(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,701 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by TrevT2
  • Topic is favorited by 460 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider golferron54.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1460 8 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I need a pin moved from LA to SF. If anyone is doing a run sometime soon I will gladly pay for gas.

i will be driving from the east bay into LA, then San Diego and back in Aug if that is not too late. i can haul a pin up or down in my Forrestor.

lmk if interested and we can discuss details.

ron

3 weeks later
#1588 8 years ago

CV for sale in Norcal
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/21404

Interested in a nice Swords of Fury for trade + cash for the CV.

For Central and Socal folks I am offering to deliver CV for gas money anywhere within reason between the San Francisco Bay area on Aug 22 or 23.

OR

If your going to CAX in Santa Clara on July 18 or 19, I can deliver the CV free of charge.

Thanks!

\r

1d.JPG1d.JPG
#1600 8 years ago
Quoted from Golferron54:

CV for sale in Norcal
For Central and Socal folks I am offering to deliver CV for gas money anywhere within reason between the San Francisco Bay area on Aug 22 or 23.
OR
If your going to CAX in Santa Clara on July 18 or 19, I can deliver the CV free of charge.
Thanks!
\r

1d.JPG

Sale Pending

#1606 8 years ago
Quoted from Golferron54:

CV for sale in Norcal
OR
Thanks!
\r

1d.JPG

Sold

2 months later
#1875 8 years ago

Pin Movers Wanted To Haul Two or Three Games from Alameda to Hayward

I need one or two pinball machines and an 70's EM gun game picked up from Alameda and brought to Hayward. There are no stairs, and delivery will be from a warehouse to a garage. If I need to rent a truck I can do so, but you must drive. I will pay you for your time to muscle the games on and off the truck, and help me set up pinball machine(s) on legs. Please PM me with cost, availability and details.

Thanks!

Ron

#1882 8 years ago

Thank you for the referal on Chris, called him up and got a delivery all line up! 1000 good pinball karma points for you!

9 months later
#3923 7 years ago

WANTED: San Louis Obispo Area Solid State / DMD Working Game, Set-Up Service for $3000 Max

I buddy of mine in San Louis Obispo is looking for a pinball machine that is fully working and trouble free (his first machine so zero fix it skills), delivered and set up. He has a truck, and can show up with two guys to load / unload. What he needs is your direction to help break down, and guidance to set up the game so it is ready to play.

This is actually for his father-in-law who is retiring, so giving this as a surprise gift. I'm in the SF Bay area so too far to look and set up for him, so looking for a fellow Pinsider to help long distance. Let me know what you have and we can go from there.

Please PM me with any leads and we can go from there.

Thanks!

ron

Slide1_(resized).PNGSlide1_(resized).PNG

#3935 7 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

Ron,
I have 4 machines currently available. Let me know if I can assist.
Sean
Long live the Mustangs, graduate of 1987!

Sean, can you PM me what you have and price?

Thanks!

\r

#3937 7 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

I am more than happy to help, but I don't know of any machines around these parts that are reasonably priced. There was a HS2 on CL awhile back for 2250... I know the guy, I could see if he still has it? Once the machine is picked, I could mos' def' help with setup and maintenance and eventual repair...

PM sent, thanks for raising your hand \-)

ron

#3949 7 years ago
Quoted from Golferron54:

WANTED: San Louis Obispo Area Solid State / DMD Working Game, Set-Up Service for $3000 Max
I buddy of mine in San Louis Obispo is looking for a pinball machine that is fully working and trouble free (his first machine so zero fix it skills), delivered and set up. He has a truck, and can show up with two guys to load / unload. What he needs is your direction to help break down, and guidance to set up the game so it is ready to play.
This is actually for his father-in-law who is retiring, so giving this as a surprise gift. I'm in the SF Bay area so too far to look and set up for him, so looking for a fellow Pinsider to help long distance. Let me know what you have and we can go from there.
Thanks!
ron

Thanks all for the feedback and PMs. I have passed on the list of games to the buyer to see what themes and game play style floats his boat. Special thanks to fireball2 for offering to help a newbie out.

If anyone else has a game come up in the San Louis Obispo or the bay area that is a solid, reliable machine, let me know. I am doing the triage as to condition and being the match maker.

Nothing in this for me except making a buddy happy in giving his father-in-law a retirement gift he will not forget. Buddy will probably thank me today, then curse me tomorrow when he buys a second, or third game ... or where ever the slippery pinball slope takes him \-)

Appreciate your collective consul and have a good weekend.

ron

Thanks!

ron

#3989 7 years ago

Wanted: Pinball Skates

Hi all, somehow the older I get, the heavier a game gets. Anyone have a set of pinball skates for sale just gathering dust? Pls PM me with price, condition and location - I am in the east bay (Hayward).

Thanks!

ron

pinball_skates_(resized).jpgpinball_skates_(resized).jpg

#4002 7 years ago

Thanks for the tip on buying pinball skates Spock and Nifty ... live long and prosper.

