(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,710 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 461 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakefattie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10773 2 years ago

total newbie here, please don't give me the gutter ball! I've only been pinball obsessed for a year and half, since I built a VPin cab at the beginning of covid. I'm dying to get a real pinball now, which seems to be the wrong time, but I figured I'd ask here. I seek only ANY PYTHON ANGHELO pin for $2000 or less! I love his art and all the Williams tables from this time and would just love to have one in my den. Anyone in Cali want to unload/help a newbie? Also, realistically, how complex is it to safely transport an older machine for someone who is pretty handy but never has. I know you are suppose to take the balls out, is that pretty straightforward? Thanks, dudes!

#10779 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Or coffee table?
rd

you guys don't call them tables? is that a Vpin thing?

#10796 2 years ago

so many more machines on the east coast. is it just population density or is pinball actually more popular back there? :-/

3 weeks later
#10843 2 years ago

Merry Christmas, Cali Pin Dudes!

2 months later
#10989 2 years ago

NOT my ad, but I just had to share it here. It does seem to me, a total newb who has been following the market for only a year or so now, that maybe there is a grain of truth here? Have the high end prices stalled the market?

lasvegas.craigslist.org link

1 month later
#11044 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

im looking for system 11 machine, let me know what you have.

me too. $3k

1 week later
#11064 2 years ago

Anyone want a sweet custom built 4k virtual pinball? Looking to trade for Williams system 11 or equivalent pin. (ad price of $1000 is without the computer. $3000 with the computer and 500 vpx tables)

losangeles.craigslist.org link

2 weeks later
#11096 1 year ago

Anyone have a Taxi they are ready to part with?

Added 23 months ago:

no longer looking, thanks everyone!

#11112 1 year ago

so... pinball flippers are basically ruining this hobby for everybody else. I was set up to buy this machine (for 6200) and my wife freaked and I had to cancel (lost my $100 deposit). imagine my surprise a few days later when it shows up on craigslist for $1300 more. Obviously I don't have any skin in the game at this point (my wife has my by the (for)skin apparently), but it sucks for anyone looking for a reasonably priced machine that any half way decent deals are instantly eaten up by flippers who are keeping prices artificially high. I hope they get stuck with all this stock of expensive games when the market crashes. sfbay.craigslist.org link

#11117 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Was this originally 6500? My buddy wanted to buy it. He only has one T2. Now he can buy it for 7500.

yep, but I'm sure our flipper "friend" got it for closer to $6k.

#11126 1 year ago

someone posted this on craigslist... the pitchforks are sharpening! inlandempire.craigslist.org link

#11131 1 year ago

+1000000 points to waveman for not being a scalper! That comet looks sweet and is near irresistible at that price. I'm sure it'll be gone in the next 24 hours, and hopefully to a budding young pinhead who will play the heck out of it.

#11134 1 year ago

Ok... so kinda off topic but not really. I'm kinda new here, but this is my favorite spot on the whole internet these days Last night I realized I can check out, quite easily, everyone's collection. And I gotta say, "what gives??" I can see a normal person having one, two, maybe even three machines (like an old classic, a 80's/90's classic, and a modern Stern) but there are tons of people on here who have 10, 20 or more pins! So, if you have more than 10 is it because a) you are a millionaire and have a giant house and no one tells you what to do, b) you are a professional and these games get routed and this is your income, c) your whole life and house is devoted to this hobby and you have no wife/family...? Not trying to insult anyone, just trying to understand how some one can have a few hundred thousand dollars worth of pinball machines and a family too.

#11141 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

They all fit in the man cave garage aquired over time.

that must be a beautiful garage, you've got a fantastic (and tasteful, imho) collection!

#11150 1 year ago

Wow I dig these stories but you all are also kind of scaring me! I love pinball and think these machines (mostly the older ones) are beautiful, but they are so big and heavy and I really don't want them to take over my life and my house! Maybe it's better for me they are not so cheap now because there is no way I could resist a classic under $1000 pin. My last hobby was tube audio and after buying up 6 or 7 amplifiers I forced myself to stop. (I've been selling them now, saving for a good pin). Right now I've just had my first pin (Time Warp) for about three months and the great thing is, since it's the only game, we all play it and are starting to get good at it, and really appreciate it as an older, simpler game. (what it's really training me at is pushing the machine around). I feel like if/when I buy a more exciting machine we will all abandon poor old Time Warp. Maybe I'll just keep a one pin at a time policy... Anyway, thanks for giving me a little insight into the depth of this disease!

#11167 1 year ago

Just putting this out there... I see what's on the market... but ISO an affordable, players condition THE GETAWAY!

#11170 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

I’m also looking to trade my high speed for a demo man, bride of Pinbot, pinbot, earth shaker, whirlwind, or pretty much any wpc game.

I've got a players condition working project Time Warp I'd trade for your High Speed (plus some cash on my end)....?

#11172 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

Not really interested in any game before the year 1986, what else do you have?

sorry, that's all I got!

2 weeks later
#11216 1 year ago

Any recommendations for a repair guy in southern California? As close to San Fernando valley as possible... Thx.

