(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,701 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by TrevT2
  • Topic is favorited by 460 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6132 6 years ago

awww, pfffft.
What was the Bally/Williams game?

3 months later
#6625 5 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Pinballmap.com isn't always right, so it may be worth a call to this place to see if it is still there and set up properly:
https://pinballmap.com/la?utf8=%E2%9C%93&by_machine_id=2572&by_machine_name=
70 miles each way to evaluate a $7,000+ purchase isn't insane.

Captains Auction has a hobbit for sale tomorrow, they let you try the games between 9 am and 11 am. In Anaheim

4 months later
#7181 5 years ago

Selling some games to make room.
Road Show nice pf, cab, tasteful leds, small scratch on translite, $3200
No Fear, nice pf, faded cab, leds, $2000
Will post ad for NF soon, if you are interested to see them in person, I'm in San Fernando valley near LA

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Road Show Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Selling my really nice Red & Ted's Road Show to make room for an Iron Maden on order. Has a really nice playfield with no wear (no Fish wear either!). Has a nice Translite but ...”
2018-09-22
Valdosta, GA
Archived after: 22 days
Viewed: 279 times
Contributed to Pinside

Added over 6 years ago:

No Fear ad (price went up when Pinside suggested the new price): https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/69286

3 months later
#7429 5 years ago

I sold my RS for $3200 a couple months ago here in LA. It was in really good condition. I had it up at $3400 for a couple of months with no takers. If you are patient you might get more but if you want to move it you might want to remove the accessories and try again.

3 months later
#7757 5 years ago
Quoted from Pball:

Selling one of my Haunted Houses. It needs a bit of work to find the connection that causes audio to stop working intermittently. Mechanically everything works great.

Sent a PM, if you still have it, just got to find a way to ship it to LA (isn’t there someone who regularly makes runs up and down CA?)

Machine - For Sale

Haunted House

New!

Used - shows wear, needs some work “Selling one of my Haunted Houses. The sound on this one sometimes stops working and I've never dug in to debug it. It was working yesterday when I took the pictures and didn't th...”

12 hours ago

San Jose, CA

Pball

#7758 5 years ago

Sent a PM, if you still have it, just got to find a way to ship it to LA (isn’t there someone who regularly makes runs up and down CA?)

Quoted from Pball:

Selling one of my Haunted Houses. It needs a bit of work to find the connection that causes audio to stop working intermittently. Mechanically everything works great.

Machine - For Sale

Haunted House

New!

Used - shows wear, needs some work “Selling one of my Haunted Houses. The sound on this one sometimes stops working and I've never dug in to debug it. It was working yesterday when I took the pictures and didn't th...”

12 hours ago

San Jose, CA

Pball

1 week later
#7793 5 years ago

Selling a Spring Break. LMK your interest

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Spring Break Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Spring Break pinball machine, great condition. A great first game for your family that has a ramp, habitrail, multiball, 4 flippers, Spuds McKenzie, and fun 80s Gottlieb music sou...”
2019-09-23
Valdosta, GA
1,285 (OBO)
Archived after: 17 days
Viewed: 766 times
Contributed to Pinside

#7795 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarson:

Selling a Spring Break. LMK your interest

Price dropped!

Machine - For Sale

Spring Break

New!

Fully shopped/refurbished “Spring Break pinball machine, great condition, fully shopped out with new rubbers, flippers, bulbs, pop bumpers rebuilt, all plastics cleaned and look great, you have to see the ga...”

1,350 (OBO)

Mark sale pending
Edit ad details
End ad listing

2 weeks later
#7898 4 years ago

Woohoo! Will it be at AYCE on Thursday?

4 months later
#8430 4 years ago

Up for sale is a nice Haunted House. New rubbers, Back glass looks near perfect, playfields have a little wear, cab decent. Plays 100%
Located in North LA
I put up an ad with photos of the game. photos were from the previous sale but the game still looks the same, will swap out the photos tonight with the most current ones.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Haunted House Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Very nice HH with excellent cabinet, playfields are pretty nice but have a little wear in the normal spots for an HH, plays and looks great overall. New rubbers, nice plastics. Has...”
2019-09-24
Valdosta, GA
Archived after: 14 days
Viewed: 403 times
Contributed to Pinside

Note: added current photos

1 week later
#8460 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

What the heck is the deal with that fan blades on the inside of that thing?

