(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,707 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by iepinball
  • Topic is favorited by 461 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin-head.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4071 7 years ago

I just wanted to drop in and say "hi", and see if anyone has a pin or two that would get me started. This seems to be the most "local" to Las Vegas, and from my research on here, it seems like the best way to get started is to buy from a friendly pinsider, as opposed to taking the craigslist gamble, even though I search it multiple times every day.

First a little background...I grew up in the 70's, loved pinball, played it whenever I could. But, this was infrequent, and I would only play games that gave me 5 balls, so other than playing, I don't have any "favorites", and would prefer the reliability of SS (I think!) over games of my "era". I've always wanted my own game, and never had a place to put one, until my recent move. Now, I have room for two machines. I've been to the PHOF several times, and really enjoy the modern games, but, unfortunately, the budget probably isn't going to allow me to scratch that itch. And I know I'm not gonna get a MM or TZ either...

So, I'm looking for a decent SS game or two, but I'd like to keep the cost to somewhere between 1500-2000 per game, obviously the lower the better. I've seen some beautiful games f/s in here (like the most recent IM and right above Time Machine), but they are above my threshold. Am I being unrealistic in my budget, for a reliable, working, attractive game? I found this craigslist ad locally, price seems decent, but my knowledge level is such that I could easily buy a pig in a poke, and not even know it. lasvegas.craigslist.org link

I'll keep reading and learning, and if someone has something they'd like to sell, that fits into my admittedly slim budget, please send me a PM. I know I'm new here and all, but I'm definitely not a flipper, but I would like to have a couple of 'em to play with in the evening... Thanks in advance!

#4091 7 years ago

Thank you for the advice, and the PM's! It's gonna be a tough job, but I plan to make another trip to the PHOF, and hopefully play the machines that have been offered to see if I like them, as well as some of the other attainable titles. The wife is getting a kick out of me "having" to stop there and play pinball.. I'll definitely try the Flipperspiel Underground Arcade Club too. We'd looked at the website, but thought we might be out of the age group for that one.

Thanks again for the help!

#4103 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have one for sale within your budget. Pics of shooter lane available by request. Recently waxed. HOU.

Awesome! Now i know why people strongly suggest that newb's like me buy their first machine from a pinsider. I haven't seen that one at the PHOF yet, but I'll def keep an eye out. Oh, and please post some high quality pics so I can really make up my mind. Thanks again for your generous offer...

1 week later
#4151 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Opinions are like assholes, but in these forums, if you express yours, then everyone who has a different one, thinks you are one... People suck.
I like boobs.

Words to live by..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin-head.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=pin-head and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.