(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,710 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 461 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bicyclenut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1430 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I admire the effort. The worst thing about the hobby, are the people who feed off the people starting the hobby.

You are right Jean-Luc-
I think there are 2 types of buyers out there. 1) the person who has no skills to fix or restore a pin. This type of buyer just wants a finished product and usually, like you say, pays to much and wants it now.
2) the person who wants a project and looks for a good deal.

Myself...I like the projects and know a good deal when I see it. I just bought a Abra Ca Dabra and feel I scored a great deal, but needs a little work.

But I think the buyer getting into this hobby, needs to do a little research and hunt for the right machine no matter which type of buyer they are. Getting involved in a pin community like this (Pinside) is a great start. I find the "Hunt" is almost the best part.
This hobby is almost an obsession. I love looking for different machines. Im a huge 70's EM Gottlieb fan, always searching.....not always buying.

#1432 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Did you buy Kyle's Abra Ca Dabra with the faded backglass? That one was in pretty good shape, minus the missing red.

No, I bought from Jean-Luc. I saw Kyle's and had inquired and he put me #2 on the list. Then I saw Aarons and made a deal with him. Then Kyle offered his to me, but my deal was done. Mine has a new backglass in it and is a liitle bit of a project too, which I like. My bigger problem is I'm in the middle of restoring a Jack's Open and so ACD has to wait.

1 week later
#1469 8 years ago

Has anyone ever used this site below? Prices don't seem right.

http://www.buynsellpinballmachines.com/ads/twilight-zone-pinball/

1 week later
#1523 8 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I also got a Meteor from LA today via Chris. good stuff.

I live in Fresno, will Chris deliver to Fresno from bay area or LA area? Or is it strickly bay area/LA. Just curious for the furture.

1 week later
#1562 8 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Looking for a super clean EM. Not sure what exact title I want but something with a spinners is a plus. Let me know if you have anything!

Wedge head or multiplayer?

#1574 8 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Either will do.

fresno.craigslist.org link
Here is this one in Fresno. Been on CL for awhile so I'm sure you can talk price. This is a fun one and I'd love to have but, no room right now.

3 weeks later
#1653 8 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/22051
Here's an Abra Ca Dabra for sale. I know this guy....he's legit

2 months later
#2024 8 years ago

fresno.craigslist.org link

Hey everyone. Here is a Flash for sale in Fresno. I went and looked at it and the cabinet is in pretty good shape with normal scratches here and there. Legs had some rust on them. Backglass had some flaking. It turned on but not all the displays worked. I couldnt get the game to load a ball or give me a credit. The playfield had some wear around the inserts, but not to bad. The plastics look really good. Needs a rubber kit. Im an EM collector and I dont know what it would take or how much it would cost to get this thing running. Just wanted to give my input. Hope it helps.

1 month later
#2348 8 years ago

Looking for a Gottlieb Haunted House.

1 month later
#2555 8 years ago

Ohhhhh man!! Viking is a super fun game....Deadly Weapon isn't bad either

6 months later
#4044 7 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Will trade straight across for an Austin Powers

Any interest in a trade for a Dr. Dude for AP?

5 months later
#4786 7 years ago

Wanted- Elvira and the party monsters "Monster Slide" plastic. Just arch at the entry. Let me know, thanks

1 month later
#4925 7 years ago

Nah! It's the Dodgers year. Go Dodgers

Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

So here is the new shop

Nice looking shop. I have the problem of more pins than space.

#4927 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

and also remember the hunt is half the fun

so true

2 months later
#5168 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryphun:

Looking for a Data East Torpedo Alley or Rocky & Bullwinkle

merced.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#5253 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I did end up getting the TZ.

I watched that auction online ALL DAY! I wasn't sure how it was going to work and I wanted that beat up Jokerz machine. I cant believe it went for $500. It seemed like the games went for some pretty high prices compared to what they have sold for in the past on there. I still wish I was down there watching it in person. Seemed like a fun time.

