(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,710 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 461 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1202 9 years ago

Anyone have a Star Trek Pro for sale in Socal?

#1231 9 years ago

I'm assuming this is talking about the Corona or Lake Elsinore flippers. I got what I thought was a very fair trade (A nice enough cftbl for a flawless huo johnny and $400) from one of them... maybe David? The game was listed on eBay a day or two later for at least a grand more than my cash asking price that got zero interest here or anywhere else. Frankly, if either of those guys can get more for the games than I can that's not their fault. I find it more a shame that buyers seem so much less interested in paying a fair market value for a game from me, that's been well taken care of, obsessively cleaned and working 100% but have no problem shelling out more from a reseller that's not into the hobby for anything more than profit.

1 week later
#1293 8 years ago

Still looking to move a solid Quick Draw out... not the prettiest game but hardly in bad shape either. Plays great, fully shopped (torn all the way down, every part cleaned and polished) and works flawlessly. All reasonable offers considered.

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

Sold.

1 month later
#1538 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I know this isn't NORMALLY the place for this, but this is probably the most active spot...
I'll be in Anaheim for work next week. Where should I check out locally to play some pinball???

The only place I can really think of that's kinda local is Hardy's Arcade in downtown Fullerton. It's in the back of a comic book shop called Comic Hero U at the train station. 5 nice games (whirlwind, walking dead, creature, sttng and maybe electra or doctor who) but last time I was there the Walking Dead was having GI issues—apparently a common fault. Orange County is kind of a wasteland for location pinball. If you wanted to make the trek to downtown LA, Eighty Two barcade and Pins and Needles have awesome lineups and if you wanted to head inland to downtown Riverside, there's 8 Killer and well maintained pins at Lake Alice. The food at Lake Alice is pretty awful though, so I would look elsewhere for dinner if you care about that kinda thing. And that drive really really sucks.

1 month later
#1702 8 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

lol, I was offered a Mazda RX8 for my AC/DC, and I wasn't even looking for trades.

I'll trade you my Tomy Atomic (with original box) for the RX8... LMK.

#1731 8 years ago

I have a Who Dunnit I'd like to move once I'm back from ReplayFx. Would prefer a trade up, down or sideways for a newer Stern (2010ish til now), classic Stern (esp a Cheetah) or a better System 11 title. Might even consider a weird 80s Gottlieb. This WHD? is a very nice game, had a full teardown, clean and polish and plays beautifully.

#1735 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Let's talk when you get back if you are still interested??

Yeah, still interested. I'll message you next monday.

1 week later
#1821 8 years ago

Looking for a specific game or two... in or within a few hours drive of socal preferred but would pay to ship a Cyclopes if necessary. Not looking for any major projects, only nice playable games. Thanks!

Williams Space Station
Stern Cheetah
Gameplan Cyclopes

And to a lesser extent, the following:
Williams Barracora
Williams Time Fantasy
Williams Warlok
Bally Mystic
Bally Viking
Bally Special Force
Stern Star Gazer
Stern Magic

#1825 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Time for a Cyclopes VE. I know about 50 people looking...

Yeah, I've heard... the flavor of the decade I guess.

2 weeks later
#1910 8 years ago

I still have a WHO dunnit available after no deals were able to be done previously. This WHD? is a very nice game, had a full teardown, clean and polish and plays beautifully.

As before, would prefer a trade up, down or sideways for a newer Stern (2010ish til now, not too fussy), classic Stern (esp a Cheetah) or a better, less common System 11 title (Space Station anyone?!?). Might even consider another weird 80s Gottlieb. If I can't make a trade for something reasonable, 2.4k firm will buy it outright, but would MUCH prefer a trade.

Some more...
Williams Barracora
Williams Time Fantasy
Williams Warlok
Bally Mystic
Bally Viking
Bally Special Force
Stern Star Gazer
Stern Magic
Another classic Stern?

