(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,625 posts
  • 504 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by DruTheFu
  • Topic is favorited by 316 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,496 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5808 2 years ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

Rob Bell is another great tech in the East Bay.
Robsgameroom.com

Rob is the man!

2 weeks later
#5887 2 years ago

Oh it's real. It's damn real.

3 weeks later
#5931 2 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

A pinball machine that I have wanted for awhile has recently come up for sale so I need to move one.. If anyone is interested in a ST pro hit me up.. comes with shaker and side art..

Heyooo! Do tell!

GLWS!

2 months later
#6089 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Looking for a Bally Who Dunnit.

Great game, miss mine sometimes but it just doesn't have legs. Still if I found one cheap I'd grab it just for the music and call outs!

#6097 1 year ago

No doubt for a HUO. I'd almost want to pick it up to have a spare! And the guy in the "life of my routed ST Pro with thousands of plays" wants to believe his is worth 4K, lol.

1 week later
#6122 1 year ago

Damn, that's a solid deal for someone unless that game is just wrecked.

#6133 1 year ago

Motordrome.

#6135 1 year ago

Ouch. That must have been pretty dire.

#6157 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Still looking for a BOP if anyone has a line on one, let me know.

Pinpoor has one in Sac, check the NorCal thread!

#6164 1 year ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Lowering the price on my pair of Sega Super GT Racers to $700. Would like to see them go to a Pinsider rather than a Craigslist wing nut! PM me and let's do a deal

If I had a place to put those beasts I'd be all all over this. Alas, too many games, too little garage.

#6166 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

You could free up some space by selling me your SE.

Lol, that's my EM! It legitimizes my collection as not one dimensional!!

#6169 1 year ago

He can get extra dibs by being the guy who gets it working again, lol.

#6172 1 year ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Sounds like this is the year to bring a $1500 Spanish Eyes to Pin a LoDi. Line up, guys!!

It's the new hot game! Price spike! Price spike!

#6181 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

What did you do?!?!?!?

We played it until the lights went out.

1 week later
#6231 1 year ago

Ha-dooooo-ken!!!

1 week later
#6260 1 year ago

Well it's also a newer readily available game, that has a similar version that is less money new. I agree the premium is better and would pay extra $400 for your used one over a new pro, but I can see why some poeple might not.

Wait until it drops out of production and you'll probably see a spike in interest.

1 week later
#6301 1 year ago

Oh thank god. I was thinking stupid things, lol.

#6303 1 year ago
Quoted from BobC:

You are supposed to tell me these stupid things!

Ha ha, I was close. But I need another game like a hole in my head right now!

1 week later
#6338 1 year ago

Gonna miss that one, it's really a super fun game, and while it may lack a coin door it feels like a real arcade game! GLWS.

#6340 1 year ago

Yeah, that one is Jamie's favorite, and I don't think the divorce would be worth it, lol.

#6343 1 year ago
Quoted from CCPL:

I have a spare room. So after the divorce she can stay here and then she can still play it...

Hahahaha, I'd probably be the one out, checking straight into Hotel Train.

#6387 1 year ago

Yeah that seems like a pain, but I only ever sold out of the garage and felt a little better about that. Honestly I only ever had one deal go south and it was a swap that I decided against when his game wasn't as advertised. He started getting a little jumpy but I had messaged my buddy and he was there in a second.

#6410 1 year ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Hey cali folks, just a reminder that at the golden state pinball festival there will be a swap meet on Saturday. The area is outside but it is covered by a very large awning / patio cover. So you can stay cool in the shade. Or, it has power outlets too.
See you there.

I do love swapping... and meeting!

4 weeks later
#6541 1 year ago

You know, I would volunteer, but the pay sucks.

1 week later
#6563 1 year ago

Anyone holding a decent Getaway translite they wouldn't mind parting with? I have a pretty sketchy repro I need to replace.

3 weeks later
#6738 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

And lot of people drive cars to pinball shows.

But do they SELL them there??

#6778 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Anyone need a restored WPC89 power driver board. Better than new all new caps and a bunch of other bulletproofing done by mr. Chris Hibler. Can bring to GSPF

I’m interested. I’ll PM you.

2 weeks later
#6836 1 year ago

Anyone got any trade interest in a Stern Star Trek Premium? HUO, nice shape, with a few mods. Looking for other Stern Premiums or LEs (or a modded TRON PRO maybe) or nice Williams stuff like IJ, AFM (AFMR would be fine too) or Addams.

Trade/cash deals are possible, although much more likely if the cash is coming to me!

So hey, if you have the Final Frontier on your mind and anything you think I’d dig, message me and maybe we can work something out.

#6838 1 year ago

You know my number!

#6844 1 year ago
Quoted from pinpoor:

Or sell it outright and buy my MOPLE

Good thinking! Can I make payments?

#6846 1 year ago

Me too!

#6853 1 year ago

It’s perfect, if I had the cash I’d be all over it.

#6885 1 year ago

Yo, I’m looking for a backbox door for my Spanish Eyes. If anyone has got one laying around please let me know. I’m in the Sacramento area. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#6920 1 year ago

It’s a cool game, I had it on loan for a week and find myself wanting to play it again. The custom sound rom upgrade will no doubt makes a big difference since when the “game voices” come up you can hear they’re... pretty bad.

Btw, still got my nice Star Trek Premium up for sale or trade, $6500 with Stern shaker motor, ColorDMD LED, other mods. Had a couple people interested but couldn’t quite put it together. Cash is king but interesting trades of similar value always entertained!

#6928 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Btw, still got my nice Star Trek Premium up for sale or trade, $6500 with Stern shaker motor, ColorDMD LED, other mods. Had a couple people interested but couldn’t quite put it together. Cash is king but interesting trades of similar value always entertained!

Game is sold pending payment.

1 week later
#6947 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Game is sold.

#6949 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Thanks again for selling it to me!! And a huge thanks for helping with the delivery.
++++gunstarhero. Great working with him buying my first used pin.

Easy to be a great seller with a great buyer!

2 weeks later
#6978 1 year ago
Quoted from CCPL:

Selling my World Poker Tour! I will even offer to change the 5 colored lamps in the backpanel if o-din buys it.

Just slap a Supreme sticker on it and he’ll come running.

1 month later
#7066 1 year ago
Quoted from merccat:

Wouldn’t mind a Gottlieb Strikes N Spares for the right price. I know it’s not really a pinball game other than the form factor but just thinking about having an oddball in the mix.

I love that game, super fun. Regret passing on cheapies of it years ago and now I just don’t see it around.

#7075 1 year ago

Or maybe he was just making sure everything was working on the game?

#7079 1 year ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Then, he would be looking at the game, instead of staring at me

Uh... maybe he had a crush on you? O_o

2 months later
#7249 1 year ago

Better than average Last Action Hero in Elk Grove (just south of Sacramento), $3000. Recently shopped and playing 100%.

1 week later
#7280 1 year ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

Looking to buy an Addams Family. PM what you have
Thank you

There’s a San Jose listing in the marketplace. $6500 but sounds like he might negotiate?

1 month later
#7426 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I love Road Show, but is it really a 4k game now!? Jayzus...

It’s still maybe a $3k game, average pinside price anyways. Content wise you almost can’t get more in a pin, that’s for sure, but the theme is kind of a killer. A great home rom would work wonders as well.

2 weeks later
#7457 11 months ago
#7459 11 months ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I have two, so I am safe!

10 years in the iso cubes for Judge hoarding!

#7465 11 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Just noticed pics and attachments have been disabled from this thread. They want their piece of any action. Getting more strict. Defintely makes this thread less fun, less useful. Can't even post non sale-related pics.

I don't remember ever seeing pix in this thread.

#7479 10 months ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Looking for a nice Shadow. Have cash or a nice Getaway with cash. Probably be selling the Getaway as I know I want a shadow. It's fully shopped, and I don't mean new rubbers and bulbs and a wipe down. Complete topside stripped, translucent rubbers, LEDs, pinstadium, flipper rebuild, some minor mods. Prototype with all the original documentation.

Too late to swap you mine for that MM?

I know I know, that's not a fair deal. I'll let you deliver if you want to even it up!

#7482 10 months ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

HAHAHAHA....Too funny. We could have worked out a deal. However, it sold via Craigslist. I shopped it out for the guy as well. He paid for the service and parts but you should see it now. Wish I could post pics in this thread. He is getting it this Sat.

Nice, lucky guy. I couldn’t believe that price, what a difference from a few years back!

Don’t feel bad, I have a MMR so I’m still covered.

2 months later
#7698 8 months ago

Selling my super nice (maybe HUO?) Stern Monopoly for $3000, and a players Williams Demolition Man for $2500. Games are in the Sacramento area. hit me up for details and pix if interested. Can possibly deliver within 100 miles for a small fee and gas money.

#7705 8 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Selling my super nice (maybe HUO?) Stern Monopoly for $3000, and a players Williams Demolition Man for $2500. Games are in the Sacramento area. hit me up for details and pix if interested. Can possibly deliver within 100 miles for a small fee and gas money.

DemoMan sold off forum. Monopoly is still available.

1 week later
#7750 8 months ago

Still selling my Stern Monopoly: $3000 picked up in Elk Grove, just south of Sacramento.

Super clean game with Comet LEDs, Borygard NVRAM, Titan rings and flipper rubbers and colored Cliffy posts, updated ROMs, nice PF, nice cab, plays 100% no errors. HUO? Not for sure but I’d imagine it’s never seen an arcade. Manual still stapled inside the cab and goody bag contents in the coin box. Much nicer than your average routed to death examples of this title!

Hit me up with pix or questions. Thanks!

1 week later
#7779 8 months ago

Monopoly still available, $3000 picked up in Elk Grove just south of Sacramento. Cheapest one (in California anyways!) on Pinside and nicely upgraded (Titan/Cliffy rubbers, Comet LEDs (with a few incandescents for accent and warmth, but can go ALL LED if you really want) and Borygard NVRAM) with no hacks whatsoever. You really won't find a nicer game for this kind of money!

Great example of an early Stern that is usually beat all to hell.

Will deliver to Golden State Pinball Festival no extra charge!

#7796 7 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Got an off forum deal for the Monopoly, thanks to those who were interested.

#7803 7 months ago

I think GB is a great game and if I didn’t have a nice Pro I’d be all about it.

#7809 7 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Totall BS. I’m not a beginner. And because I’m not a beginner I can see plain as day that GB is not challenging. It’s unplayable due to its horrid design. I love a challenge. I hate a game that’s made so poorly that nothing you do matters. Ball will hop the outlane. Ball will fling off targets down the middle. Ball will rattle in the poorly designed orbit and go STDM due to the mile wide flipper gap. On the Prem/LE, add the horrible right ramp that the ball always comes back down on, and the stupid magna slings that just stop and drop the ball down the middle.
That is not “challenge”.
That is the worst game ever made in the history of the universe. People love the theme tho, it’s blinding.

I know you hate this answer... but almost all those issues can be easily addressed. YES Stern should have done it. But between the swinks target brackets, some small tasteful outlane plastic guides, and just setting the game up correctly most of those issues become moot.

Now, okay... the flipper gap is what it is, but no one hates Creature because of the flipper gap, no one hates lightning flipper games because of the flipper gap. You can pass, you can catch...

Manga slings well... they’re a thing, that’s for sure. Magnets are supposed to add that random element, and these sure as hell do.

I know you’re not gonna change your mind, so I don’t know why I wrote this out, I’m just kinda sorry you can’t see what I do I guess. Fun game, good sound (again, better with a mod, lol) and one that keeps me coming back.

2 weeks later
#7912 7 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

In theory. But has that been occurring in practice?

I would ask your distributor.

1 week later
#7955 6 months ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Godzilla is a scam.

No, no... Godzilla is a SEGA.

2 weeks later
#7996 6 months ago

3 years extended warranty for $60? That seems pretty reasonable.

2 weeks later
#8039 5 months ago

“I need an old tech and a young tech.”

1 week later
#8128 5 months ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

All of this Kawhi Leonard talk around LA has got me pumped about basketball. Anyone have any basketball-themed pins for sale? Nothing ever seems to come up for sale...

If only there was a pin that featured a legendary Lakers player...

...but nope. No Kobe, Kareem or Magic pins.

#8169 5 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s not from an Earthquake. Launch drain launch drain launch drain is normal GB gameplay.

