(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,710 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 461 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darkryder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

4 months later
#10084 2 years ago

Looking for Elvira HOH if anyone has any leads. PM me, thanks.

1 week later
#10140 2 years ago

Looking for Elvira HOH LE or SE. Cash buyer, shoot me a PM

1 month later
#10179 2 years ago

Looking for Elvira LE on West Coast. Will pay market price, cash on glass. Bueller....anyone?

2 months later
#10377 2 years ago

California is beautiful and we have amazing weather, top talent and excellent job market. Homeless, trash and poverty are everywhere, not just here. If you don’t like Cali, then GTFO! Been all over the U.S, Canada, Mexico, etc. and still haven’t found a place I’d rather live. I will say, British Columbia is damn nice and I wouldn’t mind living there, but those winters…brrr

7 months later
#11148 1 year ago

I have 16 taking up much of my 1100 sq ft house. I’m fine with that for now and so is my fiancé. When we have a child, I might sell some or put them in storage. Hard to part with your dream collection that took 15 years to build!

1 month later
#11244 1 year ago

Listing my POTC LE with tons of mods for sale. PM if interested.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#11262 1 year ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Grand champ at 2.5m and used Marty for that game. That's super interesting to me. I scored really high with Marty too - he was Grand Champ for a while too until a more recent game with Salazar... Your game is decked out and beautiful. GLWS!

Thanks, I never really played the game much as was always fixing factory issues or installing mods. Now it’s done and I’m afraid to play it due to the value and never ending wait for final code. I’m on the fence about selling it as I’m sure I’ll regret it. No doubt the game is a masterpiece.

#11314 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Between Sluggo39 's MMR and zh2oson 's Taxi, I need a bigger house. Alas, if I get a bigger house, can afford pins to put it in (California problems)

I have a 1060 sq. ft. 3/1 single family home with 16 pins spread throughout different rooms. If there’s a will, there’s a way LOL

#11316 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

And obviously single and living alone! Lmao!

That would be incorrect. Engaged and getting married in September. Fiancé loves pins too!

#11319 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Congrats!!!
You got to remember we're in a hobby where every time you try to sell a machine, it's what maybe 80% of the time where, you get a buyer who says "I want the machine but let me check with my wife" and then you never hear from them again!
So when people hear of your setup they assume you're single!

Ha, you’re right about that! One of the reasons I’m marrying her…she puts up with my pinball and other addictions lol. Seriously, though, space is tight and we’ll either expand or move into a bigger house or I’ll put some games in storage soon. Selling the dream collection is not an option, lol. A few years ago when I was single, pinball got me laid every damn time…fun times!

#11330 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

This was not my experience. If I got some action, it was definitely in spite of pinball. Maybe with the growing popularity of barcades, the sentiment towards pinball has changed among todays young women.

It was the craziest thing. I’d bring a date home and fire up the pins. We’d play a few games and before the game was over, my pants were being unzipped LOL. I think WOZ was the most popular pin with the ladies. The rock pins such as AC/DC, Aerosmith, Metallica also get things pumping. Whoever said women don’t like pins is full of shit

4 months later
#11620 1 year ago

Considering selling or trading my HUO Elvira LE w/ Stern topper + mods. Interested in Alien LV, Jurassic Park LE, Rush LE, Kiss LE, Zeppelin LE or Black Knight LE. Game is perfect aside from a tiny nick in the powder in the left side rail as well as one of the rear legs. Has dual DocQuest TV screens, back door plastic, creepy camper, PinMonk insert lenses, Brite Buttons, full Medisinyl mods, Stern Gargoyle topper etc. Plays 100% perfectly. PM if you want to work a trade deal for any of the aforementioned pins. Not interested in any other pins at this time.

Added 17 months ago:

Elvira LE is pending sale. Still looking for Alien LV, Black Knight LE or Kiss LE.

