(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,620 posts
  • 594 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by SDpinballer
  • Topic is favorited by 395 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsuperbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 6 years ago

Slightly overpriced JM in the Sacramento area:

sacramento.craigslist.org link

I was the 3rd owner of this game YEARS ago, and the game has gotten a little more fade since then. The red posts were Stern ones I had cut down (this was before Cliffy's came along), and the unique holes from the way the OP secured the door is the dead giveaway.

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

That was my minimal commentary on the pricing of pins today. I don't know. Am I the only person who thinks 9500 is a lot for an Addams regardless of condition?

Nope.

1 month later
#694 6 years ago

Any interest in a 1956 United bowling alley? It's the 15' version.

2 weeks later
#769 6 years ago
Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

Boy oh boy, I'd do anything for a list of things y'all used to say about Congo ten years ago! Haha everyone hated that game! Now it's Fathom
EDIT: I didn't mean to hit send yet. I'm looking to move several games in varying states of repair, some are good to go, some need help. Hit me up if you'd be interested in: Dr dude, Gladiators, Jack in the Box, Strange Science, Super Star, Dealers Choice, Count Down, Fire Queen (major project), Surf Champ...and a few more may jump on the list. I want to get rid of one storage unit altogether. Oh also I have the Big Hit, that can go.
I also have a couple games that are such projects that I'd probably give them away to the right person. I'm a sob story type, so if you're, say, looking for a project to do with your kid, or you are an artist dying to reskin something but can't afford a palette title...I might have something for ya. Not interested in parting games for our beloved local flippers though nothing against you guys of course

Location?

1 week later
#838 6 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Interested in buying something cheap to play as I am about to be pin free but unable to buy anything expensive for a while. Maybe a High Speed or a Road Kings or some other cheapish, working, fun to play game. I'd love to get it from the community as I trust y'all collectors more than the general public! I like quite a few "bad" games, so PM me with whatever you might have. No need to be collector quality, just working, enjoyable pinball please. Thanks team!

Have a HS in Sacramento that I am asking 1200 OBO for.

2 weeks later
#919 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbali:

Does anyone have a HS or HSII for sale or trade?

I have a HS for sale. I can post pictures later today once I am home.

#958 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

As of this morning there are 4 Road Show games for sale on Sacramento/sf/bay area Craigslist.
If anyone is looking for one now is a good time to take your pick.

Pretty sure that a few of those are the same game and just reposts. Lots around though. Personally I think they are asking too much given the pf wear, but to each their own!

3 weeks later
#1118 6 years ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

There's a HS in Sac. (Dsuperbee) and a Getaway in Truckee listed at $1950 on CL.

He actually sent me a PM I totally missed as it was right around when my son was born. Responding now. Thank you!

4 weeks later
#1235 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Might be letting go of my clearcoated TZ that's heavily modded, assuming that the next Stern is to my liking (layout + theme.)
348120.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Pm xscrapiron, here is in the market for one.

1 week later
#1272 6 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Looking to sell my original Centaur. Purchased for $3300
in Bay area…Danville

I could have sworn there was someone on one of the CA threads looking for one...

3 weeks later
#1428 6 years ago
Quoted from Xscrapiron:

One of the questions we got was " I think I overpaid for my game, has that ever happened to you?". It was a resounding "YES!" from us.

I think about 90% of the people who enter the hobby overpay for their first game.

However, it is not always people taking advantage of a newbie. More often than not, it is the 'I need this NOW!' mindset, and people don't care about the price so much when they are in the moment.

#1434 6 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Anyone selling anything in the sub 3k range? I know that's not going to get much with today's prices but thought I would check.

Sub 3k will still buy you a whole lot of different pins. Lots of Sys 11s, a good amount of DMDs, Early SS, and EMs around for that price.

2 weeks later
#1533 6 years ago

Haven't heard from the potential buyer, so I am putting my HS back up. 1200 for the game and all the extras except the repro pf. 2k with the pf.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

2 weeks later
#1612 6 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

FS 1961 Chicago Coin Princess 16 foot Ball Bowler. In nice shape. Still needs to be gone through. It's almost fully functioning. I just don't have the space to work on it. A similar 16 foot Bowler sold at Capt. Chris auction last week for 3700.00 plus fees. I'm asking 1050.00. Contact me with questions or for pics.
http://www.pinrepair.com/bowl/princes.htm

Holy crap! Another ball bowler in California. These NEVER pop up here. Very rare to find.

3 weeks later
#1686 6 years ago
Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Anything else selling at CAX. I landed a cyclone. Need another system 11 or early 80's for the collection. No Sorcerer to be found yet

Buy my HS!

#1688 6 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Man, I thought you would have sold that by now. I wish I could get the cash out of my Flash, I would love to have a HS.

Had a few nibbles. Not in a rush to sell, but a GI recently came available in my area, and that is my guilty pleasure game

#1698 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

If anyone is looking to sell any vids, I am looking for Robotron, Sinistar, and Donkey Kong.