#5288 7 years ago

MMMMM.....donuts (said in Homer voice)

2 months later
#5507 6 years ago

Dang dude! Getting out of the hobby? I still have the Abra Ca Dabra you sold me. Good luck

1 month later
#5686 6 years ago

Hello everyone. I have a friend I'm helping find his first Pinball machine. He's not a pinball guy like all of us but has always liked pinball and wants a game. He doesn't want an EM game but something "digital". His max to spend is $1500.00. Anyone have anything around that price they are looking to sell? Im in Fresno and there is a Harlem Glob trotters for $1500 and a Firepower for $1600 on Craigslist, but thought Id ask everyone here first.
Let me know.

3 weeks later
#5795 6 years ago

Testing the waters to see if anyone is interested in a trade? Like most of you I always like having something new (new to me) in my line up. Im kinda a hoarder with pinball and don't like selling any of my games. But, Im completely out of room. I have a really nice Dr. Dude that I've become bored with. If anyone is looking to trade something they are bored with or looking for a change, let me know what you have. Id like to trade for something around the same year, 1990ish or newer. Im also willing to put some money to make up any difference, if need be. If anyone is interested I can give you pics and details of the game. New LED's, Rotten dog boards, yada, yada, yada.... Thanks and have a great day everyone.

#5802 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Gottlieb Surf n Safari in so cal, near anaheim Ca. Who needs a rasta alligator?
Super clean, fully operational. Tight, solid playing, error free machine. New translite and trim. Rebuilt drops.
$2700, comes with new yellow ramp, and populated spare. Dont need them, but it comes with, small shoebox of new parts. Custom cliffy just made for me , saucer kickout. Operations manual. Plug and play.
Game has been to Pagg 2017, no problems at all during show, over 500 plays. Also been in few tournys its so solid and moves easy. Custom Led work, not throughout, but nice accents. Cheezy TIKI topper and palm trees included. Shopped and some titans added. Sling plastic new, plus spare, spare ramp lit entrance, brand new also included.
PM IF INTERESTED. Can and will pallett for shipping if needed.
Advertising here First.
Thanks Eric

I played this game for hours at PAGG this year. It plays so good. I would jump on this if I had the $$$$ or space (story of our lives right?)

4 weeks later
#5910 6 years ago

I just posted my Dr. Dude for sale in the market place. it really is in great shape. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/54773

3 weeks later
#5957 6 years ago

I posted this in the NorCal thread also, so sorry if you follow that thread too.

I case anyone is interested, I lowered the price of my Dr. Dude for sale to $1900. Located in Fresno. I need the room for another game I committed to buy. I don't have to sell Dr. Dude, so I wont be giving it away, but I'd rather see someone enjoying it than folding it up and storing it in the garage.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/54773

#5959 6 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

there's a $1600 doctor dude listed for a long time in sacramento and no takers...

Thanks for the heads up. Im open to offers too

11 months later
#7231 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Can’t we all just agree that they both suck almost as much as Family Guy and be done with it?

I love Family Guy the game and show. Super fun pin

1 month later
#7334 5 years ago

Yep, Chris is a solid dude. Used him a few times.

2 weeks later
#7405 5 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

It is in amazing shape and pretty much has every extra you can think of: color dmd, construction topper, invisiglass, mirror side blades,.....

Dang! that thing is clean. Looks amazing. Such a great game. GLWS

#7407 5 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Yes. Probably the nicest I ever had, but I have to make room for another new pin (my personal holy grail), so this one has to go (as my wife told me ).
It is a steal for the price, and if it won't sell before X-Mas, I'll bump up the price again and most likely keep it....just gotta find a way to convince the wife, she thinks it will be physically traded against a new one .

I know exactly where you are coming from.

1 month later
#7528 5 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Looking to trade for an Aerosmith Pro. Stock version without mods preferably. PM me if you have one. Located in Santa Clarita

What do you have for trade?