3 months later
#11747 1 year ago

Any crazy deals on newer Stern/JJP/Spooky/CGC pins in NorCal right now? Itching for something new, have cash and pickup. Interested in premium or LE titles, PM me what you’ve got!

1 month later
#11873 1 year ago

I have a Godzilla LE loaded with mods I’d trade for a Kiss LE if anyone on the West Coast is looking to change things up. Not interested in trading for any other titles at this time. It’s a long shot, but I figured I’d put it out there

#11881 1 year ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Too bad I have some other LE games I would consider this for.
But Kiss is probably my favorite game and will never leave.
Good luck with the search.
DPLE?

Yeah, I just can’t into the theme, It’s a fun challenging game and the BOC music is cool, but it doesn’t blow my socks off. I’ve done a lot of expensive mods to it. I seem to gravitate more towards the rock/music pins. Funny thing is I’m not a huge Kiss fan and was never much into their music, but I like some of their songs and no one can deny their mass appeal or collectibility. The theme was well executed and the artwork is beautiful. I love pins with amazing artwork! Led Zeppelin LE and Scooby CE are other titles I’m after and would consider a trade + cash deal. Otherwise, I’ll probably list it for sale soon

#11884 1 year ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

If you didn’t already have ACDC I could have gone ACDC LTBR.

Nice! Luci is one of the last pins I’d ever part with! I have mine folded up in storage and miss playing it. Maybe I’ll warm up to Foo Fighters in time? I do like their music and Godfather also peeks my interest

1 week later
#11909 1 year ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

This is not meant to be as a negative comment on any of these advertised prices in this forum, but don't you guys think it's crazy that you can basically buy car for the cost of a pinball machine these days? Shopping for my son's first car, looking at some 80s classics and realize I can pretty much trade for a pinball machine.

Yes, pin prices have gone parabolic and I do think of selling my entire collection and paying half of my mortgage off with the cash, but life wouldn’t be the same without pins in the house. The next 5 to 10 years should be interesting. Will prices continue to rise? Will we have $20k new pins and similar prices for sought after used titles? Things are getting very rich in this hobby and even toppers now cost several thousand. I just bought a sweet 1924 Ford Model T that brings me a lot of joy and it only cost $9k. I can’t even buy a new pin for that now, it’s wild.

#11911 1 year ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Yes but... most cars depreciate in value, while many pinball's have gone up in value

True Kerry, vehicles are usually sunk money. I’ve had a few pins 2X in value and others have appreciated nicely. Sadly, I never take those unrealized profits LOL. I’m too attached to the games, they mean more to me than money. I just hope the pin market doesn’t crash hard at some point, but if it does then I’m going to double my collection again ha ha

#11913 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Fricken awesome. I would have bought that too!!

Thanks! It’s going to fun getting it back on the road. Lots to do, but she runs

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x5Aca__gdircvho4b7nS9YHYuTcvxohz/view?usp=drivesdk

#11937 1 year ago

I have a HUO Godzilla LE in mint condition loaded with the best mods I’d sell for $16.5k or consider trading for a Kiss LE, Batman 66 LE, Foo LE or AFMr LE +- cash for equal value. PM me if interested in sale or trade

Added 12 months ago:

1 week later
#11973 1 year ago

Looking for Godfather CE, Kiss Prem/LE, Zeppelin LE or Scooby CE. Send PM if you have any leads

3 months later
#12150 9 months ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

I had people use Beltman before. They do transport with the legs on, which I am not a big fan of, but they have taken two of my machines across country and they did an amazing job.

They chipped the powder rail and leg on my old Elvira HOH LE so results may vary

#12153 9 months ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

You really have to either wrap and cornerboard the game yourself or micromanage them while they do it, otherwise yes - results may vary (in a bad way). Even if wrapped well, stuff happens in transit. I have had good experiences overall with them except one game which they dropped and smashed. Ironically, this was the only game I had shipped folded and strapped to a pallet. Looked like a forklift picked it up and dropped it from pretty high. Get the insurance for the full amount. It’s worth the small extra cost and does pay in a situation like that.

They tightened the straps too tight around the unprotected legs and across the rails, from what I recall. Plus their logistics woman (Michelle?) was difficult to deal with. Not sure if I'll ever use them again. I was just glad the game arrived with zero cabinet damage. The powdercoating can be redone, but I ended up selling the game for a $5k profit...it all worked out!

2 months later
#12251 6 months ago
Quoted from silverbearss:

Hey All! I have a few games for sale and happy to make package deals. Out with the old in with the new. All listed on the marketplace, but here is the break down with lower prices. Open to trades as well. I will be listing next month an The Addams Family and Hurricane . I might be getting back my Houdini as the new owner doesn't like it. Happy to sell it at more discount.
Wheel of Fortune – Received from the original owner and looks in fantastic shape. $5,600
Fish Tales – Really nice example with little to no cabinet fade and original topper. I can add a ColorDMD/Voodoo glass for an additional charge. $6,400
Monster Bash (Limited Edition) – Received from the original owner and looks in fantastic shape. $10,800
Toy Story 4 (CE) – It is my friend’s game with under 200 games on it. He bought it new for the kids, but they don’t play it. $12,500

I'd consider a trade deal, Toy Story for Alien LV. The kids probably wouldn't like a horror theme, but it doesn't hurt to put it out there:

It's basically fire sales for pinball machines right now if you want cash, so trade deals are more appealing. GLWS

1 week later
#12285 6 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Machine - For Sale

For sale or trade: Batman 66 Pinball Refinery

New ad!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “For sale or trade is my completely flawless, ONE of a kind Pinball Refinery Batman 66. I challenge you to find a nicer looking Batman 66.
This was a premium game that was meticulou...”

9 hours ago

Livermore, CA
(25 mi)

imagamejunky

13,000 (OBO)

Beautiful Batman 66. PM sent!

#12287 6 months ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Hello Darkryder... it's Kerry in Danville. I seen and played this BM66 game many times. It's a beautiful example., I know how particular you are in your pins. IMO; you won't be disappointed in Nick's BM66.
Hopefully, you both can meet up and make a sale.
Kerry Richard

Hi Kerry - Hope all is well friend! I was always interested in a BM66 LE or SLE, but prices have gone crazy and this premium looks like an SLE. I would probably add the repro/aftermarket LE topper to it, but otherwise it's gorgeous. I have a pimped out Rick & Morty I’m going to trade for. Trade deals make better sense today with the insane Pinflation.

-Jeremy

1 month later
#12368 5 months ago

I have a mint Scooby Doo CE I’d consider trading for an AFM LE, Black Knight LE, Foo Fighters LE, Deadpool LE, Stranger Things LE or Godfather CE. Can add cash for equal value and deliver game. PM if interested

4 weeks later
#12420 4 months ago

Wow, smoking deal right there! Should go quickly

1 month later
#12550 81 days ago

I have a Scooby CE in perfect condition for sale or trade in San Jose (listed in marketplace). Interested in newer Stern or JJP pins of equal or similar value, can add cash for the right deal. Black Knight LE, Foo Fighters LE, Godfather LE and Dialed in LE or CE are on my list if you have one you'd be interested in trading.

4 weeks later
#12623 53 days ago

Looking for Black Knight SOR LE or Elton CE on West Coast. PM me if you have either for sale or a lead. Thanks

1 week later
#12645 43 days ago

HUO Scooby Doo CE for sale in Santa Clara. Price drop to $7950. Need gone to make space for new games. PM if interested

1 week later
#12663 32 days ago

Selling my restored and heavily modded Attack from Mars. PM if interested

1 month later
#12709 18 hours ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

Your collection is amazing. Some very rare games not seen to often.
Looking forward to seeing what you list.

No doubt, what a collection. I hope he has a money counter/counterfit detection machine, that's a lot of $ moving around. Some great deals there

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darkryder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=darkryder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.