\r

#4022 7 years ago
Quoted from Golferron54:

Wanted: Pinball Skates
Hi all, somehow the older I get, the heavier a game gets. Anyone have a set of pinball skates for sale just gathering dust? Pls PM me with price, condition and location - I am in the east bay (Hayward).
Thanks!
ron

Skates found! Now if I can only find my mind I'll be happy. Thanks to all who responded.

ron

#4025 7 years ago
Quoted from Golferron54:

Thanks!
ron

Thanks to all those who stepped up, especially those in the SLO area who offered their assistance on the service side and the great suggestions in helping a newbie long distance. Great example of pinhead's paying forward and making this hobby about the people first, and the games that make it possible (a close) second \-)

ron

1 month later
#4251 7 years ago

Gottlieb Title Fight (1990) Wanted ....

Going to CAX I usually hang out at the seminars, or wonder around aimlessly running into buddies and catching up, but when playing games I always enjoyed year after year the row of Gottlieb "Street Level" games - single level with no ramps. Decided that when there are 400+ games on the floor, I actually look for Title Fight to play, maybe I need one to save "show floor sore feet" syndrome.

Willing to go a days driving distance from NorCal to find one fully working and in decent shape.

I know I like the TF's layout, but know nothing about Gottlieb System 3 games. How reliable are they? Parts available? How easy / hard to maintain?

Appreciate any leads on a TF, and any thoughts on commonly broken / issues for this game specifically, or Gottlieb System 3 games generally.

Thanks!

ron

title_fight_(resized).jpgtitle_fight_(resized).jpg

3 months later
#4718 7 years ago

Wanted ... NBA Fastbreak, Northern CA. Pls PM me if you have one to sell.

Looking ideally in Sunnyvale / San Jose area or deliver at PPE next Sat.

Must be Fully shopped out and working.

Thanks!

ron

#4719 7 years ago

If anyone has a sports themed game for sale let me know as open to other options than NBA Fastbreak.

Ron

5 months later
#5419 6 years ago

AL Garber Collection for Sale
Rest in Peace
1954 - 2009

Hi Folks
Forgive me if I am breaking Pinside protocol, but I am usually on the buying side, not selling side ... but I just posted a list of items in the PAGG for sale thread on behalf of his widow, Debbie. There is nothing in this for me except knowing that all the wit, wisdom and friendship that AL gave to me, in some very small measure is being paid back.

The collection includes:

Hercules topper
Space Mission backglass
Double or Nothing sign
oxo backglass
Space Rider backglass
Spanish Eyes backglass
Working cash register
Cigarette silks (many more than what is shown)
Coke and 7up coolers
Gum ball machines (many)
Jukebox
Large Coke clock
Monte Carlo pinball machine (working, but needs tweaking)
OXO pinball machine (working, but needs tweaking)
Pingames
Radio Transmitter
Radios
Stamp machines
Trap Shoot
Western Electric phone
Whiffle Pinball and stand

Collection Pictures here
http://tinyurl.com/Collectibles4Sale

Thanks

Ron

3 weeks later
#5480 6 years ago

Wanted ... Aerosmith Pro or Premium ... PM me with price and your location. Thanks!
ron

1 month later
#5643 6 years ago

Donate Here
https://www.crowdrise.com/pacific-pinball-museum/fundraiser/ronchan1

Want another Pacific Pinball Expo?

Help us with our funding to help spread pinball love. Your funding will help us gear up for the next PPPE where we were able to share our collection with thousands of folks.

Unlike other shows that are only two or three days long, the Pacific Pinball Museum is open year round, providing not only family friendly pinball love, but classroom instruction for kids, serving the under-privileged with free admission, art exhibits and live performances.

Thanks in advance for your help and support of our nonprofit museum. 100% of your donations will go toward collection storage, maintenance and museum operations.

Check out our collaboration with the Chabot Science Center on the "Art and Science of Pinball".
http://www.chabotspace.org/pinball

ron

Quoted from earlier post for more information ...

The Pacific Pinball Museum (PPM) needs your help to preserve, promote and teach science, art and history through pinball. In 15 years PPM has grown from opening a few hours on weekends, to opening six days a week as a 501(c3) nonprofit. With this growth and expansion we are curating 1500 vintage games from early bagatelles to the latest / greatest. PPM provides classes to kids teaching science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). We host live entertainment, movies, art galleries, science exhibits and exhibited in museums worldwide as an ambassador of pinball. Free admission is given to under-served communities, schools and minorities. We are not an arcade, our goal is to be the "Smithsonian of Pinball".

Help us keep this dream alive as our collection and operations has grown so fast that repair, storage and museum space has become a challenge.

With your donation of $5 or more, you will receive a $5 Macy's gift card.