#7530 5 years ago
Quoted from Daveeb2000:

I would be in for a trade for Aerosmith, I have a really nice Jurrasic park + $$ if your interested in that.

No, not looking to trade my AS I was just curious what the pervious poster had for trade..

#7565 5 years ago

Just listed my GBpro if anyone is interested.

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Im selling my Ghostbusters Pro with mods and topper. This has been a great game. Upgrades include: Walking Stay Puff, Sparky TV, upgraded Library, custom storage facility, Shaker m...”
2019-01-31
Fresno, CA
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 183 times

2 weeks later
#7607 5 years ago

In case anyone is interested, Ive got my POTO up for sale. Open to reasonable offers or trades.

Machine - For Sale
Fully restored (full original status) - “I have a nice example of a Data East Phantom of the Opera. I've gone through this game and it works perfect. I also installed a NOS playfield. The cabinet is in excellent condition...”
2019-02-13
Fresno, CA
Archived after: 16 days
Viewed: 232 times

1 month later
#7716 5 years ago
Quoted from SimpleSam:

I'm looking for a late 80's through 90's game.

Last Action Hero!

2 weeks later
#7804 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I think GB is a great game

I agree with you. It's definitely not a game for beginners. More for advanced players. For me, my LE is a Grail game. I love how challenging this game is.

4 weeks later
#7947 4 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Saw a Godzilla posted in the sac area...Too far for me but looks decent from what I can tell
hopefully someone picks it up

thats gotta be fake!

#7952 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Godzilla is a scam.

WHAT??? I just gave them my credit card number. He said he was a Prince and needed me to hold some money for him too. they would be shipping the game as soon as they got my payment and bitcoin deposite. HAHAHA

#7960 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

If you haven't dealt with him, he's a super nice guy.

I 2nd that. He's one of my best buds! Straight shooter.

#7962 4 years ago
Quoted from thatdangguy:

lmjdad bought a pin from me sometime ago, super dude! And so is bicyclenut!

Hey look who it is! thatdangguy Havent seen you on here in awhile. Thanks so much, BTW I now own your Metallica!! Its a grail game for me.

8 months later
#8734 4 years ago

Did anyone on here pick up that Diner that was for sale in San Joaquin on Facebook Market place? Just curious the shape it was in.

2 weeks later
#8764 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Looking for my first em, project but in working or close to working condition, maybe 70s Gottlieb. Preferably 1 or 2 player. Rough playfield and cabinet ok. PM me with what you’ve got.

Just a word of advice, I’d try and find a single player first if you’ve never worked on an EM before.

6 months later
8 months later
#10133 2 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

My GB topper is probably worth more than my premium! Lol

HA! true story

#10135 2 years ago

I got bored with my GB LE and stopped playing it for a long while. Im so glad I didnt sell it, because now it feels like a new game playing it again. The art package alone wont let me sell it.

4 months later
#10638 2 years ago

WHAT??? you're selling your Simpsons? I thought that would never leave...You are turning over a lot of your games, must be something big in the mix?

#10641 2 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Guess I was a little unclear. Selling the populated ramp I took out of my DE Simpsons

Probably was my stupidity. Sorry. I should have read a little more clearly. My bad

2 months later
#10844 2 years ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Merry Christmas, Cali Pin Dudes!

Merry Christmas to all!

2 months later
#11023 2 years ago

Im going to be listing my super nice Road Show in the market place later this evening. Just wanted to let any California peps to know first. DM me if interested. Ill have pics and details in Market place ad.

1 month later
#11143 1 year ago

There is some truth to the statement "It's a sickness"

8 months later
1 week later
#11718 1 year ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

No, I put it on here to give people who were closer a chance to grab it.

Thanks for posting it. Im in Fresno and always a sucker for a pinball machines and have restored may "at the curb" type pinball. One of my favorite games was one I found left out for garbage pickup, a Gottlieb Jumping Jack. After much cabinet repair, primer, paint, graphics, new playfield, new plastics, new backglass, new playfield glass, new legs, new coin door etc... I realize I'm never going to get my money back out of it. I'm fine with this because it's like playing a brand new game and Ill keep it.
Looking at the Kings of Steel game, I just saw time and money adding up for a game I don't find that fun to play and resale not being that much. I had a few friends message me telling me to "GO GET IT" and it could be a parts machine. I just dont have the room. Im at the point in my years of collecting that I dont want to get rid of anything so, Im out of room. However I am picking up a T2 on Friday and have no clue were I'm putting it.
I really hope someone saved this game. Maybe someone new to the hobby and wants to a restore project. If you got this game and are in the Fresno area and need help, let me know, I might be able to offer some advice. Good luck

1 month later
#11814 1 year ago

Selling my Austin Powers if anyone is interested.

#11829 1 year ago

Dropped the price on my Austin Powers if anyone is interested.

Added 13 months ago:

sold

4 weeks later
#11922 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They just don't come up often, I'm not sure I remember seeing another for sale in SoCal since I bought mine honestly, and I've had it for years. But I've seen them for sale in other places in the $16k range

Yep...you are so right. And its not just the LE's that dont come up, its Metallica in general. You just dont see many of them pop up very often. Also, I had the same thing happen with my GB LE.....needles to say, I didnt sell it.

3 Pro's
2 Prem
1 LE (pending)
in marketplace currently. WOW

1 month later
#12015 11 months ago

Wendy's employee : Wendy's.

Michael Scott : Hello, Wendy. This is Kevin's friend, Michael.

Wendy's employee : This isn't Wendy.

Michael Scott : Oh, I'm sorry. Could you put her on, please?

Wendy's employee : Dude, this is a Wendy's restaurant.

Michael Scott : [mutters] Damn it, Kevin.

Quoted from jahbarron:

This is a Wendys

#12035 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You can leverage your current collection if you want something new. I wouldn’t be buying new games if I couldn’t sell my old ones to pay for them.

This is what I did recently. I just bought a Foo Fighters LE. I ended up selling 5 games, my road bike and a old Honda Spree scooter to come up with the cash for the game. I was a little bummed to have to move so many games, but in all honestly they were games that didn't get played that much. Now, it feels pretty good to have a little more room in the garage. But this is what the hobby is all about for me. i love the "Hunt" of finding a game.

2 weeks later
#12075 11 months ago
Quoted from Blenderhead:

I am about to list a super nice Quick Draw, just a heads up for any Quick Draw/Fast Draw fans out there!

super fun game! GLWS

4 months later
#12318 6 months ago

Anyone interested in a Gottlieb Sprit upper playfield and backglass? Backglass has some paint missing on the nose. Other than that its in pretty good shape. Upper playfield is populated. If interested, send me a message. Not looking to ship.

1 week later
#12334 5 months ago

I case someone is looking for an Gottlieb EM....

Machine - For Sale
High Hand Archived
As is - “Up for sale is a 1973 Gottlieb High Hand Pinball machine. Good players game. Works as it should. New rubber kit added, playfiled cleaned and waxed. Show normal wear. New locks in t...”
2023-11-02
Fresno, CA
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 74 times

I also have a Donkey Kong cocktail for sale...$600

Located in Fresno.

Added 173 days ago:

sold

5 months later
#12681 19 days ago

Listed my GB LE for sale if anyone is interested-

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Up for sale is my PERFECT Ghostbusters LE. LE #375. Total plays 451 as of this posting. No scratches or dings never routed. Home use only. Upgrades include, Factory Stern topper, S...”
8 hours ago
Fresno, CA

#12687 16 days ago

Listed my Simpaons Pinball Party is anyone is interested:

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “The Simpsons Pinball party. The playfield is near perfect. Cliffys installed on the playfield. Titan Rubbers, Treehouse mod, hand of Rod mod, TV mod, Lamp shade mod, additional cha...”
2024-04-08
Fresno, CA
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 204 times

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bicyclenut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=bicyclenut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.