(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,710 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 461 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4180 7 years ago

WTB CSI, anyone in SoCal have one that they want to sell?

5 years later
#10428 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Suspicious now. Same pic.
Whatever, 1200, something was always up.

I’m talking to the guy who is flipping the LW3. Has anyone else talked to him? I’m getting a little suspicious vibe but that’s why I don’t do Craigslist or Offer Up usually.

#10448 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

That ad seemed really suspicious. He "knew" they sold for $6k+ yet he was listing it below market value at $1200? Yeah I dunno about that, I don't think I'd walk into that pickup without some heavy backup.

Hey everyone, I just went and looked at the Lethal Weapon 3 pinball, and was not murdered. The seller actually lives a couple minutes from me, so it was easy to check out. He was in a bidding war with a few other guys for the pin in Lancaster when he got it, but he didn't say how much he paid. I didn't ask. To each their own.

He asked for 1800 which seemed like a pretty good deal, so I went to check it out. Problem is that it was heavily routed. The cabinet needs to be sanded down, wood filled into the lockbar holes and around the edges, and decals added. He was a pretty nice guy and offered to help me work on it to get it into shape. It needs a shop job on it, the usual with routed pins. It needs some items replaced, like new flipper bats, a target which he has, probably some more little things here and there. It's a route, so no LEDs of course. But had mylar in spots on the playfield that changed the ball movement, and I really don't like messing with mylar. I didn't go into too much detail after that. I wasn't tire kicking, but I was looking for a player's pin instead of a project. So I passed. I already have a Tommy project, and at the end of the day, I don't think LW3 would last long in my lineup.

Anyway, if any of you are looking for a below 2k pin in the LA area, then it seems like a pretty decent deal. And he's a really nice guy, so you can proceed with confidence.

#10450 2 years ago

The guy on Offer Up just said he'd take 1000 cash for the LW3 and that he needs money. I'm still not interested if any of you want to hit him up. Makes me a little nervous though.

#10453 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:The guy on Offer Up just said he'd take 1000 cash for the LW3 and that he needs money. I'm still not interested if any of you want to hit him up. Makes me a little nervous though.

Also, on a side note, he had a friend who’s 3x bigger than any one I know. I thought it might be to protect him from crazies, but…

#10454 2 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

If you want to move out that Tommy project, I would be interested in it.

Want to get Tommy shopped so I could play it for a while first.

#10464 2 years ago
Quoted from SoCalPinballs:I purchased the game. Jason is a cool guy. I have bought machines from him and he has bought machines from me. Definitely not sketchy. However the machine needs to be completely sanded down and decals applied because the paint has flaked off it completely on the head and most of the body. It’s going to be a lot of work but that’s what I do.

That’s great. Glad for both parties. Was more than I am capable to do with a pin. That’s perfect someone is going to bring it back to life.

11 months later
#11558 1 year ago

Looking for some fun and quirky 90s DMD titles. More interested in players condition or a project because this is just for fun to play, not for showing off. More for my kids, but also for me, for the next few years.

Also, just looking in Southern California area. We have a newborn, so can't make the long treks at this time.

Anyone have any of the following they'd be interested in selling, in order of preference:

Who Dunnit
Flintstones
Revenge from Mars
Popeye
Gilligan's Island

#11562 1 year ago
Quoted from JackG:

Looking for some fun and quirky 90s DMD titles. More interested in players condition or a project because this is just for fun to play, not for showing off. More for my kids, but also for me, for the next few years.
Also, just looking in Southern California area. We have a newborn, so can't make the long treks at this time.
Anyone have any of the following they'd be interested in selling, in order of preference:
Who Dunnit
Flintstones
Revenge from Mars
Popeye
Gilligan's Island

Thank you for the leads guys! But want to free up space and capital to try to get a few of these. Anyone interested in an AIQ pro from the last run. Was 7200 with shipping but make me an offer. It’s stock with insider connected, latest code as of today. Barely used. Just didn’t get into it. Realized I just like Godzilla and the simpler 90s rulesets.

4 weeks later
#11601 1 year ago
Quoted from Jman44:

Looking for Dialed In LE, Black Knight 2000 and Total Nuclear Annihilation 1.0

Jman44
Here’s a great BK2K. I’ve played it over the years and it’s a great pin. Also from a great seller and good guy.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/141278

#11612 1 year ago

Jokerz for 900 on Craigslist if you're in the Ventura area:

ventura.craigslist.org link

#11615 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Just curious if anyone here grabbed this? I was tempted but timing was not right for me.

I really wanted it but timing was bad. I love Jokerz though.

1 week later
#11622 1 year ago

Anyone have a project Johnny Mnemonic or NBA Fastbreak?

2 months later
#11722 1 year ago

Anyone interested in an AIQ Pro? Has 235 lifetime plays. Half of those are my in-laws starting a game and then walking away lol. It’s the April 2022 build. Stock. Bought it because my son showed interest at the arcade and trying to get him into pinball but didn’t work. Interested in trades for Bond, Deadpool, Rush, Gilligan’s Island, Flintstones, Popeye, Johnny Mnemonic, maybe some others. Also more interested in a straight sale.