1 week later
#1974 8 years ago

Bump for Who Dunnit still available... I'll add High Speed to the list of games I'd be interested in. Also looking for a nicer Williams EM like Satin Doll or Argosy.

2 weeks later
#2069 8 years ago

Still have a lovely Who Dunnit available in SoCal. Trade +/- cash for something different. Always looking for interesting games, 80s and up. Would love a nice High Speed, a newer Stern of some sort, some other less common system 11 or an interesting Gottlieb System 80.

#2084 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

hah, that reminds me of when i told Rare Hero my working hours. He's like you wake up at 4:30....in the morning!?! WTF is wrong with you. lol.
yea, i go to bed at 9:30pm. is that freakishly early too?

Yeah, apparently. I need 8 hours man...

#2085 8 years ago
Quoted from BumperMcBaulhogh:

Jay in Santa Ana is a good dude and treats his pins well. Transact with confidence.

Thanks McB...

#2112 8 years ago

Found a good home for Who Dunnit so it is now traded. Thanks for all the offers.

#2116 8 years ago

A friend of mine hit me up that he'd like to get rid of his BK2K. He's not a pinsider and not a "pinball community" guy so I offered to facilitate. The game is a players condition example with mylar and some bubbling/hazing around the inserts. I don't recall any actual playfield wear though, and I helped him shop it out a few years ago so it's still pretty clean and very playable. He's looking for a DMD game of some kind, so a trade +/- cash would be great, but probably for a more "bang for buck" title. Sega, DE (no Mel Gibson games) or a decent WPC of some kind should work. Otherwise, straight sale for 2k. Message if there's any interest and I'll provide pics.

2 weeks later
#2211 8 years ago
Quoted from Hana9so:

Looking to sell my Royal Flush. Repainted cab, and has been completely gone through not too long ago. Everything works great! The playfield is very nice (few small touch ups around inserts), and the backglass is nice also (it is going pink where the reds are in some areas).
Looking to get $1000 for it. Trades also considered

Played this last night... it's NICE and set up perfectly. GLWS!

1 month later
#2373 8 years ago
Quoted from Crans:

Glass was bought some time ago and contacted them but no touch up paint or replay has surfaced. Seems after reading others horror stories I could have gotten a worse glass.
The cabinet is solid with the usual dings. The red paint has become white. Possible prior owner started to repaint the yellow but not really sure.
She's definitely not a pice for any museum but could be I'd your bank account is endless.

PM Sent!

2 months later
#2724 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

At some point I'm going to sell my Mystic, Eight Ball Deluxe, and Medusa. I really enjoy them all, but with limited space I'll probably move on from my early Bally stage. But Flash Gordon? That one is staying.

Any interesting in trading something for Mystic? Or maybe a temp swap for Viking before you decide to sell?

#2726 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We talked temp swaps before man, I'm down, you know I trust you with my games.

Cool, let's do it sometime next month.

1 month later
#3109 8 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

If you aren't going to follow Pinside rules about posting for sale threads you could at least give us a price...thanx

Hook is in the marketplace, not sure about the others.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/31182

1 month later
#3513 7 years ago

Looking to trade my Space Station for a High Speed. +/- cash depending on condition.

1 week later
#3597 7 years ago

Still looking for a respectable High Speed. Have a Space Station to trade +/- cash or can buy outright.

4 months later
#4554 7 years ago

Interested in trading a Batman Dark Knight.

Will trade 1 for 2, 1 for 1, +/- cash, whatever works.

Looking for a nice Solid State Stern, nice Data East, System 11 (especially High Speed), a Bally Flash Gordon, Special Force or something else interesting. Only modern games I'm heavily interested in right now are Congo, AFM, CSI, WOF. There are probably others too though, so if you're interested in a BDK and have games to move, feel free to hit me up.

