(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,695 posts
  • 681 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by JWE
  • Topic is favorited by 460 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4005 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you use your pin wrench for more than four hours at a time, see a doctor.
(Use with caution- Excessive use may cause profuse sweating, diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, heart attacks, and/or stroke. And in some cases even death)

Should death occur, discontinue use and contact your physician immediately.

2 months later
#4440 7 years ago

You have to try uploading pictures 15-20 times then it will randomly allow you... But then you might still get a few random "an unknown error occurred" messages whilr attempting to post the message.

#4452 7 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Craigslist is local & they don't take a cut of your sale.

Thats a whole other bag of crazy. Plus all the same issues expressed with marketplace... 90% of callers are out of state (craigslist search sites/apps) and I really want a buyer who has the opportunity to see and play in person to know exactly what it is, warts and all.

I think maybe the best option is to sell at shows.

#4499 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

We worked everything out with my family. Dodged a bullet. However, we still need to sell a few pins to fix an unrelated issue. Keeping some of half.

Good to hear!

#4506 7 years ago

Anyone in the Visalia/Fresno area have a good 19" arcade monitor you want to sell? My RFM's monitor (wells gardner) Has almost completely lost green and red is right behind it... P&L verified that the chasis is good so my tube is likely shot.

3 weeks later
#4621 7 years ago
Quoted from atwong:

Sorry. I meant moving locally in Socal since I don't know what I'm doing.

Definitely go yourself then and grab a buddy. Pinhead or not moving a game is best done by two. Its not hard but if you can get a pinhead to come with you even better. I'd be happy help ya out if I was in the area.

What game are you getting?

1 week later
#4645 7 years ago

Someday I'll find my Whirlwind.... for now looking forward to my CPR playfield

1 week later
#4680 7 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Woo Hoo! My space issues are over! Today, I closed on a house that included a 1600 sf shop! Too bad now I don't have any money..

LOL, always one or the other huh. Fantastic size shop though, congrats!!

2 months later
#4922 7 years ago

Nice looking shop though uncivil!

#4949 7 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

Also, I just setup my BM66 LE at AYCE Gogi here in So Cal (van nuys) if anyone wants to come by and play. Also Bi Monthly IFPA league starts next thursday 1/12.

Thanks! I now know exactly where I'm going to eat next time I'm down that way.

1 month later
#5078 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Yes. One on location in SF. Can't recall the name of the place. I'm sure someone will chime in with the details.

Is it Free Gold Watch? I've been itching to go there for a while now.

1 month later
#5216 7 years ago

Always love watching captains but some of the pin prices are wacky (as everywhere else I suppose)...

But I think the reason some of the pins end up on the floor auction after auction is not because of reserve (he calls those out and passes) but because people get caught up in the bidding and bid up to a normal price without budgeting for all the fee's (roughly an additional 25% to a non reseller).... so upon realizing hoe badly they overspent they either walk or immediately re-list.

Also seen several newer sterns go for prices that by the time you pay the buyer fee and tax your looking at well over NIB prices for used games still available. Must be mostly noobs doing that.

All that being said will likely still try for that TZ.

#5221 7 years ago

Your right though the slightly broken stuff at the end is where its at for those with the stamina (and don't mind fixing stuff). Best deal I ever got there was the very last item, around 1AM. A Wurlitzer 3000 in decent shape (working but badly needing a tune up) for $125

I think this may be round 3 for that TZ if its the same one. The sellers probably have their buddies bid things up for them... I don't know though you would think that would get expensive, especially considering the seller also pays a fee. I guess the thing to do is see if anyone actually loads it up after the sale or if it just sits there by itself.

#5227 7 years ago

At least its kind of funny to laugh at the suckers who massively overpay.

I doubt they are dealers as a dealer would know they can get NIB for less.

#5250 7 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Hmm, there does seem to be some scam going on with shill bidders and all, but I did get a couple of pins there that were in good shape, like my AC/DC Pro and Pirates of the Carribean. You do have to be careful though to not get caught up in their crazy live bidding. But I did just buy a Bride of Pinbot from today's auction for $2100, or around $2676 after their buyers premium and taxes which I don't think is too bad.