#11727 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sell your son lol

AIQ sells for more money lol.

3 weeks later
#11781 1 year ago

I'm listing a few pins coming up, all HUO with low plays.

I have a Stranger Things Pro listed in the marketplace currently.

HUO CSI. It's in mint condition. I bought this from my buddy whose picture is on the suspect spinner. It looks brand new. I worked on the show for a decade, so I have a translite autographed by all but one of the cast members that I might consider selling if you're a big fan of the show or just keep it. I also have a lot more SWAG from the show that I can throw in for fun.

Also selling X-Men LE Magneto. I bought this NIB in 2012, so it looks like it just came out of the box.

I have a color DMD LCD that could go into CSI or X-Men that you can add on for 500 extra.

I'm looking to sell straight out and make some room. Might not sell all of them. Make an offer or trade proposal.

#11789 1 year ago
Quoted from Hana9so:

Have a lower body of a Xenon for sale. It's relatively complete and needs a bunch of love. Maybe somebody can use it for parts to restore their Xenon. What you see in the pics is what you get (will come with the PF glass; not too scratched either).
Thinking $300 for it.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1o4v592KmMgy1bgy7f_E8dIj6N0xN1Zhv?usp=share_link

Sent a PM, I've always wanted to do a big restore and wanted a Xenon, so this looks like fun.

And if not, I can try to get it to ThatOneDude

#11797 1 year ago
Quoted from acitti:

I have a complete head with boards and backglass for Xenon, hit me up if interested or if you decide to sell the lower cab.

I am interested. Sent you a pm

#11805 1 year ago
Quoted from SpamMusubi310:

This would make a nice article for Ars! Restoration of a classic pinball machine with parts from across the state, each with their own origin story. Then the documentation of the restoration process and pictures from every stage!

If it works out, I’ll set up a thread on here or something. I’m fixing up a few projects too.

I’ll be needing lots of help from Pinside friends, that’s certain.

3 months later
#12076 11 months ago

Have a Bond Pro that I'd sell if anyone is looking. Hoping to make some space for incoming pins.

3 weeks later
#12110 10 months ago

Going to have a HUO CSI for sale in the coming weeks. 2nd owner. Mint shape. Currently cleaning and installing Titan rubbers and LEDs.

I worked on the show for a decade so throwing in some show swag and autographs from when I worked on the series.

2 months later
#12217 7 months ago

HUO CSI will be on the marketplace soon as I can take photos. Looks brand new. 5500 obo.

1 week later
#12225 7 months ago

Hope this can find a good home.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Very rare CSI pin. 1 of a thousand made. This was a gift from Stern to a producer of the tv show whose face was used on the suspect spinner. I bought it from him about 8 years ag...”
2023-09-09
Santa Clarita, CA
5,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 16 days
Viewed: 379 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 month later
#12278 6 months ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Seeking soldering assistance...not pinball-related, but I can't think of a more appropriate group of people to contact. :]
Short story:
I have 2 small populated PCBs that are effectively identical.
I want to transfer 3ish components from board A to board B.
Board B would need its 3 components removed first, to make room for the replacements from board A.
Components are chips, tiny chips w/ many teeny tiny legs.
Looking for somebody experienced in this area, not somebody looking to learn & see if you can figure it out.
Please message me if you're near Irvine & you scoff at the triviality of SMC soldering.
Thanks!

Contact Kyle Hana9so

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kyles-pinball-repair-socal-and-mail-in-board-work

2 weeks later
#12328 6 months ago

If anyone is interested in a game to restore, I have a Fish Tales, great condition, plays well, with everything ready for a restore, playfield is in great condition with a little insert wear by the fish and boat decal, but game is complete and working. I shopped it a few years ago and put LEDs and new rubbers in.
Here is what I have to restore Fish Tales that haven't been installed yet:
NOS cabinet decals
4 fish overlays
Boat ramp overlay decal
NVRAM
New fishing reel handle assembly
New cover dome
New subwoofer
Cliffy protectors

Also have a WCS, playfield wear near the flipper - I have an overlay. Has a couple things that I haven't fixed yet - free kick needs tweaking. A couple switches need to be replaced. It's been partially shopped with a new soccer ball, new goalie, LEDs, soccer ball shooting rod. Have NVRAM and Cliffy protectors, not installed.

4500 each. Not considering individual offers. Will consider an offer on both if you buy it before Thanksgiving. Might consider a trade deal.

I picked up a trash xenon (thank you Hana9so and acitti ) that I want to focus all my attention on, so could use the space.

Added 171 days ago:

Sold

#12335 5 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you can bring that thing back to life it will be an amazing story.

I have a hardtop and picked up some pieces from a parted Xenon. I’ve been looking forward to working on it.

1 month later
#12461 3 months ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

They waved the Auction fees on the NIB's, still No takers.

Still seems strange to auction it off but only sell at msrp. I saw bids ended around 4500 but if you’re only going to sell them as a dealer at msrp, why are they in the auction to begin with?

#12481 3 months ago

Anyone interested in a Bond Pro? No mods, shaker motor, low plays, HUO. 6500.

Interested in trades, too. DP, JP or Rush are top of my list.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=jackg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.