2 weeks later
#4628 7 years ago

Still have a BDK for trade... this was an operated game but the playfield has remained in exceptional shape with very little shooter wear and almost no scarecrow wear, I took every single part off this playfield for cleaning and polishing. It also has LED inserts and LED OCD board.
Will trade 1 for 2, 1 for 1, +/- cash, whatever works.
Looking for:
Solid State Stern
Nice Data East—Tommy, LAH, JP etc.
System 11—High Speed (especially), Funhouse, Dr Dude, Swords of Fury, something else?
Bally—Flash Gordon, Special Force, Aquarius, something else?
WPC—Congo, AFM, Whitewater, something else?
Stern—CSI, WOF, others?

Added over 8 years ago: No longer available.

4 weeks later
#4725 7 years ago

Looking for a High Speed or classic Stern. In no particular order... Meteor, Galaxy, F2K, Star Gazer, Magic, Ali, Lectronamo, Stars, Big Game, Cheetah, Quicksilver, Nine Ball, Sea Witch

4 months later
#5226 7 years ago

If you're trying to buy WPCs and newer Sterns, Captain's is beyond ridiculous. But occasionally the really good stuff shows up and you can get a Lectronamo for $375 or an Argosy for $450 ...

#5230 7 years ago

Anyone in Orange County have an old sheet of WPC widebody (TZ etc.) glass available? Maybe one that was replaced with glare free? Had a sheet explode on me yesterday... first time in 7 years of moving and working on games.

#5235 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

I have a bunch of old glass have to check if I have a wide body, but I'm in Santa Clarita, if I have one and you want to make the drive, it's yours.

I really appreciate the offer but it's probably a bit too far to drive for now.

#5236 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ugh, such a PITA when that happens. On or off the game? Cut you up any? I had a sheet explode in my hands, lacerated the shit out of me.

In the game coming out so mostly broke over the apron. Not cuts but got a splinter that seems to have come out fine. It wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been that's for sure but not an easy piece of glass to replace on short notice.

4 weeks later
#5401 7 years ago

Anyone have a Godzilla for sale?

1 month later
#5530 6 years ago

A nice looking, working Wild Fyre does not deserve to be parted out. Please, nobody buy this for that purpose.

Quoted from boogies:

Wild Fyre -,
sacramento.craigslist.org link

1 month later
#5639 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It wasn't bad if you brought your own lantern or flashlight for general illumination, but unlike the Hobbit at least it was on.

I'll have to get over to Linbrook by the end of this weekend since I assume it will be working ok for a few days, break, and be ignored until it no longer turns on.

Does anyone know who the operator over there is?

1 month later
#5831 6 years ago

Anyone in the Orange County area replace their working Stern DMD (2000s era) with a color DMD and feel like letting go of the old one? I have an outgassing unit that needs replacing. Have cash to trade... thanks!

1 year later
#7764 5 years ago
Quoted from SpamMusubi310:

Any interest in a nice STTNG with black powder coated rails and lockdown bar, NVRAM, and LEDS throughout? Currently has an LED Color DMD installed, but can be reverted back to stock. Located in north-west Orange County.
Thanks!
- Mark

I know someone that's looking for a STTNG. If you're selling outright, PM me and I'll connect you two.

3 months later
#8304 4 years ago

Interested in the following games if anything is available... I love projects (at project pricing) but will buy nicer stuff too if available. PM if you’ve got anything...

Congo
Bram Stokers Dracula
High Speed
Harlem Globetrotters
Stern Big Game
Gottlieb Vegas
Gottlieb Deadly Weapon

Other classic Stern or Bally and weird SS Gottlieb stuff always considered.

Added over 5 years ago:

BSD found... still looking for others.

#8318 4 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

Bout this one ?
losangeles.craigslist.org link
Hey if you're parting with the genesis or hoop I'm interested.

It’s too expensive to have that nasty burnt mylar all over (IMO anyway) and the seller is firm. Hoops and Genesis will be sold when I die, so hopefully not anytime soon. Never hurts to ask though!

10 months later
#9060 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I should talk to Gene and Jay at mission control now that you mention it Mark. Good idea! Ive asked Jay several times about those stairs last year and always shake my head thinking Im glad its not me....oops.

If I actually made enough money operating games it might make sense but for what you'd have to charge, I'd be giving up way too much of the earnings to have it be worth it. As for the stairs, it's bad sometimes. New Sterns are nothing though... they weigh less then an old Bally now that there's like half the mechs, half the wire, a folded metal backbox and no transformer. In any case, hope to run into you out and about some day soon.

#9066 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

No beer for me but I am looking forward to going back to mission control. I am fascinated by the abandoned church across the street.

Unfortunately, the church you're probably thinking of burned down about a month ago.

6 months later
#9631 3 years ago

Last Action Hero for sale in Santa Ana. Mention @pinb0t's BSD for sale in San Diego ad and get $100 off.

#9635 3 years ago

Excuse me. Your joking, right?

I think so, seeing as how my CL ad mentions not doing either of these things... (because if you don’t mention these things, one’s inbox gets filled with lowball offers, people trying to trade you broken microwave ovens or buy every game they can barely make out in a pic).

#9636 3 years ago
Quoted from jay:

I think so, seeing as how my CL ad mentions no lowballers and that nothing else is for sale... (because if you don’t mention these things, one’s inbox gets filled with lowball offers, people trying to trade you broken microwave ovens or buy every game they can kinda make out in the photos).

#9637 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Warning: disturbing image included in the for sale ad.

Woah, you’re right. There’s no wire harnesses running into the head!!

#9641 3 years ago

$2500 is a great price for this fun game! GLWS!
So..Your saying the yellow metal trash can and guitar are not for sale?

For you Eric, I'd consider letting go of the trash can. But you have to take what's inside.

4 months later
#10059 2 years ago

Anyone looking to move a High Speed in/around SoCal?

1 month later
#10168 2 years ago

Selling a Lethal Weapon 3. $2950 OBRO. Shopped and all, works perfect. Pics on Craigs List OC if you're interested.

Added over 3 years ago:

$2900 OBO

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/116925

#10171 2 years ago

Now $2900 OBRO

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Lethal Weapon 3 Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Lethal Weapon 3 for sale. Fully shopped, cleaned everywhere, not just where I could reach with a rag. New rubber, all bulbs switches and coils tested and working perfectly. Flipper...”
2021-06-29
Santa Ana, CA
2,900 (OBO)
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 235 times
Contributed to Pinside

4 months later
#10701 2 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Any place in Southern California have a Godzilla to play? I’d like to try this one to see if I like it.

AYCE, Linnbrook Bowl, Open Market OC and Captain’s Arcade Showroom. Mission Control will have one soonish as well.

#10703 2 years ago

It’s gonna be a pro.

1 year later
#11856 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Does anyone have a F-14 that they are willing to part with?
Robert

I have a pretty nice one I’m currently working on that should be available in a few weeks but I’m in SoCal. If that’s not a deal breaker, feel free to reachout privately.

7 months later
#12308 6 months ago

Selling a Demo Man locally. It's a players game but the playfield is really nice and it's freshly shopped and ready to go. Pics on Craig's List. 3800 OBO.

2 weeks later
#12354 5 months ago

My previously operated Demo Man is still available. This game was out at Mission Control and then Riverside Game Lab for a few years time so it's possible you played it at either location. I've shopped it out since it came back (removed the ramps to clean, none of this "where I can reach" stuff) and tuned up all the things that needed tuning—fresh flipper rebuilds, rubber, cleaned the optos in the claw mech and so forth. It's a nice game, that actually plays great (smooth ramp feeds and other things are important to me) and there's LEDs throughout. It also has the updated ROM which disables choosing the same claw award over and over so you must play through them all. This may not seem like a big thing but the game is truly, so much more fun this way.

Now asking $3600 but considering reasonable offers in case anyone is interested. No trades (I'm completely out of room sadly) and local pickup in Santa Ana only.

post.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#12371 5 months ago

Last call for Demo Man... I'm going to put this in storage this week if nobody is interested. I'll do $3200.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.