It might have something to do with being a randomizer. They used fans in old slot machines to add a random element to the mechanics.

7 months later
#9041 3 years ago

Putting up my Jack*Bot today. Did a complete top-side tear-down, Removed mylar and buffed the playfield-looks super sweet, cleaned all the mechs, new plastic set, new bagatelle with clear posts and clear silicone rubber, new pop plastics, new flipper buttons (blue and red of course), all LED, Rebuilt pops, flippers, and a bunch more, new DMD, new speaker/DMD plastic window, Everything working 100%, cab has some red fade like most, and a few touch ups. $ or trade +-$

#9046 3 years ago

Price drop!

Added over 4 years ago:

(Sale Pending)

4 months later
#9502 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Anybody want my ID4?
sfbay.craigslist.org link

Great price!

2 weeks later
#9527 3 years ago

Listed a MBLE today, $100 off for CA For Sale club members:

Also a players condition Taxi, with or without extra parts (nos cleared PF, new plastics, new spin out ramp, rails, wiring harness, topper-dome).

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Taxi Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Taxi Marylin version, players condition. Everything works, it’s all there. Playfield is bare in some spots, spin out ramp is cracked, departures ramp is cracked, cab has a few di...”
2020-11-01
Los Angeles, CA
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 346 times
Contributed to Pinside

#9561 3 years ago

I have a Stampede EM, without the cabinet. It’s a project!
Free to a good home.
I might draft you into helping move a treadmill into a moving pod.
No backglass, but the guts, power supply, backbox reels, and playfield are all there. Was told it worked before someone ripped it out of a cabinet destined for a VPC. Don’t want to make an ad because I then would get charged. Pm me your interest.

#9562 3 years ago

Also have a Harlem for sale, project, but works:

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
As is - “Up for sale here is a fabulous Harlem machine. Playfield needs some paint. Everything functions and plays on this game. The cabinet needs to be restored. The backglass is flaking. ...”
2020-11-15
Sylmar, CA
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 517 times
Contributed to Pinside

Prefer local pickup by Monday

#9573 3 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

come on, you're going to clutch that thing all the way to Georgia where there's plenty of pins...

I wish! I'm moving to a pinball desert. Have a look at the pin map, there are no locations where I'm at. I might have to become an operator!

2 months later
#9771 3 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Off Topic, but looking for a pair of Hydro Thunders in nice shape. Thanks Mike

Might want to check Captains Auction happening Friday

#9774 3 years ago

You definitely have to know what an item is worth, but I've seen big sit-down cabs like this go for incredibly cheap prices sometimes. It's large size keeps most home buyers out, and if the title is old, then operators don't want it either. I've seen people buy these and rip them apart in the parking lot to get the monitors and boards out, throwing the cab in the trash.
As for the cost to buy something, that happens at most Auctions I know of. I moved to Georgia, and went to an auction up in Tennessee, and it was 22% after buyers premium, sales tax, and credit card charge. If you bring cash you can usually save 3%.
Best bet for any auction is list the items you want to bid on, do research to see what you are willing to pay, grab your calculator to figure out the fees, and set your max price you are willing to go. That will give you the information you need to be able to bid up to what makes sense, and stop bidding if it goes too high for you.

#9798 3 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Off Topic, but looking for a pair of Hydro Thunders in nice shape. Thanks Mike

So there were 3 Hydro Thunders at Captains. One was working and the other 2 were not. The working one went for $850 ($1,054 after fees), and the 2 non-working went for $200 ea ($248 w/fees).

https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/59?page=1&key=thunder&sale=undefined&catm=any&order=order_num&xclosed=no&featured=no&view=comp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=jarson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.