Here is how your dollars will be put to use to help spread pinball love:

• $25 - Buys cleaning supplies for one month in the museum
• $50 - Buys 100 fuses for pinball machine repair
• $75 - Buys one month stock for our vending machines
• $100 - Buys one tank of gas for our delivery truck
• $150 - 100 square feet of storage space
• $250 - Buys meals for volunteers
• $500 - Buys museum supplies such as, electric cords, light bulbs, foot pedals, printing costs, etc.
• $1000 - Electricity for one month at the museum
• $1200 - Repairs and maintenance for two pinball machines for one year

Donate Here https://www.crowdrise.com/pacific-pinball-museum/fundraiser/ronchan1
For more information http://www.pacificpinball.org
Adopt a Game https://www.pacificpinball.org/pinball for just $15 a month

Peace through Pinball

Pacific Pinball Museum
Ron Chan and the Board of Directors

3 months later
#6028 6 years ago

Looking for a Banzai Run, let me know if you gmhave one for sale or trade.

Thanks!

ron

10 months later
#7221 5 years ago

Sale Pending

Decent project 3" flipper game, Williams World Cup. Needs board work - which I cannot do.

For referance, there is a World Cup for sale for $999 on CL right now: sfbay.craigslist.org link if all you want to do is fix this one and flip it.

51 photos can be downloaded here for the next 6 days.
Download link
https://we.tl/t-Y3C1nEvABM

I picked up a solid project game I was hoping to restore as it has good bones, but the board restoration is beyond me. When I bought the game it turned on, booted with startup music, and displays lit up. Now it turns on, and does not boot up, does not start a game. So much for my "working" project. \-(

Game is in Hayward.

PM me if you have any questions or need additional pictures.

My inability to do board repair your gain.

World Cup details, here is what I see ... take careful look at photos
Turning on Game
- game turns on and lights are lit
- does not start game

Cosmetics
- all plastics intact, no breaks
- i already replaced the backbox lights with several boxes of new bulbs
- decent cabinet
- mirrored back glass, front looks fine from players position, but there are some missing paint areas which I took detailed photos

Boards
- boards all original
- no acid burn on boards, there is a remote battery already installed.
- since boards have no acid burns it makes it a good candidate for your board repair
- took close up pictures where the boards chips are toasty
- manual and schematics included (see photos to check out schematics)

Playfield
- under playfield clean and no hacks that I can see
- three places of wear - all in solid color areas so good candidate for touch up
- rest of playfield is in above average condition, but swirl marks need to be scrubbed out (I use Bleech White)
- pop bumper skirts needs replacement

World Cup never started a game, so I do not know what works, or doesn't work on the playfield.

- 6254 made

- Williams System 3, which means if you have a Contact, Disco Fever, Hot Tip, or Lucky 7 you can interchange boards.Nearly 25,000 games made with System 3 boards - World Cup being the most popular.

- 2 flippers, 2 pops, 2 kick out holes, 2 ball kickers, 2 stand up targets, 1 spinning target

- Christian Marche art

ron

8 months later
#8010 4 years ago

WANTED - Missile Command Upright, Adams Family

A buddy of mine is looking for an original cabinet Missile Command, player quality, working. Would entertain a multi-game stand up console, but original is his first choice.

He is also looking for a working player quality Adam's Family.

PM me if you, or someone you know wants to vote either of these off the island. Anywhere in the SF Bay Area is fine. If your in socal, lets talk, but prefer something local.

Thanks!

ron

2 years later
#10894 2 years ago

TWO Bally Bow and Arrows 1975 Projects. My goal was to Frankenstein two Bow and Arrows to create one nice one, but I have run out of time and energy. One was gone over quite a bit mechnically, but now does not work as it has been sitting so long. The other game was purchased as a nonworking game.

If anyone has anything to trade anything that is working, want to trade tech time to get some of my other games working, or want to purchase the two I am open to all offers. I live in the East Bay, in Northern CA. I will take pictures if interested, but both are player quality. Thanks for looking.
\ron

1 year later
#12096 10 months ago

TWO Bally Bow and Arrow (1975) Projects. My goal was to Frankenstein two Bow and Arrows to create one nice one, but I have run out of time and energy. One was gone over quite a bit mechnically, but now does not work as it has been sitting so long. The second game in this bundle was purchased as a complete, but nonworking game.

BOW AND ARROW #1 ... FOUNDATION GAME - PARTIALLY RESTORED
Had an EM tech go through so the game was working. Now not working - has been sitting for years.  Has a nice playfield. New spinners and pop bumper caps. Mylared the left inserts. Thoroughly cleaned the playfield. Game complete with one burnt coil. Cleaned up the side, head, coin door and cabinet so art pop's. Polished side rails, legs and lock bar. Backglass very good condition. Carved score on head (see below for fix). Have schematics.

BOW AND ARROW #2 ... DONOR GAME
Game is complete. This game was purchased as nonworking, and I never tried to get it running. Game has significantly more play field wear, and the lower cabinet is rougher than the foundation game. However, the head is in good condition - this is the head I would use (cabinet wise) for the foundation game. The backglass and plastics alone can be parted out and sold to help recover the cost of this game. Parts can be salvaged from this game to get the foundation game working.

Price $1250 for both games
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area

PHOTOS
Bow and Arrow #1 on Pinside Marketplace ... https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/128453
Bow & Arrow #2, and Other Games For Sale ... https://photos.app.goo.gl/rTmvNEMgrkvJz96F8

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider golferron54.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=golferron54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.