Congrats, fun game! A couple other that I recall.. the RFM went for 3100 which I think was a too high, Safecracker I think went for 5300 which I guess is a good price for that game. The newer stern pros were going for around 4000 which is crazy considering After fees they are looking at around 5200 which you can get NIB shipped for. All in all it seemed ok today... some overpriced, some ok and maybe a couple deals.

I did end up getting the TZ. Probably overpaid at 4900 (before fees) considering its fresh off the route but it looks pretty clean in the photos and considering the last few rounds it was approaching 7k I don't feel too bad. Its been a dream pin for a long time though so excited to dig into it.

#5256 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I watched that auction online ALL DAY! I wasn't sure how it was going to work and I wanted that beat up Jokerz machine. I cant believe it went for $500. It seemed like the games went for some pretty high prices compared to what they have sold for in the past on there. I still wish I was down there watching it in person. Seemed like a fun time.

I do like the online viewing, it can be a long day in person. Usually I will drop my wife off at Disneyland, preview the auction, go join her for lunch, walk around for a few hours then head over for the pins. After that back to Disney for dinner and maybe head back for the cage (where the deals tend to be).

He has definitely grown that business and I think its awesome to see that along with all of the people he keeps employed now. Of course with that growth it has become a lot harder to find deals thete. The pins there are almost never a great deal (but there is the rare unicorn that still keeps me coming back). If your looking for a particular title chances are it will come up and if you are careful you have a chance at getting an alright price.

At least they take credit cards so I can pay with my amazon card or AA card to at least recoup a small bit of the fees.

#5257 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I'm probably wrong but it seems the markets are changing . It seems supply has finally caught up to recent demand . I mean look at all the choices available today, AFMr, dialed in, Aliens , Aerosmith, Batman, GB etc ,my god when in the history of pinball has the consumer had SO many nib choices .
So selling something like a SS , SM or even in my case a near perfect Refinery Metallica pro is becoming more difficult it seems .

I think thats probably true. There really is an awesome selection of games currently in production. Further I think all of them are well put together fun games. I just hope it reaches and hold a healthy equilibrium without putting any of these guys under.

#5287 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wouldn't go that far. But hey, trolls gotta troll...and we're in bizarro world now where people have convinced themselves Ghostbusters actually plays well. Nothing makes sense anymore.

Its such a pretty game and such a dream theme that every time I try to convince myself its fun to play. Alas, I fail consistently. So wierd how on paper it checks all the boxes yet it is what it is. I'm sure its probably genuinely fun for some. Maybe its one of those games that needs to be in a home environment to be appreciated (still trying to convince myself).

#5290 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

People have like 4-5 new titles to throw money at. AFMr, Houdini, Aerosmith, Dialed In, Batman 66, Alien, and maybe im missing one or two.

Not only are there a lot of new titles out there but there are some really great games too. I have played and really liked Dialed In and Aerosmith. AFMr is of course going to be the same great game. BM66 is also fun in its own way, haven't played Alien. Plus Spooky has new games and we might even someday see a title like Total Annihilation which looks like a blast.

It's a great time for lovers of Pinball, I think a full on renaissance, but yeah, all those options are probably going to somewhat soften newer used games. I'm not sure if they will also impact older B/W 90's classics (and older too).... but probably.

1 week later
#5368 7 years ago

Any chance you have a High Hand playfield in there?

#5385 7 years ago

Looking forward to playing it there. It intrigues me but gotta sell my RFM (also will be at PAGG).

2 weeks later
#5418 6 years ago

Going to be selling my RFM. Were in the middle of transitioning a parent to an independent living facility and its like a furniture bomb just went off in our house. So until things settle down and we we decide what is staying and what is going I need every bit of space I can find.

We have had her for about 3 years now and she's always been a hit with company but it probably gets the least play with us so she will be the one going to give up its spot.

- NOS CRT with fewer than 10 hours run time (looks amazing... way better than any LCD job)
- NOS P2K glass (no scratches or blemishes)
- New Mr Pinball decals
- Plays 100%
- Original CPU, replaced fan and power supply about two years ago and updated to latest firmware.
- Replaced florescent tube with a panel of LED's... saved old hardware if someone wanted that awful original light back in for some reason.
- Scoop hole in good shape.
- Plastic by center targets broken (seems very common)
- Playfield wear typical of a routed, but well maintained game... nothing worn through and does look very nice in my opinion but definitely not A HUO game.
- Playfield prop rod mounting screw broken... this is a 10 cent thing but I don't use the prop so just left it as is.

I'm not really set on a price yet but thinking I would like to get somewhere around 3200. Will be taking to PAGG.

1 month later
#5516 6 years ago

So this might be kind of an odd wanted request:

Looking for a solid state parts only game... playfield only may work too.

This is going to be used for parts to build demonstration pieces and possibly a student project (I'm introducing pinball to a community college science & engineering group / maker-coder club).

Since it will be torn apart for parts and I don't want to spend too much, looking for a complete basketcase someone wants to sell that still has a good amount of usable parts.

#5522 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I'd check Craigs List once or twice a week. There are often 'non working' pins up there very cheap. I got a 'Foxy Lady' machine for $150. It's playfield was in good condition, and it has all the playfield machanics and parts, but inside the cab was completely empty. So I'm re theaming it and putting in my own power supply, controllers, etc... Theres another cocktail pin in non working order on the Orange County craigs list right now for about $200. wish I could by that one too but no room.
also if you are planning to use a Raspbery Pi/ Arduino to control all new 'guts' in a machine, don't limit yourself to SS machines. If you can find an old EM that has been gutted but a salvageable play field, there's no reason you cant control the solenoids with your modern programing. The old EMs are simpler in design as well. easier to program for.

True with the EM parts, although em switches are intended for high voltage vs signal voltage it shouldn't matter too much and getting a selection of basic mechs and brackets is more important than switches.

I actually have a couple EM projects in my garage but they are both titles I want to restore, not salvage.

Unfortunately around here Craigslist has been dead for the last few years. Guess I'll have to expand the markets I search in but it becomes harder when an ad is 5 hours away so I can't exactly say that I'll be there that afternoon.

I might check out that cocktail, thanks!

#5524 6 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Dang Ryan, you just missed out by a week or so. On the Fresno CL, someone put up five pins, each at $200. They were mostly EM's but they had a couple early SS's, too, if I remember correctly. The ad was gone the next day...

Dang... tough to catch those and they are so few and far between. Hopefully whoever got them is local and may want to offload one or two of the more basketcase ones in the near future.

#5529 6 years ago

Miguel351 ... got something!

Just picked up a williams space shuttle complete basketcase for $25 bucks.

... the playfield actually looks like it might be in decent shape under all the muck.... the rest of the game however... oye!

#5532 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I can't wait to get a space shuttle someday. It's a keeper for me.

Yeah cool game... I feel bad using it for parts but this one is very, very sad unfortunately.

The main body is in one piece (wood delaminating badly but solid-ish) and playfield looks like it might clean up... coin door clean and actually still has good playfield glass. Back box was scattered across a field... so theres that.

#5534 6 years ago
Quoted from Blenderhead:

I'll double your money and take it off your hands!

Lol, thanks, but she's going to a good cause... and who knows maybe the project won't materialize and in that case I might just be building a cabinet for it.

1 month later
#5664 6 years ago

Keeping with the space shuttle theme... anyone have a backglass they would like to sell? Will be going to a local community college engineering club.

4 months later
#6052 6 years ago

Looking for a populated playfield that has usable mechs and wire but isn’t restorable (terrible wear, delamination, broken, termite eaten, etc) for a home brew project. Would prefer Williams SS.

#6071 6 years ago

I had to visit the State Architects office in down town LA today, so I got a chance to stop by Ayce Gogi at lunch time, and check out the new lineup. He as both the new Guardians of the Galaxy and TNA available for play. I only played one game of Guardians, as it feels alot like most of the new stern games. I did almost put $5 into TNA. That thing is fast, and a tough play. I was only able to destroy one reactor in all my games. Given the music and the vibe of the game, it feels like the grandson of Pinbot.
Man I wish I could get down there more often.

That place is great! I was craving going there the whole way home today.

1 month later
#6174 6 years ago

Bummer, that’s a big ooops. Sounds like a decent machine but I’m more of a two years old lease return for 200 bucks kind of laptop guy.

#6176 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wow, you can do that?
Ya, i messed up on this.

Yeah, not a high end gaming laptop but a decent business class laptop which is all i need.

#6196 6 years ago

And Tax.... actually, it would almost cover the Premium and tax on that, score!

#6224 6 years ago

There’s a fellow posting an inherited collection in the San Diego area. Looks like some nice stuff. The thread is relatively new and active so should be easy to find.

#6226 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

...or you could just post a link.

Well it’s not an “ad” so I figured a link would be squashed here since we can’t even add pictures.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/inherited-a-game-room

1 month later
#6409 6 years ago

Well I finished one project... So now its time to finance or find my next one!

Sale Pending!Street Fighter II fully restoredNew!Fully restored (full original status) “Up for sale or Trade, a restored Gottlieb Street Fighter 2.

I have been working on this game for about 2 years, and you can see the transformation I performed here:

https://pinsi...”
2 days ago Tehachapi, CA
Trade
uncivil_engineer

That was a bueatiful job you did with that game!

4 weeks later
#6531 6 years ago

Time to start looking for the first pin I can remember falling in love with as a kid... but budget is tight at the moment and I would prefer to rescue one from the brink anyway so...

Keeping my eyes open for a Whirlwind project... crappy cab OK, crappy playfield OK, not working OK... would prefer complete or close to it.

#6534 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

thedrewster i think had a few. He is mainly on klov but is also on here. Hit him up, he is in reno though.

Awesome, will check it out, thanks for the lead!

#6537 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

merccat and thedrewster are both coming to the Golden State Pinball Festival in May, so perfect opportunity to transfer!

Game was already sold unfortunately, but maybe another canidate will be there.

1 month later
#6641 5 years ago

People often way overpay there (after fees and taxes routed sterns often go for more than NIB for games still available NIB).

I think it’s a combination of bidding excitement and non-pinheads just looking for something “cool” to put in the game room. Its still worthwhile to go to from time to time though... you just have to be very careful when bidding and always always always mentally add in 30% on the price because that buyers premium is also taxed.

1 month later
#6910 5 years ago

Thinking about selling our Aerosmith Pro. Other than taking it to a couple shows, it’s just been at our home. Will probably put it up for somewhere around 4,800.

#6912 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Thinking about selling our Aerosmith Pro. Other than taking it to a couple shows, it’s just been at our home. Will probably put it up for somewhere around 4,800.

On marketplace:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/65688

#6923 5 years ago

Bump on AS for a price drop to 4700 but more firm there. Can drive it down as far as Anaheim.

#6926 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Aerosmith is a GREAT game. After not getting anything new in a little while I recently ended up with a used AS Pro and a new Iron Maiden premium within a couple weeks. IMDN was instant love, of course, it’s just amazing, but AS has crept up and surprised me! I like it
more and more the more I play it and probably almost as much as Iron Maiden now! Really great. Nothing like a 6 ball Toy Box multiball where you re-lock while in multiball - it’s a rush!

Yeah it is and hate to sell it, especially with new code around the corner, just getting ready to sell and buy a new home and want to be slightly more liquid over this month for the just in case. If there are no takers in the next week will keep it.

#6932 5 years ago

Continuing to clear out stuff in preparation for our move. Ad up for my Whirlwind CPR silver playfield.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/65786

Aerosmith still available as well.

#6934 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Aerosmith still available as well.

I completely forgot to mention this. Not that it adds any value but I think is kind of cool. The translight is signed by Borg and Donny.

#6936 5 years ago

Bump for Aerosmith and final price drop. Other than a couple days at CAX it’s a HUO game for 4600 firm. Gas money gets it up to San Jose or down to Anaheim as early as Thursday evening or Sunday.

1 month later
#7065 5 years ago

Wouldn’t mind a Gottlieb Strikes N Spares for the right price. I know it’s not really a pinball game other than the form factor but just thinking about having an oddball in the mix.

#7069 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Definitly fun if you got a few players to compete against.

Exactly, and thats the key to it.... definitely not a single player game, or at least would get real boaring real fast single player.

#7100 5 years ago

Still interested in finding a Gottlieb Strikes N Spares.

3 weeks later
#7177 5 years ago

Excitement of the auction and failure to consider fees will get people. Plus add in a mix of folks who probably aren’t actually aware of values beyond asking prices on ebay and poof go the deals.

8 months later
#7997 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

If it isn't a personal grail pin or a King Kong, BBB etc... paying current retail prices for a used machine is not something that a lot of people are interested in.

Pretty much where I’m at too. I’m actually having some fun chasing down a couple non pin items to round out my game room which are a fraction of the cost and need to get do some work on the room itself before I bring any more games home.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=merccat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.