(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,695 posts
  • 681 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by JWE
  • Topic is favorited by 460 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highdef.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1168 9 years ago

FYI - New Barcade coming to Echo Park (LA)

http://www.theeastsiderla.com/2015/03/whats-in-store-for-echo-parks-bar-cade/

From Venice to Downtown L.A., architects Rebecca Rudolph and Catherine Johnson have created some memorable and award winning restaurants spaces. Now, their firm, called Design, Bitches, is working to turn a former Sunset Boulevard Shoe Warehouse store into a bar-cade, a combination bar, restaurant and vintage video arcade.

The same business, called Button Mash, was initially proposed for a laundry a few blocks east but that space is now the home to the field office of Council District 13. Instead, the bar-cade owners leased the former strip mall home of Shoe Warehouse. In a recent L.A. Times story, Rudolph and Johnson said the space will serve as an homage to Los Angeles. Rudolph told The Times:
There’s ’80s stuff with skateboard decks, toys and boomboxes [in the new restaurant]. For some reason there is also a little film noir detective thing coming into play. It’s the east end of Echo Park right before it goes up to Dodger Stadium; it’s close to Chinatown and the police academy. It’s not film noir in a theme-y way, but it somehow ended up in the mix, and we’re all excited about it.
The new bar-cade is scheduled to open this summer at the corner of Sunset and Douglas.

bar-arcade-echo-park.jpgbar-arcade-echo-park.jpg
1 year later
#5148 7 years ago

I have a sealed NIB black Polk PSW10 10" subwoofer available in the Bay Area. I bought another one for work (in cherry finish) for a BOM breakdown, so this one never got opened or used. Needless to say, Polk is making very little margin on these subs.
$80 for a Pinsider (currently $109 on Amazon). Receipt included w/ purchase.
PM if interested.
*I always donate to Pinside. I'm not trying to bypass the Marketplace, but this technically isn't a pin part.

Added over 7 years ago: **SOLD** (to an awesome Pinsider)

2 years later
#8019 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

One of the urban legends is about a Billy Mitchel type savant. He passes the level 13 of the hardest arcade game ever made.

Must have been emulated software.

9 months later
#8889 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Cash on the glass after an up close inspection

Is that after he pulls the cash out of his cowboy boots? It's a pinball machine, not a strip club.

I lived in Sonoma and worked in Petaluma, so I know the area. Not a wise thing to wreck your name in such a small area. I would expect better disclosure from a seller, especially considering the current state of affairs.
HOWEVER....

What's up with the 11:00pm exchange? Those are meth hours. It's sketchy to be moving ANYTHING at 11pm, let alone a pinball machine. It couldn't have waited until the morning? A coyote could have easily attacked your leg while moving the pin in your driveway in the dark.

Unfortunately, there will always be a bad apple here and there, but for the most part, I'd take a fellow Pinball player over any other hobbyist.
In MY experience, the majority of the people in this hobby are like-minded, forthright and trustworthy.
I bought 4 different pins from a distance off eBay back in the early-to-mid 2000s. My first pin was from "BarryWNJ" (for those who remember his janky "MS Paint-enhanced" eBay ad photos). The game wasn't exactly as glamorous as the photos portrayed, but I wasn't getting screwed either. I had an electrical-related issue, so he sent a local tech to my house, who ended up being a cool guy from North Hollywood (I hope he's still in the hobby after all this time).
Point being is that I was taking huge risks as a noob, but in the end I never felt rooked or taken (knock on wood).

The seller was probably whistling The Andy Griffith Show theme song once he drove off. Hopefully, he'll come back and make it right.
For future pin purchases, it's prob best to lay off the Mountain Dew and wait until the next day. Right?

#8896 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

You are right, so I'll explain. In this case, he picked up the game 7 hours south and was supposed to drop off at 7-8pm on his way back north. Then it turned to 10 and 11 as he was running late. He lives another 2 hours north so I was accommodating him.
I mentioned the time to help explain why I didn't inspect more carefully. Also, he had a good rep on pinside (I checked), and the game was less than 9 mos old and supposedly HUO. I posted warning here after he sent single message refusing to take game back (or discuss since he immediately blocked my #).

Again, sorry for your experience.
Is this guy an operator?
Did you snapshot the ad itself or still have access to it?
If he is 52, the internet shows him currently residing in an apartment in Novato (not Petaluma).
One alternative is to take him to Small Claims in Marin County if it was indeed false advertising or misrepresentation.
Some sellers (and businesses) seem to believe they're shielded or invincible when it comes to cash transactions. Not so much.

1 month later
#9026 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I've given pinball games as a house warming present for my clients.

You deserve a Lifetime Achievement Award! Other realtors take note.

7 months later
#9679 3 years ago

Happy New Year! I hope everyone is safe and sound (hopefully, with a pinball machine).

I just wanted to give some praise to Shane at ON-TILT PINBALL/AYCE GOGI as I recently purchased a NIB from him. I first met him at the restaurant in Van Nuys a couple of years ago while still living up north. Our brief interaction landed him my business.
It's no secret that his location games are always top notch and well-maintained. Not to mention that he's hustled to keep the games active during the pandemic, which I know hasn't been easy for him.

Shane really came through for me before New Year's Eve. It was a much-needed bookend to what was a terrible year for all of us.
Needless to say, Shane is awesome and I'd buy from him again. The man is a warrior and I'm thankful that he is local to Southern CA.

2 months later
#9966 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

So he slept inside the damn trailer with the 2x pins he was transporting.

It's probably safe to say that he wasn't transporting Hercules or Bugs Bunny's Birthday Bash.

Quoted from kpg:

He said in the middle of the night he heard some noises, and turns out someone was trying to break into the trailer.

I would've rolled over and gone back to sleep had the pins been Hercules or Bugs Bunny's Birthday Bash.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highdef.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=highdef and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.