#11222 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Look in the mirror. YOU CAN DO IT!
What issues are you having? There are so many great repair guides that can help you do most things yourself.

Thanks Man! I am trying first, I promise! I just wanted a number to have in my back pocket, but I will always come here first for advice/help!

1 month later
#11345 1 year ago

What's the story with On Tilt in the valley? I was at the Korean BBQ location on sepulveda and sherman way and they had updated their selection since last time with many new classics, all in great shape. And all the new sterns are 50cents to play! Kinda a dream arcade and clearly the best pinball I know in so cal. I thought I heard they were a dealer, but they don't seem to have a presence here on pinside? Somebody loves pinball and loves sharing because there is no way they are making money on so many sweet machines and so few players. Is there a SoCal discussion thread I should be posting this on instead?

1 week later
#11383 1 year ago

so... recommendations on someone to do a full shop job on my Getaway here in southern california? The machine is in good players condition but I'm just wondering how much time/money it would take to make it fast and pristine? I feel I've taken it as far as I can go myself for now... Thanks in advance!

1 month later
#11486 1 year ago

Put my Getaway up in North Hollywood. Would love to make a trade!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/141232

3 weeks later
2 weeks later
#11574 1 year ago
Quoted from Grimstead:

Here is my long shot post
WTB - The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
Preferably SCal

reno... reno.craigslist.org link

4 weeks later
#11614 1 year ago
Quoted from JackG:

Jokerz for 900 on Craigslist if you're in the Ventura area:
ventura.craigslist.org link

Just curious if anyone here grabbed this? I was tempted but timing was not right for me.

3 weeks later
#11652 1 year ago

good deal for someone? (not my ad)...

sfbay.craigslist.org link

4 months later
#11916 1 year ago

I doubt that will be the case with modern stern's giving their prices. Has a star trek pro really appreciated in price since it was released?

1 month later
#12023 11 months ago

Am I the only one who feels like there are absolutely no deals left on pinball in California? All the old classics are $3k, the 90's greats are as much or more as the new Sterns, and the used Sterns are barely cheaper than the new ones. I know it's no one's fault, but as hobbiest it takes the fun out the game a bit.

Speaking of which, anyone have a reasonably priced players condition Cyclone they want to re-home?

#12030 11 months ago

Yeah there is definitely stagnation at the top of the market with all new games coming out and everyone trying to get top dollar for the old stuff so they can make room. I think it's worse here in California compared to the East where there are more machines and more opportunities and more competition. Anything interesting that is reasonably priced out here gets snapped up fast, as it should be. But I don't see the $5000+ games moving so fast.

At this point any 80's or 90's came between $2k and 3K is a deal in cali. :-/

2 months later
3 months later
#12376 5 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm looking for an original low play unmolested Shadow with no sanctum burn and cash in hand.
Thank you

u saw this? stockton.craigslist.org link

3 weeks later
#12425 4 months ago

look at this metallica pro on LA craigslist for $5k. Not mine, not a friend of mine, not a game I'm interested, but that seems like a great price. Maybe the bubble has really burst...

losangeles.craigslist.org link

#12426 4 months ago

there's a metallica pro for $5k in Long Beach craigslist right now. Not mine, not a friend of mine, not a game I'm interested in, but, man, that's a good price! Probably be gone in a hot flash, or maybe the bubble really has burst??

#12427 4 months ago

wtf? I can't post here

#12429 4 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

One too many fatties fAttie.
All good, HAppy holidAys!

It weren't me, bro, swear to God! Pinside was acting up. I ain't touched the devil's lettuce in almost a month!

#12432 4 months ago

sheet. good point! did not even realize they were the same pics when nickrivers posted that link. :-/ good call, guys!

#12437 4 months ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

There's some weird stuff going on with posts in this thread. Keeps buggin out on me too

I'm not crazy! for some reason news posts for me are showing up in the middle of the thread instead of the end where they belong. but a few minutes later everything is normal.

I've got a new computer so I thought it was maybe something with this wicked fast Mac Studio, but...

#12444 4 months ago

yeah this mac studio is so fast it circles the internet a thousand times and posts back in time 7 days ago...

meanwhile the Metallica ad is still up which makes it doubly suspicious.

2 weeks later
#12489 3 months ago
Quoted from keeganhayes:

Liquidated the collection last year to buy a house, built the savings back up and in the market.
Looking for something <$5000, would love a project but I know they’re few and far between these days.
Short list: WCS94, X-Files, Whirlwind, BSD, Getaway, but pretty much open to anything System 11 or later. Not super interested in new sterns since there are plenty on location near me.
In LA near Pasadena.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/169866

I've also got a Jokerz that's I'd do for $2k, needs a little work but not much.

2 weeks later
#12526 3 months ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

I have a Star Trek Vault with color Dmd, glare guard, shaker, led buttons and trough light and movie code, with a sub hook up.
Anyone want to trade anything for it?

love to trade my Sharkey's for it! plus cash!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/169866

2 months later
#12685 17 days ago
Quoted from FreeGoldWatch:

Looking for a Sharkey’s Shootout if anyone has one they would be willing to sell. PM me.

PM'd you

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakefattie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=jakefattie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.