If you suck at it, lol.

#8174 5 months ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Well, you’re all fudge now. Shaq Attaq has been sold!

Dammit I was just about to message you too!

Not really tho.

#8178 5 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Skill is irrevlant on a game that airballs you to death, ball hops outlanes, loop rattles STDM, scoop shoots STDM....LOL are people still defending this horrible pedophile design? Unreal. It’s 2019.

Yep, gotta love that child raping design. :eye roll:

Or just admit that it’s a great theme, great art, great sound (once modded) and that once you address the flaws (which yes, you shouldn’t have to, but do) and learn how to plunge and where to shoot is actually pretty playable.

Or you can keep screaming into the void about how it should have been different. Up to you dude.

#8179 5 months ago

Whoops, double post.

#8184 5 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL “learn how to plunge”. GTFO, man...Lolol

Yeah man. You short plunge, catch the ball, and take your first shot risk free, before your ball saver even starts.

Mind blown?

#8186 5 months ago

Man Aurich, you’re no fun at all.

2 weeks later
#8254 4 months ago

Lol what?

Probably a couple grand more than that... unless it’s truly tragic.

If you decide to let it for for $2500 tho Crans let me know and I’ll come by and grab it.

#8257 4 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Were you looking for a reasonably priced or an overpriced project? I said 2500 to 3500. You went with the low number.
It was represented as nonworking, cabinet that needs to be rebuilt and decaled. That is a PITA, and takes a good amount of time. Plus not everyone does it themself. Paying someone to do it = extra cost. Plus a ding on the PF?
This one sold for $7400, with a perfect PF and good upgrades (color DMD, Pinsound, etc.) Those two mods alone are about $900 - $1k.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/80154
I price games the way I do because I sell them for good prices. I never try to bend somebody over. If anybody else wants to pay 5 or 6K for a project IJ that needs considerable work, go right ahead.

You show me the last IJ that went for $3500 and you get to be right.

#8260 4 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Don’t need to be “right.” He asked for an opinion. I gave mine.
Look at my ad history. I never overprice games and often sell them under what they are worth to try to keep this hobby going, and get new people into it. To each their own.
Example: I had a nice Bally Kiss that I powdercoated and it needed minimal work. I listed it for $1400, with a brand new Shay backglass included. People told me I was “stupid” and I could get $3k, as if I don’t know the actual value of games (I mean I’ve only bought and sold a few hundred games, so what do I know). I sold it for $1400, and the buyer was ecstatic, because it’s a game he really wanted but couldn’t afford all of the ridiculously priced ones out there. That made me happy. I lost $100 or $200 selling at the price I did. Big deal.
I wouldn’t want crans to eat money. He knows what he paid for it, so he should sell it to at least break even. Or list it on eBay at $10k. That’s his call.

You gave yours, I gave mine. And mine is that yours is low, especially here in California. You felt the need to reply, and I felt the need to reply to your reply. That's all. It's all good.

Yes, deals still happen, and I respect that you price games affordably. I just think that in this era, an IJ, with all the parts, is probably worth a little more than your estimate. But you know what, neither of us has seen it or knows anything so... its just conjecture!

#8278 4 months ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Interesting... I'd love to get a look at those WH2O's, but as per usual, the shipping cost makes it not such a good deal, and my instincts scream that these are not the games you'd risk buying sight-unseen... I'm really desperate for a project!

Well they will be projects, lol.

1 month later
#8404 84 days ago
Quoted from CCPL:

Moving out my Skateball to make some room, located in Nor Cal near Sacramento:

Machine - For Sale

Skateball

New!

Fully shopped/refurbished “Selling my Skateball...playfield was recently swapped with a new CPR playfield. All playfield mechs were cleaned during swap. New CPR plastics, new drop targets, new pop bumper ski...”

4 hours ago

Folsom, CA

CCPL

Gorgeous game with a new PF and it plays like a madman.

3 weeks later
#8486 59 days ago
Quoted from pinballnut:

JOLLY PARK for sale in Northern California.
What is a Jolly Park?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/81816
thank you

This is one for the rarity nuts out there, you NEVER see these in the US.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 11.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 57.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 59.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 19.95
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 49.95
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside