Bout this one ?
losangeles.craigslist.org link
Hey if you're parting with the genesis or hoop I'm interested.

#8319 4 years ago
Quoted from jay:

It’s too expensive to have that nasty burnt mylar all over (IMO anyway) and the seller is firm. Hoops and Genesis will be sold when I die, so hopefully not anytime soon. Never hurts to ask though!

got you one more...
sacramento.craigslist.org link
genesis i'm sure will find,hoops not so much

3 months later
#8569 4 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I have a hot tip (ss) in the Seattle area, plays great. If we could figure out a way to get it down there I would part with it

High voltage is the man to talk to,he does runs from seattle to southern ca occasionally,he delivered games for me and a fellow pinsider lil over a couple months ago for a reasonable fee.a straight shooter.

1 month later
#8675 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerryuop:

Arnold is a nice place. My parents have had a place up there since the 80s. Check out the Snowshoe Brewery while you are up there. I also recommend visiting Spicer Reservoir... beautiful!!

i picked a pin once in sheep ranch,ca no too far from arnold.

2 months later
#8842 4 years ago

Long shot too...looking for a system 80b/premier cabinet

#8844 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

I wish you could have gotten a hold of me 18 years ago...
I picked up a gutted Premier Raven cabinet at the Dixon show.
Took what I needed and sledge hammered the rest into the trash bin.

2 months later
#9090 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I have a Raven in decent shape. It boots up and plays, however does not have any sound at the moment. It came in as part of a combo deal and i really have no interest in it. How does $500 sound for it?

pm sent

Quoted from Azmodeus:

Now that is back on topic! Good luck with sale!

bout time

#9102 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballPat:

Hey all, I’m moving to Ventura in August from the Seattle area. There’s an overseas order list floating around up here but it doesn’t look like they’ll be stateside before my move..... that being said, I have a few reservations on the list so I may be making another trip to pickup a pin or two. Anyone else interested in getting some reservations and splitting the trip costs?
Pat

Hey pat don't stress too much about getting your games to California, there's always someone from here willing to move games for you up n down the highway 5 corridor for a fee.

#9106 3 years ago

Please bear in mind that the preliminary shipping quote is always higher.i ended up paying $180 last time when everything was said and done.

#9119 3 years ago

$3700 gottlieb rock encore plus sales tax, and buyer premium,i could not believe the prices.

#9144 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

There will definitely be 2 machines that will be shipping to The Flipper Room. If anyone else in the Bay Area wants to pick up at my place in the attempt to save/group some costs, let me know.
Mike

someone talk me into reserving that genesis

#9175 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

And I have no problem with that. Just pointing out that the rest of us are being recruited to subsidize the organizers shipping costs is all. And also to point out, that there is the risk for everyone else of buying sight unseen. I looked at the list and didn’t see any deals worth taking that risk. Those deals, if they existed, are long gone. The days of great deals on container reimports were about 10 to 20 years ago.

Do you know the" organizers"? Have you dealt with them personally? I have, nobody is subsidising nothing, please relax.

#9185 3 years ago
Quoted from ElkGrovePinball:

How did you get your game to NorCal and how much time do you have to make pickup or delivery arrangements?

They will give you plenty of time and then some, they'll never Rush or stress you about it.at least that was my experience.
A pinsider on here named high voltage brought it here for a modest fee.very nice guy.

2 weeks later
#9229 3 years ago
Quoted from pinpoor:

Thanks Cheddy.
I'm not on Facebook but I'll have Susi check it out when she gets home from her daily travels.

I checked yesterday almost right away and it was gone

1 month later
#9283 3 years ago
Quoted from InsideOutlane:

WANTED: Rollergames, Whirlwind, or WCS.
My wife and I have moved to a large enough place that we have enough room for a machine of our own! It's rough not being able to shop around at shows, as it seems they won't be happening for the foreseeable future. We've been looking at ads online, but it's hard to pull the trigger on something that we both haven't played. Those three games are all ones that we know we would like, and should also be in our price range. I can promise that it would go to a loving and caring home!

Here's one that just popped up, Price's kinda high though.
sacramento.craigslist.org link

1 month later
#9374 3 years ago
Quoted from lint:

some guy on the CL up here constatly posts about "25 Woodrail Projects" but never lists what they are. anyone ever call the guy?

they were forty machines about a year or so ago,the good ones are probably long gone...

#9382 3 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

Still looking for an empty cab if anyone’s got one for sale

you may wanna talk to cosmokramer

2 weeks later
#9491 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Anybody thinking of kicking out a classic?
Wanted...
Embryon
Solar Fire
Nine Ball
Andromeda
Flash Gordon
Gorger
Eight Ball Deluxe
Flash
Nice copies, no junk or projects.
Message from the pin for sale desert Freeeek Kingdom.

Please put these two out of their misery, they've been living on Craigslist for months

sfbay.craigslist.org link
losangeles.craigslist.org link

#9496 3 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

I think that flash looks pretty decent.

Another flash sold around last week for $700, it went quickly but not as nice as this one.

1 week later
#9514 3 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

I think that I used to own that. I had one from Steve Charland's collection and sold it at Pin-A-Go-Go last year. It looks to be the same friction cart that has no hydraulics involved. Just press down and lock the bar to the side.
If not, it looks awful close...

i never seen one with no hydraulics, mine is leaking bad and have a loss of bearings in one wheel.i thought this would be a neat replacement. hopefully someone can pick it up and store it if they're anticipating a trip north.

3 weeks later
#9563 3 years ago

#9564 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarson:

Also have a Harlem for sale, project, but works:

Sale Pending!

Harlem Globetrotters On Tour

New!

As is “Up for sale here is a fabulous Harlem machine. Playfield needs some paint.
Everything functions and plays on this game. The cabinet needs to be restored. The backglass is flaking. ...”

17 hours ago

Sylmar , CA

Jarson

Prefer local pickup by Monday

Is genesis for sale?

#9569 3 years ago

come on, you're going to clutch that thing all the way to Georgia where there's plenty of pins...

8 months later
#10197 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

Looking for a Gottlieb coin door for a 1975 Top Score.

I have some old gottlieb coin doors not sure what generation they would fit. I can take pictures. If one of them fits, you can have it for free.

#10218 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Any interest in a Haunted House pin?

details? please

2 weeks later
#10247 2 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Looking hard for an Escape from the Lost World. Just saw that Banning will be auctioning one, but I don't prolly wanna deal with that action. I also have an Excalibur soon to be on the block for cash or if yer innnarested in a trade of some kind... And even perhaps my newly acquired Funhouse might be available for the right trade.

I've sent you a message about the Excalibur yesterday... please check your messages.

1 month later
#10504 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I have a Deadpool premium as trade bait for a Ford Transit, Dodge promaster or a Nissan NV200

get an e150 ford( except 2004-2008, v6 ok if you can find it) or a gmc express/savana instead, you'll thank me later. if you have to go small get a sienna and stow the seats away.

3 weeks later
#10643 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Probably was my stupidity. Sorry. I should have read a little more clearly. My bad

i read it the same way you did

#10655 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

The Pin Wagon is stopping by the Pinball Pirate now to wait out traffic. I hear he's got Godzilla and Mando pro ready to go and a bunch of new used games in. Grab your credit cards and give him a call. I will load it up and bring it to you anywhere between Benicia and Salinas tonight.

does he have any 80b goodness by any chance?

1 month later
#10787 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Hey Pinheads,
I've been doing light restorations on arcade cabinets for the last year and a half. Light body work and full art packages. I am now working on installing new decals on an Indiana Jones and pretty happy with the results so far. If any of you are interested in seeing some pics/having work done shoot me a message. I'm located in the Bay Area.

can you do playfield touch ups?

#10792 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Probably not more than you would be able to do. Something airbrushed and clear coated would be out of my realm. Thanks for asking though...

I'll send you some pictures and you'll be the judge, it doesn't have to be world class quality work.

2 months later
#10942 2 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Ok, not much interest in Devil Riders...
Howzaboot a pretty good Genie? Pascal mpu, nice playfield with just the top arch worn thru. Plays beauty. BG kinda faded but looking pretty good. Cab prolly a 7+.
Pics soon enough on demand.
Same deal on delivery. Free for Bay Area. Otherwise pickup or arrange delivery. (I am not averse to delivering mice elf if the price is right.

Are the genesis and title fight coming up for sale anytime soon by any chance?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinostalgia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=pinostalgia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.