(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,701 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by TrevT2
  • Topic is favorited by 460 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mark532011.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8270 4 years ago

Not sure if you guys know but the Seattle area is doing a container buy from Italy. Still lots of good machines left. It’s a bit of a drive from cal but the prices are good and you might be able to get a uhaul and combine a few

http://container.proludio.com/

#8273 4 years ago

They buy a bunch from Italy, they are wrapped up and sent in a container through the Panama Canal. Then once cleared customs we all go over to the guys house, load them up and head home. Some guys bring trailers and I know one had a uhaul last year.

The machines need to be converted to us power and are usually dirty but it’s a good price. I know some Oregon guys participate and I thought if you guys could coordinate a uhaul to bring down 6-10 games it might be worth it financially.

3 months later
#8568 4 years ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

WTB: Hot Tip (Williams 1972), EM or Solid State.
A friend of a friend has started chemo and is looking for his childhood favorite to play when he is up to it. I don’t think they are mechanically inclined but we have a tech on deck to get a machine playable.
Delivery would be to Bay Area.
If anyone has a Hot Tip on where to find a Hot Tip, I’d be very grateful.
Thanks a million!

I have a hot tip (ss) in the Seattle area, plays great. If we could figure out a way to get it down there I would part with it

4 months later
#8878 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Sorry you had this experience with this local flipper and I appreciate you being willing to share your experience here.
I am a sucker for good copy, love reading the ads and imagining the game in my collection. But I have learned the hard way to never believe the hype.
My current approach is unless If I don't have personal experience with the seller, extraordinary leverage with the seller, money to burn, am not in the mood for an unpleasant surprise, or feel like gambling on being ripped off; I won't buy a used game sight unseen.
Ad Glossary:
NOOB (New Out Of Box)
adjective
1. Used
2. Another way to lie about a used pinball machine
HUO (Home Use Only)
adjective
1. Used
Low Plays
adjective
1. Used
X Number of Plays
adjective
1. Used
First Owner
adjective
1. Used
All joking aside the above can all be used in a sincere way but since so many people don't use it in a sincere way why use them at all.
They are meaningless, instead use meaningful and verifiable facts about the machine in your post and use good detailed pictures.
Flowery unverifiable words should be drummed out of the hobby.

don't forget, "have not plugged it in, not guaranteed to work"
1. tried it and it doesn't work

2 years later
#11339 1 year ago

I tried to get my niece interested in pinball (she is in her 20's)

She looked at it totally deer-in-the-headlights and said "what do I do with it?"

After showing her the flippers and 10 seconds of "try and hit things to get a high score" she played one ball, lasted about 10 seconds and when it drained, she walked away "this is stupid"

You just never know

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mark532011.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=mark532011 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.