Some guy contacted me on cl wanting to trade a 422 multicade donkey kong. Can send you his info if you would like

#1700 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Thanks, but I am looking for an original donkey kong.

No problem! I wish people would actually read the ads. I specifically put what I would like to trade for.

Hoping to hear from the mattress guy

#1714 6 years ago

Have a silver HS repro pf for sale. Sold the game, buyer didn't want the pf. Will post pictures shortly.

#1718 6 years ago
Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Congrats on the sale bro. One less temptation for me. My 10 day WTB Sorcerer bump

Looking for a Tommy or a gilligans meow.

#1721 6 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Sorry... dsuperbee; I just sold a Tommy at CAX for $2700. I didn't know you're were looking for one.
Kerry

Wasn't really then. I like it, ends up gf really likes it, so might as well make her happy . Will look good next to GnR too!

1 week later
#1813 6 years ago

Hoping to find a Tommy, hopefully in N. Ca. Only requirement is that the blinders are there and functional.

#1817 6 years ago

I know there had been one for sale on the LA Craigslist for quite some time. I don't know it's condition though.

Will look for ad, thanks!

Quoted from surfsidedetail:

I have a nice Tommy that came from treasure cove if interested

Pm sent

#1823 6 years ago

I know there had been one for sale on the LA Craigslist for quite some time. I don't know it's condition though.

Finally found the ad. With what he is asking, there is little wonder as to why it has been running for so long. 4750 for a Tommy?!?

#1827 6 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

dsuperbee... I sold my Tommy recently at CAX in San Jose for $2700, with an original plastic ball topper. It had working blinders and was in real nice condition. I will say, I probably could have sold it 5 times and maybe for a tad more ($3k?). However, this nice guy Ken laid (135) $20 bills ($2,700 cash) on me, right at the beginning of the show. Good for him! Bad for me, walking around with a huge bulge in my pocket.
Kerry

That is about what I am expecting to pay for a decent shopped game. Here is hoping!

2 weeks later
#1919 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Really Gang, Cute. To much time in cyberspace. It's called caps lock, oops. That bored?

Hemad-starwars.jpg

1 month later
#2245 6 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Still looking for a DW... So, I just plunked down the $10 to make my Doctor Who Wanted Listing "featured" lol.... Also to prove, I am pretty damn serious. I need me a Doctor. But not just any doctor.... A good Doctor....

Took me 2-3 years to find one up here. Be patient, and it will come

#2248 6 years ago

I cant wait that long for a doctor lol

One will pop up sooner or later. (Not mine, but someone else will sell!)

#2274 6 years ago

I am starting to get desperate for a doctor... But I still cant get passed bad inserts and broken ramps etc... Still looking.... Impatiently. Very. Very Impatiently.

I can't recall ever seeing a DW in person without some insert wear, mostly in front of the mini pf. Mine seems to be above average, but still have it!

Ramps are reproduced, so don't worry about those

4 months later
#2918 5 years ago

Funny how the Dr. Who's are crawling out from California. Not to long ago I was in the desperate mode looking all over the country for one.

Well if you believe the tin-foil crowd: lots of a certain pin for sale = repros coming soon!

#2934 5 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

What do Caribbean cruises usually sell for? $650 seems pretty cheap
I agree though. I bought a WW a while back and while it was a great game, I overpaid by $700-800 because of some imperfections the seller failed to mention and I failed to ask about. It's tough to buy without a real visual inspection. For the price of a Southwest ticket, it would be better to see with your own eyes.

Just a few years ago you couldn't give them away. 200 was the norm.

#2936 5 years ago

Anyone that sells a pin knowing it has a dead skunk inside it and you did not notice for any reason in the photos. Is a bad seller. Sorry, wont say names. "dapperdan24"
In the END... Sly Fox Shipping via LA area to Bay Area... Very nice guy, I recommend him.

Wait, is this sarcasm, or did the game really have a dead skunk in it??

#2939 5 years ago

lol, well it would be gross if that happened but sure would be a great story. Just sarcasm

$650-$ 800 is high end in my opinion. At that price it should not have a botched playfield done by a caveman. However, I am not too worried about it. $650 is not that much now days, which is why I did not pay proper attention.

I wasn't sure. It is still early, and have had 0 caffeine.

1 week later
#2991 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

get there Friday and have cash. lots of the pins for sale move quickly.

Better yet, volunteer for load in on Thurs and Fri. Lots of deals made then too.

#3006 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Looks like I will need to sell my GnR and No Fear soon here in Reno. Not sure if I am going to list it here as the marketplace is a pain, and craigslist has worked better for me in the past. If you are looking for one let me know. I will try to get at least a cl ad up by the end of the week. GnR looks great except for a small wear spot below the axl hole. No Fear looks great except for faded cabinet.

There was someone a few spots up looking for a GnR

2 weeks later
#3152 5 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Damn.. that makes 3 TSPP for sale in California

According to the pinside tinfoil hat crew, a vault edition must be on the way!

#3178 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Where is Electonica? Do you have a website for them?

It was a nighttime area at disneys California adventure a few years back.

#3190 5 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Ok just removed this ad. My wife loves the Flynn's neon sign and doesn't want me to sell it, so it stays

If you were in N.Ca, it would have already been hung in my room

1 month later
#3419 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So are there any reasonable Pins for sale in CA?

There was a decent price on a LOTR and a Fireball a few pages back.

#3425 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

desuperbee, a member here has a dp whirlwind he might be selling at pin a go go. im not sure, but I do recall he was thinking about selling it.

That was me. Game won't be finished in time due to cutting back on pin funds (got laid off after 13 years)

#3438 5 years ago

I will still be at Pagg, just can't bring the WW. Gilligans is still going. This is a good thing! I will find something better

#3439 5 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Sorry to hear about your job dude, your job obviously survived the recession, and they lay you off NOW!?! That's just messed up....
Can you explain what you mean by "won't be finished"?

Still need new ramps, flippers rebuilt and upgraded, pops rebuilt, stuff like that.

#3446 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yea? Where do we get these $3600 brand new whirlwind machines then?

Same place you get brand new 69 Camaro's for 3500, since ya know, that is what they cost NEW!

1 month later
#3851 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Got quite a few people asking for the Centaur and pricing
I will be selling soon like I posted earlier but can anyone tell me what a fair price is for a original very nice Centaur ? ( besides the low balling flippers )

Somewhere around 3k or so I would guess.

#3855 5 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

A centaur from the early 80s ? that game is so old and actually very poorly made so I think it would be worth maybe &1200-1400 at best i mean really it's a centaur A CENTAUR for cryin' out loud it's old and cheap and probably won't stay powered on long before it's gone for good

It's a very highly desired classic game with great artwork and great gameplay. It has always demanded a high price just like the other popular games of the Era such as fathom.

#3870 5 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

you bet centaur is overrated , after running 7 arcades in the 80s in various parts of California , centaur was a terrible earner . Repetitive sounds and no-fun gameplay . A real clunker for my techs as well , but by all means pay way too much for it because it's old and has a cool color scheme. It's a $1000 game at best , and that's only if u want to waste a grand . Much better for the money out there , that game was a mistake

So based on what you just said the following games had similar issues (poor earners, lots of upkeep) and should only be worth a grand:

TZ, CV, SC, STTNG, etc...

It doesn't matter at all if it was a poor earner when it was released, or was a PITA because it broke, all that matters is what someone is willing to pay for it now.

6 months later
#4878 4 years ago

I haven't checked in a bit, but there was a 2500 RS on CL last week.

Edit: someone bought it, and now it is 3200. There is one bad blurry pic, so you may be able to talk him down once you see it in person.

#4907 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I know i said I was in the market for a FH... but holy batman... 12k?
sfbay.craigslist.org link

If it was indeed restored by CH then the price is right in line.

#4913 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

"Chris Hutchins does incredible work this Fun House will rank right there maybe nicer if thats possible, it is gorgeous..."
I read that as it wasn't restored by CH but is just as nice.

Yeah, I agree.

#4917 4 years ago
Quoted from pinpoor:

Well damn. I have a Sparky restored for just 10K!
HaHa. Where you been?

Busy with Atticus of course! finished Gilligans and Roadshow. Haven't made much progress on the Dredd yet, and still chasing down 5v reset issues on the TZ extension harness.

I gotta get the Gorgar boards back to Shayne still, and then I need to grab the joust boards for ya.

#4918 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I disagree. A project FH is $2500. Maybe $3000. Throw another what...$6k or $7k to HEP and you're into it $10k tops. And you don't get every dollar back on a HEP resale. I passed on a HEP IJ for around $9k recently because it was East Coast and bad timing. I think a resale HEP FH should be around $7500. And a lot less for a non-HEP restored FH.

Any FH except a basket case is at least 3k now it seems, especially in the Bay Area. I would expect a decently restored FH not from one of the big names to be around 5 or so. I am not in the Hep market period, so it was a shot from the hip

2 weeks later
#4982 4 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Did you find out how much he got for that Funhouse? I'm curious how bad the playfield was given how everything else was so beat up.

Probably too much. His asking price for the pinbot was pretty steep IMO. At least with a FH you can almost build a brand new one from repro parts.

#4997 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Not a pin but I have a super nice Atari 720 Ill trade for a Pin or sell out right.

What are you asking?

#5001 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

What are 720's going for nowadays? $5k+ ?
Just put a new power supply in it. Plays perfect, minor burn in. Cabinet almost perfect. New decals.

Gonna pass. That seems much higher than what they have been going for.

#5008 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Come on, man. Don't pull that "they go for (insert absurd price)" baloney on here. I recall a super clean one on Pinside just 3 months ago for $1950. Maybe you can do a little better, but don't try to bend poeple over on the local thread.

He bought that one I believe.

7 months later
#5833 4 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

Anyone know of a BBH or BBB looking for a new home?

I do, he isn't on pinside. Pm me for his info.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsuperbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside